INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 101893 times)

Sheugel

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »

Spotify integration is just one step away through Spotify for Jamcast:https://www.sdstechnologies.com/Forum/yaf_postst772_Spotify-plugin-with-JRiver.aspx
All it requires is a second way for JRiver to Interact with a DLNA server where the server exposes its folders and the client just shows them without importing things in its specific structure. Or maybe the way WMP does it where the Spotify playlists appear under...playlists.
Thanks

drewgarth

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2013, 03:48:05 pm »

Unless i have missed it somewhere, but i would love to be able to stream live tv either via DLNA or using Gizmo (with access to the TV guide)
:)

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

I'd like to be able to rename channels from the standard L,R, SL, SR, etc. It would also be nice to have more channels available in the PEQ (10 right now unless I'm missing something).

+1 for the ability to rename channels.  (I believe all enabled channels are already available in PEQ)

Another request....add "Q" to the PEQ lines that currently list filter frequency and level.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2013, 04:38:24 pm »

+1 The blurb for the new version said it would look prettier.  So I assume this means some, one or any of the countless theatreview suggestions from v18 will be considered?

+1 to any of the many requests for gizmo improvement that were put forward in the last cycle.

+1 to any of the carnac/scraping improvements put forward in the last cycle.  For me carnac (althugh quite amazing) only has a 70% success rate.

Looking forward to the new version.

Craig

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:54 pm »

Unless i have missed it somewhere, but i would love to be able to stream live tv either via DLNA or using Gizmo (with access to the TV guide)
:)
Try a search.  You'll find some threads on how to do LiveTV over the network.

Fabith

• Recent member
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »

1. Grooveshark Integration

2. More Subtitles options (Color, Effects...)

3. More options for Surround Sound on Headphones and Stereo Speakers

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 08:07:30 pm »

Another request....add "Q" to the PEQ lines that currently list filter frequency and level.
YES!

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »

I'd like to see a separate default path for each library and category.  Example: Main Library path for Music is C:MP3s while the path for Network Library music is P:MP3's/Music.  Same with video, podcast, streaming etc.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2013, 09:53:46 pm »

GIZMO

1) Gizmo should play local files - make it into a real player that can play from the Android phone's own card. You could OWN this market AND bring in a ton of new customers for your main software! Many would pay extra for this.

2) Gizmo should have more power - Gizmo should be allowed to delete, tag, and add files to play/smart lists. I want to be away from my computer and use Gizmo on my phone as a way to edit my music collection. At least be able to put a crappy song into a "probably delete later" playlist!

==========
IMPORTING AND TAGGING

1) "Include this folder but NOT child folders" - There should be an option to "Include this folder but NOT child folders". It would make setting up auto-importing easier. Tools -> Import -> Configure auto import -> Folders -> Edit

2) Custom "Clean File Properties" - Under "Clean File Properties", add a user customizable category that allows things like 'UFO' or 'III' (roman numerals) to be capitalized correctly. I have seen other programs do this and it is nice.

3) More "Don't show this message again" checkboxes - When importing (or tagging), some of the confirmation prompts can be unnecessary (once you get used to them). It would be nice if you had a 'check here to' "Don't show this message again" on some of them (like you do on the "delete empty folder?" prompt). For example, when using "Rename, Move & Copy Files" I don't need to see the "Confirm Library Changes" prompt anymore. Of course this change should be complemented with a place in Options to redisplay the prompts.

4) Combine "Clean File Properties" with "Rename, Move & Copy Files" Option - Add an option to combine "Clean File Properties" with "Rename, Move & Copy Files" so you only have to click once and they both happen sequentially and with the option for no prompting. Streamline!

==========
MISC

1) Search and Cut, Copy and Paste - When right clicking the search bar at the top of the program, make the Cut, Copy and Paste options NOT be under an "Edit" sub-menu, but have them right there instead! Pasting is what I do there the most by far.

2) Right Click for "Clear Playing Now" - When I'm in, say, "Audio" in the main 'tree' on the left, I want to be able to right click on "Playing Now" and select "Clear Playing Now" WITHOUT LEAVING AUDIO.  I used to be able to do that in the past, but now when I right click Playing Now while trying to remain in Audio, it just gives me a choice of "Add Zone" and "Delete Zone".  I then have to actually go select Playing Now first before I can right click on "Player" and select Clear Playing Now. Or one can go to the Player drop down menu, click Playing Now, slide over and scroll down to Clear Playing Now... I lose my place in Audio and it disrupts my work flow.

