INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 227983 times)

cfineman

• Recent member
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2014, 08:25:40 pm »

Zones/Zone Switch already handles this.

It does but, speaking for myself, I need to be able to blast an IR code when that ZoneSwitch happens (so I can change the channel on my Integrated AMP)

wraith

• Recent member
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2014, 10:00:25 pm »

Another useful feature would be the sharing of a common library placed on a central server [e.g. NAS]. Changes can be made to the common library by different persons with the changes immediately shared to other clients that are accessing the library at the same time [like an Access DB].

I have tried this on my home server with the result being the library gets 'locked'; supposedly by the first pc that opens the library.

Also requested here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90794.0 and associated links
System: Intel Quad Core
            6Gb RAM
MC: 20.0.080

SGroth

• Recent member
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2014, 02:54:52 am »

Another useful feature would be the sharing of a common library placed on a central server [e.g. NAS]. Changes can be made to the common library by different persons with the changes immediately shared to other clients that are accessing the library at the same time [like an Access DB].

I have tried this on my home server with the result being the library gets 'locked'; supposedly by the first pc that opens the library.

Also requested here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90794.0 and associated links

+1

ghile.meare

• Recent member
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2014, 06:05:00 am »

Hullo

I Used To Love The Ability To Create Mp3 Files From Tapes With Media Center  17 And Earlier. I've Recently Noticed That Help Requires The Internet To Be Be Of Any Use To Me.
Can These Features Be Returned With A Future Version Of MC?

Can MC20 Have The Direct Capability Of Playing Bluray Discs Using Lav Splitter?

Thanks

jstach500

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2014, 08:21:46 am »

This is great software, but I have a couple of requests.

1.  For those who have 2.35 or 2.37 constant-image-height systems, it would be nice to have the option to place the OSD options within the 2.35/2.37 viewing window when watching a movie.  When I call up the OSD, it now appears at the bottom of the 16:9 screen.  This ends up being off the bottom of the screen when in 2.35/2.37 mode.  I need to switch to a 16:9 viewing mode to see it within the screen.  The option to move the progress bar up slightly on the screen would avoid this issue.  It could be implemented as a check box for 16:9 vs. 2.35/2.37, or it could be implemented as a more general ability to slide the OSD up to any desirable position on the screen.

2.  I think this has been discussed over the years, but it would be nice to be able to view items within stacks in theater view.

My thanks to the JRiver team for continually working to improve their product.

vblynn

« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2014, 08:40:19 am »

The ability to play encrypted, play once, channels with my Ceton tuner.  I would like to move completely off of WMC being that MC is next gen and WMC is stuck where it's at.

strend

• Recent member
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2014, 10:18:24 am »

Timed Lyrics please!

Theater View needs an aesthetic update.  I mean, it's functional and gets the job done, but pretty sells.  And pretty is.....pretty.  I'll admit it -I miss the bling of Media Browser sometimes.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2014, 12:20:40 pm »

Prevent podcasts from re-downloading files when the RSS feed changes, if it still points to the same files.
Media Center re-downloaded more than 50GB this week when one of the sites I subscribe to changed their RSS backend.
The feed was changed, but it still pointed to the same location on the server.
As an update to this, the site is still having problems with their RSS feed generator, so the same handful of videos have probably re-downloaded six or seven times now.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »

I'd like to see the "Get Movie & TV Info" window open with the cursor in the search bar from the start, and have the current title selected so one could just begin typing.

Next build:
Changed: The Get Movie & TV Info dialog starts with the search box selected and focused.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2014, 01:52:56 pm »

Any chance for 7.1 height channels?

When I upmix with JRSS it won't play 7.1 unless I set my receiver to use surround 7.1 and then manually mix in PEQ.  But this makes movies play wrong, since I use height channels not side surround

Thx

Al ex

Re: AW: Re: Feature requests
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2014, 04:09:02 pm »

+1 !!

csimon

« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2014, 04:30:59 pm »

Another idea:

An easy-to-use editor for creating custom visualisations/display view. I have tried to get a simple cover display on the right hand side of a 16:9 screen, rotated and with a dropped reflection just like the standard cover art view, and with track info in an attractive font on the left, but I just can't work out what all the parameters mean and can't get anything positioned as I want it.

dean70

« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »

+ option to auto detect the Aspect Ratio of a movie and enable 2:35 & 2:40 accordingly. At the moment you have to go in each time and manually change the AR from the menus.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2014, 05:19:12 pm »

sskings

Send albums as gapless to DLNA
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »

Please, please.....

