INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP over DLNA: Audio in videos is NOT processed  (Read 849 times)

masterjoe

• World Citizen
DSP over DLNA: Audio in videos is NOT processed
« on: April 13, 2015, 07:00:37 am »

So still for me there is one limitation of DSP over DLNA that is not quite understandable:

Why is it not possible to have the audio in a video (video-audio) being processed over DLNA?
Everything required for this is already implemented - but just not put together the right way = limitation.

My wish list:

1) there shall be a SEPARATE DSP section for video-audio (=audio in video files)

2) video-audio shall always be sent through DSP when transcoding is ON

3) there shall be a special transcoding mode that allows to ONLY process video-audio and not the video frames themselves
  (i.e. the audio is fully processed while the video frames are only copied to the resulting video stream)

Any feedback pls?

masterjoe

• World Citizen
Re: DSP over DLNA: Audio in videos is NOT processed
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:49:20 am »

Bump...

masterjoe

• World Citizen
Re: DSP over DLNA: Audio in videos is NOT processed
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 07:13:47 am »

If you allow the usage of the full DSP section (including VST plugins and other 3rd party stuff) on video-audio over DLNA implementing the suggested features from the initial post I will instantly purchase MC. I mean it  ;D

This feature of being able to process the audio of videos streamed via DLNA is a real winner if available.
I have many videos which are really low volume and I neet to max the volume on my TV to hear anything.
MC could auto-adjust the loudness level on-the-fly and so much more.

Please implement the missing feature. When playing videos on the local machine MC can already process the audio of a video.
It's not working via DLNA however... and this is such a small step to be taken!

It would really be great to have an option to ONLY transcode the audio unsing DSP over DLNA without affecting the associated video frames.
Video frames shall be taken "as is" without recompressing them in this case. This would be very CPU effective then.

So...?
Pages: [1]   Go Up