INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy II -- The Request Window is Open, but you'd better read the first post  (Read 94053 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D

I'd like an option in Send To for Video.  Send to->detached window-> full screen-> on display x
I know I can go in options and set defaults for full screen... but I use a laptop... it's not always set up the same way.
Also I want the standard UI to remain on my laptop screen - since the TV I use doesn't really have the resolution to read standard view.
Finally for bonus points if MC could turn the laptop screen off after so many seconds of non mouse movement!
I suspect someone much smarter than me will shortly tell me a better way of doing this :)

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

I suspect someone much smarter than me will shortly tell me a better way of doing this :)
Your setup is unclear... I'm guessing a laptop for selecting the audio or video programming, and then a separate TV for viewing the video itself ?

Sesam

• World Citizen

It would be great if the actors, genre and keywords tag fields would automatically interpret "," as ";".

Why? Because it makes it easier if you are manually tagging media. Because most sites list actors like this "Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Bruce Willis". So if you could just copy/paste that string into the actors field and have it automatically formatted as "Sylvester Stallone;Jason Statham;Jet Li;Bruce Willis" it would save a lot of time.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

It would be great if the actors, genre and keywords tag fields would automatically interpret "," as ";".

You could just use an expression:
Replace([Actors], /,,;)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BernhardS

• World Citizen

Please can you set the Lyrics Popup edit of the experimental Tag window modless?
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen

An edit/rename function for view presets! The current behaviour it's quite annoying considering that you must delete and create a new preset in order just to change the name...
Thanks!

Castius

Load program data auto match channels by number only.
I just switched my EPG to zap 2xml but only 10℅ match the description. But all channel numbers match. Also if you sign a channel it might be helpful if the channel can be hidden from the list to choose from. So you don't have to scroll to 1900.

Also there is no edit import only add delete.

Thanks!

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck

As I've asked in the features thread, it'd be good if the rules window had also a checkmark box next to each rule to enable/disable it, instead of just adding and deleting rules.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck

Another thought that might be easily implemented: when on a split artist/albums view, it'd be nice to have another search box just for the selected artist's albums to narrow down results quickly.

Also, an alphabet for the gizmo wouldn't hurt!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Another thought that might be easily implemented: when on a split artist/albums view, it'd be nice to have another search box just for the selected artist's albums to narrow down results quickly.

Also, an alphabet for the gizmo wouldn't hurt!
Gizmo has an alphabet.  Scroll on the right, then press the button that appears.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Don't set bookmarks for Music Videos, especially for Particles as it causes odd short playback on tracks.
JRiver CEO Elect

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck

@JimH

agh! Thx for that!

Castius

keyboard shortcut editor

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen

How about a Forward 30 seconds / back 30 seconds (maybe an adjustable time frame)  buttons on the playback bar?

kstuart

How about a Forward 30 seconds / back 30 seconds (maybe an adjustable time frame)  buttons on the playback bar?
+ 1 !!

That's one I could have used many times, and somehow have never thought to request.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Where? When?

Did you know?
In video, where most people are using a remote, it is already there, using left and right buttons on the remote. Adjustable under Options/Video/Advanced.

If you are playing audio using Theatre View, that function also works, and has its own adjustment parameters under Options/Audio/Stop, Seek & Skip.

In Standard View, most people are using a keyboard and/or mouse. The play bar is clickable to go to any point you want. If you hover the mouse over the Playback bar, the current position in a track, and its total length is displayed, as it also is in the header unless you have customised it. While hovering over the playback bar, the scroll wheel on the mouse will jump you forward and back 10 seconds at a time.

Okay, so none of the above are buttons on the playback bar. But do you still think you really need them?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen

Where? When?

Did you know?
In video, where most people are using a remote, it is already there, using left and right buttons on the remote. Adjustable under Options/Video/Advanced.

If you are playing audio using Theatre View, that function also works, and has its own adjustment parameters under Options/Audio/Stop, Seek & Skip.

In Standard View, most people are using a keyboard and/or mouse. The play bar is clickable to go to any point you want. If you hover the mouse over the Playback bar, the current position in a track, and its total length is displayed, as it also is in the header unless you have customised it. While hovering over the playback bar, the scroll wheel on the mouse will jump you forward and back 10 seconds at a time.

Okay, so none of the above are buttons on the playback bar. But do you still think you really need them?

I am talking about standard and mini view. It would be especially useful to me  in podcasts and other spoken word content. A 30 second back/forward button is a quick click rather than fumbling with a seek bar or positioning my mouse just so and thumb-wheeling. Do I need it-no - but I don't really need Media Center either, if need is to be the standard. I just thought it would might qualify for as a "Too Easy" enhancement I would find useful.

kstuart

In regards to FF/REW, the remotes work differently for different remotes, and differently for different modes.

