INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 227971 times)

obchristo

• Recent member
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2014, 12:51:42 pm »

While I love JRiver for Audio and my media collections, I wish for Cablecard support of "Copy Once" encrypted channels on the Cetons. JRiver is essentially useless for me for Television with Cox cable.

I upgraded from MC18 to 19 in the hopes it would get resolved, but no joy. Even though it was never promised in 19, I feel kinda ripped off.

Can't see paying again unless it is confirmed that this is at least being worked on.

So... Is Cablecard support of "Copy Once" encrypted channels on the Cetons being worked on for 20?

SpaceLaser

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 01:29:27 pm »

Could you possibly add support for changing the timeout for streaming content from external JRiver libraries? I try to stream content from JRiver on my work PC from my media server back home, but the buffer times usually cause a timeout error. If I try to stream with something like Gizmo instead, I can stream it fine provided that I wait long enough.

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2014, 01:29:35 pm »

Support time-coded/synched lyrics
+1

disciple32101

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 01:38:27 pm »

I would love to see the ability to route audio output based on selectable criteria. Specifically, I would love to route all of my audio files to my amplifier's analog input but my video files to a digital input for DTS or Dolby 5.1 processing.

Thanks!

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2014, 01:48:18 pm »

I would love to see the ability to route audio output based on selectable criteria. Specifically, I would love to route all of my audio files to my amplifier's analog input but my video files to a digital input for DTS or Dolby 5.1 processing.
Zones/Zone Switch already handles this.

cparralopez

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2014, 01:56:36 pm »

- Improved lyrics support.
- Integration with social networks to share songs, etc.
- Rating songs directly in Gizmo

Thanks.

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

- Rating songs directly in Gizmo

Thanks.
Rating is available today.
Regards
F. S.

Bryan

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2014, 02:15:23 pm »

What about:

1) Gizmo for Windows Phone. 

2) A "Metro" interface/App for Windows 8+.  (Possibly just convert Theater View to a metro app).. It's almost there anyway.

Bryan

Bexhill

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2014, 02:18:48 pm »

Hopefully the list is long.

Jim as an early supporter and promoter in the high-fidelity world, may i offer a suggestion you may have already done something about, (bear in mind my suggestion a decade ago regarding perusing the high-fidelity world did come true)....

I would marshal my efforts and resources on Youtube, Netflix, Hulu and other web-based media- people are cutting the cord, moreover, those who have JRiver are primarily tech savvy folks. I mention due to an alarming fact, it is easier to access web media through cheap dvd players/ roku, built-in apps in TV's than MC18. It should absolutely be the other way around. I have seen your previous response that MC18 was superseded, and updates are nearly free, fine- this is the time to prove that point with MC20.

BTW, at audio shows I have been promoting the fact that the largest free audio library is now on YouTube, some will soon be in 4K and High Rez.

Your foot soldier

chromaticred

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »

- An improved subtitle renderer or, at the very least, XySubFilter support.

- Call me a dreamer, but I'd love to see the ability to run online video streaming (Netflix, etc.) through MadVR.

- Menu editing.

- An option for editing tags in-menu, ie a box that comes up as opposed to the tag sidebar.

Thanks for your excellent product.

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 02:50:01 pm »

My list

* Native web-client compared to the SqueezeCenter interface, which I really miss (!!). JRemote is a nice app, but I would like to operate MC from my computer as well.
* Stability improvements (sadly, MC19 crashed for me few times). That said, diagnostics is lacking. Even if I turn on the logs, I do not see anything..
* 64-bit support and full use of installed RAM
* Don't know if MC19 make use of multi-cores, but it should - we run MC on a really serious hardware

upallnight

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 02:53:43 pm »

I use JRiver Media Center as my DVR. When I "subscribe" to a show it records every instance of that show on that channel at that time slot. That includes reruns and it does not record the show if it airs at a different time.  There should be customization when chose to subscribe to a show, like: all instances or only new, on this channel or any channel, at this time or any time, keep latest episode or X number of episodes.

Windows Media Center has been doing this since its inception, why can't JRiver Media Center be more intelligent in its recording capabilities?

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 02:54:51 pm »

I'll be buying

My current request is tighter integration with Sonos overall. DSP with DLNA would go a long way. At present, for volume levelling, I use MC to export all music to a folder (as a device) and apply volume levelling. I then use import the library into sonos. However the Sonos has a very small library size limit. It would be great if I could just control my Sonos zones from MC....