3) Tell us what update version - When MC finds an update, it should tell you what version it has found (and possibly what version you already have as well), not simply "an update is ready to install" or "Downloading...".

4) Multiple images per file - Do we have multiple images per music file yet? We should have multiple album art AND multiple artist images per single song to slideshow WITHIN a Track Info plug-in.

5) "Fingerprint" ID of media files - Anything you can do to develop or improve fingerprint identification (metadata) of media files, including finding files that seem to be mislabeled.

6) Improved Handling of Video in ISO format...

Thanks for listening to us.  This, more than anything, is what I believe makes MC the greatest software project out there, and honestly what keeps me a paying customer.

Long live JRiver!
BigCat

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2013, 10:41:40 pm »

Just throwing another vote behind the Touch style interface request. Theater View is reasonable, but definitely behind in the touch screen usability stakes. I know this doesn't go well with the cross-platform side of things, but a decent Metro/Modern style UI for MC would be very much appreciated.

Better mkv/mka support would be nice too - chapters etc., which is excellent for classical and audio books.

Some good suggestions in this thread :)

brillotmanu

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2013, 02:39:27 am »

1. support for comic format : cbz, pdf ...

2. And i don't know if a website exist for music video infos but a fonctionnality like "update tags from" will be a good choice

amitaggarwal

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2013, 03:11:57 am »

One important feature is missing in MC18
i.e., "User Login Window"

Multiple user should login first and the library specified to that user only loads.

dean70

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2013, 03:19:15 am »

64 bit version

drewgarth

• Recent member
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2013, 03:50:58 pm »

Try a search.  You'll find some threads on how to do LiveTV over the network.

Jim, yes i know how to use google and i have done that a lot....

I already use live tv over network, but as far as i can tell, it only works using the MC client.

So i cant for instance stream live tv to an Ipad, an android phone, or to a DLNA playback device, or to Gizmo.
If you can point to a search result that shows me how to do do that it would be much appreciated.
I have spent a lot of time searching and i cant find it.

cheers
Andrew

locust

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

Don't know if it broken or not but I'd like to see isremovable() fixed, nothing I tag on that is located on any of my external hard drives output a positive result.. I raised the issue in a previous thread and it was suggested that Media Centre may not consider a external hard drive as a removable medium.. I'd like to be able to use this expression along with ismissing in theatre view file info panel or somewhere like that with HTML styles..

This has also spoken about on the forum I believe. I'd quite like to see it in V19, in the Configure Auto Import window, the ability to nest paths under labels.

Like now, it can be quite difficult to manage..
If I have the following structure..
X:\Users\Home\Music
X:\Users\Home\Photos
X:\Users\Home\Videos
Y:\Users\Home\Music
Y:\Users\Home\Photos
Y:\Users\Home\Videos
Z:\Users\Home\Music
Z:\Users\Home\Photos
Z:\Users\Home\Videos

In reality my import folders aren't that uniform, so above is quite pleasing on the eye to me, alas above would look much nicer nested like so.. Having the option of Using parent scheme for "Apply these tags (optional)" would be a nice touch too..

Music+
X:\Users\Home\Music
Y:\Users\Home\Music
Z:\Users\Home\Music
Photos+
X:\Users\Home\Photos
Y:\Users\Home\Photos
Z:\Users\Home\Photos
Videos
X:\Users\Home\Videos
Y:\Users\Home\Videos
Z:\Users\Home\Videos

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56:32 pm »

When the guide is activated, to display the current channel you are watching in a small window, and start the guide from the current channel instead of going all the way back to the begining. It's the one thing missing that WMC can do (but I'm not going back to WMC ;) ).
+1 

There's no category for HD channels.

The guide always starts at first channel when guide is opened from a live channel, instead of opening the guide at the channel being viewed. Also, it would be nice if Gizmo could control the guide better.  Using the theater view remote to navigate the guide isn't great.

jologskyblues

• Recent member
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2013, 09:19:46 pm »

+ 1 on Angelo.R's request

I've also been having similar troubles with imported folders from multiple external drives.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2013, 09:56:26 pm »

I would like a minor change in the way the Watched() function works, please.

In MC18 if the "Use Bookmarks" tag is set to "Default" then the Watched() function returns "XX% on DD MMM", if the "Use Bookmarks" tag is set to YES then the Watched() function only returns "DD MMM".
If the file is audio then to get it to restart using bookmarks the "Use Bookmarks" tag must be set to "YES".

It would also be good if the Watched(2) function displayed a tick for Audio files with a subtype of Radio in Theater View.

This is causing me an issue with downloaded radio files (M4A format) some of which are several hours long, I'd like to be able to see how far through a particular radio show I am using the Watched() function and then restart the show using the bookmark.