In full screen video, right and left arrow will go forward and backward the amounts specified in (logically) Tools->Options->Video->Jump Behavior.

While Audio options page has the same setting, it doesn't work because in Standard View, right and left arrows do other things.  This is the same issue that was discussed in regards to Space Bar.

In Standard View playing Audio, my original Microsoft MCE remote FF and REW buttons will go ahead and back a few seconds (only a small fraction of what is specified in Audio->Jump Behavior).

But using my VRC-1100 remote (that issues Keyboard format codes) the FF and REW don't do anything at all in Standard View (even though all the other buttons work fine - Pause, Play, Stop, Skip, Skip back).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

fumbling with a seek bar or positioning my mouse just so and thumb-wheeling.

If you are in Standard View, or any view where you are using a mouse, hovering over the play/seek bar would be just as easy, if not easier, than aiming at and hitting an on-screen button.

I have assumed that you meant on-screen buttons rather than keys, since you said button in the original post.

In regards to FF/REW, <snip> Microsoft MCE remote FF and REW buttons will go ahead and back a few seconds (only a small fraction of what is specified in Audio->Jump Behavior).
The FF and REW buttons on a remote or on-screen are completely different things to the LEFT and RIGHT buttons on the remote. Therefore, it isn't surprising that they do completely different things.
But using my VRC-1100 remote (that issues Keyboard format codes) the FF and REW don't do anything at all in Standard View (even though all the other buttons work fine - Pause, Play, Stop, Skip, Skip back).
The FF and REW buttons, on the remote and on-screen, do something for me in all views, for audio and video. Different things in different places. This seems to an issue with your remote, not MC.
In full screen video, right and left arrow will go forward and backward the amounts specified in (logically) Tools->Options->Video->Jump Behavior.
Also in windowed video, whether detached or not.

Anyway, I would not like to see screen real estate taken up by more buttons, especially next to the seek bar.

The solution to the issues that both of you have may be in defining Global Shortcut keys for MC to use. Keys that would work in all views, including Mini, Standard, and Theatre Views. They require a bit more effort to set up (and I'll admit that I haven't set any up, having only played a bit with the functionality), but you can define your own keys. Just make sure that the key combination isn't already being used by MC (look through the Resource.xml files) or Windows. You would have to work out which command too use; maybe 28004 and 28005? Give it a try.

Kstuart, you can then program your VRC-1100 remote to send the correct keyboard commands to MC.
Jaxtherogue, would a keyboard shortcut rather than a mouse click work for you?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen

If you are in Standard View, or any view where you are using a mouse, hovering over the play/seek bar would be just as easy, if not easier, than aiming at and hitting an on-screen button.

I have assumed that you meant on-screen buttons rather than keys, since you said button in the original post.
The FF and REW buttons on a remote or on-screen are completely different things to the LEFT and RIGHT buttons on the remote. Therefore, it isn't surprising that they do completely different things.The FF and REW buttons, on the remote and on-screen, do something for me in all views, for audio and video. Different things in different places. This seems to an issue with your remote, not MC.Also in windowed video, whether detached or not.

Anyway, I would not like to see screen real estate taken up by more buttons, especially next to the seek bar.

The solution to the issues that both of you have may be in defining Global Shortcut keys for MC to use. Keys that would work in all views, including Mini, Standard, and Theatre Views. They require a bit more effort to set up (and I'll admit that I haven't set any up, having only played a bit with the functionality), but you can define your own keys. Just make sure that the key combination isn't already being used by MC (look through the Resource.xml files) or Windows. You would have to work out which command too use; maybe 28004 and 28005? Give it a try.

Kstuart, you can then program your VRC-1100 remote to send the correct keyboard commands to MC.
Jaxtherogue, would a keyboard shortcut rather than a mouse click work for you?

I disagree about the aiming thing. Clicking an easy to see button is less involved than hovering over the seek bar and then scrolling with the mouse wheel while watching the time move forward/backward and correcting any overshoots, etc. To each their own I suppose. A keyboard shortcut would work, but I don't see harm in adding a button- there seems to be plenty of room next to the shuffle/repeat/dsp icons.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen

In Theater view like to see JR remember where in list you last were when re-entering list.
It seems that when exiting Movies back to main menu, if you re-enter Movies, you are taken to first item on list rather than item you exited on.

This is a tough one.  What if you exit Movies, watch a TV show, then go back to Movies.  That would suggest to me you want to watch something new, so should start at the beginning.

So to improve on your suggestion, if you exit a view/library item, and go back within a set number of seconds (30??), maintain the scroll position.

