INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: maintaining setting while putting in new version  (Read 1159 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
maintaining setting while putting in new version
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:34:07 pm »

I have never been able to figure out how to load a new version, e.g, mc20 from mc19, without doing the following: load mc20 and manually load and point to library locations.  Is there any way to automatically point to the library locations
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: maintaining setting while putting in new version
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »

When you install MC20, it will find and use your old library, but put the library files in a different location.  This allows both versions to be used independently.

Uninstall the old version when you're happy with the new one.

You can also back up your library and settings in the old one and restore in the new one.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:35 pm »

Thanks Jim,  I switched over to MC20 today, but I had to set one of the settings by hand and I had to find my libraries and manually load them

I keep the default library "empty" and rename it "empty" because it is required to be stored in a location not normally backed up (appdata).  So I have created a new location for my libraries and store and maintain my cover folder and my libraries there.  The libraries and locations are not detected by MC when I install a new version.  The location of the cover folder is detected and changed.

Also, the settings for configuring auto import do not appear to be carried over.  Everything else seems to have worked fine.

Just minor things.  For JRiver's info.  Hopefully, I've given you some useful info.
John

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:43:15 pm »

When you install a new major version, it automatically imports the old Library and makes a new copy for the new installation.  It does NOT import all of your settings automatically, however.

But, you didn't have to do all that.  Jim's third sentence...

You can also back up your library and settings in the old one and restore in the new one.

If you do the backup and restore from the previous major version, it can restore all settings, including the list of loaded Libraries and their names.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jack wallstreet

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:35 am »

Thank you.  That seems simple and I should have thought of that.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up