INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy  (Read 79317 times)

dean70

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Too Easy
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2014, 11:46:14 pm »

Save cover art to file.

When I copy mp4 files to tablet I need the cover art.

Thanks

You can do that already - look under Options/File Locations - Cover Art

Fabith

• Recent member
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2014, 01:29:19 am »

Add a button to on or off all kind of DSP processing.

Add an "artwork view" and a button to see the playlist in the mini mode.

MusicHawk

« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2014, 11:30:11 am »

Allow a smartlist custom layout to be applied to a view, and vice versa.

Apparently there are technical reasons why this is (currently) not allowed, but to a user there's no visible difference between a view and a playlist/smartlist so why must their layout be separately customized? It's frustrating to create the perfect personal layout, then not be able to use it in any list, as desired.

It shouldn't be necessary to workaround this by ignoring most of the built-in views, instead recreating them as smartlists that select ALL tracks but with the user's custom layout.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2014, 11:45:14 am »

Changing names does a couple of unwanted things as well.

It breaks translations.

It makes old instructions in the wiki or on the forum obsolete.

I don't think it's a good idea to tidy them up unless they are clearly wrong.

All very true. But if what you said were 100% set in stone, new features wouldn't be added. It is about weighing the pros and cons and coming to a sensible decision. As it stands there are countless new users complaining about the "lack of" documentation. So from my perspective you can do one of 2 things:

- create formal documentation that is always in sync with the product
- make the program easier to use so it isn't needed as much

I think leaving it as is makes it harder for those people that are supposed to be helped by the things you said. Also, making the changes is much less than an hour. The rest of the time could be spent doing a wiki search for the exact terms and replacing them there. Or if you like, I will take on that responsibility and see it gets done. I would also leave the "old menu" terminology in the wiki so it would reduce confusion.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »

1) Presets for the Move / Copy Fields function like we have for Rename, Move & Copy.

2) In Rename, Move & Copy, can we have an overwrite warning if the name of a new preset is identical to an existing one?

Do this immediately. What a great idea by a fantastic young mind.
:)

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2014, 01:34:49 pm »

How about a small tweak to the bottom status line?

When I am listening (and rating) music while also editing my collection the status line is almost always hijacked with 'Done saving tag changes.' or 'Saving tag changes (1 remaining). By Refreshing or changing views I can sometimes get a quick flash of the actual status before it is again taken over with tagging status.

Would there be a simple way to combine the two types of status Info?

Such as:

Done saving tag changes. - 12074 Files (2.3 TB -35.4 days)

Saving tag changes (1 remaining) - I Was A Fool (FLAC - 3:24 - 42.4 MB)

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

I would like to see:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Rating Weight Bias

This would allow happiness and joy for all this holiday season because the rating star system could be adjusted to our liking.  ;D

In my case I would add a +.5 bias to the average star display. The MC default cutoff is 1.00 - 2.00 - 3.00... so an average rating of 2.88 displays as **. I'd very much like it to display *** stars if avg is in the range from 2.5 - 3.5.

I agree completely.

I've asked for it before, but I'll mention it again... What I would like is: Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Rating Weight Bias that defaults to zero (which preserves current behavior) but allows you to select integers in the range -3 to +3 (or maybe -5 to +5 but that seems unnecessary).

I'd set it to -1 and then Play Doctor would consider my two-star rated tracks what it considers 3 star/unrated, and I think it would improve the behavior of Play Doctor with my system of rating.

It looks like this small tweak actually takes care of a couple of small usability issues.

I've been home with the flu the last couple of days and I had the chance to update all my views with colored rating stars and it looks great, and I'm thrilled. but...

It would make my holiday dreams come true if I could just bias the avg stars up a 1/2 point or so, then sugar plum fairies could do their dances.

Happy holidays to all!

P.S. This thread is one of your best ideas! I'm impressed by how many small things have been accomplished. MC's getting a nice polished feel. Good Work!

masterful

• Recent member
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2014, 07:02:29 am »

had requested this before but would like to bring it up again, having live thumbnails when mousing over the seek bar while playing video would be very helpful in jumping to a specific scene in the video. youtube has an example of that feature with their player.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2014, 10:43:56 am »

had requested this before but would like to bring it up again, having live thumbnails when mousing over the seek bar while playing video would be very helpful in jumping to a specific scene in the video. youtube has an example of that feature with their player.
+1

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2014, 01:54:33 pm »

Display the time a video would jump to if one left clicked while mousing over the seek bar. For example, the video is playing at 5:37 in from the start. I bring my mouse over to the seek bar, and track along it. It gives me a live readout of how far along I have gone. I get to 1:12:00, and I click. That's where the movie jumps to.