This will get rid of annoyances when you accidentally go too far back.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd like the ability to export/import individual Theater View rollers/items/views etc.

For example, I completely customized mine, to the extent that none of the defaults are there.  If I were to ever switch to MC for broadcast TV, I'd need to reset to default to get the TV view back, then manually re-create all my customizations.

Writing out to XML seems the logical way.

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Too Easy II -CD Ripping, lookup at AMG, GD3, albumartdownloader
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »

Feature request to add: lookup for tracks, covers
if CD's are ripped by MC21.

AMG (tracks, covers)
GD3 (tracks, covers)
albumartdownloader (covers)

AMG and GD3 are not free, so the feature may be related how ceap you get access (b the way dBpoweramp has access and iTunes)

Castius

In the standard view. Please make television a standard media category.
Meaning it has the basic right click options and ability to add library views.

I can make my own but it would make much more sense to be like audio,video,documents,television.

Thanks

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.

When using Rename, Move & Copy Files on movies that have subtitle sidecar files (*.srt), the program fails to move/copy over subtitles that have a language prefix in front of the extention, eg: moviename.EN.srt.

I think it would be an easy change to take this subtitle naming scheme into consideration when manipulating files inside MC.

...please? :D

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team

I would like to toggle on/off track grouping.

For example, I have classical multi-movement works tagged as grouped tracks, but I'd also like to be able to shuffle them individually sometimes.

Thanks for considering this request.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

rename the menu option "Load/Save View" to "Load/Save Layout" (as per http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99540.msg689281#msg689281)

jbbernar

• Recent member

I'd like to have a tag pre-populated with the md5sum for flac files.

blgentry

I'd like to have a tag pre-populated with the md5sum for flac files.

Just curious:  What would you use that for and how?

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team

Just curious:  What would you use that for and how?

Brian.

my guess is to verify the checksum.  i know the md5/sha is used among some of my collector friends to verify that their flac rip is indeed flawless

although i'm not terribly concerned with checksum i do know that if it was automatically put into a tag i'd end up using the info for something ;)
currently i use microsoft FCIV in the rare instance that i want to know

jbbernar

• Recent member

my guess is to verify the checksum.  i know the md5/sha is used among some of my collector friends to verify that their flac rip is indeed flawless

Yes (though not so much the flawless part). I have multiple rips of many CDs. At least I think the rips are from the same CDs - I have no logs, just flacs, sometimes with completely different tags, sometimes of different sizes because of experimenting with compression settings. If I can verify that the flac md5sums are the same, then I'll delete the superfluous copies. I'm not quite sure how I'll do this in MC - I might export the library and process the file elsewhere - but having the md5sums is a start. I could do it with metaflac, too, but I'd rather do as much as possible with MC.

although i'm not terribly concerned with checksum i do know that if it was automatically put into a tag i'd end up using the info for something ;)

Likewise, I'm sure I'll find other uses.

BernhardS

• World Citizen

Please can you set the Lyrics Popup edit of the experimental Tag window modless?

Bump

Not too easy? In VB it is only one click in the property window.
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

masterjoe

• World Citizen

Pls add an MCxx.exe core command to navigate somewhere instantly in Theater Mode.

Something like "MCC_GOTO_LOCATION" with a library view position as param. The Theater View shall then jump to this position instantly - if it is valid ;)
I don't necessarily mean PLAYBACK of anything (however a location MIGHT include a media name). I just hope for a navigation command to JUMP to any library (sub)position (aka virtual folder) instantly!

This way one can create shortcuts of many kinds to jump to custom positions or to programmable locations (using 3rd party SW like EventGhost).

Imagined Scenario:
I could press a dedicated "store shortcut" button on my remote and then press a number key afterwards. Eventghost would use MCWS to find out the current location and associates it with the pressed number key. Later when I press this number the new jump command allows me to go there with no effort at all :)

jack wallstreet

Ability to save a customized view for "recently imported."
John

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen

Additional information/the casue why DVD ripping fails. Is it because of a damagaed/defective disc or is it because of copyright protection? That would be helpful to know... 

flight16

• Junior Woodchuck

A simple playlist/view/feature/whatever to show me the list of missing tracks I have in my library.  Like iTunes does.

Presumably if MC already shows the red minus it knows the track isn't there.  Why can't it expose that in a pre-build playlist or a smart playlist condition like "Track missing... is true/false"?  The current suggestion in the thread below is quite the convoluted work-around I had to sign up and post to this forum to find out. 

