INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomeRun Prime  (Read 52299 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HDHomeRun Prime
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2013, 09:58:17 am »

If you would be willing to provide logs to Yaobing, we might be able to het the Prime working for you.

aiwntrmute

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 01:36:45 am »

When i try watching a channel, it sits there with black screen and after about 10-20 seconds it times with 'No Signal' message.

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:02 am »

Thanks for the log.  Unfortunately it shows that no data is streamed from the device.  Puzzling.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

aiwntrmute

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2013, 08:58:20 am »

i have latest hdhomerun prime drivers.  hdhomerun's quicktv works and so does nextpvr.

aiwntrmute

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 11:04:36 am »

To add, my firewall service is off and WMC also works.  I have tried JRiver on 3 computers with same results.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 11:38:04 am »

Thanks for testing.  There is indeed a problem.  I have not figure out what's causing it.

RHMMMM

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2013, 06:04:03 pm »

I'd like to get one of these units, but I'm not quite understanding this thread. 

Does the Prime not work at all in MC18?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »

that is correct.  Right now it shows up as a device, but will not stream video.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 06:17:30 pm »

Yaobing will get it eventually.  It's impossible to know how soon, but he always succeeds.

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 07:42:08 pm »

I also have an issue with MC18 build 189 using HDHomeRun Prime.  The three tuners show up under DLNA and I'm able to load channels, program guide, etc. under Devices --> Television for this device.  This is a lot more than I was getting under previous builds.  However, when I select a channel and hit WATCH, MC18 crashes every time.  It brings up a black display with a message to move the courser to the border for menu, but then it crashes without doing anything.  I'm able to use WMC without any issues.

RHMMMM

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:20 pm »

OK, I got a Prime.  I toyed around with WMC and gave up.  Seems there aren't many good options out for this type of thing.  WMC is not configurable enough.  Other options are too cludgy and too customizable.  I just don't have that kind of time.

I'm already invested in JRiver.  What do you need to make this work?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2013, 08:08:02 pm »

The support folks at SiliconDust told me that the most common problem that prevents an application from receiving video stream is firewall.  You need to make sure you give Media Center full network access in your firewall settings, including both in-bound and out-bound access.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

Mine is shut down.  So it's not that.

aiwntrmute

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2013, 08:25:48 pm »

As I have mentioned this, I also have my firewall disabled.  The symptoms are repeatable on several computers.  If there was any connectivity issue then other software would not work either.  Nextpvr works, wmc and mediaportal (although just with air and not through cablecard).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2013, 08:27:42 pm »

From SiliconDust:
If the issue persists, please enable the sending of diagnostic data on the Advanced tab in HDHomeRun Setup, power cycle the HDHomeRun PRIME, reproduce the issue, and reply back with the device ID for the HDHomeRun, the channel number you tried to watch, and the time you tried to watch it, and we will check the device logs.

It is a little bit of a round-about way since I am talking to the SiliconDust support, but I am not using the device directly.  Please check "Send diagnostic information to SiliconDust support", and power cycle the HDHomeRun PRIME as instructed above.  Then run Media Center and try to play a channel.  Afterwards forward me the device ID and the channel number and the time you tried to play it etc. so I can forward them to SiliconDust.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2013, 08:29:54 pm »

As I have mentioned this, I also have my firewall disabled.  The symptoms are repeatable on several computers.  If there was any connectivity issue then other software would not work either.  Nextpvr works, wmc and mediaportal (although just with air and not through cablecard).

I understand what you are trying to say.  However, it could be that other applications do get network access while Media Center does not.

aiwntrmute

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »

the firewall service is off

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2013, 03:50:54 pm »

Can one of you guys help me with debugging this?

From SiliconDust:
If the issue persists, please enable the sending of diagnostic data on the Advanced tab in HDHomeRun Setup, power cycle the HDHomeRun PRIME, reproduce the issue, and reply back with the device ID for the HDHomeRun, the channel number you tried to watch, and the time you tried to watch it, and we will check the device logs.

It is a little bit of a round-about way since I am talking to the SiliconDust support, but I am not using the device directly.  Please check "Send diagnostic information to SiliconDust support", and power cycle the HDHomeRun PRIME as instructed above.  Then run Media Center and try to play a channel.  Afterwards forward me the device ID and the channel number and the time you tried to play it etc. so I can forward them to SiliconDust.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:21 am »

Device ID: 13173CA6-x
Time: 8:11 AM PST
Channel: 1004

I'm unsure which of the 3 tuners were used, but they all start with what is listed above, which should be adequate...the -x would be -0, -1, or -2.  Most likely it was -0.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2013, 11:01:58 am »

Device ID: 13173CA6-x
Time: 8:11 AM PST
Channel: 1004

I'm unsure which of the 3 tuners were used, but they all start with what is listed above, which should be adequate...the -x would be -0, -1, or -2.  Most likely it was -0.