Live thumbnail would also be brilliant, but not sure it's less than an hour.

Do if possible

Al ex

Re: Re: Too Easy
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2014, 01:58:20 pm »

Display the time a video would jump to if one left clicked while mousing over the seek bar. For example, the video is playing at 5:37 in from the start. I bring my mouse over to the seek bar, and track along it. It gives me a live readout of how far along I have gone. I get to 1:12:00, and I click. That's where the movie jumps to.

Live thumbnail would also be brilliant, but not sure it's less than an hour.
Very good idea!

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2014, 02:52:37 pm »

Display the time a video would jump to if one left clicked while mousing over the seek bar.

+1. I constantly play seek bar roulette trying to get to a particular part of a movie if the bookmark gets "lost".

MusicHawk

« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2014, 03:20:45 pm »

Changing names does a couple of unwanted things as well.

It breaks translations.

It makes old instructions in the wiki or on the forum obsolete.

I don't think it's a good idea to tidy them up unless they are clearly wrong.

But... this thread begins with this statement: Suggest a change that will make MC easier to use

I can't think of anything more important than a clear and consistent UI. Most apps that are deemed "hard to use" have a UI problem, and the menus are where that happens. If menus and terminology are inconsistent, unclear, confusing, users make mistakes, waste time, give up. That's the the opposite of "easier to use".

Certainly, trivial changes shouldn't be made, but a one-time thorough clean up of the inconsistent and confusing terms, menus, dialogs, would then require just a one-time edit of wiki aspects, then it's done. If tooltips or "i" button could be provided in menus, it would be the perfect place to state the old menu wording plus additional explanation. MC has undergone several architectural changes over the years (leaving behind certain visualizations and plug-ins, for instance, changing database structure, etc, etc) and even a name change (MJ to MC). Now might be the time to fix the user-interface side.

Perhaps those who used translated MC could comment, but likely it's not word-for-word. It might even be that some translated menus are already clearer than the english-language wording.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2014, 04:15:33 pm »

But... this thread begins with this statement: Suggest a change that will make MC easier to use

I can't think of anything more important than a clear and consistent UI. Most apps that are deemed "hard to use" have a UI problem, and the menus are where that happens. If menus and terminology are inconsistent, unclear, confusing, users make mistakes, waste time, give up. That's the the opposite of "easier to use".

Certainly, trivial changes shouldn't be made, but a one-time thorough clean up of the inconsistent and confusing terms, menus, dialogs, would then require just a one-time edit of wiki aspects, then it's done. If tooltips or "i" button could be provided in menus, it would be the perfect place to state the old menu wording plus additional explanation. MC has undergone several architectural changes over the years (leaving behind certain visualizations and plug-ins, for instance, changing database structure, etc, etc) and even a name change (MJ to MC). Now might be the time to fix the user-interface side.

Perhaps those who used translated MC could comment, but likely it's not word-for-word. It might even be that some translated menus are already clearer than the english-language wording.

I have to agree.

Translations are probably already more consistent. And if not, well, they should be consistent too; the translators (thanks, guys) will get around to them eventually, but if they don't, it doesn't make non-English language versions of MC less usable than they are now.
As for the Wiki: Much of it is already out of date - despite the efforts of the contributors, whom I really appreciate.

I think this should be considered carefully before dismissing, or better yet, implementing.

These are not the kinds of reasons to prevent a decent step forward in usability. Sometimes a bit of intelligent design is required where evolution has gone too far in a wayward direction.

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2014, 04:52:51 pm »

In Rename, Move & Copy, can we have the Directories/Filename default based on media subtype.

I am currently doing a lot of cleanup and have forgot to change my preset a few times.
It would also help in cases where I have series with a couple of movies thrown in.
I wouldn't have to remember to split them out and do rename twice.

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2014, 04:58:35 pm »

In Online Media slideshow, would it be possible to allow changing of the field used to search with.

Not sure what is used now but with some music I get some pretty strange pictures.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2014, 05:07:33 pm »

In Rename, Move & Copy, can we have the Directories/Filename default based on media subtype.