Allow albums of individual flac files to be sent to DLNA as a single gapless track.

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2014, 06:45:49 pm »

I've been with you guys since version 12 and have upgraded every year.  The one thing that I would like to see and I wanted to see since the beginning is for you guys to become social.  Currently the most social thing you have about jrivers can be found at http://accessories.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php.  It allows you to download skins and plugins.  But to no ones surprise that page has very few addons.  I actually think it has the same ones from when I started 12 years ago. 

Let's make it easy to share and rate the following items:
1. smartlists
2. Library views
3. skins
4. add-ons
5. webgizmo, webremote, and webplay

I can just dream of an interface that would allow me to easily upload that stuff and also easily download it.  It's my belief that it will create a whole never environment for jrivers users.  I can only imagine some of the things that your user base has created but we will never get a chance to see it.  My imagination only goes so far when it comes to the above features and I would like to see what other people have thought of. 

Fabith

• Recent member
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2014, 07:56:20 pm »

Add externar filters (like FFdshow) to Video Playback ¿?

More Subtitle options (like Color, shadow and etc) ¿?

Use JRiver Audio Engine like a "Virtual Sound Card" ¿?

Grooveshark Support ¿?

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2014, 08:43:00 pm »

Auto-greneration of video particles from MKV chapters.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2014, 08:54:58 pm »

DSD (DSF) sound quality improvements!  Even though MC 19's DSD (DSF) sound quality is very nice at present, I feel Korg's new AudioGate 3.02 sounds slightly better than MC19 with high-end audio system.  I do not know the deteils of the difference between the two, but really hope you could incorporate DSD (DSF) sound quality improvement with MC20.  Today, I purchased the upgrade license, and very much looking forward to trying MC20 very soon.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2014, 09:04:03 pm »

Maybe technically difficult, but I would like to request "audio track up-sampling playback of video clips, such as mp4" !  It would be really nice if we could have up-sampling playback of audio track of mp4 up to 5.6 MHz DSD completely synchronizing with video image (movie image) playback.

« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2014, 09:21:02 pm »

Maybe technically difficult, but I would like to request "audio track up-sampling playback of video clips, such as mp4" !  It would be really nice if we could have up-sampling playback of audio track of mp4 up to 5.6 MHz DSD completely synchronizing with video image (movie image) playback.
You can upsample audio with video playback, but not to DSD. I upsample everything to 192kHz PCM for example.

Daydream

« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:51 pm »

I'm waiting and waiting and nobody says anything, so I'll give it one more shout out (although there's probably a few beta team members that can explain it better): full implementation of IPTC core/Extension for photos please.

Every time I see that fields like "places" are still there I'm thinking "well, not this version either". It's been 8 years. And the current status of DAMs out there is not too great; offering a complete implementation backed by MC dbase power may look appealing.

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2014, 12:10:03 am »

What I would like to see is better documentation not the piecemeal WIKI approach. I would like to be able to group albums into one composer album folder that will open to another screen showing all the albums with the album icons under that composer. I can not find a clear way of doing this if it can be done.   

aproc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #223 on: August 05, 2014, 02:08:53 am »

I would like to have either of the functionalities below:

1. JRiver MC can be used as an audio renderer in a directshow player like MPC-HC.

OR

2. JRiver MC can provide all the video related controls as offered in MPC-HC, like shader processing, Pan & Scan keys (all combinations), madVR's seekbar in fullscreen exclusive mode etc.

notred

• Recent member
« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2014, 03:39:25 am »

Configuration buttons for Gizmo in order to control other equipments... ;D

csimon

« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2014, 03:45:15 am »

What I would like to see is better documentation not the piecemeal WIKI approach. I would like to be able to group albums into one composer album folder that will open to another screen showing all the albums with the album icons under that composer. I can not find a clear way of doing this if it can be done.   

