INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having issues with Media Network - MC20 [SOLVED]  (Read 1968 times)

vlllc

• Recent member
Having issues with Media Network - MC20 [SOLVED]
« on: August 24, 2014, 12:29:55 pm »

So I have setup the media network with the exact same settings as I had in MC19 in my MC20 installation and have an issue when I use MC20 where the playback stops about halfway through the TV show on my PlayStation 3 (PS3) during playback. Not sure what more information you may need to help with this issue but let me know if you need any.

Attatched file is a screen shot of the DLNA settings I have.

Edit:

Shorter shows that have runtimes around 20 minutes don't have this issue. Will test the movies next.

vlllc

• Recent member
Re: Having issues with Media Network - MC20
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:10:54 pm »

Forgot to update this. It was an issue with my firewall. I set it to the wrong port number.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 01:45:14 am »

Copied from the Media Center 20.0.20 thread, where discussion is not allowed.

Media Network wont stream audio with the video (streaming TV shows to PS3). This only happens in MC20 and since the 20.0.17 build. Video still streams fine just no audio is even received by the PS3 console.

Are those your DLNA settings for the PS3 still? Because it doesn't look like the PS3 supports H.264 video with LPCM audio. I assume you are outputting LPCM with video, since you are with audio. See Movie & video file types for PS3.

Regardless, check the DLNA video settings for the PS3, since the defaults may have changed in MC20.0.20. Also check the MC Audio Path while playing a video, and see what it says it is outputting.

But I'm no expert on formats, and I don't have a PS3 to test with. However, if the above are your PS3 DLNA settings still, I would be changing the audio format to AAC and see if that fixes the problem. If yes, then experiment with the best video and audio the PS3 will accept.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

vlllc

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 05:41:35 pm »

No they are unrelated issues. This thread was an issue with my firewall in the end, which I resolved (as i posted above).  I had MC20 streaming fine for a while then the 20.0.17 build came out and it just stopped audio streaming. I have the exact same settings for both MC19 and MC20. MC20 won't stream audio with the video. Using the same settings in MC19 will stream the audio with the video.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Having issues with Media Network - MC20 [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »

It could still be a firewall problem.  Firewall settings for MC19 won't affect MC20.

vlllc

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 03:10:30 pm »

I have removed MC19 and setup MC20 to go through the MC19 ports and still have the issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:26:05 pm »

Your security software may allow ports to be used for one app but not another.
Pages: [1]   Go Up