INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Recording Questions  (Read 7859 times)

jrRon

• Recent member
TV Recording Questions
« on: September 08, 2015, 12:05:55 pm »

Hi. I'm looking for a new home for recording TV now that MSft has dropped its Media Center in Windows 10. JRiver is the first (actually, only) alternative that actually installed AND worked AND grabbed EPG data almost without incident. Congrats on a great product.

I've installed the MC21 trial and realize it's still in beta so my problems may be resolved as development continues. But here are my two issues:

1. FILE SIZE -- In Windows Media Center, a half-hour show would result in a single 1.74GB .wtv file. My results with JR, however, are huge. I just did a short 6 minute test and ended up with a folder of 36 files taking up 6.84GB of disk space. I'm thinkin' this can't be right, can it?

First, should it be that large? Second, can I not end up with a single file? Probably I've just missed some settings somewhere but don't know where.

2. PLAYBACK AUDIO -- When I play back a TV recording (no problems with the recording, BTW, except for its size) the audio pitch/frequency is too high making the actors sound like they're breathing helium. I found the DSP Studio which lets me lower the rate so it sounds normal but do I need to do this manually every time? Is there a way to automatically adjust the playback audio frequency?

Thanks very much if you have any suggestions to fix these problems.

... Ron

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: TV Recording Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 12:40:01 pm »

2. PLAYBACK AUDIO -- When I play back a TV recording (no problems with the recording, BTW, except for its size) the audio pitch/frequency is too high making the actors sound like they're breathing helium. I found the DSP Studio which lets me lower the rate so it sounds normal but do I need to do this manually every time? Is there a way to automatically adjust the playback audio frequency?

Is this only if you play while it's recording?  What if you stop recording first so the file is finished?

I had a strange problem that sounds a little like this at home and it was only when time-shifting.  Once I stopped recording everything was fine.

Same problem or different problem?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 12:50:57 pm »

Hi Matt. No -- this is always when playing after the recording has completed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 01:02:52 pm »

What TV tuner device do you use?  What is your location (US, Europe, etc.)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »

I'm using a KWorld USB ATSC Hybrid - UB445-U2 in Canada.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »

For ATSC signals (which are generally MPEG-2 video and AC3 audio), 2 - 5 GB per hour is normal, depending on TV station (HD channels would produce larger files).  6.84 GB for 6 minutes is very large.  What files do you see in the folder?  Most large files have extension .cnk.

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 01:36:49 pm »

Yes, under Windows MC, an hour recording was always about 3.49GB.

These recordings are coming through Analog cable. Most of the files in the folder are CNK files each being 303,751KB is size. For my test, I recorded a five-minute segment plus 1 extra minute at the end. I now see that there are four of these CNK files for each of the five minutes I recorded (i.e., 20 files) plus some other CNKs and other pretty small JTA, JTF, JTI, JTR, JTS, JTV files. Clearly having each minute quadrupled is the reason for the size.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 01:43:22 pm »

These recordings are coming through Analog cable.

Unfortunately, many analog devices (including yours) do not come with hardware video encoder.  That means the video size is huge.  We are currently not paying too much attention to analog tuners because they are being replaced by digital TV.  Microsoft probably used a software compressor internally to deal with these tuners.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »

Does the Hybrid mean it does digital and analog?  Could you switch?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 01:51:17 pm »

Does the Hybrid mean it does digital and analog?  Could you switch?

Hybrid means either ATSC or analog, but not both simultaneously.  One can use the device as an ATSC tuner, but I do not know whether it is feasible for Ron.  Ron might have a reason for using analog cable.

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 01:54:20 pm »

OK, I accept that we analog-ers are a dwindling number and it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep updating us.

Does this also mean that my recording will always be as a folder of multiple files rather than a single file regardless of its size? Any way to convert my multiples to a single?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 02:00:42 pm »

I have the same Tuner card, but I'm in USA. I have not had any issues with file sizes recording ATSC (digital) Over-The-Air.
Why are you using analog? What is your situation?

Also, I record in "TS" format. I prefer one file per recording - but then you have to give up time-shifting (which I don't care about).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »

Does this also mean that my recording will always be as a folder of multiple files rather than a single file regardless of its size? Any way to convert my multiples to a single?

