INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 227976 times)

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2014, 05:01:24 am »

Hello!
Firstly big thanks to developers and contributors of JRiver Media center, really excellent software :)

My feature request is not hugely important deal breaker but would simplify things a lot for me, and maybe to others in same situation: DSP-studio, room correction, speaker distances in metric units.

Best regards,
Ari

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2014, 07:00:55 am »

Add Rapier Fusion Theatre View Skin to default build.
or add it to the skins library!

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69662.0

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2014, 07:23:20 am »

hi, i just purchased version 20.. keep up the good work .

I would like to see functionality for

1) update tags based on data present in an external file .. for example i load a bunch of jpg files and want to add tags to these files based on data i have collected in an xls or csv file. the comon key being the filename
2) when importing a MPL playlist containing   "data" elements it would be great if an image can be loaded   from the coverart directory .. now this only works for audion and video data types (where the filename of the image file must correspond with the   album artis - album names ..
3) more out of the box functionality to use mc20 as THE mediacenter also for non audio/visio data
4) a way to automatically set audio parameters such as the audio device  based on how your system is connected .. for excample at home i have an usb attached audio interface but on the road i just use the internal sound card .. it would be great if that can be detected of multiple profiles can be created depending on your location

thx koen

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2014, 07:24:19 am »

* a stack of the last 4 commands used on right click. right now the last command is on top of the right-click menu, expanding this would vastly improve manual tagging

or

* a custom menu that can be configured with the most used commands

DenS

• Recent member
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2014, 07:24:38 am »

When creating a Playing Now list from the Audio Panes it would be nice to have a single stroke way of adding the selection to the top (next to play) or the end such as an 'F' key or programmed mouse button. for example: select a song, hit 'F10' it goes to the end of the list, hit 'F11' it adds as next to play.

This would really improve the way a play list is created rather than the current right click the select what you want from the popup.

Thanks... a long time user, could not see handling my audio collection any other way.

Den

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2014, 07:25:22 am »

Being able to attach or pin the DSP window to the main interface.

+1
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2014, 07:31:33 am »

* a stack of the last 4 commands used on right click. right now the last command is on top of the right-click menu, expanding this would vastly improve manual tagging

or

* a custom menu that can be configured with the most used commands

I've expanded mine to 8 - see under Tools --> Options --> Tree & View --> Advanced --> Right click recent command count"
JRiver CEO Elect

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2014, 07:36:01 am »

Ability install desired modules separately.
Some of us, use JRiver only for music, some others only for video, some may need to have MC engine as a sound device.
It would be useful to be able to install things you need and skip those you don't.
Who knows , you may be able to create future modules, and sell them separetely.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2014, 07:46:13 am »

option to remove duplicates in playlists by name.it would be nice to have option to remove by name as opposed to all the tags having to match. if you have multiple greatest hits albums by a band you will have duplicates but all tags will not match.

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2014, 07:47:56 am »

Add MCWS function to get artist image for a track.

« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2014, 07:49:22 am »

The ability to select presets for Red October HQ (madVR)
Without support from Madshi to configure madVR on runtime, there's no "good" way of doing this.
However you can restore the default settings and load a custom settings.bin to load a preset configuration.

It would be very useful to have an option that would put madVR into a high performance state, for example.
Playback with madVR configured this way should not be much more demanding than Red October Standard, but playback quality is better. It also bypasses a lot of video card processing, which would save some headaches when troubleshooting people's video playback problems.

+1 UHD/4K handling
This should already be supported.
Airplay and DLNA was not working well with my devices (independent to the MC). The only stable way to stream music to aonother devices is via Bluetooth. I think we need more support for this direction.
Are they certified devices? AirPlay has never given me trouble. (DLNA has though)
Don't Bluetooth devices just show up as a sound device that Media Center can play to?