I am currently doing a lot of cleanup and have forgot to change my preset a few times.
It would also help in cases where I have series with a couple of movies thrown in.
I wouldn't have to remember to split them out and do rename twice.

This would be good, except one may have selected a bunch of files for the same destiniation with a variety of media types and subtypes.

hedude100

« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2014, 05:28:57 pm »

Please add "Live TV" to Andriod Gizmo. I understand this means JRiver MC must transcode jtv to mp4 or VP9 before sending it to Android gizmo. Is it correct? Thanks!

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2014, 07:32:20 am »

This would be good, except one may have selected a bunch of files for the same destiniation with a variety of media types and subtypes.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to override it if necessary.
As it is now I am constantly changing the preset.
I am assuming most people always send stuff to the same place.
If you always send multiple types to the same place you could set your presets appropriately.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Change the theater view slideshow....
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2014, 09:20:03 pm »

when playing music to display pictures of  all artists separated by a comma or semicolon.  It will show if using the ampersand, but this messes with other counters used.  Otherwise only the first listed artist is shown.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Change the theater view slideshow....
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2015, 10:33:41 am »

when playing music to display pictures of  all artists separated by a comma or semicolon.  It will show if using the ampersand, but this messes with other counters used.  Otherwise only the first listed artist is shown.

Could you describe what you're looking for in a bit more detail?

What is the list of artists stored in?  Is there something that's loading the list of artists to display art?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2015, 10:56:03 am »

I don't know if this was the right thing, but it's something!

Next build:
NEW: Theater View artist backdrops load from the entire list of artists for a track instead of only the first artist.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2015, 11:36:03 am »

Matt,

While on this specific topic, could you:

1)add an option to specify a local source for the HT images: a random library image from a playlist, a smartlist, or a search back to MC with the search terms used by online media, a random image from MC library etc.

x google
x last.fm
x HTbackdrop
x (local): smartlist#7
x (local):  query MC, return library images that match search terms

The same checkboxes are there  to specify either online, local, or a mix of both  sources for the images pulled for Home theater Mode.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2015, 12:08:20 pm »

All very true. But if what you said were 100% set in stone, new features wouldn't be added. It is about weighing the pros and cons and coming to a sensible decision. As it stands there are countless new users complaining about the "lack of" documentation. So from my perspective you can do one of 2 things:

- create formal documentation that is always in sync with the product
- make the program easier to use so it isn't needed as much

I think leaving it as is makes it harder for those people that are supposed to be helped by the things you said. Also, making the changes is much less than an hour. The rest of the time could be spent doing a wiki search for the exact terms and replacing them there. Or if you like, I will take on that responsibility and see it gets done. I would also leave the "old menu" terminology in the wiki so it would reduce confusion.

I do remember that I had to mentally create a rote action that corresponded to MC's somewhat ambiguous definiitions of Tags, File Properties, etc.

I do think that gvanbrunt's proposal is still somewhat ambiguous, so I would propose:

- Update File Tags from Library Properties
- Update Library Properties from File Tags

kstuart

« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2015, 12:14:33 pm »

An Option with default to current behavior, to:

Not change Standard View display to "Recently Imported" playlist after an Import.

(That would save me from having to click BACK after every Import, in order to return to what I was doing.)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2015, 02:03:17 pm »

I do think that gvanbrunt's proposal is still somewhat ambiguous,

Mine isn't ambiguous if it is under a parent menu item called Update MetaData. You would navigate to Update Metadata->Update Library (from files).  In fact that is better because most people have no clue what the difference is between a file tag or library field. They just know they want to update the files metadata from the library etc. Technical terms are good for us techies, but for most people they are just confusing. And as a techie, I know what is going to happen without having the exact technical names of "each end" anyway. Finally, it isn't even correct to specify the term File Tag. This info is stored in sidecars in many cases and that is not tags. That would confuse techies and average joe's alike.

beginner44

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2015, 02:35:25 pm »

Have the "Language" tags with the languages of the different channels available (such as Eng, Fra, Esp, Deu...)

more specifics here : http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90459.0

thanks in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2015, 02:53:54 pm »

An Option with default to current behavior, to:

Not change Standard View display to "Recently Imported" playlist after an Import.

(That would save me from having to click BACK after every Import, in order to return to what I was doing.)

I don't see the program switch me to Recently Imported unless I click 'Details' on the Action Window.