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »

I wish for a way to make all audio outputted from the computer go through JRiver MC. The applications for this are manifold. Not least of these, headphone users could eliminate headphone fatigue (via DSP) while watching youtube videos through their favorite browser.

Any hint of this feature being planned means an insta-upgrade from me.

gabrielcab

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 03:12:56 pm »

Jim as an early supporter and promoter in the high-fidelity world, may i offer a suggestion you may have already done something about, (bear in mind my suggestion a decade ago regarding perusing the high-fidelity world did come true)....

I would marshal my efforts and resources on Youtube, Netflix, Hulu and other web-based media- people are cutting the cord, moreover, those who have JRiver are primarily tech savvy folks. I mention due to an alarming fact, it is easier to access web media through cheap dvd players/ roku, built-in apps in TV's than MC18. It should absolutely be the other way around. I have seen your previous response that MC18 was superseded, and updates are nearly free, fine- this is the time to prove that point with MC20.

BTW, at audio shows I have been promoting the fact that the largest free audio library is now on YouTube, some will soon be in 4K and High Rez.

Your foot soldier

+1

huber13

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2014, 03:20:30 pm »

Will MC 20 allow me to download my LP collection directly into my regular playlists?
Dislocated Boy Blues

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2014, 03:25:32 pm »

I'd like to see some improvements to the DSP Section:
- Make the Parametric Equalizer Tab a generic effect that can be added multiple times. I'd like to have a seperate List of EQs for different "topics", so I'd add the Room Correction for the Subwoofer in "Parametric Equalizer 1", adjust the Crossovers and similiar Eqs in a seperate Tab for each of my Speakers. I'd end up with 8-9 organized tabs instead of squashing it all in 2 tabs.
- Let the user copy and paste entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Enable Multiselection for entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Give us the option to save and load the content of the Paremtric Equalizer in a documented format, so that I can write tools to ease the import process over manually entering every entry. (~10Eqs per Speaker alone for Room Correction)
- Though I know it's technically "incorrect", give us the option to define the slope of the shelving filters in db/oct. Q is the correct way, but tools like REW work with the db/oct system and having to calculate the correct q is tedious.
- Give us a way to define the number of output channels and the format independently. I would want to say I've got n channels, up/downmix to format x and then let me map the signals to the speakers. The current solution with Channel Options like "5.1 channels (inside 7.1 channel container)" feels like a dirty hack to me. What if i want 6.1 in a 7.1 channel container? I'd like more flexibility here.

I would really appreciate a WDM Driver and a loopthrough of the inputs of the output device for the JRiver ASIO Driver, so I could make measurements with ASIO and JRiver DSPs active.

Also I'd like to see foreign language metadata, especially german.

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »

Just pre-ordered MC20 for an upgrade. I hope the team will include features like

1. 'Pure Mode' (by-passing all DSP from linking and processing for direct and optimized for high performance audio playback system). I love how MC can do a lot of things with playback but I still miss the days when player only read content and play. Many audiophiles would be appreciated for this purist approach.

2. More DLNA and NAS friendly. I didn't upgrade to MC19 because the trial version doesn't allow content browsing as plug and play. My PS3 and TV can browse contents from NAS through DLNA without additional configuration. I hope new MC could be capable of that.

3. Native WDM driver support. Last version has ASIO driver for using JRiver playback which is cool and I hope the team can bridge Windows/Mac audio I/O to use aside from ASIO.

4. Improved Web UI. The default UI is hardly usable. Gizmo web UI may look modern but not very friendly. So I ended up having to build my own and use it. I love Web UI because I can just add it to Home Screen without messing with store. I hope the team will be serious about this part in next version so I can just sit back and enjoy.

It would be nice if all I requested could be realized. :)

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:59 pm »

I'd really like to have MC20 create a log file of what's been played for each session.

I use MC19 on my home entertainment system and sometimes want to make a mental note about a given track. I may be in the kitchen prepping a meal, however, and can't run over to have a look-see regarding what's playing. It would be easier for me to simply note the current time, then visit the log file later to determine which track it was that I need to do something about.

pac10coastie

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »

Your foot soldier

+ a million. Everything he said is the only thing keeping JRiver from being my one source and ditching the pre/pro all together. Would apply to all WDM audio in general, so it works with games and internet feeds. I haven't been using half of what JRiver offers since I constantly have to change settings in the pre/pro to make it all work together when changing sources. my wife has no idea how to do any of it, so basically I have it dumbed way down to make it family friendly. It drives me mad that all those tools are sitting their unused for the most part.

