INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.260 beta available  (Read 11418 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.260 beta available
« on: September 25, 2003, 02:14:36 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.    

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe      

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91260.exe  

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:  
1. Changed: Improved handling of DRM protected WMA files in case there is no Internet connection.
2. Fixed: Action Window header would not be redrawn in some cases when switching pages.
3. Fixed: Tooltips that went up instead of down would only flash instead of staying visible.
4. Fixed: After hiding the panes, you couldn't drag the splitter bar to reshow them -- only click the show arrow.
5. Changed: Undid library saving hot-fix -- like old builds but shows wait message during long saves.

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Media Center 9.1.260 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 02:26:37 pm »

Since build 259 when clicking on my Archos handheld, I get an error message and MC crashes.

The message is in Dutch but roughly translated it mentions:

The instruction 0x049740b9 points to 0x00000001 memory location. The read or write instruction on the memory failed.

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 03:01:46 pm »

If i go to a hard disk loaction (d:) and then look for duplicates, it is showing duplicates in the d: that were duplicated in the c: drive.  I thought this would only show the duplicates on the d: drive.  Almost sure it worked that way a few days ago.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 03:03:25 pm »

When right clicking a song in PN page, it appears an item called "List". IMO, this is a very unfortunate election. Useful things should be very visible and very accesible, and not hiden inside meaning-less menu items. This wierd behaviour applies to all AW context menu's.

If you plan to release it soon, please, remeber also to include some buttons for common actions (Album Thumbnails view button, Detailed view button, Fill properties from filename, etc. etc etc. etc)  

IMO, this 2 things are serious usability issues that should be fixed. It¡s kinda GUI bug, if it makes any sense...

Marty3d

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 03:33:06 pm »

Still not reported as fixed, so I publish this bug again:

When right-clicking on songs/folders in Windows explorer -> MC -> Play, it adds the files to Playing now, not replacing them, and MC doesn't play them (sometimes). There are other strange anomalies reported as well here:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1063986787

Please! Do something about this one! :(

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 04:21:02 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location it appears two times.
Toast goes in the toaster.

ZRocker

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 05:26:31 pm »

Bug:
1. Drawing bug that's been around for a couple of weeks now (since some drawing optimizations were implemented).  This has been reported many, many times by others...but, still not fixed:

Notice above track # 1 you can see the residue of an Interact message which was in the IE window shown just prior to restoring the MC window:

This happens with any MEGA-ME skin (not just Windows).

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 06:38:39 pm »

1. Drawing bug that's been around for a couple of weeks now (since some drawing optimizations were implemented).  This has been reported many, many times by others...but, still not fixed:

Notice above track # 1 you can see the outline of an Interact message which was in the IE window shown just prior to restoring the MC window:

yep noticed this, in fact if you maximise any window then minimise it in front of MC, there is a residue left above track 1.

Omni

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 07:44:45 pm »

I can't seem to reproduce it with the Metal skin.  Have you tried that one?

Also, if you look at your picture, your row 1 has a greater height than all the other rows (hence why that portion probably isn't being updated).  Do you know how to reproduce that?  because for me, all the rows are of the same height, at least as far as my eyes can tell.  Here's a screenshot:

<removed image>

EDIT:  removed image since it has pretty much been established that the drawing bug is exclusive to W2K users.

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 11:07:02 pm »

Thank you for indicating a link for 'The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:' at the start of the thread.
However it would be useful if you also indicate what the 'stable' build is, to help us to know when that link is updated.
Thanks
Luigi  
Luigi1943

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 03:16:07 am »

Argggh  ;D

Analyze still can make it through more then 100 files without an error................

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 04:32:59 am »

I can't seem to reproduce it with the Metal skin.  Have you tried that one?]

I have notice this also with Metal Skin
Made in Portugal

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2003, 04:33:17 am »

Thank you for indicating a link for 'The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:' at the start of the thread.
However it would be useful if you also indicate what the 'stable' build is, to help us to know when that link is updated.

If you just want this build, you can also find it on the downloads page, where the build# is also included.