Yes, for this particular device in analog mode, the folder (JTV format) is the only option. Even if you choose TS format during setup, the recordings will end up in JTV anyway.

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 02:09:13 pm »

Yeah, my understanding is that the "hybrid" will record NTSC analog cable or Clear QAM digital but not both at the same time. Nor can I record one channel and watch another at the same time. Mind you, I am usually completely confused about most of these things so could be wrong.

Which is why I was ecstatic that JRiver installed without problems and without asking me techie questions I didn't know the answers to!

Regarding WHY I'm using analog cable: I have basic digital cable coming into my TV but without investing in a digital tuner card or PVR, don't think I can record from it since everything comes in on channel 3. However, I can plug the same cable into my analog tuner and still get analog stations that I can record. And yes, I would also be able to record OTA high-def channels but I'm in a Toronto apartment pointing the wrong direction to pick up more than half a dozen OTA channels. I'm very close to convincing myself to cut the cable entirely so am just interested in cheap stop-gap measures.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 04:52:52 pm »

Also, I record in "TS" format. I prefer one file per recording - but then you have to give up time-shifting (which I don't care about).
CountryBumkin...what time shifting ability are you giving up?  I record in TS, and am able to time shift on my clients, even while it is recording.  The only thing I think we give up is the ability to press record 15 minutes into a live TV session and have it record the entire show from the beginning.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 05:19:18 pm »

Time Shifting: from http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93920.0
1. Being able to start recording at an already-past time.  What this means is, if you are watching a show live, half way into the program you decide you want to record it (like, this is a nice show, I should record it so my wife can watch it when she comes home, or, curse that emergency call, I have to go now, I will record this and watch it later), with the press of the Record button on your remote control, the entire show will be recorded (provided that your time-shifting window is large enough so the first half of the show is still in the buffer in its entirety).

I don't use Time Shifting (since I never watch Live TV), so I have no first hand experience but from what I've read, the amount of TV stored (how many minutes of the TV show is saved before you hit "record" depends on the number of hours you choose in the time shifting setup (i.e. 1 hour, 4 hours, etc.).  I am under the impression you could be (for example) one-hour into watching a 2-hr TV movie and hit the record button and get the whole movie from the beginning.
There's nothing in the Wiki on this (just a link to an old post from MC9) so maybe Yaobing can provide more detail.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:05 pm »

I am under the impression you could be (for example) one-hour into watching a 2-hr TV movie and hit the record button and get the whole movie from the beginning.

That is correct. Also, even if you are recording in TS format, MC uses the JTV for time shifting. So JTV format files are saved to disk in addition to the TS file. The JTV files are cleaned up after TV is stopped.

Ron, as you must use JTV format recording files for your analogue device, and they are large in your case because they aren't compressed, you should look at the format conversion tool in MC. It can convert the JTV recorded TV file format to other formats, and may reduce the size considerably if you pick a compressed format. Of course you would only do this for programs that you want to keep for a time, or if disk space is very limited.

In MC Standard View the tool is on the top menu under Tools/Advanced/Convert Format, or you can right click on a recording in MC and select Library Tools/Convert Format. Either of those will open the Convert Format action window in the bottom left corner of the screen, which you can use to view details of the file, set options, and start the conversion. There are a limited number of formats to convert to though, and the tool will always convert to stereo audio, so while it works well for a stereo TV programs, it isn't so good for programs that include more audio channels in AC-3 or AAC format. Like lots of video conversion tools, where the media is actually re-encoded, it isn't very quick either. Not something you would like to do for programs that you are just going to watch and then delete.

It is worth investigating though, and may alleviate your concerns about disk space use for programs that you want to keep beyond the short term.

EDIT: As an example, I just converted an;
8.4GB 3 hour JTV recording with a source of 720x576 (576i) pixels PAL mpeg2 25fps video, stereo mp2 audio, 15,256 Kbps Bitrate recording
to a;
1.38GB 3 hour MP4 recording at 864x480 (480p) pixels PAL AVC1 30fps video, stereo AAC audio, 1,037 Kbps Bitrate file.