Investigate creating custom views.  Create a category view with Composer as the top level item, then the next level will be Album.

m0re

« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2014, 04:04:30 am »

First of all. Great piece of software. As for features which I would love to see added:

1. Gizmo related. Support for more bitrates or alternative formats when streaming. Something like Lame -V4 would be nice.
The problem is that 128kbps mp3 sounds like crap on many tracks and 320kbps eats up my monthly data pool too fast.

2. Gizmo related. Support for pre-buffering playlists (including the 4-5 star smartlist). And support for placing the buffer on external SD card.
I tried playing my 4-5 star smartlist via wifi at home and I can see the files on my phone. But it keeps streaming from home.

3. MC related. Add video shapening the filter path and some sort of profile switcher.
I have a Panasonic plasma and a JVC D-ILA projector and I have added FFDShow to my filter path, so that I can optimze the picture on either display.

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2014, 05:04:25 am »

Investigate creating custom views.  Create a category view with Composer as the top level item, then the next level will be Album.

You pointed me in the right direction, seems to work now. I have been using j.River for some time and without some clear quick user guides that would be helpful; it just takes so much time to figure what steps are needed to get the library function to work to way I would like to see. JRiver is still not all straight forward to use. I listen to music not to figure out someone else approach in coding.  You could possibly give someone a free license to write some clear user guides.    Thank you

Financisto

• Recent member
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2014, 06:05:13 am »

Please add the possibility to move the parts of the collection (or the whole collection) to another folder or drive. Of course I can just move the folders, delete from MC and after that add to MC from new location, but in case of huge collections it will take me very long time (because I can't just add a bunch of folders, I have to add a particular CUE file and than again search for covers..).

csimon

« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2014, 06:40:43 am »

Please add the possibility to move the parts of the collection (or the whole collection) to another folder or drive. Of course I can just move the folders, delete from MC and after that add to MC from new location, but in case of huge collections it will take me very long time (because I can't just add a bunch of folders, I have to add a particular CUE file and than again search for covers..).

Investigate Library Tools - Rename/Move/Copy files, you can replace any part of the filename with another on the selected files and files will be moved for you. It won't move associated external files though, such as cover art, cue files, sidecar files (hence my request of page 1 I think for it to be changed to do this, and others have asked for it too), so one way to do this afterwards (if the folder structure below the changed part of the path is the same) is just move the remaining folders with Windows.

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2014, 11:34:01 am »

I would like further development/features of JRSS. Like switchable move/music-mode for instance, and generally more control of the JRSS parameters.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:29 pm »

Output Format > Channels > 1 Channel (inside a 5.1 container) - One needs to mix to mono with JRSS for pro audio situations like churches, concerts, yard parties, outdoor house speakers. You can't currently mix to mono and then copy to other channels.

Parametric Equalizer > Channel Names - The ability to rename channels would be very helpful. For active mains, it is hard to keep track of Left, Right, Center as your left speaker and Subwoofer, Left Surround, Right Surround as your right speaker. It would be better if we could just name the channels and then these names were used for both Parametric Equalizers and Analyzer. Since the Room Correction DSP sometimes is used for the input in an active system, I suggest allowing one to toggle whether or not to use Channel Names.

Convolution 2 - You could make it so only one Convolution was active, but having a second set would make switching between filters for comparison much easier and allow one to switch between them with a remote button using the "NEW: Added MCWS/v1/DSP/Set function for turning a DSP on or off." If both could be active, I would experiment with one for active speakers and the other for room correction. These two uses of Convolution don't always work with a single filter.

DwestSeattle

• Recent member
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »

I would love for JR MC 20 to make setting up TV/DVR service much much easier.  I would appreciate anything you can do to make installing a cablecard tuner from my provider into my HTPC and have all the scanning, mapping of program guides to channels, automated.

Last I did this in JR MC it was very time consuming and frustrating using a SiliconDust HDHR.  Had to pick different settings and scan first in the HDHR software, then in JR MC, and if you didn't pick the right setting it wouldn't work, and then you have to map the program guide channel list to the channel numbers from your provider which was an enormous headache.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2014, 02:16:11 pm »

BBC iplayer support please....