CautionESPN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2003, 05:34:13 am »

As an iPod user I would like to express thanks to SteveG for allowing us to have such a large say in what JRiver has put into Media Center for iPod support.  The capabilities of Media Center for the iPod are simply fantastic and have far outstripped my original expectations.  As a software consumer I absolutely love this approach to development.  For once a company is truly listening to the consumer about desired functionality.  

Thanks to JRiver in general and to SteveG in particular.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2003, 06:28:12 am »

Bug:

Notice above track # 1 you can see the residue of an Interact message which was in the IE window shown just prior to restoring the MC window:

Are you using Win2k? I encountered this particular problem too when using Win2k. But when using WinXP, it doesn't appear.
Don't Panic!

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 06:44:35 am »

>>Are you using Win2k? I encountered this particular problem too when using Win2k. But when using WinXP, it doesn't appear.

I'm using Win2k  ::)
Made in Portugal

nila

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2003, 08:03:35 am »

Still having problems burning.
Just tried to burn a CD and it burnt it but while it was burning it my whole screen went white - I ALMOST killed it but then started talking to someone and while I was talking to them it popped it out.

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2003, 08:41:36 am »

Are you using Win2k? I encountered this particular problem too when using Win2k. But when using WinXP, it doesn't appear.

Yes...Win2K w/SP4...noticed with PixOS and Metal skins as well.

nila

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2003, 09:42:58 am »

Tools/Options - changing the group that a field name is in DOES NOT update the 'Track Info' page - I played with it as much as I could and could not find a way to make it update the fields displayed (maximised it, minimised it, undocked it, no luck)

Hmm - it's done it now somehow - not sure what I just did.

Also - any way to let us create custom fields via the SDK?

Sniffy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Honore ton erreur comme une intention cachée
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2003, 09:59:01 am »

Since build 259 when clicking on my Archos handheld, I get an error message and MC crashes.

The message is in Dutch but roughly translated it mentions:

The instruction 0x049740b9 points to 0x00000001 memory location. The read or write instruction on the memory failed.

Same problem with my Archos recorder.
No problem viewing files in "My computer" but impossible to open it clicking on "CD, DVD, Handheld" or in the icon in the "Action window".
No error message for me, only an MC crash.

jeffl012

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2003, 10:47:12 am »

When using the Web Media module, selecting the Play button of a "My Stations" station results in the playing of whatever is in the Playing Now list. If there is nothing in the Playing Now list, a "Please select files to play" error appears.

Also, how do you add stations to a play list? It would also be great if stations were available to the Remote Server interface.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2003, 10:51:51 am »

Dbl clicking seems to have broke in 259/260. When a tune is playing and another file is dbl clicked on (Add to playing now: play next), it puts MC into full screen mode and complains that there is no images qued for playback.

I'm also seeing bleedthru as mentioned above (W2k).

10-27

JohnT

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2003, 12:30:31 pm »

Still having problems burning.
Just tried to burn a CD and it burnt it but while it was burning it my whole screen went white - I ALMOST killed it but then started talking to someone and while I was talking to them it popped it out.
Could you send me a log file of the burn process?

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.

Thanks!
John T.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2003, 12:44:01 pm »

DVD's do not play anymore (2 builds ago it still worked), now MC crashes when trying to play a DVD

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2003, 03:31:45 pm »

If you just want this build, you can also find it on the downloads page, where the build# is also included.
I'm also wondering which 9.1 is the latest stable version is...

This download page,
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html
, shows no build number.  Maybe, I'm looking at wrong page.  Where should I check for build# information?  Thanks.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2003, 07:18:31 pm »

I'm using Win2k and I also have the drawing bug.
S

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2003, 07:42:42 pm »

Upgraded from .250 to .260 tonight (still working on my burning problems...) However, .260 seems to have a terrible stuttering problem when playing back APE/APL files. The last few seconds of tracks stutter. I particularly notice it on live albums...