Thanks
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »

> allow dockable windows throughout
> enhance theater view to xbmc levels
> overall stat reporting
> built-in module for creating custom skins
> enhance playing now visualizations

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2013, 01:01:16 am »

It would be great if MC worked with album art when its located in a subfolder within the album art folders.
I'm not asking that MC puts album art into subfolders, just that it simply looks in them.

xeroian

• Recent member
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2013, 04:49:45 am »

1. Better documentation - MC has so many hidden features and the Wiki is so incomplete. Also it would be good if solutions posted in the forum could be added to the wiki. Only by chance did I stumble across a post that explained how I could output to a Sony TV.

2. Enhanced audio file conversion. I want to be able to take my hi-res FLAC files and create iphone friendly "lossless" files. That means changing the bit rate and the sampling rate. (removes need for dBpoweramp)

3. Would a 64 bit version mean one less app. that is fighting for the first 3Gb of memory?

4. airplay support (removes need for airfoil)

locust

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2013, 05:24:27 am »

Sorry for hogging up this thread, just thought of one other area that is a minor hindrance for me anyway.. In a view scheme that uses panes where the list style is Album thumbnails.. When you click on an album it shows play, in this instance I believe is would be much better if this list style could behave more like categories and show Play and Files. So many times when I navigate through I see an album & I want to pick one track from that album, currently I have to change the list style or go into a different view altogether..

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2013, 06:53:16 am »

It would be great if MC worked with album art when its located in a subfolder within the album art folders.
I'm not asking that MC puts album art into subfolders, just that it simply looks in them.

Start a thread if you want to discuss, but check your settings for Cover Art folder.  MC can use it to store all cover art.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2013, 08:42:13 am »

A larger, easier to control, volume control.  The current VC is tricky to use with very dynamic amps and speakers.

nachoville

• Recent member
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2013, 10:54:37 am »

Here are a few I'd like to see:

* Delayed application start-up option or enhanced logic to account for Windows network initialization delay.

* Ability to jump to a specific time in a video with the number pad.  ie - 47 takes you to the 47th minute.

* Plasma setting to prevent static images.

* Gizmo overhaul.  The most basic features are there, but most everything else (shuffle, create a playlist, etc.) is missing.

* Improve documentation.  Sifting through 10 year old posts which likely don't apply and missing info in the wiki can make getting up to speed cumbersome.

* Theater View improvements, such as an option when browsing audio albums to prevent Left arrow behaving like the Back/Exit button.  Right now when browsing albums if your overshoot the album in the right-hand column you must go Up-Right-Right-Right (etc) to get back.  I love the simplicity of "Left button to Exit", but I think it's a shortcoming in this view.

* Option to auto-import a single folder without including all sub-folders. 

Thanks for your efforts and I look forward to playing around with v19 once it's ready.

« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2013, 11:24:10 am »

A larger, easier to control, volume control.  The current VC is tricky to use with very dynamic amps and speakers.
Have you tried using the mouse wheel on it? You can also set a maximum volume that Media Center is allowed to use, and enable volume protection to stop it from allowing more than a 5% change in volume at a time, and more than 20% per second.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume#Volume_Protection

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2013, 01:29:31 pm »

Purchased. Together since 10th version)

The main desire consistently for several years - support for IPTV (its just a mpeg stream!), assign and show EPG for any of video files / urls, not only for .tvlb.

Thanks for a great product.

Fleckenzwerg

• Recent member
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2013, 01:36:29 pm »

I will buy the upgrade, because today I got my new DSD "able" DAC and I tried the PCM to DSD conversion of JRiver with bitstreaming output of the DSD file. The soundquality is realy improved a lot. So I hope for the real time DSD feature of MC19. Thank you guys!

PS.: Done ;)

raldo

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2013, 02:04:03 pm »

Simple access to Youtube Playlists would be great too (and watch history and liked videos ;D) since AFAIK YouTube Data API V3 support that. :)
+1

raldo

« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2013, 02:12:45 pm »

[...] Or maybe the way WMP does it where the Spotify playlists appear under...playlists.
Thanks
+1

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »

Have you tried using the mouse wheel on it? You can also set a maximum volume that Media Center is allowed to use, and enable volume protection to stop it from allowing more than a 5% change in volume at a time, and more than 20% per second.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume#Volume_Protection

Yup, I already use volume protection.  With over 10db in variation among some CDs, BR, DVD etc, a better "feel" on the slider would be helpful for "drag & drop" people like me.  (Since we must "click" the slider anyhow, the wheel seems like an unnecessary extra step.)

