INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18 has stopped working...  (Read 2470 times)

ReTango

• Recent member
Media Center 18 has stopped working...
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:22 pm »

Hi, Since I installed MC 18,  Media Center stops working irregularly each couple of days.. It stops mostly when it's idle, but also sometimes in strange occasions (e.g. after changing font size in Options - Theater View). I tried everything I could short of re-installing the whole Windows 7.
I am using MC 18.0.136 (instability is present since at least 18.0.070), installed in an exclusive HTPC, connected to 2 WDTVs and 1  Arctic Audio Relay. I am remote controlling it with the jremote app for iphone. With MC 17 I did not experience these instability.  
I created a log file, but I did not find (in the program or in the Wiki) where to send it... could somebody help me?
Thanks a lot!

crisnee

• World Citizen
Re: Unstability - "Media Center 18 has stopped working..."
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 12:56:38 am »

See this http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78508.0 for possible similar issue(s) using MC18. I switched back to MC17 several days ago; no problems with it. 

ReTango

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 05:23:11 am »

Thanks! I'll try re-installing MC-17.. did you have any issues with the database?
To MC support:  I realized I can attach the log here, so attached it is. I also have another longer log (50mb file) here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3853844/JRiver%20Log%202013-02-28%2023-26-25.zip 
Thanks a lot for your help!

ReTango

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 05:43:22 am »

Sorry to report I just re-installed MC17, and after 2 mins, y went to "Settings", changed nothing, tried to close the window and the program stopped working again. Attached the logfile. Thinking of possible reasons, MC started crashing after adding Arctic Audio Relay to the system, might this be causing the crashes?
Thanks MC support!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 18 has stopped working...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:50:10 am »

Remove Arctic Audio Relay, jut to test.

You could also read the link called "Stability" in the wiki.  There is a chance that something like a disk drive is failing.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 04:51:14 pm »

Sorry to report I just re-installed MC17, and after 2 mins, y went to "Settings", changed nothing, tried to close the window and the program stopped working again. Attached the logfile. Thinking of possible reasons, MC started crashing after adding Arctic Audio Relay to the system, might this be causing the crashes?
Thanks MC support!
Did you reboot after installing MC17? I would try that first if you didn't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up