See also for the original question: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99633.0

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

change the default audio conversion setting for an MC install connected as a client from "convert when necessary" to "never convert"

see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99644.msg690076 for details

flight16

• Junior Woodchuck

Idea: Options dialog: Make it easier for newbies to discover and customize MC by presenting help text in a  pop-up on mouseover (a few sentences to paragraphs, well-formatted).

Background:

Make the program easier to customize for newbies.  MC can do a lot, and I consider myself technical (software engineer who has been using computers for 25 years), but I'm overwhelmed by all the options, and I'm often checking the wiki. Eg. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Startup_Settings

gappie

ok... dont know if it is easy, ofcourse, but i give it a shot. it is about car radio. i use a split screen with at one side playing now.. i only use a few carradio buttons. because there are 12 of those buttons i cant give the buttons a name longer then 3 characters. could there not be an option with how much carradio buttons somebody wants to use, or even better, something that works the same as the tabs. so a small emty tab fro when someone wants to add a radio station..

:)
gab

Done.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Don't set bookmarks for Music Videos, especially for Particles as it causes odd short playback on tracks.

We don't use bookmarks for videos shorter than 15 minutes long.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

We don't use bookmarks for videos shorter than 15 minutes long.

Done.

I've attached a screen shot of the venerable Eagles BD particalised by Playback Range and you can see all the Tracks have Bookmarks set as soon as you play them, leading to unpredictable playback the next time.

I suspect it is because MC reports the Duration being the whole length of the Video not just that of the Particle (this part is on my list in the of Limitations in the Wiki).  

Thanks for looking!
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'll look at factoring the playback range in when we calculate duration.  No promises since it could turn into a mess, but I'll look.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Next build:
Changed: Bookmarking looks at the playback range when calculating the duration so that files that are just little snips won't bookmark.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Thanks Matt!
JRiver CEO Elect

astromo

• MC Beta Team
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen

Try replacing the Name column with an Expression Column using the following code:

Code: (Name) [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Audiobook, 1),
If(IsRange(PadNumber(Math(round(([Bookmark] / ([Duration, 0] * 1000)) * 100)),2), 10-90),
Delimit([Name],<//b><//font>,<font color="FF0000"><b>),
[Name]),
[Name])

Edit the Delimit() line if you want to change the formatting.
I just used red (HTML FF0000) so that it stood out.

The 10-90 at the end of the second line sets the percentage played which will highlight the current file. (i.e. anything in the range of 10-90% will be highlighted)

Maybe things like this implemented.   I find this audiobook place highlighter very useful, but would of never known about this until 6233638 showed me.

Something I've noticed over the last months since 6233638 first gave me this code snippet, when I return to the playlist many times or add new audio books into the car radio playlist, that the red highlight mark and place in the file are lost.  Is there a way to work around this so the highlight and place in the file is kept, even after the playlist is edited and re-saved many times.  

Things like this implemented on right click context menu when the files are marked audiobook, and some other popular options you think could also be implemented right there to aid better audiobook experience.   I know this script is very important for me.  I have a long car radio playlist for audio books and do like to see a very visual marker for partially listened to.  

Can it be bettered/expanded upon.  Maybe a traffic light system to indicate early place marker, mid way and near end markers based on the % viewed of the file.  Maybe a way to show a thin banner at the start of the first file in the playlist, just a nice image there to chow the start of a new audiobook.

Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

DeaneG

• World Citizen

It would be really useful to be able to keep only one episode of a recorded TV series and to delete it past 24 hours. That is, allow both options "Keep only N episodes" and "Delete after N days" to be active instead of one or the other. This would improve handling of weekday and weekend news broadcasts.

kstuart

It would be really useful to be able to keep only one episode of a recorded TV series and to delete it past 24 hours. That is, allow both options "Keep only N episodes" and "Delete after N days" to be active instead of one or the other. This would improve handling of weekday and weekend news broadcasts.
Practically speaking, it seems that "Delete after 1 day" would work fine - unless you are so deprived of disk space that you cannot keep an extra news broadcast for a few hours.

With that little disk space, TV recording becomes a pain.

DeaneG

• World Citizen

Practically speaking, it seems that "Delete after 1 day" would work fine - unless you are so deprived of disk space that you cannot keep an extra news broadcast for a few hours.

With that little disk space, TV recording becomes a pain.
Not a disk space issue. Just don't like to see last night's news recording next to today's. It seems to take more than one day (maybe two?) for the old recording to disappear.

Could fix it by making the "delete after N days" option actually delete the old recording at N days instead of N+1 (though this does not fix the case of watching tonight's broadcast partially live - last night's would still be there until tonight's recording is finished at t0+1 day). Or making the setting adjustable in 0.5 day increments, or just allowing both "keep only N" and "delete after N days" options to be active.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up