INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video files fragmented to unassigned folders  (Read 15181 times)

wildcrafter

• Recent member
video files fragmented to unassigned folders
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:15:30 am »

After a recent update I noticed several new videos I never put in, that seem to have titled themselves because they had number titles. The content when played is fragments of other existing videos. Under unassigned files there are dozens of fragments sometimes with a picture, but most times wirh just the grey reel that signifies an unassigned file. In a couple of cases whole videos have moved to the unassigned file leaving the original place an empty folder except for title and art. How do I get everything back where it belongs?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: video files fragmented to unassigned folders
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 11:35:15 am »

MC makes automatic backups.  You could try restoring one.

wildcrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:07:58 pm »

If I restore a backup from three days ago will I lose the dvd I ripped yesterday?

wildcrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:09:04 pm »

I keep trying to figure this out. All the fragmented files were created on October 6, 2013. The earliest backup that shows up is after that on October 10, 2013. It doesn't seem like it would help to restore a backup that was made after the problem occured. I am not computer saavy and may have caused this problem myself. I had a problem with my backup harddrive and may have deleted the earlier backups. Should there be more there? I checked in versions 17 and 18 and the earliest backup there was October 10, 2013 as well. I love this product and the audio section is generally seamless. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up