INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network problem  (Read 1626 times)

Roger O

• Recent member
Network problem
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:07:22 pm »

Can not play anything over a network from jriver media center to client jriver media center. Just crashes all the time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Network problem
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:31:55 pm »

Make sure you have the latest version.  It's 19.0.49.

Does it play at all?

If not, a firewall could be stopping it.

More details might help.

Ekpen

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:52:26 pm »

Hi:

I have a new Acer  A7600U-R24 all in one desktop , MC 19.49 installed, though I had this experience since MC 19.45
I can not get it to work with Gizmo.  I get error" There is a problem with the network" I have public IP. I have had success doing this for almost 7 years, with no issues, impossible to use Gizmo outside the house.
I have set up the port forwarding within my Netgear Wndr 4500 router to reflect the new IP given to me by my ISP.
I tested this by disabling my Wifi, then used 4GLte. It will not let me in to MC19 I have also re-installed Gizmo. My new Access key is typed in correctly.
Here is another test.
From any browser within the mobile phone, I had success using the IP to get  in, using xx.xx.xx.xx:52199/gizmo or webgizmo.html.
But no luck if Gizmo is used. My firewall is not obstructing anything.
The new desktop pc runs Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.
Thanks.
Ekpen

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

There is no known problem with Gizmo at this time.  The topic called "Network Access" on our wiki might help.

Ekpen

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »

There is no known problem with Gizmo at this time.  The topic called "Network Access" on our wiki might help.

Why I am getting this error, I do not know. All I can do now is to continue to investigate . I never experience  this type before.
FYI: I paid for the Linux upgrade today. Whether I get to using it or not, does not matter, it is the continued support that counts.
Thanks to all the team for porting to Linux.
I hope I can use the Fedora disc that has been laying around, if not I will use  Ubuntu or whatever  MC needs.

Ekpen.

Edit:

This is an update on my Gizmo issues:
I did a reset , another access key was issued. Same error; "There was a problem connecting to the server, please double check you have entered the correct key, and that server and connections are working."

I also got another error "Runtime error! Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime, program will terminate. (I do not know if this is related to Gizmo)

Your reply directed me to read the Wiki. I have not even read the Wiki, until you wrote back. I have had this setup for 7-10 years even before I knew what JRiver is or was:
I have been able to get in to my house from outside using the old assigned IP which was 74.XX.xxx?
With the new IP assigned 6 weeks ago, I had no issues with Gizmo.
Upon setting up this new Acer All in one desktop last week, for the first time, I am having issues with Gizmo.
Using the new IP, disabling wifi, now connecting via 4G, I am not able to get Gizmo to work. The error seems to be at the point of recognizing the access key.

But, if I use Chrome, or Firefox via browser, I have no problem . All I do is use my assigned public IP, even with Wifi shut off. I can also do this outside the house, even from the Market place  mall.
But using Gizmo is a no no
If my network was bad, (maybe), it will not even let me get connected to my house .

Here is an aside to this:

I will be brief: I have symantec-(Norton) for over 10 years. I have had maybe 8-11 PCs registered on the Norton server. Suddenly, I was not able to upgrade my Norton 360 for this new Acer.
Read on, the Norton server failed to update the Pc, by deleting PCs that are no more in use. The tech has to manually delete all pcs, before I was able to  register  or update the Norton  virus program to use .
The point of this is that: Your server may have failed to scan my new Acer to get current IP information, it may still be using old information.
Please , I know you are busy, it is very irritating to have this issue, especially, a Linux version is coming. If push comes to shove, I can use my browser/static IP to log in to my pc outside the home. I just want to use Gizmo.

Please check your server to see what my settings are. Sending me to the Wiki site is of no use to me at this point.

Thanks.
Ekpen.

Ekpen

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 07:12:45 pm »

There is no known problem with Gizmo at this time.  The topic called "Network Access" on our wiki might help.

My service provider has determined that I have WAN issue.
It is scheduled to be fixed by 5.00 PM, next Tuesday.
Ekpen.

Ekpen

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 11:21:57 am »

Greetings:

My Provider's technician was at my house for 5 hours yesterday. A dsl modem was changed. We noticed each time I tried to run Gizmo, it will activate a red light on the modem. We thought the modem was  bad, two  new dsl units were replaced, yet issue still not resolved.

I have to replace an old Acer notebook that died. It worked fine up to this point I changed to a  new Acer all in one last week. When  my provider changed my dsl 6 weeks ago, I had to be issued a new set of IPs.
I am thinking the Gizmo server has the old IP that starts with 74.x.x.x, and also new internal IPs have changed.
When I tried to type in my old Gizmo access key, it starts to scan, but the old access key that starts with "F" is no more valid. Then I put in the new Access key that starts with  "N", nothing happens. It is suppose to start scanning. In this case, it just does nothing.
My thinking is, I have so many IPs on your server, that it messes up my connecting to your server.
I am now asking you to purge my Gizmo account, and let me start all over.

The Gizmo has worked for me , both in and outside my home without flaws for years.
Also, I must admit or confess to you, that I have two other servers being built, for gaming and Linux, that worked for 10 days or so, due to motherboard failures (Gigabyte UD-5 X58A and Asus P6X58) both died same  problem with motherboard detection). On these two servers, I did try to run Gizmo on them <grin>.

The Asus has been replaced  with same type. The Gigabyte was not replaced with same type. I was forced in to accepting an advanced version of the Gigabyte G.1 Assassins, which is an XL type of motherboard.
I am yet to find a desktop case that can accept an XL form factor mobo.
I am writing to let you know, how serious I take your program.  I have no intention of quitting.

I hope soon to find an XL case  to house the Gigabyte monster. (This is going to be for Linux).
In addition to this, I will be  upgrading my Samsung note (1st generation) to Note 3) within the next two or three weeks. I am waiting for the Note 2014 10.1 tablet to be available to get both a  same time.
Maybe all these issues will be resolved.

Please just purge the settings for me, and let me start all over.
Thanks.
Ekpen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up