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2014, 03:57:51 pm »

1. 'Pure Mode' (by-passing all DSP from linking and processing for direct and optimized for high performance audio playback system). I love how MC can do a lot of things with playback but I still miss the days when player only read content and play. Many audiophiles would be appreciated for this purist approach.
Set up a "pure" zone with all the DSP Studio options disabled. Done.

3. Native WDM driver support. Last version has ASIO driver for using JRiver playback which is cool and I hope the team can bridge Windows/Mac audio I/O to use aside from ASIO.
I do hope it makes it into MC20.

flac.rules

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2014, 04:00:42 pm »

1. A skining friendly theatre-view. ( I don't know the details of what is needed, but there isn't a very active skinning community for MC)
2. The ability to add custom commands in gizmo.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2014, 04:02:22 pm »

I will be purchasing purchased MC20.  I have been using MC since I can not recall which version and I use daily.

I would like to note that I recently purchased a SONOS Connect for the simple reason that MC will not allow me to easily play radio stations.  The Tuneit App as well as the Songza app are now my family's primary sources for music.  In fact, streaming seems to be migrating from music libraries in my home (which is sad given the thousands of songs that I have).  The SONOS app is very simple to use and nice looking.  

I Use JRemote on our Ipads and Eos on my Samsung phone.  Both are great apps but not as easy to use as others that I have seen.  I would love to see MC become easier to use and nicer on the eyes and to have access to apps that will integrate with it.

just my 2 cents

dave

csimon

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »

It already does this.  Simply don't select any DSP options.  You can check that bit-perfect is being output by the colour of the Tools icon to the right of the progress bar while something is polaying - if it's blue then it's bit perfect.  You can also click on that icon to see what tranformations, if any, are being applied - this is called the Audio Path.

2. More DLNA and NAS friendly. I didn't upgrade to MC19 because the trial version doesn't allow content browsing as plug and play. My PS3 and TV can browse contents from NAS through DLNA without additional configuration. I hope new MC could be capable of that.

It already does this too, although the DLNA server has to be enabled in Media Network. Once you've done that, it doesn't need to be done again.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2014, 04:05:17 pm »

So you want a view grouped by Director but showing the movie name and sorted by move name? You can change the existing views or add new ones to do just about anything you want in Tools > Options > Theater View. However, if you are grouped by Director, then they have to be sorted by Director and not sorted by Name.

No to a view grouped by Director, I would like the view of movies grouped as they are in the Director's view (meaning 4 rows of all movies with no synopsis) as opposed to the grid/name view where you have three rows of movies and the synopsis of the highlighted movie on the right. Yes to the showing the movie name below the movie as opposed to the directors name  and sorting by the movie name like the movies are sorted in the grid/name view.

klweds

• Recent member
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2014, 04:06:44 pm »

My three requests relate directly to playback and I'd bet they'd be widely used:

1. DSP Rules. I always use Night Mode for videos and Peak Level Normalize for audio files. I wish I could write a rule that would save me from manually changing my settings. This kind of functionality is very much in line with the MC approach to custom views/zones.

2. Auto-detect video aspect ratio. Currently I have to manually select an aspect ratio for black bar cropping. I wish MC could analyze the video stream and see that there is obviously letterboxing throughout the file. It would then save the aspect ratio into the file tag and use this field for future playback.

3. More playlist (Playing Now) window configurations. For VIDEO: Top row is the player, bottom row is the playlist. This is the existing configuration, which makes sense to accommodate the widescreen video playback window. Please add AUDIO: Left column is the playlist, right column is cover art and details. This column-based view makes more sense for square cover art and allows many more playlist items to be viewed. It's basically what JRemote does. Naturally I'd like to switch between these configurations with a single click (if not an automatic rule).

