INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.120 -- Available Here  (Read 5182 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.120 -- Available Here
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:27:23 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Please read this first.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180120.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.120 (1/22/2013)

1. Changed: Improved buffer management in the audio part of video playback so that it better adapts to lumpy decoding, lumpy DSP, and computer performance.
2. Fixed: DVD playback could stutter with the last couple builds.
3. Fixed: Some internet streams using wma format would not play reliably, or would play but crash on stop.  (e.g. streams from SiriusXMStreamer application).
4. Fixed: Ripping multiple movie discs (DVD/Blu-ray) would sometimes show outdated information from the previous disc in the rip progress action window.

18.0.119 (1/21/2013)

1. Changed: Fixed-width dialogs scale their width when using oversized fonts (either in Options > Tree & View or through a large DPI setting in Windows).
2. Fixed: The 'Reset Settings' dialog was not working nicely with large fonts.
3. Fixed: Tooltips would not hide properly if a popup was shown while they were showing.
4. Changed: LAV's aggressive deinterlacing for MPEG-2 content is disabled for DVD ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77533.0 ).
5. Fixed: DLNA audio conversion was downmixing to stereo sometimes when it shouldn't have.
6. Changed: DLNA audio conversion: when in the "convert unsupported formats" mode the DSP settings under advanced are now used. This will help when multichannel material needs to be converted to stereo (under advanced) for most devices.
7. Fixed: Thumbnails for some types of videos were not working on Library Server clients (you might need to manually do Cover Art > Rebuild Thumbnail on the client one time).
8. Fixed: Clicking 'Add Note' in the Notes view and immediately switching away could lead to a crash.
9. Fixed: The search control could show a stale tooltip after coming out of Wizard mode.
10. Changed: Convolution auto-configuration switching supports the marker _1764 for a sample rate.
11. Changed: Carnac leaves image names IMG_####, MVI_####, and SAM_#### intact (instead of changing them to Img ####, etc.)
12. Changed: If a video has a pure black frame at the thumbnail location, the thumbnailer will seek one minute farther into the file and try again.
13. Fixed: Date ranges like [Last Played]=10m-300m were not being evaluated properly by the search engine.
14: Changed: DLNA: For aggregate DVD's and MPEG2 DVD Autofps conversion, change the DLNA flags to reflect the target framerate.
15: Fixed: DLNA: When convert when necessary was set for video, mkv's with mpeg2 should have been converted (since the DLNA protocol doesn't require mkv support) but were not. They will be now.

18.0.118 (1/18/2013)

1. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun!).
2. Fixed: Backed out a change from 18.0.107 that was preventing some renderers from seeing audio and image files.
3. Fixed: In some cases the search engine was not ignoring accented letters as expected.
4. Fixed: The mouse cursor was not changing properly with build 117.
5. Fixed: With certain DSP enabled, it could cause audio during video playback to skip more than necessary.
6. Changed: The mouse wheel on the position slider seeks instead of fast forward / rewinds.
7. Fixed: Mouse wheel handling was not working properly for the last few builds.
8. Changed: JPEG tagging preserves the file creation date.
9. Fixed: Interface plugin views were not working nicely with tabs.
10. Fixed: ZoneSwitch was not working as expected if the play zone was already active.
11. Changed: When attempting to play something other than audio to a linked zone, an error is shown offering to unlink and continue or cancel playback.
12. Fixed: Starting Play Doctor with an empty seed was not working nicely in some cases.

18.0.117 (1/16/2013)

1. Fixed: When using the Chromium browser engine and starting directly into Theater View, it could cause problems with madVR entering exclusive mode.
2. Fixed: In some cases MC would report zero files on a valid Blu-ray disc in rip action window.
3. Changed: The launcher accepts a simplified syntax for commands, so "MC18.exe /Command Pause" can be written "MC18.exe /Pause". (/Command is unnecessary for all commands, but supported for backwards compatibility)

18.0.116 (1/16/2013)

1. NEW: DoP bitstreaming supports any number of channels (instead of only stereo).
2. Changed: Audio Path displays more useful information when bitstreaming and it allows the blue light to come on (ie. direct mode).
3. Fixed: A few UI issues with build 115.
4. Fixed: Picking a sample rate in DSP Studio > Output Format could crash in rare cases.
5. Fixed: CD ripping crashes due to internal messaging system changes.
6. Fixed: Browsing for folders using the system dialog didn't properly disable the dialog that started the browse, making it possible to incorrectly perform other actions behind the browse dialog.

