INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chromecast/ BubbleUpnp/ MPEG4  (Read 7522 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Chromecast/ BubbleUpnp/ MPEG4
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:45:44 pm »

Ok, so I went out and bought a chromecast and I know Hendrick is working on getting chromecast to work with Gizmo.  However, I am really impatient, so now that BubbleUpnp is working with chromecast, I thought I would give it a try.  It pretty much works if the file is in a format that the chromecast supports (MPEG4).  This is where things get a bit over my head.  I have tried pretty much all of the conversion settings for DLNA and nothing seems to work for the files that are not MPEG4.  I converted a television show that I recorded to MPEG4 and it worked fine, so as a work around, I can pre-convert anything that we want to watch with the chromecast, but it would be much better if I could find settings to convert on the fly.

Here is my question for the video/dlna experts, is there a dlna setting that I can use to convert files to a chromecast viewable format?

Thanks,

Alex

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Chromecast/ BubbleUpnp/ MPEG4
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:31 am »

Try one of the H264-TS presets.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 06:06:51 am »

I tried the H264-TS mid bandwidth preset with both autofps and not.  Neither worked.  I did a little more research and it looks like the chromecast might support h264-ts, so I am will try again when I get home this afternoon.

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:40:47 pm »

Well, for anyone who is interested in using chromecast with JRiver:  I was able to get the BubbleUpnp android app to work with my chromecast using  JRiver as the Server, but I had to install the BubbleUpnp server also.  It does the transcoding.  It works quite well, so until Gizmo supports chromecast, this is a viable alternative.

Alex

maid

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 11:26:52 pm »

I have installed Bubbleupnp  I would prefer Gizmo but this will not work on Xperia z1.

I am finding it difficult to stream the data to my phone using the mobile network.

It works perfectly over the internal wifi.

I have put in Ports in my router but am now lost.

Can you help???
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Re: Chromecast/ BubbleUpnp/ MPEG4
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 01:40:47 am »

Well, for anyone who is interested in using chromecast with JRiver:  I was able to get the BubbleUpnp android app to work with my chromecast using  JRiver as the Server, but I had to install the BubbleUpnp server also.  It does the transcoding.  It works quite well, so until Gizmo supports chromecast, this is a viable alternative.

Alex

I've gotten dlna casted with bubble + mc generic DLNA as well. its a nice setup ,and you can still use gizmo to control library selection and playback if you set bubble as OpenHome renderer. hopefully we won't need the middle man soon but bubble + server allows one very crucial thing for that MC has failed to provide a solution for on its own- streaming lossless audio to external or (mobile) networks, no conversion to mp3.

it does this by simply exposing MC DLNA server to the mobile client as if it were on the the same LAN (UPnP tethering).  Clever =)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Re: Chromecast/ BubbleUpnp/ MPEG4
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 03:05:00 am »

I've got two Chromecasts and I've set up BubbleUPnP client & server to cast the contents of my MC library and it works great. All file format conversion is done seamlessly on the fly and the thing I like most is that you can seek forwards and backwards through the video. I have tried many DLNA programs and I have not been able to reliably seek through the video file when converting the format.

I've gotten dlna casted with bubble + mc generic DLNA as well. its a nice setup ,and you can still use gizmo to control library selection and playback if you set bubble as OpenHome renderer.

How exactly have you managed this. I have set BubbleUPnP as an OpenHome Renderer but it doesn't show up in Gizmo. Are you saying that you can use Gizmo to control the playback of content on your Chromecast (via BubbleUPnP) or just on the BubbleUPnP local renderer. Either way I still can't see it in Gizmo.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 06:43:22 am »

Thanks to Hendrik, Chromecast is supported in the next version of MC (19.0.134).  It should be on the MC19 board later this week.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chromecast/ BubbleUpnp/ MPEG4
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 11:17:43 am »

I've got two Chromecasts and I've set up BubbleUPnP client & server to cast the contents of my MC library and it works great. All file format conversion is done seamlessly on the fly and the thing I like most is that you can seek forwards and backwards through the video. I have tried many DLNA programs and I have not been able to reliably seek through the video file when converting the format.

How exactly have you managed this. I have set BubbleUPnP as an OpenHome Renderer but it doesn't show up in Gizmo. Are you saying that you can use Gizmo to control the playback of content on your Chromecast (via BubbleUPnP) or just on the BubbleUPnP local renderer. Either way I still can't see it in Gizmo.

Make sure these settings are checked. In gizmo under mode you should then see bubbleGo or whatever you have named your bubble renderer
Pages: [1]   Go Up