INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clean install alpha to alpha driver?  (Read 1530 times)

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
clean install alpha to alpha driver?
« on: March 02, 2013, 09:01:57 am »

Hi, I  didn't know where else to ask this...

What constitutes good practice for installing alpha over alpha build? Is there something special we should be doing to get a "clean" install of MC after installing a previous build?

I found that SACD ISO import worked for me, for instance, on a new computer and build 142, but I can't get it to work for my "overlaid" 142 build on my original Mac.

So what's right? I know what I'd do on Windows, but on the Mac it's a bit opaque to me (friendlier, sure... I don't want to go registry hunting, or even open up terminal... but if I should, then I will :))

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: clean install alpha to alpha driver?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:27 am »

Just install over the old build.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:17:42 am »

I think the SACD issue is special.  The files probably got imported as data (ISO can be a data file), so then subsequent imports didn't change them to audio.

You might have to remove the ISO files from the library, then reimport.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 09:38:39 am »

I think the SACD issue is special.  The files probably got imported as data (ISO can be a data file), so then subsequent imports didn't change them to audio.

You might have to remove the ISO files from the library, then reimport.

Thanks, and thanks to Jim too for the install advice. Installing over the previous build is what I've been doing :)

@ Matt--when you say "remove it from the library" then reimport, do you mean "remove it from the watched folder that makes up my library"? Because it's not "in" the library that I can see...

Would it be worth "deleting" the library and doing a clean reimport of everything? It's only (lol) 3K files... not very many compared to some :)

If so--what's the best way to do that?

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 08:20:50 am »

If it's not too much hassle, clearing the library and re-importing would probably take care of the SACD issue.  What happens when you try to just re-import the one file?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:22:18 am »

If it's not too much hassle, clearing the library and re-importing would probably take care of the SACD issue.  What happens when you try to just re-import the one file?

Hi John, when I try to re-import the one file it does not work. I'll try clearing the library and re-importing. Thanks!

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 06:40:56 pm »

Just to say I cleared the library and re-imported it, and that did the trick (with 143)! Now SACD ISO files play perfectly well!

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up