My playback settings are as follows:

Between tracks: Gapless
Seek: Gapless
Stop: Immediate
Output: ASIO

Thanks!
Brad

[EDIT: Problem also present in .259. NOT present in .256 (which was the oldest version I could find on the FTP server)]
----------
System info:
Media Center Registered 9.1.260 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\
Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1800 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 335 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Z: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R1202   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2003, 08:13:33 pm »

Another follow-up:

All of the recent versions of 9.1 I've installed (.250, .256, .259 & .260) give me errors during the installation process. The error is:

"Failed to install package. More info: none. URL: C:\Documen~1\brad\Locals~1\Temp\RarSFX1\Support\in_ape.zip"

It then occurs with a number of the "in_" plugins.

The installation seems to work, but I'm worried that something is wrong.... Any ideas?

Brad

ZRocker

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2003, 08:48:33 pm »

Bugs:
1. When burning a data CD, you cannot name the CD until you insert a blank CD-R in the CD-RW drive (via F2 rename of Compact Disc node under CD, DVD & Handhelds).

2. When you rename a data CD (for a burn), the new name is not shown (anymore) and you go back to seeing just Compact Disc (X:) under CD, DVD & Handhelds.  I'm not sure what burns to the CD as the volume name (not tested that yet to see if it is broken too).

3. CD Writer (burner) does not work anymore...I attempted a simple data CD burn and MC locked up my PC (Win2K) and required a reboot while writing track # 1.  While writing track #1, MC displayed another dialog that said "Saving database..." (weird).  This is not a performance problem (PIO mode vs. DMA mode...is in DMA mode).  This is the same hardware I've had for 4+ years now....Plextor 12/10/32A burner...works fine with all other burning software (ECDC, Nero, MyCD Pro, etc).  Can we get the old, reliable Golden Hawk burning engine back in MC?

NOW...MORE BAD NEWS...
I tried to restart MC after it crashed my PC and it says my library is corrupt...ARGH.  Of course, I have a backup but it's a few weeks old.  So, CDWriter also corrupted my library too...amazing.

Update #1:
After the reboot and rebuilding my MC library from a backup & reimporting tracks since the last backup, the CD burn worked this time (w/o MC crashing my computer)...go figure.

Update #2:
Well, after two successful data CD burns, MC decided on data CD burn # 3 to lockup my PC again and require a reboot...argh.  I'm not fond of the lockup feature...can we have a way to disable it and just burn the CDs like I requested?  This time my library was not corrupt, but that still doesn't justify the lockup feature.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2003, 11:09:20 pm »

"Add (as next to play)" immediately starts playing the selected track

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2003, 11:25:36 pm »

Sorry, Jim, I feel stupid, but I've not been able to find that build number! However I browse regularly Interact to be updated on the beta development, and it would be nice'n'easy to find that number indicated when a new build is released.
Thanks
Luigi
Luigi1943

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2003, 03:21:43 am »

Sorry, Jim, I feel stupid, but I've not been able to find that build number! However I browse regularly Interact to be updated on the beta development, and it would be nice'n'easy to find that number indicated when a new build is released.
Thanks
Luigi

the link above to the download page takes you to the wrong page. it takes you to the MJ8 Page and your looking for the MC9 Download Page.

http://www.mediajukebox.com/mediacenter/download.html
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MachineHead

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2003, 03:33:28 am »

Import info pop-up is whacked:

TimB

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2003, 06:19:03 am »

Upgraded from .250 to .260 tonight (still working on my burning problems...) However, .260 seems to have a terrible stuttering problem when playing back APE/APL files. The last few seconds of tracks stutter. I particularly notice it on live albums...

My playback settings are as follows:

Between tracks: Gapless
Seek: Gapless
Stop: Immediate
Output: ASIO

Thanks!
Brad

Likewise but on MP3 and CD tracks.  Changing from ASIO removes the problem.

Using m-audio 2496 card.

-=Tim=-

Media Center Registered 9.1.259 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 151 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: AOPEN    CD-RW CRW4048      Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

ZRocker

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2003, 07:24:03 am »

Bug:
1. MC crashes 100% of the time now when I try to access my USB-connected CF-card reader (Portable drive v9.0.59) under CD, DVD & Handhelds...I click on any folder on the CF-card to view the contents and MC crashes.  