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2013, 02:24:58 pm »

With over 10db in variation among some CDs, BR, DVD etc
Volume Leveling should take care of this.

a better "feel" on the slider would be helpful for "drag & drop" people like me
Do you have any examples of programs that have a better "feeling" volume control, or suggestions for what you want?

Since we must "click" the slider anyhow, the wheel seems like an unnecessary extra step
You don't need to click, just place your cursor over the volume control and scroll - it adjusts the volume in 0.5 dB steps.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »

Does volume leveling impact dynamic range?

Just a slider at least 2x the current length, with a larger dot/handle would do it.  (I end up adjusting volume standing next to a desk so accurate mouse placement is awkward.)

Got it regarding mouse position.

« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »

Does volume leveling impact dynamic range?
No, Volume Leveling won't affect dynamic range.

Just a slider at least 2x the current length, with a larger dot/handle would do it.  (I end up adjusting volume standing next to a desk so accurate mouse placement is awkward.)
Of course it's not up to me, but it seems like making the volume slider twice its current length would be rather awkward for the rest of the UI.
Perhaps the best solution is follow what Adobe does with their sliders. (look at Lightroom for a great example of this)

When you just click and drag on them, they move with the mouse cursor, so it is dependent on your movement speed.
If you hold down the shift key and drag on them, they hide the mouse cursor and now move the marker at a much slower speed so that you can make ±0.01 adjustments with ease.

chrisxyz

• Recent member
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2013, 04:53:17 am »

I love MC and always recommend it to my friends, but I still have some suggestions for MC19 (maybe some of the features are already implemented and I simply did not find them; sorry for the long posting and for my English...):

I would very much appreciate an improvement of Gizmo and/or Webgizmo (I use an audio-PC which has no mouse, keyboard or monitor):

A) Gizmo:
* Please cache cover art on the phone: It always needs a lot of time to load cover art. After scrolling, Gizmo sometimes "forgets" cover art pictures which were loaded some seconds before.
* Maybe you also could improve speed: In my case loading cover art at the first time (without caching) seems to be faster in Webgizmo than in Gizmo (on the same tablet or phone).

B) Webgizmo:
* The playing now window does not scale to the size of my phone/tablet: On my 10" Tablet it only shows a very small playing now picture (similar in size to the view on my phone).
* Playing now window: It would be great if the volume slider would be bigger and - for me this is the reason why I do not often use Webgizmo - would be more sensitive to smaller volume changes (I love the very sensitive volume control using the phones volume control in Gizmo).

C) Gizmo and Webgizmo:
* Please implement a possibility to view longer artist names / titles especially below cover art: I have a lot of music - mostly classical - where the description is cut. Therefore searching for my music sometimes becomes to be a try and error story.
* Please implement the possibility to show information on filetype, bitrate and bitdepth (especially in the playing now window).
* Make better use of the landscape mode: Maybe you could put the cover art picture to the left hand side and provide more information (see above) on the right hand side.
* Please allow to create playlists.
* Please make Gizmo and Webgizmo more user configurable: I do not mean the very good standard configuration possibilities which could be configured in MC, I mean a phone / tablet specific (!)  possibility to configure font size, cover art size, the length of file description or - more generally - the amount of provided information (bitrate,..).
* Please make better use of tablets: I use Gizmo and Webgizmo on two different phones and two tablets (7" and 10"). Except that on the tablets more cover art icons are presented (I love this very much) there are no differences. In "playing now" in Gizmo the cover art picture covers a big part of my screen and therefore often becomes blurred, in Webgizmo the playing now window is too small. Maybe a tablet-Version could also present an additional column on the left hand side which presents genres, playlists and smartlists.

Moreover, a better implementation of webradio would be great:
* I tag internet radio station URLs with the icon of the radio provider. However, this means that MC does not show the cover art of recently playing songs (e.g Linn Radio would show the cover art). Am I doing something wrong or could this be improved?
* Moreover, is there a possibility for an automatic search of webradio station cover art? Till now I do this manually.
* Implementation of webradio on Gizmo/Webgizmo: I would be very happy, if I could search for webradio stations even in Gizmo/Webgizmo (e.g. similar to apps like TuneIn) and that Gizmo sends the URL to MC in order to play it. It would be perfect if search could also be reduced to "audiophile" radio stations (high bitrate).

dean70

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:00 am »

Expand the options under Output Format->Sample Rate to include 352,800Hz and 384,000Hz

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2013, 10:57:30 am »

Of course it's not up to me, but it seems like making the volume slider twice its current length would be rather awkward for the rest of the UI.
Perhaps the best solution is follow what Adobe does with their sliders. (look at Lightroom for a great example of this)

When you just click and drag on them, they move with the mouse cursor, so it is dependent on your movement speed.
If you hold down the shift key and drag on them, they hide the mouse cursor and now move the marker at a much slower speed so that you can make ±0.01 adjustments with ease.