Huh?

dean70

« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

I don't see the program switch me to Recently Imported unless I click 'Details' on the Action Window.

Huh?

Clicking Details after import shows the dialog box with the library changes and changes the view to the Recently Imported playlist. You should be able to view the details dialog to confirm imports without changing the view (and also refresh the current view after import completes to show additions).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2015, 03:29:39 pm »

Clicking Details after import shows the dialog box with the library changes and changes the view to the Recently Imported playlist. You should be able to view the details dialog to confirm imports without changing the view (and also refresh the current view after import completes to show additions).

That's a pretty minor gripe.  I mean, you're clicking Details so it's not too crazy to show you the list of details.  You can click 'Back' if that's not a view you want and you'll be right where you were.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2015, 03:41:35 pm »

While you're on the subject of minor gripes,  ::) is there any way to keep the pop-up cover art from popping up while I'm scrolling through my file lists in Standard View >Video>Files? I don't really need to see the cover art at all in this view.

Every time I use the mouse to move/scroll down a couple of rows, where ever the mouse pointer rests brings up the cover art for that file. Then  can't see what I looking for unless I click over on the side line somewhere to make the popup disappear.

It would be better if the cover art popup only happened when I hover over the art's "Icon" rather than anywhere on the file line.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2015, 03:51:17 pm »

Huh?

Maybe kstuart was talking about importing by ripping?  If you're ripping a CD it automatically forces you into recently imported at the conclusion of the rip whether you click anything or not. It frequently catches me by surprise as I'll start a rip and move on to other tagging activities only to lose focus mid sentence.  I assume that was the behavior that was being described?  That's the only way the gripe makes sense (and it's one of my own long-standing gripes as I rip a lot of CDs)

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2015, 07:35:15 pm »

Hi Kstuart, mwillems,

As for ripping, it is the results of the option in Tools>Options>CD, DVD & BD>CD Ripping>Rip Complete Options>Show recently ripped playlist after ripping.
I unchecked this and am not bothered anymore, just kept the 'Eject CD after ripping' option ticked, so that I know rip is done.

Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2015, 08:05:52 pm »

Hi Kstuart, mwillems,

As for ripping, it is the results of the option in Tools>Options>CD, DVD & BD>CD Ripping>Rip Complete Options>Show recently ripped playlist after ripping.
I unchecked this and am not bothered anymore, just kept the 'Eject CD after ripping' option ticked, so that I know rip is done.

Kami

Matt: Sometimes the options can be hard to find, even for regular users. So if in the action window after displaying recently imported there was a "check box" with a message something like: "Always display details after ripping" that you could click on that would select the option without having to find it in the options dialog.

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2015, 01:37:34 am »

The ability to search in Playlists and in Playlists Only.

I think it meets the guidelines.

Also, about what is said for the UI and masses. I guess it would be better for the masses if they are able to choose between a simple interface which does specific things easily and well and a more advanced interface for all the people that need the detail in their lives.

kstuart

« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2015, 05:38:15 pm »

That's a pretty minor gripe.  I mean, you're clicking Details so it's not too crazy to show you the list of details.  You can click 'Back' if that's not a view you want and you'll be right where you were.
I always want to see the Details - I always want to know which files were imported, which were a problem, etc.

Then - separate from the Details dialog, the overall Standard View changes to "Recently Imported" playlist, taking me away from what I was doing while the Import was going on.

Castius

« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2015, 06:16:45 pm »

In regards to my previous request about save cover art to files.
This request still stands. "Save cover art to external location specified in option" Does not do this.

I would like the image to be embedded in the file. So When i move a mp4 to my tablet the cover art is preserved.

Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2015, 04:16:30 am »

In regards to my previous request about save cover art to files.
This request still stands. "Save cover art to external location specified in option" Does not do this.

I would like the image to be embedded in the file. So When i move a mp4 to my tablet the cover art is preserved.

Saving cover art to video files is an extremely complex topic, and not something we're pursuing at the moment. Sorry.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2015, 06:51:40 am »

Allow a double-click on a HTML file to open it in a new tab in the internal browser.