18.0.115 (1/15/2013)

1. Changed: Audio bitrates for video conversion.
2. NEW: Added MPEG/DVD autofps video conversion.
3. Changed: Revised mp4 and h264ts video conversion to conform to 4.0 profile (was 4.1).

18.0.114 (1/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Possible crash with build 113 due to internal changes.
2. Fixed: Gapped fade between tracks mode could have an audible hiccup when resampling using the last few builds.
3. NEW: Added 352,800 Hz as a possible resampling option in DSP Studio > Output Format.
4. Fixed: Caching of drive availability could lead to a case where auto-import would incorrectly remove a file on a hard drive that comes and goes (like a USB drive with a power switch, etc.).
5. Fixed: The mouse was not always working nicely with vertical child rollers in Theater View.

18.0.113 (1/11/2013)

1. Changed: Renamed the MP4TS conversion selections to H264-TS and made the MPEG2 more consistently descriptive.
2. NEW: Add smart frame rate conversions (_AUTOFPS). H264 targets maintain the original framerate. MPEG2TS targets convert to the nearest valid frame rate.
3. Changed: Updated the DLNA content flags.
4. Changed: the Samsung bd/tv template to remove the PS3 compat flag and to change the default conversion to H264-TS.
5. Changed: Internal revisions to how threads and messaging are handled (should be internal change, but please report any issues).

18.0.112 (1/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Calibration files that intentionally played sound out only one channel could trigger the pseudo-surround detection algorithm and cause unexpected channel mixing.
2. Fixed: An audio file that could not be parsed could cause a crash during import with build 18.0.111.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .55.1

18.0.111 (1/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Reference counting error on server serving client live television channels.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
3. NEW: Audio Calibration tool that can play user configurable test signals useful for calibration and testing (Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration).
4. Changed: Moved the advanced tool 'Create Test Clips...' into 'Audio Calibration...' (use the 'Create Files' on the bottom left).
5. Fixed: 'Update Library (from tags)' was not working with data files.
6. Fixed: Certain changes made with the 'Organize Favorites...' tool could be lost when restarting the program.
7. NEW: Added basic support for FLAC files with embedded CUE files.

18.0.110 (1/9/2013)

1. Changed: When deciding the order of "importance" of various Blu-ray playlists of similar (but different) durations for a movie title, MC now picks based on number of audio streams (if they differ) rather than duration.
2. Changed: If a NaN (not a number) or infinity value enters the audio engine, it will trigger protect mode (protect mode is a digital fuse system added to v16 that switches to silence if an invalid or dangerous signal is played).
3. Fixed: The pink noise creation in build 109 could output incorrect values for the first few samples.
4. Fixed: When deleting a file that had been zoomed automatically in Theater View, the program could go back two levels instead of one afterwards.
5. Changed: The Theater View file info panel no longer hides automatically if the focus shifts to the top roller (because that causes unexpected backs when using a mouse).
6. NEW: The low-pass fiter used for DSD-to-PCM conversion can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Configure input plug-in... > DSD Plugin...
7. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .55

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.120 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:42:48 am »

After dragging & dropping files from one split view to another MC doesn't catch a double click correctly. More info there.

georgem29

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:04:35 pm »

18.0.118 (1/18/2013)
7. Fixed: Mouse wheel handling was not working properly for the last few builds.

I'm still having issues with this in 120. If I put the cursor over the thumbnail size slider, rotating the wheel back makes the thumbnails smaller but rotating it forward does nothing. Also, if I give the slider focus, the up arrow key (counter-intuitively) makes the thumbnails smaller but the down arrow does nothing.

Magoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 04:17:18 pm »

I'm still having issues with this in 120. If I put the cursor over the thumbnail size slider, rotating the wheel back makes the thumbnails smaller but rotating it forward does nothing. Also, if I give the slider focus, the up arrow key (counter-intuitively) makes the thumbnails smaller but the down arrow does nothing.

Yup same for me, Seemed to work ok for second then when I tried again mouse wheel up did nothing!

Seems to be a bug where if the slider is to the left of center, mouse wheel up/arrow down will not work, but it it's past center to the right it will work.

I agree the arrow keys seem backwards.

georgem29

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:50:29 pm »

Seems to be a bug where if the slider is to the left of center, mouse wheel up/arrow down will not work, but it it's past center to the right it will work.