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2014, 02:26:23 pm »

This is great software, but I have a couple of requests.

1.  For those who have 2.35 or 2.37 constant-image-height systems, it would be nice to have the option to place the OSD options within the 2.35/2.37 viewing window when watching a movie.  When I call up the OSD, it now appears at the bottom of the 16:9 screen.  This ends up being off the bottom of the screen when in 2.35/2.37 mode.  I need to switch to a 16:9 viewing mode to see it within the screen.  The option to move the progress bar up slightly on the screen would avoid this issue.  It could be implemented as a check box for 16:9 vs. 2.35/2.37, or it could be implemented as a more general ability to slide the OSD up to any desirable position on the screen.

2.  I think this has been discussed over the years, but it would be nice to be able to view items within stacks in theater view.

My thanks to the JRiver team for continually working to improve their product.

+1 to 1. I opened a thread about this about 6 months ago. obviously been an strange year, but would love this in v20.

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »

Parametric Equalizer > Channel Names - The ability to rename channels would be very helpful. For active mains, it is hard to keep track of Left, Right, Center as your left speaker and Subwoofer, Left Surround, Right Surround as your right speaker. It would be better if we could just name the channels and then these names were used for both Parametric Equalizers and Analyzer. Since the Room Correction DSP sometimes is used for the input in an active system, I suggest allowing one to toggle whether or not to use Channel Names.

+1

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »

1. gizmo views and theaterviews sync'd
2. chromecast to show gizmo\theaterview on the tv's the chromecast is plugged into, so the whole family can see what is available not just the user holding the phone (if possible)
3. same options available as in audio conversion..specifically the ability to delete original file and replace with converted file/replace original on disk (helps those of us with fuller drives.) discussed here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90039.msg619222#msg619222
4. the option for us to have online media accounts and access them fully (netflix..see all genres/all movies) hulu, amazon. anything where we can subscribe and have access to large online media from within theaterview/gizmo. discussed a bit here (i'm aware you have no control over this, but perhaps there are other sources?)  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88254.msg613198#msg613198
5. bluray menu support
6. gizmo/theaterview sleep timer

sjhilton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2014, 04:23:27 am »

Hi,

If possible I would like to have the ability to set a 'reference volume' higher than 100. In part to address the issues identified in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89579.0

I have a DAC that is 'noisy' if the receiver is set at a high volume (I get a bit of hiss). If I am able to set the 'reference volume' higher than 100 then the volume can still be calibrated, but at lower than 83dB. Perhaps a rough formula could be provided on the wiki for this?

If anyone needs any further explanation please let me know.

Looking forward to the new builds. Especially the WDM driver so I can ditch WASAPI loopback.

thanks

Stuart

pete86

• Recent member
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:05 am »

It would be wonderful if you could allow touchpad/mouse gestures for "Back" and "Forward" to work the same as they do in web browsers. I know I can use the alt-left and alt-right shortcuts, but those aren't as intuitive as using the same gestures that we can use in browsers and other apps.

pete86

• Recent member
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2014, 08:36:42 am »

It would be great if the resize thumbnail slider can be synced to every view. I prefer having consistency between the views and it's currently pretty hard to get them all to the exact same setting, and very easy to change it by mistake.

weirdo12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:16 am »

I liked the way you could adjust the volume adjustment value used by Replay Gain in MC18. Any chance the ~-23dB value used by Volume Leveling could become a user configurable value in MC20?

Adaptive Volume is only when you want the current playlist to be played as loud as possible. (while avoiding clipping)
If you are using peak normalization and have a playlist where the maximum peak volume is -10dB, it will boost the volume of all tracks in the playlist by +10dB for example.
I personally dislike adaptive volume, because it means that you have to change the volume control each time you start playing something new.

Perhaps this needs to be made clearer somehow.

Volume Leveling (without Adaptive Volume) tries to normalize the volume of all tracks around a fixed level of -23 dB. (technically Loudness Units, or LU, when talking about R128 values)
This means that playback could be considerably quieter, but -23dB gives you enough headroom that it should mean all tracks are able to be normalized to the same value.
With everything normalized to -23 dB, in theory, you would never have to touch Media Center's volume control again.

