INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy II -- The Request Window is Open, but you'd better read the first post  (Read 94058 times)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe

Could we have an MCC command to toggle Adaptive Volume (night mode) on and off, so it can be done with a remote from within theater view?

It would be nice if it came with a quick OSD flash of "Adaptive Volume ON" and "Adaptive Volume OFF"

Currently it's very disruptive to do it when you're watching a movie.

This should be quick and easy...

Thanks!

gappie

:) It would be very nice to have the option 'at Start up' in the scheduler. I know I could use windows own scheduler or a bat file, but its always a puzzle with the timing etc. it would make it so easy to start in the right zone with the right library or run some list, what ever..

:)
gab

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen

It's there a way when in theatre mode and you navigate to a music album, that 'Play album' replaces 'Play all' and it's automatically selected so I just press OK?
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

bluescale

• Recent member

such shelves do overshoot at either end of the shelf but they are still stable filters. specifically S=1 (and the jriver LS/HS seems to use Q in place of S) is described as

When S = 1, the shelf slope is as steep as it can be and remain monotonically increasing or decreasing gain with frequency.  The shelf slope, in dB/octave, remains proportional to S for all other values for a fixed f0/Fs and dBgain.

other tools let you generate filters with S>1 with no problem so while I agree a warning is better than silently ignoring, even better would be to allow the shelf to be created :)

I would like to add another vote for this.  Limiting the shelf slope to 1 or less makes implementing the advanced EQ stuff some of us are trying to do tricky.

wer

When JRiver added per file DSP, it was a huge advance, and the customers were very grateful.

For more than a year now, there has been much debate about how it worked, the interaction with zones, etc.  Many people have called for an overhaul.  But there apparently is considerable resistance to more work on per file DSP, as JRiver has said very little in response to all the discussion.

I propose a small and easy change:

Add an option "Use default DSP setting when DSP field is empty..." with an entry to select either "Do Nothing" or to pick an existing DSP preset.

When the DSP tag is read at playback, this option can be honored accordingly.  The Do Nothing setting would preserve current behavior.  Selecting a preset would provide for a global default.

This is such a small change, and would help so many people, without causing any further ripple effect.  Could this please be done?  It's too easy!

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck

I propose that the DSP's default order be adjusted so that 'Tempo & Pitch' occurs before Headphone/Room Correction (and perhaps Convolution as well).
As it is currently ordered by default, any changes in playback speed will be applied after the audio has been adjusted to compensate for the distances etc. involved in the current speaker setup, which means that the end result will not sound like the source signal's speed was changed. Instead, it will, once again, sound improperly adjusted (because the carefully introduced per-channel delay value has been affected by the speed change). If the speed change occurs before these setup-specific adjustments are applied, then speed-changed playback will still be properly adjusted.
Specifically, this change consists of switching the 'Headphones' and the 'Tempo & Pitch' DSPs' default positions.

Please note that my reasoning is based on thinking alone (as opposed to e.g. an understanding of how stuff like phase correction works), and while I don't currently see how, I may be wrong.
Also, the change would, obviously, not affect existing Zones' current DSP order.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

When JRiver added per file DSP, it was a huge advance, and the customers were very grateful.

For more than a year now, there has been much debate about how it worked, the interaction with zones, etc.  Many people have called for an overhaul.  But there apparently is considerable resistance to more work on per file DSP, as JRiver has said very little in response to all the discussion.

I propose a small and easy change:

Add an option "Use default DSP setting when DSP field is empty..." with an entry to select either "Do Nothing" or to pick an existing DSP preset.

When the DSP tag is read at playback, this option can be honored accordingly.  The Do Nothing setting would preserve current behavior.  Selecting a preset would provide for a global default.

This is such a small change, and would help so many people, without causing any further ripple effect.  Could this please be done?  It's too easy!

Actually that would enable me to use the per-file DSP feature for the first time.

Gedeon

• World Citizen

I'd like to see an easy import from eq files generated from room eq wizard and other utilities.

I admit that that is the main reason I use JRiver. The convolver works great but I'd like to have low latency to get full benefits from wdm driver, and the best way is using parametric eq instead of convolver files.

Another option could be to modify the dialog to define parametric filters to admit easy copy/paste from excel or tabbed lines.

Could you think about this and  give me an opinion?

kstuart

blgentry wrote: "In Playing Now, there is a horizontal bar that separates the file list from the cover display above it.  It has up and down arrows on it (disclosure triangles I think they are called).  You can move it up and down to display more of the files or less of the files.  It's a "splitter" because it splits Playing Now into two pieces:  File list and cover display area."

In Standard View, I don't want an Album Cover.  That sort of pleasant experience is for Theater View.

In Standard View, I want data.  So, I moved the splitter bars all the way up so there could be more files listed.

So, that implies a "Too Easy II" request - an option to turn off the "cover display area" in Standard View (to maximize the available screen area for the file list area).

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

blgentry wrote: "In Playing Now, there is a horizontal bar that separates the file list from the cover display above it.  It has up and down arrows on it (disclosure triangles I think they are called).  You can move it up and down to display more of the files or less of the files.  It's a "splitter" because it splits Playing Now into two pieces:  File list and cover display area."

In Standard View, I don't want an Album Cover.  That sort of pleasant experience is for Theater View.

In Standard View, I want data.  So, I moved the splitter bars all the way up so there could be more files listed.

So, that implies a "Too Easy II" request - an option to turn off the "cover display area" in Standard View (to maximize the available screen area for the file list area).

Thanks!