MC is by far my favorite application. Thank you for creating it.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2014, 04:07:18 pm »

I'd like to see some improvements to the DSP Section:
- Make the Parametric Equalizer Tab a generic effect that can be added multiple times. I'd like to have a seperate List of EQs for different "topics", so I'd add the Room Correction for the Subwoofer in "Parametric Equalizer 1", adjust the Crossovers and similiar Eqs in a seperate Tab for each of my Speakers. I'd end up with 8-9 organized tabs instead of squashing it all in 2 tabs.
- Let the user copy and paste entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Enable Multiselection for entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Give us the option to save and load the content of the Paremtric Equalizer in a documented format, so that I can write tools to ease the import process over manually entering every entry. (~10Eqs per Speaker alone for Room Correction)
- Though I know it's technically "incorrect", give us the option to define the slope of the shelving filters in db/oct. Q is the correct way, but tools like REW work with the db/oct system and having to calculate the correct q is tedious.
- Give us a way to define the number of output channels and the format independently. I would want to say I've got n channels, up/downmix to format x and then let me map the signals to the speakers. The current solution with Channel Options like "5.1 channels (inside 7.1 channel container)" feels like a dirty hack to me. What if i want 6.1 in a 7.1 channel container? I'd like more flexibility here.

I would really appreciate a WDM Driver and a loopthrough of the inputs of the output device for the JRiver ASIO Driver, so I could make measurements with ASIO and JRiver DSPs active.

Also I'd like to see foreign language metadata, especially german.

+1 for everything here!

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2014, 04:13:32 pm »

Detachable Panes/Tabs/Windows
With the ubiquitous multiple monitor setups, there are many cases where it would be nice to be able to detach/reattach the following:
  • Action Window
  • Tag Pane
  • Display Panel
  • Custom Views
  • Tabs
  • Playing Now screens
  • Etc../

Separate status bar items (areas) for view information and progress indicators
After adjusting tags, the status bar changes to tagging progress indication and you loose the view (selection) summary.  In MC19 and below, if you are doing a lengthy tag process, the progress indication always overrides any new selection indications.  I would suggest putting the Tag Progress Indication right justified in the status bar.

sunfire7

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2014, 04:29:13 pm »

1.- Offer more bitrates for streaming, currently 64 -128 - 320kbps cbr is not ideal IMHO, maybe lame -v0 to -v5 in addition.

2.- Ability to import a song to local library when connected to a library server, in the desired format.

3.-  Aditional Invite read-only credentials to connect to library server.

4.- I know is not going to happen, but spotify/beats/rdio support
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

Pho3NiX

• Recent member
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:50 pm »

For me I'd like a quick way to add "Modifier: Full Albums" to any search result, not just smart list. Either that or some kind of "Play (Full Album)" in the right click menu.

-
I find inconsistent that if I type "SomeName" in the search file, then fuzzy search is activated and catch spelling variation (mostly accent) as well as featuring ("feat" "ft" "with" "and"), but if I let the search box complete to "SomeName (Artist)" then it switch to exact match search. I'd like autocomplete suggestion to still be fuzzy within the specified field (here artist tag) or some kind of configuration control on that.

-
+1 for DSP over DLNA.
Actually I'd like to seek over DLNA, for example for 30 min podcast.
If already implemented it's not working on all device, so it'd be nice to send a stream to dlna rendered rather than the file.

-
Subtitle offset:
The right click menu with sub-menu is really complicated while doing the trial / error method of finding proper offset. Some keyboard shortcut for "increase offset", "decrease offset" could be more adapted. Also sometime proper offset is more than +- 1000ms. Maybe this can be implemented at the same time as the lip sync audio.

-
Subtitle in "Rename, Move, Copy mode"
Sidecar .srt have the convention MovieName_subDescription.srt to go with MovieName.mp4 and show as subDescription when you select between language, hearing impairment etc.
However in "Move Mode", only MovieName.srt is recognized and moved and the other suffix are not (Either that or move mode only move the first MovieName_Suffix.srt it find, many srt is not properly supported).

klweds

• Recent member
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2014, 04:41:26 pm »

Request: way more keyboard shortcuts: analyze audio, convert format, locate file, show alternate display text, etc.

I wish for a way to make all audio outputted from the computer go through JRiver MC. The applications for this are manifold. Not least of these, headphone users could eliminate headphone fatigue (via DSP) while watching youtube videos through their favorite browser.

+1. This would be terrific.

csimon

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2014, 04:45:41 pm »

+1. This would be terrific.

Doesn't Loopback do this?  (File/Open Live).

You need to have two audio devices in your PC though.  Your PC application (e.g. Youtube) would output to the default Windows sound device, then Loopback reads this and outputs to an unused sound device via MC. 

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

Difficult for a program that is nearly perfect.

