INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any chance to get a Slideshow (DLNA Push Mode) implemented in MC18?  (Read 9451 times)

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck

I've tried several combinations for my setup, but have run out of options.  I'd really like to push a slideshow from MC to my TV ( DMR mode); as previously noted, there is a problem with auto advance in Push mode and you have to manually advance the pictures from MC.

The TVs Pull mode experience is too limited when compared with the multitude of MC configuration options. 

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Any chance to get a Slideshow (DLNA Push Mode) implemented in MC18?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:37 pm »

Sometimes you have to tell the renderer to play the next song/Picture and not repeat the same song/Picture. Then when you start playing from MC the renderer will automatically ask for the next one to show.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 03:26:22 pm »

I would like this too.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:58:02 am »

Sometimes you have to tell the renderer to play the next song/Picture and not repeat the same song/Picture. Then when you start playing from MC the renderer will automatically ask for the next one to show.

And where would 'you' tell the renderer that? Or does 'you' refer to the Media Controller?

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:31:13 pm »

I posted the same problem.

Zitat von: bob am Februar 03, 2012, 03:52:42 pm

Looks like a slideshow function would need to be implemented on the controller (MC when you are pushing) end. Added to the wish list...

...It's still on the wish list ...
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 11:09:42 am »

I do not know if this is an Onkyo speciality, but when it plays a song which I have started from the receiver, I can press the Repeat button on my Onkyo remote. It has several modes, repeat same song, repeat folder, repeat everything and off. Then it will pull songs from MC as required.
And I have no issues playing all songs with the receiver in DMR mode either, as long as I set Repeat to the correct mode.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »

BernardS,

Yes, I found your previous posts while searching here and quoted you in the feature request thread.   I was hoping to get some traction around the feature. For me it would solve a problem that apparently NO other windows based s/w has solved, maybe with exception of WMP. WMP does so at the cost of rewriting and destroying my hard earned meta data, and there are too many other issues and caveats in WMP or me.

jlar310

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 10:05:07 am »

+1 on the feature request.

I tried to view pictures on my Panasonic Viera last night and the "push to DMR" method only showed the first image. The TV remote control was useless. I had to go the other way and browse the DLNA server using the TV menu. The more I can do with a couple mouse clicks instead of a long series of remote control commands, the better.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck

I keep checking in, hoping to get the visit from the feature fairy and see:

"1. NEW: Added a Push Slideshow Mode to fix Auto increment for Renderers!"

doulos

• World Citizen

"1. NEW: Added a Push Slideshow Mode to fix Auto increment for Renderers!"

If you habe an Android tablet, you might want to try my MediaSteersman app. It allows you to create image playlists and play them with a configurable delay.. not well tested yet, but someone's got to start..
MediaSteersman - Your Media at Your Fingertips

OliverKohl

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:04:27 am »

+1 for the feature request, its a must have  :D

Can someone confirm, that the same problem applies to mp3 playback, when sending i.e. a Album to the receiver (Technisat Digital ISIO S)
List appears on the device, only single song plays and "NEXT" has to be pressed to play the next song in list

Oliver

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 03:19:31 pm »

In the next generally available build:

Implement DLNA image slideshow when pushing an image playlist to a renderer. Follows slideshow logic that MC uses including the image duration in Options->Images->Slide Show Duration.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »

Can someone confirm, that the same problem applies to mp3 playback, when sending i.e. a Album to the receiver (Technisat Digital ISIO S)
List appears on the device, only single song plays and "NEXT" has to be pressed to play the next song in list

Oliver
No, Audio should progress to the next track.
First check the repeat control in the DLNA zone (to the right of the time slider, it should NOT be set to stop after every item).
Then, check your controller options (right-click on the zone and do DLNA controller options).
You may need to disable SetNext support and/or Transport event.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 09:18:24 pm »

Implement DLNA image slideshow when pushing an image playlist to a renderer. Follows slideshow logic that MC uses including the image duration in Options->Images->Slide Show Duration.

Bob,

OK, so I want to believe.   I create a playlist, do a 'send to' (my Panasonic Viera VT50 as a renderer) and cross my fingers...

So far I haven't gotten it to work with the VT-50.  What's different: when I try to send a playlist to the Panasonic, I will sometimes get the first image and see 'Waiting', instead of (in previous versions of 18.x) the time: 0:5 which would never move (slideshow is set for 5 second increments).

Something I am missing?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 09:18:33 pm »

Bob,

OK, so I want to believe.   I create a playlist, do a 'send to' (my Panasonic Viera VT50 as a renderer) and cross my fingers...

So far I haven't gotten it to work with the VT-50.  What's different: when I try to send a playlist to the Panasonic, I will sometimes get the first image and see 'Waiting', instead of (in previous versions of 18.x) the time: 0:5 which would never move (slideshow is set for 5 second increments).