Ability install desired modules separately.
Some of us, use JRiver only for music, some others only for video, some may need to have MC engine as a sound device.
It would be useful to be able to install things you need and skip those you don't.
Who knows , you may be able to create future modules, and sell them separetely.
A lot of the video features are downloaded the first time you try to use them.
You can disable features you don't want to use via Tools → Options → General → Features

csimon

« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2014, 07:55:17 am »

The ability to select presets for Red October HQ (madVR)
Without support from Madshi to configure madVR on runtime, there's no "good" way of doing this.
However you can restore the default settings and load a custom settings.bin to load a preset configuration.

It would be very useful to have an option that would put madVR into a high performance state, for example.
Playback with madVR configured this way should not be much more demanding than Red October Standard, but playback quality is better. It also bypasses a lot of video card processing, which would save some headaches when troubleshooting people's video playback problems.

+1

I spent a lot of time tweaking things that I don't really know what they do.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2014, 07:56:07 am »

I would like to suggest you make MC behave more like other windows programs. Currently MC does not support double clicking the top frame to fill up the whole screen vertically.

Also MC does not remember its window position (I usually have MC on right half side of my screen and browser on the left half) after the program has been closed and restarted. It's annoying having to resize every time.

edit: this is from an earlier thread, thought I'd reiterate it here too: One big annoyance for me is not being able to scroll horizontally (vertically works) in the main window using my notebook mousepad gesture (win 8.1, ELAN 11.7.19.9). Scrolling works as expected in explorer, firefox, etc. I don't remember this working ever in jriver MC. A fix would be much appreciated.

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2014, 08:52:02 am »

Here are my wishes:

Thanks for a great product.

WinnieW

« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2014, 09:47:44 am »

There is a new tagging pane that is in development. Hold down the shift key when you open the tagging pane to test it.
Hopefully it will become a finished feature in MC20 - it's a little buggy right now.

robydago

« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2014, 10:14:15 am »

There is a new tagging pane that is in development. Hold down the shift key when you open the tagging pane to test it.
Hopefully it will become a finished feature in MC20 - it's a little buggy right now.

wow, much better than the current default one!
+1 to have it as the standard tagging pane in MC20

MikeThin

« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2014, 10:25:17 am »

2-Apply a specific EQ depending on a custom tag (that will permit to have 1 EQ per song). Like tag "EQ" and the data will be the name of the saved EQ.

Song 1 : Tag EQ : Flat_EQ
Song 2 : Tag EQ : +5Bass_EQ
Song 3 : Tag EQ : Smiley_EQ

This has been in discussion for at least a year, and is my most hoped for feature... 
It can partially be achieved via setting up multiple zones, and zone rules based on keywords.  BUT...  The rules don't work in a playlist :(   You have to stop playback for the rule to fire.

So - please can the devs make zone rules work track to track!

soundgals

• Recent member
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2014, 10:39:07 am »

Qobuz integration +1

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2014, 10:54:03 am »

Wow, didn't know this hidden feature, thank you for the information.
Now I can read my Tag-fieldnames. If I could detach that window (to my second monitor), it would be perfect (for me).

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2014, 12:06:07 pm »

- .m3u8 playlists for the portable devices (special character support). Actually MC could recognize in case there are any special characters in the titles of the songs like ασδφ íñó etc. and autochoose .m3u8 playlist for that sync or transfer. I also have noticed that after creating the .m3u8 playlist I can rename it to .m3u and the device will still recognize the special characters.

- the ability to load settings (presets) for groups(folders and childs) of playlists. We've got the ability to categorize playlists in trees, but it is difficult to change the columns of each playlist when needed (especially if we have a couple thousands or playlists or more)

Thanks for considering our needs

Denti

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2014, 12:09:37 pm »

Ignore umlauts, accents, tildas, hatchets, sharp-s, etc. when sorting.  Of course sharp-S would have to be converted into a double-s.

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

Configurable Media slideshow in Theatre View
Details here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76802.0
+1!!

A simple request: I'd like to select songs in file windows just holding left click and dragging as in most softwares. Now you can only select files with mouse and ctrl or shift or select all qith ctrl+a

Bye

Andrea
Bye!

Andrea

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:01 pm »

re: new Tagging pane-- Excellent tip, THANKS!!