1. Text support for mid and kar files, play the kar or mid file via asio and have a window opened with the lyrics that are in the mid/kar file.
soundfont bank selectable for midi fles, I know karaoke isnt the primaly goal of MC, but it so fun and belongs in a media center for the family.
2. Color support for subtitle font for text-based subtitles (asked before by serveral users)
    Fixed subtitle offset like + or - on subtitle height. I Always have to manually set this for every movie/tv serie.
3.Multi-monitor support, detachable windows to drag to second monitor. Usable for several functions.
4, 64bit support
5. If multiple episodes excists in a season folder from a tv serie, open the subtitle srt automatically that corresponds with the episode title.

With this I can throw away several other programs which mostly dont support asio.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2014, 04:56:06 pm »

Request: way more keyboard shortcuts: analyze audio, convert format, locate file, show alternate display text, etc.

All of those things can be accomplished with MC Core Commands very easily.

dean70

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2014, 04:57:19 pm »

*  IPTV streaming support.

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2014, 05:04:09 pm »

You need to have two audio devices in your PC though.  Your PC application (e.g. Youtube) would output to the default Windows sound device, then Loopback reads this and outputs to an unused sound device via MC.
Loopback adds a lot of latency and is not usable with video playback or gaming.
Hopefully a WDM driver would significantly reduce the latency required.

klweds

• Recent member
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2014, 05:07:56 pm »

To satisfy this feature request it would need to work as a background service. My understanding is that currently you can either listen to Windows sound or MC file playback, but not both. Additionally I have never been able to get loopback to work with my optical device output; it's not visible in MC's device selection list.

connersw

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2014, 06:32:45 pm »

Matt has hinted at it before, so I really have my fingers crossed for integration in MC20.  Loopback is a great idea, but it has never worked properly for me.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:04 pm »

Loopback adds a lot of latency and is not usable with video playback or gaming.
Hopefully a WDM driver would significantly reduce the latency required.

The loopback latency really depends a lot on your settings and/or the sound device.  On my main system WASAPI loopback has very low latency and works perfectly for video games and web video.  On another PC with a driverless USB audio device the latency is more pronounced, but is good enough for non-critical web video watching, but not for video games.

The core problem is that some devices have native latency (and/or require buffers) large enough that they are already close to vitiating lip sync on their own. Adding a few more milliseconds for loopback will put them over into "unnacceptable."  For example, my USB audio device stutters with any buffer setting below 25ms or so.  In normal windows playback the device doesn't add quite enough latency to be noticeable, and is disguised in native JRiver video playback because JRiver does a certain amount of A/V sync magic.  

My experience in testing loopback with several different systems/devices, has been that if an audio device stutters without a 20-30ms buffer (or larger), one may have a hard time getting satisfactory loopback performance, because the device's native latency is already pretty high.  Your mileage may vary, obviously, but there may be some devices that no amount of software magic can "solve."

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2014, 06:51:27 pm »

multi channel to 2ch downmix feature request...

More options other than JRSS for 2 channel mixdown. Options for 'wide surround' on the downmixed rear channels for enhanced pseudo surround on 2 ch stereo.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »

JRiver WDM driver so website, games and other software can be processed through the JRiver DSP.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2014, 08:03:34 pm »

Although I unchecked all DSPs. However, they're still loaded into memory as dsp_main.dll and has runtime library linked with core program. There's still DSP routine to run and check for what to perform in DSP chain. It does exactly everything as having DSP installed except it doesn't apply any filter into DSP processing chain.

So 'Pure mode' in my understanding is to completely bypass all the works unrelated to audio playback without additional processing chain. No dsp_main.dll loaded, no DSP chain processing code executed, no play/pause/fade effects and stuff included. A clean seperated simple playback engine that doesn't even support crossfade. And many purist/minimalist people would love to try this.

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2014, 08:17:30 pm »

Many others mentioned DSP in DLNA. I concur.

Also, JRiver ASIO driver loopback doesn't work in DLNA. This is needed for DSP filters applied after JRiver, like DIRAC Live.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2014, 08:30:29 pm »

JRiver WDM driver so website, games and other software can be processed through the JRiver DSP.