Thanks.  I assume it was done yesterday (June 5, 2013).

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2013, 12:08:25 pm »

that is correct...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 05:20:32 pm »

that is correct...

Would you be able to capture another MC log file for me?  Thanks a bunch.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 05:21:07 pm »

sure...I'll try to get it when I get home from work tonight.

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2013, 01:55:44 am »

I also have an issue with MC18 build 189 using HDHomeRun Prime.  The three tuners show up under DLNA and I'm able to load channels, program guide, etc. under Devices --> Television for this device.  This is a lot more than I was getting under previous builds.  However, when I select a channel and hit WATCH, MC18 crashes every time.  It brings up a black display with a message to move the courser to the border for menu, but then it crashes without doing anything.  I'm able to use WMC without any issues.

Updated HDHomeRun Prime on Win 7 with latest s/w which also updated firmware on device.  Updated MC18 with latest build 18.0.194.  It's no longer crashing, but indicates "No Signal" when trying to Watch.  Works fine with WMC and QuickTV.  Three tuners show up as IDLE.  F/W is open.  :(

=== Television Devices ===

Device 0: HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13163C48-0 (OpenCable)
State: Idle

Device 1: HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13163C48-1 (OpenCable)

Device 2: HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 13163C48-2 (OpenCable)

=== Actions ===

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2013, 11:47:54 am »

just sent log to alternate email you provided a while ago.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2013, 09:35:13 am »

has there been any progress on this?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2013, 11:53:48 am »

Yes.  A new version will come out in a few days.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2013, 11:59:33 am »

sweet!  Looking forward to testing!

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 10:52:18 am »

Yes.  A new version will come out in a few days.

Great!  Looking forward to a solution finally!!!    ;D

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2013, 12:45:54 pm »

Today's release 18.0.206 includes support for the HDHomeRun Prime

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 05:16:49 pm »

seems to work!  I get some weird things sometimes when I hit the back button instead of hitting stop...almost like the time shift doesn't reset, and then when you tune another channel, the image is frozen unless you forward the timeline to live.  audio seems ok though...

CountryBumkin

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

seems to work!  I get some weird things sometimes when I hit the back button instead of hitting stop...almost like the time shift doesn't reset, and then when you tune another channel, the image is frozen unless you forward the timeline to live.  audio seems ok though...

This is not a HDHomeRun Prime 'only" bug - it is a "Live TV switching" bug. My 2250 does this too when it uses MadVR to play back Live TV. If I switch to RO-STD I don't get the freezes. So you should try that too for now. To be fair it may be MadVR, not MC. I just read that the next version of MadVR (should be in MC .207) has fixed the display switching problem (assuming that is the issue). Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to test this for myself.

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2013, 09:15:52 pm »

Today's release 18.0.206 includes support for the HDHomeRun Prime

It works....sort of.  I find that the drop-down menu focus does not last for more than a second or two.  As I try to navigate down to right sub-menu options, the menu disappears.  Nearly impossible to change anything.  MC also crashes when I stop playing a show.  

It's a good start, but there are some stability issues for sure.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:45 am »

It works....sort of.  I find that the drop-down menu focus does not last for more than a second or two.  As I try to navigate down to right sub-menu options, the menu disappears.  Nearly impossible to change anything.  
Anyone else seeing this?  I wonder if this is common for all Prime users.  As soon as the tuners are loaded, they seem to periodically steal focus from MC.

MC also crashes when I stop playing a show.  
Are you using Red October HQ or Std?  Does it make any difference if you switch to the other?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 08:20:27 am »

Anyone else seeing this?  I wonder if this is common for all Prime users.  As soon as the tuners are loaded, they seem to periodically steal focus from MC.
Are you using Red October HQ or Std?  Does it make any difference if you switch to the other?
I am also seeing this... very frustrating.

InsaneRC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52:27 am »

Same here. Almost impossible to select anything.
Licensed User:
JRiver Media Center 12-->27

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24:20 pm »

It works....sort of.  I find that the drop-down menu focus does not last for more than a second or two.  As I try to navigate down to right sub-menu options, the menu disappears.  Nearly impossible to change anything.  MC also crashes when I stop playing a show. 

It's a good start, but there are some stability issues for sure.

