INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with HTTP commands  (Read 2891 times)

twb1000

• Junior Woodchuck
Help with HTTP commands
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:47:09 pm »

I am using iRule for control of a lot of my house and have been using some JRiver commands successfully that commands that happened to be in a community device file.  I was hoping to expand on it on some zone specific commands that someone at JRiver is perhaps better versed on.

I would like to get the syntax for commands that are zone specific for 1% volume up, 1% volume down, mute, and perhaps some zone specific playlist and or favorite commands.  I have read the wikis and played around a little however; only the commands that I got from device data base at iRule seem to work.

some example of commands that are working (the IP and port are successfully configured in the gateway):

MCWS/v1/Playback/Next?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID

MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPause?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID

MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=22001&Parameter=3

MCWS/v1/Control/Key?Key=Page%20Up

Some insight would be appreciated.  Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with HTTP commands
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »

twb1000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 02:22:52 pm »

I have been through the wiki and what comes close what I am seeking is in Media Center Core Commands > Specifying Zones.  I have tried a few different approaches base on the what is in that wiki with no success.

I was hoping for a couple of actual examples from which to work from.  Just a couple and I can figure it out from there.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:40:47 pm »

Does this help? You need to be on your PC running MC. Also, change the port number if you do not have 52199 as the default in Media Network options.

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/doc

I use iRule as well, but only have transport controls and the up-down-left-right and enter commands mapped. I use MC mostly for video, so the arrows are good enough for the OSD, including for volume.

twb1000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 09:51:42 am »

I have the port and IP correct and working on the functions that I have (although it is not shown on the sample commands I have posted).  The iP and port are configured in the gateway within iRule.  I have a multi channel sound card and have several audio zones.  that I might like to control under a single screen and it is also nice to have larger volume up, volume down and mute button available on large easy to hit buttons.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 12:01:21 pm »

If you go to the url I posted there are examples of the http commands, including some for zones, in the form of links. You just have to copy and paste them into your iRule.
Pages: [1]   Go Up