[deepthroat]
It may exist already.
[/deepthroat]
JRiver CEO Elect

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2014, 08:51:30 pm »

-Spacing between cover pictures behaves different in series-view and movies-view when resizing:
   - Series-view-spacing: horizontal-spacing seems to stay quite constant, size of cover pictures does change, vertical  spacing changes too.
   - Movies-view-spacing: size of cover pictures does not change, vertical spacing seems to be constant, horizontal spacing does change.
I would like to have two options in the view options:
   - Constant-Spacing: Quite similar to spacing in series-view but vertical spacing should not change. Size of spacing should be highly configurable.
   - Constant-Cover-Pictures: Like spacing in movie-view but with option to synchronize vertical- with horizontal-spacing.

-Cover pictures for image-albums (or better for arbitrary grouping).

-Sidercard-xml files even for video-formats that support tagging(seems to be much faster and less error prone).

-Saving many tags slows application down heavily and sometimes leads to crashes/freezing.

-Remember last played track in audio books and continue there when the album is played next time.

-Changing subtitles/audiotracks during dlna playback via gizmo (maybe via transcoding if dlna does not support this).

-Cover pictures/thumbnails are often blurred out even when a high-res picture is available (depends on zoom level).

-Different settings for different libraries.

-No seperation between mobile and non-mobile views. Just a option that indicates if a view should be displayed on desktop, mobile or both.

-Cover-pictures on Gizmo take long time to load and reload very often.

-Icons/Pictures for second-level categories(e.g. Music->Interpret, Videos->Movies) on Gimzo.

-Add quick way to access "playing now" in Gizmo from every submenu.

-Webgizmo needs a refresh with a better video player (divx?).

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2014, 08:58:27 pm »

The problem about having a 64-bit binary for Windows is the lack of certain features, e.g. MadVR. Sure, it'd be great as an experimental type of feature for audio-only I'm thinking, but would probably require extensive changes to parts of the code.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers

Marcos Jose

« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2014, 09:22:54 pm »

I would like to place a feature request for improvements while handling DoP/DSD replay.

DoP/DSD replay on MC works but shows a few operational issues during track transitions and stop/pause operations. During these operations MC will output silence to external USB DAC. Problem is, at this point, MC output PCM silence instead of DSD silence, forcing the DAC to switch between modes and relaying more than actually needed.

I know it is possible to implement DSD silence. I tested this feature on Squeezelite player, and it works.

Not so sure if this DSD to PCM relay is a serious issue with each and every DAC, but it is pretty annoying with my Matrix X-Sabre USB DAC.

dean70

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:46 pm »

multi channel to 2ch downmix feature request...

More options other than JRSS for 2 channel mixdown. Options for 'wide surround' on the downmixed rear channels for enhanced pseudo surround on 2 ch stereo.

+more JRSS options for upmixing, eg: 9 or 11 channels (or even an Atmos like system  ;) ) as well as a 2nd sub lfe channel option in Room Correction with discrete level & distance settings.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2014, 10:32:25 pm »

I use JRiver Media Center as my DVR. When I "subscribe" to a show it records every instance of that show on that channel at that time slot. That includes reruns and it does not record the show if it airs at a different time.  There should be customization when chose to subscribe to a show, like: all instances or only new, on this channel or any channel, at this time or any time, keep latest episode or X number of episodes.

You do know that these settings are available via Standard View, in "Devices / Television / Recording Rules / Configure Recording" don't you?

It would be nice if they were available in Theatre View, from the Guide screen, but you would still need a keyboard to edit them, so switching over to Standard View and doing the edit isn't that hard or time consuming.

Note also that control over recording of reruns depends entirely on the information being available in your TV Guide data. Programs often aren't flagged as reruns, so MC records them anyway.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2014, 10:49:50 pm »

Subtitle offset:
The right click menu with sub-menu is really complicated while doing the trial / error method of finding proper offset. Some keyboard shortcut for "increase offset", "decrease offset" could be more adapted. Also sometime proper offset is more than +- 1000ms.

If you use the MC OSD that is available by pressing the up arrow on your keyboard or your remote while a video is playing, and if subtitles are available for that video and displaying, then you can already make changes to the subtitle offset by selecting the correct OSD Subtitle Timing menu at the bottom of the video (press up or down until the correct menu scrolls around) using the left and right arrows. Each press of an arrow changes the offset by 100ms. Changes are implemented immediately and it is easy to find the correct offset while the video is in full view. Note that the "Subtitle Timing" menu item doesn't appear until you actually have subtitles playing, so you need to select the correct subtitle file first.

Also, I did this recently and was able to add a 4500ms delay to the display of subtitles. The 1000ms limitation is only in the right click menu.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up