I agree it would look clunky to simply enlarge the slider in the current area.  But the GUI is up for revision???    Looked at Lightroom...at least for VC, the additional functionality and .01 volume steps would be unnecessary.  The current 0.5db steps are fine... not looking for anything fancy, just larger so it is easier to grab and manipulate.

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2013, 11:16:04 am »

I agree it would look clunky to simply enlarge the slider in the current area.  But the GUI is up for revision???    Looked at Lightroom...at least for VC, the additional functionality and .01 volume steps would be unnecessary.  The current 0.5db steps are fine... not looking for anything fancy, just larger so it is easier to grab and manipulate.
I'm not saying that it should adjust volume in 0.01 steps, but that's what Adobe does to allow for adjustments in 0.01 steps on their controls.
It could still make adjustments in 0.5dB steps, but at a much slower rate when the shift key is held down. (so you need to move the mouse more for each step)

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2013, 11:27:50 am »

The main desire consistently for several years - support for IPTV (its just a mpeg stream!), assign and show EPG for any of video files / urls, not only for .tvlb.

Yes! +1.

And also ability to play RTP streams, please  ;D .

telecaster

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2013, 01:35:43 pm »

I know there is the theater mode but it's useless for little touchscreens.
requesting:
1 - touch control in cover mode like simply scrolling the covers.
2 - a spash screen with touch control over playback, queueing in cover mode
3 - or extreme customisation ability in Theater mode : over fonts size, album info placement(over cover or Under), text cartridge, cover size, space bewteen covers etc...
4 - in all the mode simply alphabetic touch to browse like small letter button with size customisable, or a variable size cartridge.
5 - Please include more touch control, it's seriously missing and we are in 2013... It will open new markets for your player software for audiophile alikes...

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2013, 12:30:52 am »

it is possible to implement a function open / close the DVD tray? When I was TheaterTek this feature was there and was very comfortable

alvester

• Recent member
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2013, 02:55:01 am »

I hope that MC 19 has a better interface for touchscreen monitors. I have a 23 inch Acer touchscreen monitor connected to an Hp Envy 17 3D laptop running Windows 8 Pro. The monitor is excellent for certain programs that have been fine tuned for a touch interface but unfortunately using MC 18 is rather difficult on a touch screen monitor. 

Working with the MC 18's menus and tagging on a touch screen monitor are rather cumbersome and at times unresponsive. The hardest on screen button within MC 18 to use on a touch screen is the close "x" button at the top right. I hope this is improved in 19. MC 18 is an excellent program in terms of it's ability to play high quality lossless formats (thank you very much JRiver!) but I hope the interface becomes easier to use on the next version.

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2013, 04:04:18 am »

Hi,
is it possible to have an Startup directory in the explorer view as default (like in foobar in files and directory view)?
I do not use an music library, only directory view and navigation.

Thanks,

Erich

zkeller

• Recent member
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2013, 05:45:32 am »

Would it be possible to have a "DLNA connection refresh" feature?

Often I want to start playing I find that the connection to my DLNA player has 'disappeared'. It takes a few minutes before it registers again. It would be great if we could do a 'reconnect' somehow?

Thanks
Zane

ths61

• World Citizen
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2013, 10:22:06 pm »

How about an SACD Ripper ?
Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »

Dsf over dlna to my Oppo 103 would be very nice.

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2013, 06:16:13 am »

How about an SACD Ripper ?
As I understand it, this is a hardware problem rather than a software one. No SACD drives for PC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2013, 07:48:11 am »

As I understand it, this is a hardware problem rather than a software one. No SACD drives for PC.
That's correct.  Our wiki topic on SACD has a link to a thread on ripping at Computeraudiophile.com.  You need to find an original Sony PS3, which had the right drive.  Newer ones don't.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2013, 09:30:00 am »

With no hardware constraints, JRSS seems like a perfect platform to explore vector sound placement.  Maybe just a setting for 11.X as a beginning.

« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2013, 11:45:45 am »

When you manually start downloading a file from a podcast, you are shown its progress in this pane:

It would be nice if this appeared with automatic downloads as well, rather than having to check Services & Plug-ins  > Downloads to see if anything is currently downloading.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up