Something I am missing?
It's going to depend on your renderer being in the PLAYING state while an image is being shown. All of the devices I tested did it that way. If your renderer is in the STOPPED state you are likely out of luck. You can easily find this out by loading the UPnP Tools for Developer and using the device spy to invoke the gettransportinfo call while an image is showing.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 06:53:52 pm »

Bob,

I played with this a little more. Specifically, the slideshow stops incrementing on the second image in the list.

I loaded UPNP tools, open up the device in AV Media Controller (the device is a Panasonic Viera VT-50 plasma) in the tool viewer.  Here is what happens:

1) Select a playlist (images) and select Send To (VT50) from JRiver
2) Current State (in uPNP tools)  goes: Stopped, Transitioning, Playing and first image shows
3) Current States goes: Stopped, Playing (just briefly), Transitioning  and the second image shows, but no more increments after that. Stays frozen on second image, and the state stays in transitioning (forever).

Note that order seems to switch on that second image load, going right from stopped to playing and then stops in transitioning.  So from what you are saying, J River is probably sitting waiting because of transitioning state (as opposed to playing). Not sure why the order switches.  If there is anything else I can provide by way of test or debug, please let me know.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 09:39:24 am »

That's good testing, thanks.
If you right click on the renderer zone in MC, look for the DLNA Controller options.
First try the "Disable SetNext support" and see if the behavior changes, then if that doesn't work, also try the "Disable Transport Events option"

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 10:40:57 am »

For me it works now. Thanks
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 07:11:18 pm »

First try the "Disable SetNext support" and see if the behavior changes, then if that doesn't work, also try the "Disable Transport Events option"

Bob,

Thanks for the suggestions. I had exhausted combinations of these options on the releases that didn't formally support the Push Slideshow, so it didn't occur to me to go back and try them.

So I tried "Disable SetNext Support", no apparent effect.  I tried "Ignore Transport Events" and bang, the slideshow auto-increments!  I unselected the first option "Disable SetNext Support", and the slideshow still works. So it looks like Ignore Transport Events coupled with your new feature was the ticket.

Then, I saw this in the 18.189 Release Notes:

Fixed: DLNA slideshow push. The transition from first to second image in a playlist of images was not happening on the timer properly. This change may also make it more likely to work on devices that were having trouble with the slideshow mode.

Since my setup seemed to exhibit this behavior, I installed 18.189, and disabled "Ignore Transport Events".  Now the slideshow didn't work. It froze on the first image at 'transitioning' and was done.  (In the prior 18.188 build, I got to the second image (although to me it seemed like the first image transition was short).

So, with 18.189, I tried the options again, and found "Ignore Transport Events" makes it work. Yeah!

And so having made it that far, my next question. How (what settings, if any) can  control the scaling of the picture images in Push Slideshow as they are sent to the renderer?    From my testing, it doesn't seem like I can get any change or scale effect to take.  I'd like to be able to control the fill of my 1080p TV renderer (as it is plasma), and be able to stretch or even altenratively offset smaller images left or right (wishful thinking) so that I'm generally exercising the entire display area.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 10:13:29 am »

Thanks for that report, that's extremely interesting info about the Transport Events, we'll check into that more.

There is only one control of the way the image is presented in MC and that is the size selected in the associated DLNA servers image options.
Options->Media Network->Add or Configure DLNA servers ... ->[server name]->Images->Mode

Note that your TV may also have some image options in it's setup.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 06:23:25 pm »

There is only one control of the way the image is presented in MC and that is the size selected in the associated DLNA servers image options.
Options->Media Network->Add or Configure DLNA servers ... ->[server name]->Images->Mode

Bob,

OK, so I have played with that option quite a bit but do not see any effect.

I have a specific dlna server profile setup for slideshow.  I have my renderer associated with that server profile.    But I see no difference in the image displayed on the TV  between the settings of  Images->Mode: None and Images->Mode:JPEG 1080 TV.

The images themselves are a variety of resolutions, but always appear with  sidebars, so no obvious scaling is being done that I can see.  As for the TV itself, it doesn't appear to offer/allow control of aspect ratio/scaling in renderer mode. I had originally assumed that as a renderer, the TV was acting as more of a dumb terminal, accepting the push and not modifying it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 11:49:36 am »

John,
You can see what MC is presenting to the device if you look at the Media Network status screen and find the URL for the picture being displayed, stick that URL into a browser and you'll get the same picture. It should be scaled as you selected. Note that if you have configured more than one DLNA server you should specify the specific server in the right click zone options for the renderer.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

Bob,

I do have my DLNA server selected for the renderer, I can see it checked when I right click on the renderer. 

Dumb Question: Where is the 'media network status screen'?  Can't find it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 07:58:52 pm »

Bob,

I do have my DLNA server selected for the renderer, I can see it checked when I right click on the renderer. 

Dumb Question: Where is the 'media network status screen'?  Can't find it.
Hi John,
It's the scrolling status screen you get when you select Media Network in the tree on the left (Services and Plugins->Media Network). You can pick the specific DLNA server to see only the status for that as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up