This used to work in prior builds, but like all MJs and MCs for the last 2 years would always crash during uploading and you switched to Playing Now (while uploading)...now MC just crashes even thinking about access the CF-card reader.   Of course, access works fine under Windows Explorer and PowerDesk.  Maybe, CDWriter is to blame (too).

Update #1:
If the folder clicked on for viewing (on the CF-card) is empty, MC does not crash.  As soon as you click on a folder with MP3 files in it, MC hurls (crashes).

Update #2:
I returned to hh_portable.dll from build 9.1.257 which is Portable drive v9.0.56 and now MC does NOT crash.  So, Portable drive v9.0.59 is bugged (obviously).  This fixed the crash when clicking of folders with MP3s in them...but, the crash when switching to Playing Now while uploading is still there (of course)...I just tested it and MC crashed.

ZRocker

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2003, 11:09:03 am »

Bugs:
1. You can't restore the MC main window via its taskbar icon if you are burning a CD.  When you click on the MC taskbar icon, only the CD Burning dialog will come up.  You are forced to find the MC window on the desktop and click on its window  to get MC back.

2. When uploading to a portable device, the Upload, Cancel and Options buttons are still available (enabled) during the upload process...this can't be right.  They should be disabled or disappear (just like happens when you are attempting a CD burn...those buttons get disabled during the burn).

Tangoman

• World Citizen
  • You are nothing that you are conscious of.
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2003, 11:23:27 am »

Hi All @JRiver,
When I pause a track and then start playing another track threr is some of the old track played before the new selection starts.
I use wave out and wave mapper DSP is set to 16 bit source Sample and  Channels. Otherwise and outstanding programme
Many thanks for your efforts
Gerry

Media Center Registered 9.1.260 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. - Anon

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2003, 11:43:46 am »

Please move sound card flutter problems to a new thread.  Is it just with m-audio cards or others, too?

nila

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2003, 12:21:35 pm »

Tagging mode with images is INCREDIBLY slow.

I'm clicking on an image, checking the value and it is taking around: 6 seconds to update the check box to show it's tagged.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2003, 01:16:20 pm »

BUG:
Coverart in trackinfo pages is broken on clients connected via MediaServer.  The AW Image page and tooltips display the coverart just fine though...

The coverart is stored in folder.jpgs in all the album directories: Artist\Album\folder.jpg, in case that makes a difference.

9.1.260 running on both client and server.

-John

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2003, 01:21:49 pm »

BUG:
Can't rip with either my Liteon 24x burner, or Samsung CDROM.  I'm writing the output .mpc's (using MPEGplus encoder settings) to a networked drive.  The ripper starts, but the progress bar never moves and clicking cancel does nothing.  If I click on the X to close the rip window, it's not responding and after I kill it, MC crashes...

I didn't try using the external encoder option and configuring it to run mppenc.

Guess I'll stick with EAC for ripping, since it worked just fine ripping from the same drives to the same networked drive.

-John

ThayirVadai

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2003, 03:08:55 pm »

I just noticed a minor GUI issue.

In the "Media Library" section when I am navigating through a tree about 4-5 levels, I don't see a horizontal scroll bar appear.  The only way I can see every entry at the 5th level is to resize the window as a whole, which is kind of silly.

Thanks,
G

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2003, 03:51:15 pm »

DVD's do not play anymore (2 builds ago it still worked), now MC crashes when trying to play a DVD

I can only see DVD's within MC, nothing shows in full screen on second montor or TV.  My mpgs videos play fine.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2003, 04:00:58 pm »

I don't know if this bug has been reported, but here it is anyways:

Right click menu - Send To - Add (as next to play)
is not work correctly.  It stops the current playing track and starts playing the song selected.  

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2003, 08:45:03 pm »

Here's an 11th hour plea for some Metamorphis \ MJAutomation bug fixes.

• The SetPicture() function for the Picture type Placeholder only works with images that are in the same directory as the skin. If this could be expanded to allow full pathnames, then it would be possible to display the currently playing file's cover art in a mini-me skin.

