INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing gapless SetNextAVTransportURI for playlist changes - LUMIN  (Read 8632 times)

wklie

Hi,

Background:
I'm the Firmware Lead for LUMIN Network Music Player http://www.luminmusic.com/
I have recently added JRiver gapless support to our firmware 2.03 in response to a customer request, so we support both the default Linn OpenHome playlist-style gapless as well as SetNextAVTransportURI style gapless (for lossless formats only).

Problem:
With MC18.0.158, when starting a new playlist without stopping or finishing the previous one, SetNextAVTransportURI is not received by LUMIN.  Since LUMIN retains the previous NextAVTransportURI state, after the first song of the new playlist is played, a wrong song from the old playlist is played.  (This problem does not happen if the old playlist is stopped first.)

Steps to reproduce:
- Select a gapless renderer
- Drag four songs from Windows Explorer to MC and choose Play
- Wait for a few seconds, by this time the first song is playing (and SetNextAVTransportURI is sent to the renderer)
- While still playing, drag a different set of four songs from Windows Explorer to MC and choose Play
- After the first song of the new playlist is finished, either:
1. If the renderer retains the NextAVTransportURI, a wrong song from the old playlist is played
2. If the renderer automatically clears the NextAVTransportURI when processing SetAVTransportURI, a gap is produced then MC plays the second song, and perform SetNextAVTransportURI for the third song.

Please advise.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing gapless SetNextAVTransportURI for playlist changes - LUMIN
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »

Hi, nice to see you here!

Our current implementation of SetNextAVTransportURI doesn't handle dynamic playlist changes.
This is likely to be corrected soon. We'll post back to this thread when this happens.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 09:23:26 am »

I believe there is a change in 171 that Bob made for this.  You can find it here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80061.0

wklie

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 09:45:44 pm »

18.0.171 fixed the problem.  Thanks for quick response and fix!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up