The conversion took about 30 minutes.

The limited range of formats to convert to can be an issue though. Even though I picked the format closet to the original to convert to, which was the 480p PAL format, the converter still converted from 25fps to 30fps, which it shouldn't have for PAL. But the result plays fine.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 04:44:20 pm »

Thanks for the info, Roderick. My real problem was not the file size (I was just shocked when I first saw it) since I have over a terabyte of free space and normally delete a recoding once I've watched.

Rather it was the dozens of individual files that make up a single recording. A single file would allow me to easily move it to a different device, cast it to my TV, etc. But this does not seem possible at the moment (not even sure how I could use the conversion tool you mention since there is no single file to select/convert).

However, this is not an earthshaking problem -- I can live with the size and number of files and with having to use DSP to reduce the audio frequency -- I'm just happy JRiver lets me record at all!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 04:49:13 pm »

Rather it was the dozens of individual files that make up a single recording. A single file would allow me to easily move it to a different device, cast it to my TV, etc. But this does not seem possible at the moment (not even sure how I could use the conversion tool you mention since there is no single file to select/convert).

When a recording is finished in MC, it is imported into MC (as a single entry of course).  You can select it in MC, under Video, and click Tools > Advanced Tools > Convert Format...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 07:39:54 pm »

As Yaobing said, all those files are treated as one entity in MC. So if you use MC to do what you want with the recording, it doesn't matter that there are many files. Just for info, MC saves many files so that only a small amount of recording is lost on power failure etc., so that watching a timeshifted recording is made is easier technically, so multiple programs can be recorded in the one pool of small files, without needing duplicate files, and allowing independent padding at the start and finish of each recording, and a bunch of other reasons Yaobing (the TV functionality developer) has told us about in the past.

With files in this format you can "cast" the recorded program to any DLNA device, or to another MC installation, perhaps a small PC connected directly to your TV. If you have a smart TV that supports DLNA rendering you can just send the program directly to that. Research "Media Network" in the Wiki and forum.

If you need to move the program around on attached or networked disk drives, read up about "Rename, Move, & Copy Files", which is on the right click menu of any media record in MC.

If you want to move the program to a device, such as an iPad, research Synchronising to a Device. I am not sure if this works for a TV program, as most people use it for music and I haven't looked at doing that myself. But it probably does, and converts the program to a single file in the process.
EDIT: I just did a quick check with a program recorded in JTV file format, and MC converts the program to a single file of your choice, according to conversion settings. Sweet. Take your recorded TV with you on a long plane flight.

The high pitch of the recorded audio is a strange one. I don't know why it would be doing that. Does it do it to music, DVDs, Blurays, or downloaded material, from say Youtube?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 12:45:08 pm »

Yaobing: thanks for the tip about the Video section -- I had always been playing recordings from the Television | Recordings section and I see now that Video offers a lot more options, and does treat the recording as a single file.

Roderick: yes, now that I have clued in to the Video section I see how moving, casting, etc. is possible.

Some JR testing I did (I have previously been using VLC for playing everything):
  • playing music files in JR = no pitch problems
  • playing video files in JR = no pitch problems
  • playing downloaded YouTube or podcast files in JR = no pitch problems
  • playing a previously recorded .wtv file = no pitch problems (this file was recorded using the same KWorld USB tuner but with Windows Media Center & Windows 8.1)

• recording TV in JR = high pitch problem
  • recording TV in JR and watching at same time = high pitch problem even while watching live
  • watching live while not recording = no pitch problems

I just did a short recording of a news cast and get this info about the video:
Dimensions=720x480; Compression=jtv video (video: UYVY, audio: PCM); Duration=4:13; File Size=4.9GB; Bitrate=22272

The wonky thing here is obviously the bitrate used when recording; other non-problem files show bitrates from 190 to 2402. Why the higher bitrate for my recordings? I have no clue.