• Something is up with the SetStateValue() and GetStateValue functions. Occasionally they will store values of "Global" despite being told to do otherwise. And sometimes they will retrieve values of "Global" despite the fact that the state.xml file very clearly shows the values to be something entirely different. If this from misue of these two functions, then they need to be better documented than they are currently. I've resorted to creating single-pixel, transparent windows and testing for their visible state to do the things that SetStateValue and GetStateValue are supposed to do for me.

• Activating the Shuffle mode from MJAutomation doesn't update Playing Now's order until the next track begins playing. See my PixOS skin for an example.

• Back before 9.0 was released, Nikolay told me that he would add in a couple of new scrolling modes for InfoDisplays. In particular was a mode that would scroll\rotate only if the text was too long for the primary mode (ie. Left, Right or Center).

• It's also been requested numerous times for some more customization abilities for the Playlist Placeholder in Metamorphis. For instance, the ability to display only specified fields instead of always showing Seq. - Artist - Name - Duration. Since most mini-me skins are, by their very nature, small, it's hard to adequately display all of that information without most of it being cut off.

I'm really not expecting all or any of these to make it out the door with 9.1 (even though at least one was promised for 9.0), but it would be really nice to aid the plugin\skin developers who are working hard to add functionality to MC. Opening up MC to allow this kind of development was a great step in the right direction, but some of these bugs need to be fixed, features more adequately documented, and questions in the developers forum answered if these plugins and skins are to continue. I can only speak for my own frustration at having none of my questions answered. I understand you guys are busy and can't spend all day helping us with our own little projects, but when some of the problems we're having appear to be bugs within MC itself, then I feel it necessary to point them out, especially now that 9.1 is nearing release. If they're not fixed now, then when? With this mysterious big project coming up in the near future, I have little hope to see these fixed any time soon if not now.

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2003, 01:12:14 am »

1°) I can't burn CD  :-[ with  MC91260  :o :-/ :( :-[ :(

I use Easy CD Creator 4 (version 4.05 (409) of Adaptec

Help me please !

2°) Whish, if it is possible : I would stop MC at the end of the track which MC plays.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

How made this ?

Media Center Registered 9.1.260 -- C:\Program Files\J River\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 800 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 9 MB
Resource Info: System - 58 %, GDI - 76 %, User - 58 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\Notify.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: 90 %
Jean-Marc

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2003, 05:44:00 am »

How to crash MC ( 9.1.257 anyway)
---------------------------------------------

Open winamp(2.9). dont play any thing.

open mc, crashes for me, immediately afterwards.

close winamp, try re-opening mc...works fine, no crash. Seems that mc is not happy if winamp was open prior to opening MC.

does any one see this behavior too ?

sound is set to waveout on playback options for mc. no fancy sound card. Other than this crash mc plays and handles fine.

i have not attempted to do any sort of burning with it as yet.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2003, 06:09:11 am »

When Attempting To Edit\Correct A Mistake, In Fields (Like "Name")

To Make Minor Changes

Time Of The Season For Lovin'

To

Time Of The Season (For Lovin')

And MC9 Wants To Save The Database MC Will Now Kick Me Out Of Editing. Once MC9 Is Done Saving The Database I Need To Go Back in And Finish My Edit.

Listening to: 'My Favorite Mistake' from 'The Best Of Sheryl Crow' by 'Sheryl Crow' on Media Center 9.1
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2003, 06:30:14 am »

the link above to the download page takes you to the wrong page. it takes you to the MJ8 Page and your looking for the MC9 Download Page.

http://www.mediajukebox.com/mediacenter/download.html

I continue to feel stupid, since even using the above link I can find no indication of the build number...
Luigi
Luigi1943

ThayirVadai

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2003, 07:10:03 am »

When I am looking at my media library and in the file name column, if MC is unable to display the file name, I am unable to resize the column width so that I can read the file name.  It looks like there is a limitation on how wide the screen can get.  

The only way I can find the name of the file is through the properties option.  This may be similar to what zrocker has noted with a screen shot.

Govardhanen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up