These issues are unique to HD Primes. I complained about the difficulty selecting menu objects in one of the main build threads. I can't recall whether it occurs in standard mode. I was never able to select madVR in either FSE or windowed mode. I basically use the taskbar gadget. I have just worked around it. With madVR running there are strange things that happen. I know it's not supported but I am able to run with hardware acceleration with madVR without the crash on exit.

I need to make a correction. These issues are NOT unique to HD Primes. The Ceton will do the same thing when using RO HQ.. You can run madVR and LAV in custom mode and the misbehavior on exit will not occur. The closing of the drop down menus is an intermittent thing with 205 but has been around for a couple of revs.

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »

Anyone else seeing this?  I wonder if this is common for all Prime users.  As soon as the tuners are loaded, they seem to periodically steal focus from MC.
Are you using Red October HQ or Std?  Does it make any difference if you switch to the other?

I'm using Red October HQ.  I have Hardware Acceleration and VideoClock options checked too.  I have zero problems with playback from any other video (iso, bdmv, mkv, mp4, mov, m2ts, ts), many of which are large 40+ GB.  Only ending playback from HDHomeRun Prime TV causes MC crashes.

I'll try switching to STD to see if it eliminates the crashing.  Sounds like the menu focus thing is a known issue and separate from the crashing.

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2013, 11:34:52 pm »

I'll try switching to STD to see if it eliminates the crashing.

I switched to Red October Standard and the crashing seems to have stopped.  Not sure what I'm sacrificing, but guess I'll leave it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2013, 07:38:17 am »

If you do not know what you are missing, you will not miss it.  ;D

Seriously though, thanks for narrowing it down.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2013, 12:56:16 pm »

Fixed: MC could crash when it stops playing a CableCARD tuner, especially in Red October HQ.

The fix will appear in an upcoming new build.  I found two bugs that could lead to crashes, one specifically involves madVR, the other is not.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »

what about the focus issue where we can't change settings?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

what about the focus issue where we can't change settings?

About that I am still in the dark.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27:49 pm »

SiliconDust just released a beta version of their software that contains important bug fixes.  You are encouraged to upgrade.

Release 20130708beta1

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2013, 10:51:33 am »

just be careful if you upgrade, if there are problems, it is impossible to downgrade.

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2013, 11:09:14 am »

About that I am still in the dark.

This focus issue when using the right mouse options in any menu is not isolated to HDHomeRun viewing.  I found that it's been introduced with MC .206 upgrade from .193 and needs to be looks at.

Specifically, if you right button click any menu in MC, the menu disappears within 3 seconds which is definitely not enough time to make any selections or changes.  It makes MC very difficult to use now.  Try pasting some cover art which is a few level down and you won't be able too.  Something broke with this upgrade and I'd like to roll it back until it's fixed.

I can't believe that this isn't seen by more folks and picked up in testing before release, but it's definitely a bug which is obviously seen now by those of us in this thread that have upgraded to .206 for the HDHomeRun fix.

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2013, 11:50:40 am »

I reported this issue in the MC18 .206 thread and others have seen it as well.  I downgraded to .193 and the right context menu focus problem disappeared.  I'll forego HDHomeRun support benefits of .206 until a new release comes out the fixes this focus bug.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2013, 05:01:09 pm »

Are the guys over at SiliconDust in the loop over this one? When I've looked, I haven't seen much action on the SD forum. I think I found 1 or 2 posts related to MC.

I had some problems with the HDHR3-DT recently. I turned on the diagnostic switch for the unit and raised a trouble ticket.

It was a simple problem in the end and was solved quickly (thanks to Yaobing and the guys over at SD) but it retaught me the old lesson that the software has to integrate with the hardware. In my case, the hardware was the issue..   ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »

Are the guys over at SiliconDust in the loop over this one? When I've looked, I haven't seen much action on the SD forum. I think I found 1 or 2 posts related to MC.

I had some problems with the HDHR3-DT recently. I turned on the diagnostic switch for the unit and raised a trouble ticket.

It was a simple problem in the end and was solved quickly (thanks to Yaobing and the guys over at SD) but it retaught me the old lesson that the software has to integrate with the hardware. In my case, the hardware was the issue..   ;)

The focusing issue is not just related to HDHomerun Prime.  It is related to all CableCARD devices.  I have identified the problem and fixed it. 

InsaneRC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2013, 06:39:34 pm »

The focusing issue is not just related to HDHomerun Prime.  It is related to all CableCARD devices.  I have identified the problem and fixed it. 

Awesome a big Thank You  :)
Licensed User:
JRiver Media Center 12-->27
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up