Good call, I hadn't noticed that. I get the same behavior.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »

Theater View EPG is hosed.  in .120.  I only get the current hour program guide.  In .112 I could scroll into the future to see what what going to be playing.

Screen shots of .112 and .120 are attached.

Thanks.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:21 pm »

Are you in the UK?  There have been some EPG problems there at the source.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54:15 pm »

Are you in the UK?  There have been some EPG problems there at the source.

Nope.  Mission Viejo, CA.  I uninstalled w/ clear registry and put it all back manually under .112.  I put .120 back on and EPG in Theater View is back to only showing current time segment with no ability to scroll. 

Sticking with .112 for now.

Thanks.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
BUG: Error importing playlists second time
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31:24 pm »

Bug observed @ 18.0.106

I create a folder with MPL playlists. I import them fine in MC using Library>Import>Import a single folder selecting playlists.
Next, I delete them, reimport. Nothing is important.

Let me know if you cannot replicate and need sample playlists I use.

T.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: BUG: Error importing playlists second time
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 08:47:15 pm »

Bug observed @ 18.0.106

I create a folder with MPL playlists. I import them fine in MC using Library>Import>Import a single folder selecting playlists.
Next, I delete them, reimport. Nothing is important.

Let me know if you cannot replicate and need sample playlists I use.

This is normal and expected.  See this reply (#4):

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77539.msg526587#msg526587
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 12:01:40 am »

Theater View EPG is hosed.  in .120.  I only get the current hour program guide.  In .112 I could scroll into the future to see what what going to be playing.

Screen shots of .112 and .120 are attached.

Thanks.
+1

seeing this also under the All roller. If you go to 'time' and 'tomorrow morning' then the current evening guide shows correctly!

SBR

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 02:30:06 am »

All my audio settings were flushed with build .120, as if defaulted to "factory" settings. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:07:18 am »

Confirmed.  It'll be fixed next build.

Sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CJandCO

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:19 am »

All my audio settings were flushed with build .120, as if defaulted to "factory" settings. 

Hello,

Me too all my settings have been reset with this update.

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »

I keep getting this message popping up in the last build....

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:59 am »

When I am in full screen Display View mode watching a video file, In Build 120, pressing the space bar to pause, and then pressing it again to resume, will produced a tooltip on the left side of the screen.  I need to move my mouse in that area to dismiss it.

(It occurred repeatedly during family viewing, so I did not have a chance to jot down the text in the box - I'll try to do so sometime today.  UPDATE:  Doesn't do it now - even with same file. :)  I think the tooltip was "Resume", the same one you get if you use the on-screen pause button.)

Perhaps the following fix in 119 was related ?

Fixed: Tooltips would not hide properly if a popup was shown while they were showing.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
ASIO not working
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »

I am unable to use ASIO in this version - playback does not start at all if ASIO is selected, and clicking on "Output mode settings" in Options freezes MC completely -> crash.
This was (and still is) working fine in 18.0.106
My audio card is RME Fireface 400 with latest driver installed.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Re: ASIO not working
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 01:34:50 pm »

I am unable to use ASIO in this version - playback does not start at all if ASIO is selected, and clicking on "Output mode settings" in Options freezes MC completely -> crash.

I'm using ASIO to talk to a Echo Audiofire 12 via firewire and it is working fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO not working
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 01:40:46 pm »

Please double check the settings in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...

If an ASIO driver comes or goes, it could cause JRiver to be pointing to an unexpected device.

If you continue to have problems, please start a new thread and we'll troubleshoot more.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 02:19:10 pm »

When I am in full screen Display View mode watching a video file, In Build 120, pressing the space bar to pause, and then pressing it again to resume, will produced a tooltip on the left side of the screen.  I need to move my mouse in that area to dismiss it.

(It occurred repeatedly during family viewing, so I did not have a chance to jot down the text in the box - I'll try to do so sometime today.  UPDATE:  Doesn't do it now - even with same file. :)  I think the tooltip was "Resume", the same one you get if you use the on-screen pause button.)

Perhaps the following fix in 119 was related ?

Same here. I mentioned it in build 119.
geoptin

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 03:04:57 pm »

I can't duplicate the problem.

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 05:21:52 pm »

The function in MC
"Locate > On Disk > External"

Does not open the correct folder if the folder name includes Japanese characters (I always name the folder names according to the album name, for example "ぱみゅぱみゅレボリューション" doesn't work).

Magoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 05:44:37 pm »

I just got an update notification and now running .122
Pages: [1]   Go Up