I thought about adding a mode to the right click menu named "No Display."  But then I realized that once you picked it there wouldn't be a way to get the menu back and actually show "Cover Art" or whatever again.  So that sort of killed the idea.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kstuart

I thought about adding a mode to the right click menu named "No Display."  But then I realized that once you picked it there wouldn't be a way to get the menu back and actually show "Cover Art" or whatever again.  So that sort of killed the idea.
So, it would have to be in the Options.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Add some way of highlighting currently playing program in the TV Guide, so when I go back to it while watching TV I don't have to remember what channel I'm watching when I want to go back to display view.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Add some way of highlighting currently playing program in the TV Guide, so when I go back to it while watching TV I don't have to remember what channel I'm watching when I want to go back to display view.

We already select the currently playing program when entering guide.  So I am not sure I understand what you are asking about here.

EDIT: It is related to the discussion in this thread, isn't it?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

Not sure if this has already been suggested in this thread (I did a quick check and couldn't find it), so...

Remove entries in the Television "To be recorded" section that are in the padding zone of a recording.  I believe we should only see items listed that will ultimately show up in the list of recorded shows.  I set sporting events up with a lot of extra padding in case they don't end on schedule and the "To be recorded" section always has a bunch of extra shows listed that don't match any of the recording rules, but fall within the padding time, and cause "why is THAT in the list" confusion.

Not sure if this can be done in less than an hour, but I suspect it would be a fairly easy change.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

We already select the currently playing program when entering guide.  So I am not sure I understand what you are asking about here.

EDIT: It is related to the discussion in this thread, isn't it?

Yes, related to that one. Perhaps a green dot, similar to the red one indicating scheduled recordings, though it would have to be beside the red one in case you're currently watching a program you're recording. :-D

RD James

A very quick one: move all the playback controls to the top of the right-click menu on zones.
Move all the zone management controls (rename etc.) to the bottom of the list.

It would also be good if the menu hover delay matched Windows.
I have the delay disabled and it's frustrating to have the zone playback controls in a sub-menu behind a long hover delay.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Remove entries in the Television "To be recorded" section that are in the padding zone of a recording.

This one would probably need an option, rather than a global change.

Currently if a whole program (or maybe some percentage of it) falls within the padding zone, it not only gets shown in the Television "To be recorded" section, but it gets recorded and imported as if it was a planned recording.

I would probably turn it off, now that we have better recording rules. But I used to let it happen when short programs were shown, for example, before the news I was recording, and I would watch both. You know, three minute time fillers like Miniscule.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

greynolds

This one would probably need an option, rather than a global change.

Currently if a whole program (or maybe some percentage of it) falls within the padding zone, it not only gets shown in the Television "To be recorded" section, but it gets recorded and imported as if it was a planned recording.
I've never seen that happen - does it only happen if recording to jtv files?  I record to ts files.  Personally, I wouldn't want that to happen anyway - I only want the program that I actually intended to record (along with whatever padding time I specify) to show up in the list.  If I wanted to record the other show(s), I would schedule them.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

My apologies. I just went back and checked what has been recorded in MC, and the programs included in padding are no longer getting a record created in MC. I believe they used to, because I had a series group for them in "Recorded TV", and I used to watch Miniscule all the time, until they were just repeats. Either I am mistaken and it never happened, or that has changed at some time, and obviously I didn't notice.

In that case, I agree with you. No need for an option. Those shows covered by padding shouldn't show up in the "To Be Recorded" list, as you say.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

makersjam

• Recent member

A long time request from me...

Please make the items that show in the popup tooltip editable.

thanks!  :)

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team

Feature Request: Marquee display of long texts in TheaterView playing now

TheaterView playing now displays long concatenated texts like track name / album name / artists and very often this text us too wide for the screen.
Could you please add a feature to roll this text through the display (marquee display)?

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

blgentry

A long time request from me...

Please make the items that show in the popup tooltip editable.

+1 I think this would be very useful.

Brian.

v_erich

• World Citizen

I would like to see a DSP function M-S encoding (mid-side) in JRiver.

BR
Erich

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

Make 'Auto Size Columns' work on each view, *each time* it is opened, not just when the checkbox is checked/unchecked.  Feels broken at present.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Make 'Auto Size Columns' work on each view, *each time* it is opened, not just when the checkbox is checked/unchecked.  Feels broken at present.

What do you mean?  With 'Auto Size Columns' enabled, it should size the columns each time you load a view.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

It doesn't seem to do it consistently.   For example, when I import a new album I have about 14 smartlist views I work through for various tagging duties and quite often as I switch to each next view the columns are not optimally resized, some times having very excessive whitespace and sometimes data is truncated with the ...  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the Auto Size is for but what I'd like to see is that each column on each view is optimized based on the column header/data?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

It doesn't seem to do it consistently.   For example, when I import a new album I have about 14 smartlist views I work through for various tagging duties and quite often as I switch to each next view the columns are not optimally resized, some times having very excessive whitespace and sometimes data is truncated with the ...  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the Auto Size is for but what I'd like to see is that each column on each view is optimized based on the column header/data?

I can't reproduce that at all.  Once I set "Auto size columns" on, I can click between piles of smartlists and each one has the columns just set perfectly for the files.

kstuart

Could be version-of-Windows dependent ?

comnoz

How about a keyboard shortcut for "open live" using ASIO?

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)

HI there,

I have been using webgizmo more frequently recently and have a request.

videos show up with a pic and the name of the episode below it (about 18 characters).  The problem is that there are not enough characters for me to see the entire name of the video.

is there a way to have more characters show up or better yet, when the mouse is floating over the video, the entire file name shows up?

thanks

dave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up