INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.164 Alpha -- Available Here  (Read 4392 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is an alpha release of Media Center for Mac.  If you aren't comfortable with a few problems, please wait a few days.

Please read this before downloading.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180164.dmg

18.0.164 (4/5/2013)

1. Fixed: The dialog for customizing DLNA views was not working nicely.
2. NEW: The Add Library dialog now supports loading remote Library Server libraries.
3. Fixed: This build should fix a lot of seemingly random crashes caused by a bug in our event handling code.

Code: [Select]
18.0.163 (4/4/2013)

1. NEW: Auto-import watched folders are now working.

18.0.162 (4/3/2013)

1. Fixed: The program could crash after showing the summary at the end of an auto-import.
2. Changed: Revised buffer management for multi-channel devices that use an array of mono buffers (may solve click issues on these devices).
3. Fixed: Library tree browsing was not working properly with file location categories.

18.0.161 (4/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Tab, shift-Tab, F2, and up/down arrows work for navigating the list while doing tag editing.
2. Fixed: When a tooltip was covering a list item, the item could not be played or modified using the mouse.
3. Fixed: Library views that browse by file path were not working.

18.0.156 (3/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Memory leak with regard to auto-released system objects.
2. Fixed: Memory leak with cleanup of background threads.
3. Fixed: DSP Studio > Room Correction > Channel buttons were not working to switch channels.
4. Fixed: Sub-menu flyouts not hiding after moving to other menu items.
5. Fixed: Newly created smartlists could have a '/' in the name rather than going to the right playlist folder.
6. Faster: Improved user interface drawing efficiency and performance.

18.0.155 (3/22/2013)

1. Changed: Improved messaging when attempting to tag read-only files.
2. Fixed: The File > Open File... dialog was not allowing selection of files.
3. Faster: Improved the core threading engine so that background threads are much less resource intensive.
4. Fixed: Memory playback could work harder than necessary in some cases.

18.0.154 (3/21/2013)

1. Changed: The program now requires a license (after a 30 day free trial).
2. Fixed: Tagging of some formats was not working when the files were on a different volume than the system.

18.0.151 (3/15/2013)

1. Fixed: Lots of crashing from version 18.0.150
2. NEW: DLNA working as a server, controller and renderer. Note, you'll likely have to reset your settings if you didn't already in build 18.0.150, there are bad uuids in there. The easiest way to do this is to rename or remove the "~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 18/Settings" either from a terminal window or the finder after unhiding the ~/Library directory.
3. NEW: WebRemote applications working (Gizmo, JRemote, MyRiver, etc)

18.0.150 (3/14/2013)

1. NEW: Added Convolution DSP (same 64-bit SSE3 accelerated engine used on Windows).
2. NEW: Media Network (DLNA, Library Server, JRemote, etc.) available in options (still a work in progress).
3. NEW: MP3 encoding added.
4. NEW: Added configurable 'Channel offset' to Options > Audio > Output mode settings to allow targeting channels starting at something other than 1 (useful with pro / studio devices).
5. NEW: Drag-n-drop mostly working (within program, out of program, but not yet into program).
6. NEW: Added support for DSD bitstreaming using DoP.
7. Changed: Switched the timeout to April 16.
8. NEW: Wake On Lan implemented on Mac.

18.0.146 (3/8/2013)

1. Changed: Added support for more audio hardware (Lynx Hilo, RME Fireface UC, etc.).
2. Changed: Double-click, escape, etc. work on the playback display to exit Display View.
3. Fixed: Using some tools like Analyze Audio and Get Cover Art could prevent the program from closing even if they were no longer running.

18.0.143 (3/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Removed printing options from menu as they are not available yet on Mac and could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Changed text and link on "Help -> Registration Info" pop-up to reflect timeout and no license needed.
3. Fixed: Using cmd-Q to exit the program would result in a crash.
4. Fixed: Program text was garbled in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean translations.

18.0.142 (2/28/2013)

1. Fixed: SACD ISO files were not importing.
2. Fixed: Several cover art issues.
3. NEW: Internet POST requests work (makes Last.fm, etc.).
4. Fixed: If a background thread showed a message box, it would lead to a hang.
5. NEW: File move, rename, copy dialog functional. Not recommended for large scale or critical file operations until more testing is done.
6. Fixed: Problems with support of 32 bit only OSX systems, e.g. playback of MP3 files.