• I'd like the option to make the default behavior "PLAY STACK" when playing a stacked item. I can remember to drill down and find "play stack" in the context menu, but others sometimes can't.  I have a lot of two file videos that I use 'stack' to tidy up.

Easier keyboard-shortcut setting. For example, I use GIMP for image editing, and one nice feature is the ability to hover the mouse cursor over any menu command and simply enter the keyboard command. DONE.

GPeaslee

• Recent member
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2014, 12:45:21 pm »

Will MC20 include an easier to use A-B repeat function?

zbar

Feature requests
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

I would like the MC will able to download trailers automatically and be able to play similar ones to the main feature movie played.
This will give you a full movie theater experience.

« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2014, 02:24:51 pm »

Prevent podcasts from re-downloading files when the RSS feed changes, if it still points to the same files.
Media Center re-downloaded more than 50GB this week when one of the sites I subscribe to changed their RSS backend.
The feed was changed, but it still pointed to the same location on the server.

Being able to subscribe to a YouTube channel's RSS feed, and have it automatically download videos would be really nice.

Support YouTube playlists, if at all possible. (i.e. playlists on the site, playing Part 1, Part 2, Part 3... of a video series)

SGroth

• Recent member
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2014, 03:48:07 pm »

For a lot of titles in my library (old disco) it would be great to have a pitch / tempo per track.

Typically I hear music bitperfect, so the general setting in the DSP studio is no solution for me.

In best case you could change pitch / tempo using some special keys for + and - and save/delete the setting to the file as a tag.

This way the feature would only be activated when a song has this tag set.

Thanks!

rec head

« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2014, 03:53:56 pm »

I don't know how or if you guys track these threads but it seems like you should have a few different Feature Requests threads.

New Feature Requests: Interface/Usability
New Feature Requests: Playback, Formats, etc.
New Feature Requests: Streaming Services
or whatever is appropriate.

It would keep the discussions a little more focused.

Just a thought.

SGroth

• Recent member
« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2014, 04:20:03 pm »

I'd really love to see some kind of "automatic stacking of identical songs" on order of their bitdepth and samplerate.

There is a typical scenario, that I have a standard 16bit/44kHz album and some other version.
If I also have an 24/96 and/or SACD ISO, then the album is Listed with all tracks two times!

I'd like to have a simple config setting what to determine first better bitdepth or better sample rate.
Then, if Artist, Album, Track name and length are identical, the JMC should autostack them putting the "best version" on top.

This way I could also listen to this albums using JRemote without doubled titles!

In best case, you could define this behaviour per zone or playing device, because not all of my devices are able to play DSD as an example.

Thanks!

Denti

« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2014, 04:25:20 pm »

I have just created a field called Grouping in which I distinguish different versions of the same album: "2014 Remaster" or "Original Vinyl Rip" or "MFSL Remaster" or whatever. That way, in JRemote or Theater View, I still only see one album, but when I click on it I can choose from multiple versions.  (I also use this to separate off bonus tracks.)

SGroth

• Recent member
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2014, 04:45:30 pm »

I put this field (Grouping) also in my tag view and tagged two albums with "Deluxe Edition" and "24 Bit".
In JRemote, I can now only see the "Deluxe Edition". The other one is gone, no doubled tracks.

How do I switch the Grouping in JRemote then?

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2014, 05:12:19 pm »

Maybe ...

- add back cover for Music , a booklet viewer ?
- set a Tag for the current subtitle file, possibility to write this programmaticaly
- integrate music streaming services (Qobuz, etc..)
- update your examples for making display plugins (in C,C#, whatever ...)
- re-think the theather view customization, I find it a bit strange ..
- customization for the Movie scrapper.. ;D

skenthome

« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »

JRiver is the best.
I have not even worked out all the features in 18.
So, love you USA.
I have spent my money on 20 already. 
Will catch up in 2 years.
Thanks guys.