Currently launches in the system default browser :)

-Leezer-

Do this or similar

Can I just echo myself, as this appears to have been missed ;)

Small tweak, but one that would improve my workflow no end.
The same logic could be applied to anything viewable in the internal browser engine, txt files for example- Retaining people within the MC application is better than launching an external app :)

-Leezer-

gweefry

• Recent member
« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2015, 09:42:38 am »

Connected Media: Currently the "Keep using this answer" box lasts only for the current session, requiring the same procedure with every use.  Suggest making the selection permanent until needing to be altered.

Do this or similar

Not sure whether this suggestion was overlooked or didn't fit the criteria.

Kevl

« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2015, 12:58:01 pm »

I've only been using JR MC for a few days so I may have missed some tricks - so excuse the following if its is incorrect.

I have been trying to get live TV set up to give nice menus in theatre view. Found this process harder than it needs to be. Problem is I have a card with DVB-T and DVB-S. This works well in MC from  hardware point of view but pointing dish at a European sat and scanning on this and terrestrial produces nearly 600 channels. Many of these are duplicates and many are encrypted and cant easily be watched in a PC. To make this even harder, some duplicate channels are encrypted whereas some are free to air. Setting up nice lists of only unencrypted channels is thus non trivial.

So a better means than existing Edit channels would help here.

Consider adding more fields to the Edit channels spreadsheet. Currently only column one is populated with Channel name.

Additional useful fields would be boolean (column of boxes with ticks in them)

IsRadio.

IsEncrypted.

I handle the first by taking TV channels into a smartlist and writing an expression which finds channels with an Audio PID but no Video PID by parsing the channel filename string - which doesn't appear to have a documented format - is it really a secret? :-). Hard work it seems to me.
I haven't found a way of detecting encrypted channels.

While you are spending 10mins adding said boolean fields, consider adding further fields for hiding channels - i.e. put a box in a field named hide which can be ticked to hide channel

Other useful stuff in the edit channels spreadsheet would be

IsHD
Tuner type (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C etc)

I think using the edit channels spreadsheet in this way would help TV channel config a great deal and doesn't sound too hard :-)

K

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2015, 12:50:42 pm »

Some suggestions:

1)
When changing the cover art directory in options (Tools-->Options-->File Location-->Cover Art),
display the warning "All files in current directory will be moved to new location" and give the option to cancel.

2)
Change "Update Tags (from library)" to "Update JRiver sidecar xml's from library/database"
Change "Update Library (from tags)" to Update library/database from JRiver sidecar xml's"

3)
Ignore AUDIO_TS folders from DVD rips.
Users can then import full DVD-Audio backups without having multiple useless ifo files cluttering up their libraries.

4)
When using 'Get Movie & TV Info' on individual videos, give the option of 'Allow overwrite of existing values',
like users have when doing a look up for multiple videos.

5)
Make cover art for data show up automatically.
Currently you must change media sub type to video, add art, then change it back to data.

6)
On bluray rips with sub type "TV Show" sort titles by number instead of size like with movies.
Find the mode of the titles ± 2 minutes and use it to play the lowest numbered title in its range first instead of playing the longest first.
(mode as in mean, median, mode)

7)
Give an option to update LAV filters while updating MC.
Currently if you forget to play a movie before leaving an internet connection it means no more ROHQ.

Denti

« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2015, 07:27:28 pm »

Here's one that seems (to me, though I'm probably wrong) to be simple enough, and uncontroversial:

Create an override option that would allow users to set the display name for any single grouping (in Standard and Theater View), making so that it does not generate whatever text has been set to be automatically displayed. This would help overcome all kinds of problems, even where solutions might exist, lessening frustrations. "Why won't it display 'Bob Dylan & The Band?? Well, I can just force it to do that!"

You can see my dead-end here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94744.0. I've been unable to get MC to display First Name Last Name with artists sorted Last Name First Name because the ;-delimiter that allows for multiple artists per album/track throws things off.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2015, 02:26:42 am »

Allow import rules to use multiple directories.

Instead of six rules which are all identical, and have to be edited six times any time I make a change, being able to specify the location as:

"C:\My Videos\; D:\Movies\; E:\TV\; F:\Home Videos\; G:\Video\; H:\Video\" etc.

+1
Or make it easy to copy rules over to other directories.
I have 14 rules I use for videos that I add to 8 drives.
It's a lot of copying and pasting.

The ability to run 'auto-import again' on files that are already in our library.