18.0.141 (2/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Sound devices that requested planar instead of interleaved data were not working.
2. Fixed: Cover art next to audio files was not loading properly.

18.0.140 (2/25/2013)

1. Fixed: The program would not run on systems without SSE 4.1 support.
2. Changed: Retooled SSE assembly everywhere in the program so that SSSE 3 is the low-water mark for SSE acceleration (previously SSE 4.1 was required in most places to get acceleration).
3. Fixed: Thread priorities were not implemented fully on Mac.

18.0.139 (2/22/2013)

1. Fixed: Wrong options file was being used in the 138 build resulting in frequent crashes.

18.0.138 (2/22/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for Core Audio exclusive output in Options > Audio > Output mode settings (enabled by default).
2. Fixed: Memory playback was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Plugins were not working because working path was not being set, this caused playback to fail.

18.0.137 (2/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio format converter working.
2. Changed: Register dynamic libs on first run after install rather than every startup.
3. Changed: Auto-update partially works. It will show whether version is up to date and download new version. Need to manually install.
4. Fixed: Show/Set update download directory not working.
5. Fixed: Search in options dialog not working.
6. Fixed: Encoder properties dialog in options not working.
7. Fixed: Clicking away from in-place editing box doesn't cancel edit mode.
8. Fixed: Mouse wheel support.
9. Changed: Close,Minimize,Maximize buttons moved to left side of frame.
10. Fixed: Lots of UI windowing issues (z-order,  white windows, black windows, floating windows,  etc.) should be fixed.
11. Fixed: Files with really long path names weren't importing.

18.0.136 (2/20/2013)

1. Fixed: Library backup / restore works, although restoring a library from the Windows version is not fully working yet.
2. Fixed: Internal volume working.
3. Fixed: Player window displaying wrong playback time.
4. Fixed: Some of the window z-order issues.
5. Changed: Somewhat friendlier message about lack of web browser support.
6. Changed: New and improved installer graphic.

18.0.133 (2/15/2013)

1. NEW: First release of Media Center on Mac.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

erviv

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.164 Alpha -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:11:03 pm »

Why am I now getting a message that this version 164 will time out on 16 Apr 2013? ?  I installed the license key three builds ago, and have not seen this message since.  I reloaded the license but still get the same message.  Seems to be a new bug.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:55:27 pm »

Why am I now getting a message that this version 164 will time out on 16 Apr 2013? ?  I installed the license key three builds ago, and have not seen this message since.  I reloaded the license but still get the same message.  Seems to be a new bug.

Early builds will have a timeout, so people don't continue to use builds with bugs that have been fixed.

The next build will move the timeout ahead, so it's around 30 days out.

In a few months, we'll remove the timeouts.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 12:12:19 am »

I am getting errors whenever I try to load a remote library, either with the network key or directly via the IP Address.  Should I provide information here or in a separate thread?

I can see the library, but I cannot load it.

I can see the network activity taking place on the server.  Btw, does the mac client work as the library server or can it only work with a PC server.

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 04:16:22 am »

@kiwi
I'd start a new thread coz I'd be interested in what you have found.

I've tried loading remote libraries from another mac running MC and connecting MC to Minim Server (DLNA server) running minim server on another mac just to see what happened and it fell over too. Just put it down to not working yet.  Also tried syncing libraries, with the same lack of success.

Paul
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

taz_er88

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 09:19:41 am »

Clicking on menu Overview in left pane, and then back on Audio generates some strange "ghost" windows as shown in the attached capture.

Good progress since the earliest version, good job!

Etienne

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »

DLNA setup working much better now, Thanks.

However, when used in this mode it is not displaying Track#, Sample Rate, Bitrate etc. Looking at the tags (whilst still in this mode) all of these fields are empty, but click on Audio and drill down to the same track or switch to local Player and the same track tags all shown fully filled – these fields then also show correctly filled in main window and top window.

Strangely, although this info is not seen in MC the renderer is correctly showing the sample rate and file type.

Whenever the screen goes off (dims and then black) and is then restored, the ‘Status Line’ in the top window is replaced with ‘Volume N/A’ – the ‘Title Line’ is correct. This can also happen at various times suddenly without any reason that I can determine without the screen going off. Once this occurs it may or may not correct itself but only after a long period of time or a program restart. This is occurring for me in both local and DNLA playback.

