INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to purchase and run multiple instances of the JRiver Server softw  (Read 2434 times)

NVAudiophile

Is it possible to purchase and run multiple instances of the JRiver Server software on the same computer?

I am happily using JRiver Media Center and Server software to control my navigate and play my audio collection from an Android tablet. I think MediaCenter is an ingenious solution, and I am just getting into computer-based, high-end audio. I first ripped all of my popular music to FLAC format. I would now like to rip my classical collection. Ideally, I would like to manage my classical collection from its own database and server. The Andriod software makes it easy to toggle from one server to another.

Is it possible to purchase and install multiple instances of the JRiver Server software on a Windows computer? If not, this is a feature I would definitely be willing to pay for in a subsequent release.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum.

You can use MC for a single OS (Windows or OSX) on all your machines (within reason).  Here's how:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

If you use Windows and OSX, you can purchase a Master License.

blgentry

I don't think you would gain anything by having a separate server instance (on the same computer) for two different collections.  JRiver makes it easy to have views that show you only what you want.  You could very easily build a view that shows just Classical, and a view that shows everything else.  You could switch views with a click of the mouse.

That being said, if you really have to have them separated, maybe what you want is two different Libraries within the same Media Center instance.  Media Center will only show one Library at a time.  You can experiment with it pretty easily:

1.  File > Library > Library Manger ... > Add Library
2.  Import some Classical files.
3.  Play around.
4.  Switch back to your other Library:  File > Library > (Choose the Library you want; the original is Main Library)
5.  Switch to the Classical library:  File > Library > (Choose the name you gave your Classical library)

Finally, if you wanted two totally separate Media Center instances, running *at the same time*, with different Library Media, I'm not sure how to do that on a single computer without using virtual machines.

Good luck to you.

Brian.

jacquiejabbour

Can someone tell me how I can post a query pse

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Can someone tell me how I can post a query pse
Use "New Topic" in the upper right corner of the index page.

More here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43159.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up