When you have a playlist of mixed tracks, they are individually adjusted to play at -23dB. (or as close as possible - perceptual analysis is very hard to get completely right)
If you are playing albums rather than a mixed playlist, the average value for the whole album is adjusted to -23dB, rather than adjusting each track individually, so that album dynamics are preserved.

When the two are combined, volume leveling normalizes the volume of all tracks (to -23dB) and then adaptive volume increases the volume of that normalized playlist to be as loud as possible. (e.g. +10dB if the maximum peak level in the playlist is still -10dB)

Files need to be analyzed for either of these features to work well.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2014, 10:07:03 am »

I liked the way you could adjust the volume adjustment value used by Replay Gain in MC18. Any chance the ~-23dB value used by Volume Leveling could become a user configurable value in MC20? 
+1 on this request.   Would be nice to change the value and then re-analyze our files.

Also would be nice if JRiver was in modules - Audio, Video, Pictures.   For those of us who just want Audio, will only have to pay for the audio module.  If we want video later on, we can purchase it.

renpetra

• Recent member
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:22 am »

A Audio only version please.
Or the posibility when you install the program to choose between full version or audio only version.

With regards rene jacobs

The netherlands

« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:22 pm »

+1 on this request.   Would be nice to change the value and then re-analyze our files.
It shouldn't be necessary to re-analyze the tracks if the leveling target changes.

The spec calls for a strict -23dB, so I am hesitant to change from it. If you have less than 23dB headroom available, it is likely to cause leveling to sound uneven - which was a big problem with the old ReplayGain system.

What I have requested before though would be a change to the way that Internal Volume is processed so that reducing it below 100% gives you more headroom when Volume Leveling is active.
Reducing the volume by 7dB should reduce the target from -23 to -30dB for example. (and video playback requires at least 30dB headroom)

Currently Volume Leveling results can be uneven if a track requires more than 23dB headroom - even if you have the Internal Volume control at a low level.

A Audio only version please.
Or the posibility when you install the program to choose between full version or audio only version.
Search for "features" in the options window. You can completely disable the video/image/document features.

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2014, 02:22:09 pm »

Here's another idea/request:

The ability to share only a playlist or album via a webgizmo link. IE, "hey check out this album: " and the link connects to your library, but limits the ability of the end user to Rickroll your zones.

Big +1 on this  ;D

jandjd

• Recent member
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2014, 02:36:22 pm »

Looking forward to MC20...Some things that I would like to see, fanart or movie art from library to show on main screen when in theater view that continually changes. An easy way to choose the item bar position  in theater view, a way to  stack a group of movies, such as  the harry potter series, with collection art in the movie section in theater view.  Thanks for a great product.

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2014, 02:50:18 pm »

I suppose it is a feature , I am requesting.
I believe the MC is getting too big and complicated, specially with all the feature requests here.
Why don't you modularise it.
I mean when you are installing, it should ask you " tick modules you need"
and then there should be, "Audio "  - "Video " - "streaming" - "DSP" - "internet services" - etc.
So one can only install what they need, and keep things simpler. If one needs more in the future, they could go back and install the modules they need.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
Bookmarks and dynamic playlists
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2014, 03:36:17 pm »

1. Bookmarks
I would love to have bookmarks while playing a movie, especially bluray titles. Multiple bookmarks and enabling jumps to successive bookmarks (like chapters) would be great.

2. Dynamic playlists
Ability to create a playlist from the bookmarks would be very welcome. I regularly listen to HDMA video songs and there are few songs in every album that I regularly listen to (and the list keeps growing). Now you see where I am going with this feature set .. if I can create bookmarks and create a playlist from these bookmarks it would play seamlessly instead of me trying to stop and reposition the time marker manually.
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

Al ex

Re: AW: Re: Feature requests
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2014, 03:37:44 pm »

Big +1 on this  ;D
Like this a lot. +1

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »

I post this every new version, but *PLEASE* can you enable mouseover description for files other than videos?

I've got all my audiobooks tagged nicely with description, but this still doesn't work...

Matt???

-Leezer-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up