This build seems a good step forward generally – excellent.

Peter

pkoss

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 03:44:52 pm »

Controls in left frame ("Playing Now, Audio, Podcasts, etc." still lock up in this version after a while.  Fix is to quit and restart.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »

Controls in left frame ("Playing Now, Audio, Podcasts, etc." still lock up in this version after a while.  Fix is to quit and restart.

This is true for the panes and the list (grid), too.

Philthy

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »

Before MC starts, a popup window now shows when it will expire.

This is bad for those of us who run MC as a headless server. My machine is set to reboot every so often, and I have MC open up upon reboot.

However, I can't access MC until I remote back into the machine to click that annoying window away. Please remove it.

vinchanity

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 11:46:19 pm »

I purchased the MAC version earlier and accidentally tried to install a license key when I later read that the early versions would need it. However, I got the email about the restored license. Yesterday I installed the Alpha version and installed the license key via original registration code. I got another email saying that the restored license was once again -1. I am worried that if the early versions keep requiring a restore of license and it keeps decrementing the count, then I will run out of restores when I actually need it....I plan to upgrade to Lion soon because I am running Snow Leopard and I saw the email about some issues with SnowLeopard.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 12:43:54 am »

An interesting twist to this.

If I click on a down arrow (in the left frame, like 'Audio") right after launching, the screen stays up and MC functions properly.
As long as I can click on an arrow anywhere in the left frame the screen stays up.  But as soon as I click any where else in the selectable area assigned to a function ("Albums" or "Artists" etc.) the window will disappear.  Then clicking out of the program and then Cmd+Tab back in and the window comes back.

2nd thing
I can play 1 album then I must quit the program to play another album.  I can clear the player of the (just) played album, but I can't load another album.

3rd thing
Also if I minimize MC to the dock and then later bring it back up, the window will usually display 'artifacts' and most of the control functions won't respond.  I can exit the program via the file menu but not via the "Media Center 18" pull down menu at the top of the screen (apple menu).

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

ellen

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 05:34:28 am »

2 problems found after installing latest version 18.0.164

1. don't know an error prompts, "Failed to create CD manager control" occur after running 18.0.164.
2. although DNLA function is improved due to my av amp and TV can be found on automaticallly, however, my PS PerfectWave DAC  (Bridge Card) is unable to found after running 18.0.164.

for point number 2, is there any solution to found out PS PerfectWave DAC  (Bridge Card) or manual setting to set PS PerfectWave DAC  (Bridge Card) back to player???

finally, one request would like to propose about the language support. is it possible to show the japanese or chinese characters in english environment? cause right now, when i play all my jap or chin. audio, i need to change to language, the menu also will changed. i feel that it' no need to change the menu from English even i change the language. the point just want to audio file name support 2-bite language.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 06:13:06 am »

I purchased the MAC version earlier and accidentally tried to install a license key when I later read that the early versions would need it. However, I got the email about the restored license. Yesterday I installed the Alpha version and installed the license key via original registration code. I got another email saying that the restored license was once again -1. I am worried that if the early versions keep requiring a restore of license and it keeps decrementing the count, then I will run out of restores when I actually need it....I plan to upgrade to Lion soon because I am running Snow Leopard and I saw the email about some issues with SnowLeopard.
If you run out, post here.  We can fix that.  Use your 30 day trial period before you do a restore.  It will extend your licenses.

scottlf

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 10:59:28 am »

It appears that the drag-copy function (whereas you could drag a track out of the MC window and into a Finder window and a copy of the file would be made) isn't working in this release, although it did in recent alphas.

I've also noted that the tendency to stop responding to left-clicks remains as it was -- i.e., not working after a while, and only responsive to right-clicks. Sometimes the situation corrects itself; other times it doesn't.

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 12:56:58 pm »

I also got into a problem with registration and ended up using three of my restores...... granted I have 7 left but if, for some reason, I run out it would be good to know that MC will add additional restores. 

Victor

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 12:58:24 pm »

The same issue with Black on Black skin remains..... I get a warning that it is only compatible with Windows Aero - however it does work just fine. 

Victor

jlyness

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 01:26:33 pm »

.164 crashes when I try to add music stored on a WebDAV networked drive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up