INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rename files by tags mislabel of "...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead"  (Read 1219 times)

Berwhale

• Recent member

Hi,

I'm trying out JRiver. I've had issues with other mediacentres before. Currently I use MediaMonkey and Foobar2000 - of these two the former does not have this problem, while foobar2000 and JRiver are better at gapless playback and getting individual tracks from album FLAC and CUE sheet.

However, MediaMonkey when importing bands such as "...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead" and moves them to filestructure eg. D:\Music\...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead\[Album]\[Track#] - ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - [Track Title].format - this is how I want it done - [Album Artist]\[Album]\[Track#] - [Artist] - [Track Title].format

Now foobar2000 and JRiver does not include/recognise the "..." at the beginning of the artist/album artist "...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead". I would like it to.

I know this is not a major problem, but one media player can do it, so therefore it should be possible for all. And it is how I would like it.

Can this be done in JRiver? It will make a difference to whether I end up buying this player.

Cheers

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Let me suggest this is a good thing.

Other operating systems and software by standard use filenames with a leading dot as private or hidden files - these are typically configuration files and directories.  If MC were to import files with a leading dot, then all sorts of unintended and temporary data files will be imported into MC.  This would be a bad thing.

My advice - remove the leaded dots for files you want imported in MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Berwhale

• Recent member

Yes that is a good point but I've never had a problem before.

Even with the dots in the Tags, JRiver removes them when writing directory and filenames. I would prefer it write directories as close as possible to the actual tags - of course with the exception of ":" "\" etc. in the tags - replacing them with user/software designated windows acceptable characters ie "-" instead of ":" and so on. I know Linux uses a single dot at start of directories to indicate hidden. I use a dual-boot Win7/Linux computer and I haven't had an issue with the "...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead".

Please humour me - is there a way of actually doing what I ask?

Cheers

• Citizen of the Universe

Perhaps use an ellipsis rather than periods?

Berwhale

• Recent member

Thanks for that... I think that'll work a treat.

Cheers

sla

• Junior Woodchuck

Well, just keep the file names as "And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead" and in the JRiver rename the Artist Tag to "...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead"

As other people say it is not a good idea to have files starting with .
JRiver on Silent/Fanless STREACOM FC5 EVO -> DSD through Firewire on Mytek 192 DSD -> CODA 05r pre/CODA 10.5 amp -> Sonics Amerigo Speakers
Pages: [1]   Go Up