Denti

« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2014, 07:11:10 pm »

I put this field (Grouping) also in my tag view and tagged two albums with "Deluxe Edition" and "24 Bit".
In JRemote, I can now only see the "Deluxe Edition". The other one is gone, no doubled tracks.

How do I switch the Grouping in JRemote then?

PM me if you want help, this isn't the place for it. But the settings for JRemote need to be in place also. See Gizmo settings under Preferences->Media Network

You need to put that Grouping field below Album in the sorting tree.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2014, 09:51:50 pm »

JRiver is the best.
I have not even worked out all the features in 18.
So, love you USA.
I have spent my money on 20 already. 
Will catch up in 2 years.
Thanks guys.

Thanks!

ken1maeda

• Recent member
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2014, 01:02:02 am »

What I really want is play BD function.  Otherwise, I should run a different player, e.g., PowerDVD or so. 
-- Ken

instigator

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2014, 01:54:23 am »

Two cents about new features regardling UI:
1: Include MC own notificator, just to be honest CAD support in v19 was not productive because CAD development is closed, and many features from MC are not used by CAD (selecting zone to follow, ignore zones, etc). A own notificator CAD-like will be awesome.
2:Make a deal with viewlyrics.com or another company who have a lyrics database to include build support to display/download synchronized lyrics. Right now Minilyrics is the only choice but sucks big time (especially with zones related playback, and single files using CUE playback).
MC team please say something.

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2014, 02:52:14 am »

Being able to do the tagging/  finding details in movie database vie Gizmo would great.  Might be more a MC + Gizmo feature...

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2014, 05:14:30 am »

BBC iPlayer integration please.

SGroth

• Recent member
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2014, 08:26:04 am »

A simple crop tool for the covers downloaded from internet would be helpfull.

Denti

« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2014, 08:38:47 am »

Allow for override of category-specific display text in Theater View/Gizmo, so that for each grouping one can individually select a new text not based on any one category or expression. This would help with problems like this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90217.0

It would be so nice to have this flexibility!

vroom

• Recent member
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2014, 09:14:32 am »

Ability to switch libraries from Gizmo app.

Ability to download songs to phone from Gizmo app.

pixelapex

« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2014, 10:59:21 am »

Automatically download movie trailers and preview option in theater view.

rilke1999

• Recent member
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2014, 01:16:59 pm »

- Support tags for audio files with multiple embedded pictures, eg. Front, back,....

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

1) steps of 1 by 1 seconds during playback video using Left/Right keys.
2) playback in slow motion using the Left/Right keys.
3) record the tag's of the videos inside of the metadata of mp4 files. Not in _JRSidecar.xml file. XML file optional not mandatory.
4) record radio stations easy in mp3 directly. Not with format of the radio station. Put the name of the song and split the file. Not record continuously.
5) password for open the program.
6) transcode video with ultra-fast speed to H.264 using: intel QuickSync, nVidia NVENC and AMD VCE.
7) for all library use a simple XML file like itunes. Not a folder with thousands of files.

msebast

« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2014, 03:44:25 pm »

I would love to see the ability to route audio output based on selectable criteria. Specifically, I would love to route all of my audio files to my amplifier's analog input but my video files to a digital input for DTS or Dolby 5.1 processing.

Thanks!

+1

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2014, 05:14:31 pm »

Facial recognition and/or tagging like in Picasa.

wraith

• Recent member
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2014, 08:02:40 pm »

Converting [Album] field to a list field would be a welcome addition.
This way we can place a song against multiple albums without having to make a copy of each song for each album

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90585.msg622657#msg622657
System: Intel Quad Core
            6Gb RAM
MC: 20.0.080

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »

I'd like to see the "Get Movie & TV Info" window open with the cursor in the search bar from the start, and have the current title selected so one could just begin typing.

bellhead

« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2014, 08:21:08 pm »

I would like to take a whole set of albums and/or a whole playlist group and change the drive letter to a single new drive letter of my choosing.
In my case, I have C: as a root drive letter for a large section of my library and I want to move the music files to a new drive.
In windows, of course, nothing can be named a C drive.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up