INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 set up / optimization help for hire?  (Read 1748 times)

kenreau

• life'll kill ya - enjoy every sandwich
MC 19 set up / optimization help for hire?
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:20:04 am »

Greetings all,

I'm coming from the Mac mini / iTunes world with Pure Music for the past ~5 years.  I have >3TB of music files (standard and high res.) and finally got tired of the iTunes interface.  I recently installed Windows 8.1 via boot camp and intend to convert everything under the MC umbrella.  I'm attempting to set up my MC 19 for Windows and have run into a few issues with hangs, program not responding, etc.  I've gone through the excellent set up wiki's, FAQs, et al and still haven't gotten things up and running correctly.  The last Windows product I used was XP 5 years ago and this may be part of my struggle, working under the new Windows environment.

Rather than continuing to flounder for hours, my quest is to find a MC super user / maven here that I could simply hire for a hour, or so and be done.  I've gone through similar support issues by way of TeamViewer in the past.

Anyone interested?  Or, possibly recommend someone I can ping that provides this service?

Thanks
Kenreau

PS - looking at all the support forum posts, this might be an idea for an enhanced support business model.
2012 Mac mini (i7, Mavericks+MS 8.1, SSD, 16GB RAM)>boot camp Windows8.1>JRMC19>USB>dCS Debussy DAC>SimAudio P-7>SimAudio W-7>Vandersteen 5As.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 19 set up / optimization help for hire?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 03:02:42 pm »

Hangs are one manifestation of antivirus problems.  There is an antivirus thread here that might give you clues.

kenreau

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »

Hangs are one manifestation of antivirus problems.  There is an antivirus thread here that might give you clues.

Thanks, Jim, I did turn off the Windows Defender per that trouble shooting guide and it did help somewhat.  It will then play ~5 songs before hanging vs. 1~2 with WD on before hanging again.  The MC program appears to start a song ok, but when I try to advance to another song, or change album or artist, it locks up. 

Hopefully someone will respond that can dial this in for me and make a few bucks for their time.

Thanks again
Kenreau
2012 Mac mini (i7, Mavericks+MS 8.1, SSD, 16GB RAM)>boot camp Windows8.1>JRMC19>USB>dCS Debussy DAC>SimAudio P-7>SimAudio W-7>Vandersteen 5As.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 06:34:01 pm »

I know MrC has done that for people a few times (I don't think he'll take your money, but he might help), but he's been away for a little bit.  I think he's on vacation, though I'm guessing.

I might be convinced, but you'd have to deal with doing it in the middle of the night (east-coast US time).  But, I don't know... It's tough.  I don't usually have much time to play around, and I have other projects.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kenreau

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:39:05 pm »

Thanks, glynor, I did get a kind offer to help from a local Patrick Stockton.  Just attempting to connect with him.  Hopefully he can make quick work of it. 

Thanks again
Kenreau

I know MrC has done that for people a few times (I don't think he'll take your money, but he might help), but he's been away for a little bit.  I think he's on vacation, though I'm guessing.

I might be convinced, but you'd have to deal with doing it in the middle of the night (east-coast US time).  But, I don't know... It's tough.  I don't usually have much time to play around, and I have other projects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up