+1
Not for Carnac, just to re-apply my import rules.
After scraping movie info there are always some unwanted name changes (because 'Allow overwrite of existing values' is not currently an option for individual look ups)
If 'Actions' could be added to an 'Action List' then applied as a whole, it would save pasting a bunch of individual expressions into the tag window after scraping.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2015, 02:42:47 am »

If you have multiple directories with the same rules, you could just import the parent.

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2015, 05:56:40 am »

1. Make Year linkable column.
2. Change the link behavior of the Genre column so that is links to ALL genres for a song, i.e. when different genres are separated with semicolon it should not just link to the first genre.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2015, 10:26:46 am »

If you have multiple directories with the same rules, you could just import the parent.

I agree with them Jim. I have this issue too. If you have many drives and have to add rules for audio, video etc. you do a lot of duplication. You can't just import the parent if you have different rules for audio and video and they are on the same drive.  So 2 or three rules per drive x 10 drives is a lot more than 2 or 3 rules...

Not sure how you would make this work though with file selector...

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2015, 10:51:22 am »

I don't know if this was the right thing, but it's something!

Next build:
NEW: Theater View artist backdrops load from the entire list of artists for a track instead of only the first artist.

That did it.  Much appreciation, Matt!!

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2015, 11:07:04 am »

If you have multiple directories with the same rules, you could just import the parent

My videos are stored on drives R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y. (Music on Z)
Each drive is video only with the same directory structure. I import the root folder of each.

Rules I add:

Media Type
Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([File Type],iso,8),Video,[Media Type])Video Type
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(TV Show|Movie|Music|Home Video|Adult|Other)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,1)Media Sub Type
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(TV Show|Movie|Music|Home Video|Adult|Other)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,2)Artist
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(Music|Home Video|Adult)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,3)Series
IfElse(math(isequal([Media Sub Type],Adult,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Home Video,1)),regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(Home Video|Adult)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,4),math(isequal([Media Sub Type],TV Show,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Other,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Movie,1)),regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(TV Show|Movie|Other)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,3),IsEqual([Media Sub Type],Music,1),- No Series,1,Something Went Wrong With Series)Season
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(TV Show)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,4)Name
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(Movie|Music|Other)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,4)Genre
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(TV Show|Movie|Music|Home Video|Adult|Other)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,5)Year
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(Movie|Music|Home Video|Adult|Other)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)Episode
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(TV Show)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,7)Installment
regex([Filename],/#\\Video\\(.+?)\\(Movie|Music|Home Video|Adult|Other)\\(.+?)\\(.+?)\s+\((.+)_(\d{1,4})\)\\(.+?)_#/,7)Album
IfElse(math(isequal([Media Sub Type],Movie,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Other,1)),If(IsEqual([Series],- No Series,1),If(IsEqual([Installment],Disc,8),RemoveCharacters([Name] Replace([Installment],Disc 1,),/ ,3),[Name]),[Series] -/ If(IsEqual([Installment],Disc,8),RemoveCharacters([Name] Replace([Installment],Disc 1,),/ ,3),[Name])),IsEqual([Media Sub Type],Music,1),[Artist] -/ If(IsEqual([Installment],Disc,8),RemoveCharacters([Name] Replace([Installment],Disc 1,),/ ,3),[Name]),IsEqual([Media Sub Type],TV Show,1),RemoveCharacters([Series] If(math(isequal([File Type],ifo,1) | isequal([File Type],bdmv,1)),[Season]/, [Episode],[Season]),/ ,3),IsEqual([Media Sub Type],Adult,1),[Series],IsEqual([Media Sub Type],Home Video,1),[Series],1,Something Went Wrong With Album)Movie Name (With Series)
IfElse(math(isequal([Media Sub Type],Movie,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Other,1)),if(isequal([Series],- No Series,8),[Name],[Series] - [Name]),math(isequal([Media Sub Type],Adult,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Home Video,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Music,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],TV Show,1)),,1,Something Went Wrong With MovieNameWithSeries)Album/Movie Sorting
IfElse(math(isequal([Media Sub Type],Movie,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Other,1)),if(isequal([Series],- No Series,8),[Name],[Series]),math(isequal([Media Sub Type],Adult,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Home Video,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],Music,1)|isequal([Media Sub Type],TV Show,1)),[Album],1,Something Went Wrong With Video Sorting)
I apologise for the long post.

rec head

« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2015, 01:57:39 pm »

Take Television out of Drives and Devices and have it at top level. Having it lumped with Drives is weird.

We'll do this.  Long overdue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up