As mentioned, I'm living with the current situation of adjusting the rate each time so don't go crazy over what is likely a very limited problem. But if there is any other info or testing I can provide, let me know. I'm pretty good a breaking things!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 03:10:35 pm »

I just did a short recording of a news cast and get this info about the video:
Dimensions=720x480; Compression=jtv video (video: UYVY, audio: PCM); Duration=4:13; File Size=4.9GB; Bitrate=22272

The wonky thing here is obviously the bitrate used when recording; other non-problem files show bitrates from 190 to 2402. Why the higher bitrate for my recordings? I have no clue.

Bitrate is the number of bits of data per second.  Since the recording is in uncompressed video format, the data size is large.  That is why bitrate of the recording is high.

Is it possible for you do zip up a short recording (the entire folder) and upload it in a file-sharing site so I can take a look?

When you watch a channel without recording it, do you use time-shifting or not?  The setting is in TV Options > Start analog devices in time-shifting mode.  You can also tell by right-clicking in the video window, and check TV Options sub-menu.  If you see "Cancel time-shifting" there, you are in time-shifting mode.  If you see "Start time-shifting" there, you are in non-time-shifting mode.  Try switching from one mode to another and see if there is a difference in audio pitch.

Also, while watching without recording, right-click in video window, and choose DirectShow filters > Copy graph info to clipboard.  Then paste the info in a post here.

Repeat the same thing while watching a channel that is being recorded.

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 09:47:58 am »

I've zipped up a 2-minute recording (still ~1.7GB) that you can grab from OneDrive at http://1drv.ms/1i3zjY8

Re time-shifting, I do not use it; the Start analog device in time-shifting mode is not enabled. If I start time-shifting while watching but not recording, the pitch does indeed rise just like in a recording. There is also a pause every 20 seconds -- I assume while it saves that portion's recording. If I then cancel time-shifting, the pitch returns to normal but the pause continues now every 12 seconds. The pauses continue until I stop watching and then start watching again.

Filter Graph Info (TV graph): Watching but NOT recording

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Out' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'Conexant Color Format Converter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'Conexant Color Format Converter'
        CLSID: {26EEC6FB-D014-4505-A4B4-CD827E378F6B}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\y8cnvt.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Capture' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_UYVY, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'Analog Video In'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Decoder Out' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio In'
            Connected to pin '1: Audio Decoder Out' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'Capture'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Conexant Color Format Converter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_UYVY, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin 'Audio Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'VBI'

Filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'
        CLSID: {71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin '0: Video Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Tuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin '1: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '2: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '3: Audio Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio Out' of filter 'Conexant Polaris TvAudio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin '4: Audio Line In'
        Output Pin '0: Video Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
        Output Pin '1: Audio Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'

Filter 'Conexant Polaris TvAudio'
        CLSID: {71F96462-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Tuner'
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'
            Connected to pin '3: Audio Tuner In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'

Filter 'Conexant Polaris Tuner'
        CLSID: {266EEE40-6C63-11CF-8A03-00AA006ECB65}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\kstvtune.ax
        Output Pin 'Analog Video'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Tuner In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'
        Output Pin 'Analog Audio'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris TvAudio'

Hit the msg size limit so second dump in next post ...

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 09:48:43 am »

... second filter dump:

Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting writer graph): Watching AND recording

Filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
        CLSID: {CBE332C2-ED6F-482D-8497-AB51CA0419B7}
        Host: c:\program files (x86)\j river\media center 21\tv\mjtsfilewriter.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Out' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Capture' of filter 'Smart Tee'

Filter 'Smart Tee'
        CLSID: {CC58E280-8AA1-11D1-B3F1-00AA003761C5}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\qcap.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Capture' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
        Output Pin 'Capture'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
        Output Pin 'Preview'

Filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'Analog Video In'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Decoder Out' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio In'
        Output Pin 'Capture'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Smart Tee'
        Output Pin 'Audio Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
        Output Pin 'VBI'

Filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'
        CLSID: {71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Input Pin '0: Video Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Tuner'
        Input Pin '1: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '2: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '3: Audio Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio Out' of filter 'Conexant Polaris TvAudio'
        Input Pin '4: Audio Line In'
        Output Pin '0: Video Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Video Capture 04C0D10941848589'
        Output Pin '1: Audio Decoder Out'

Filter 'Conexant Polaris TvAudio'
        CLSID: {71F96462-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Tuner'
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'
            Connected to pin '3: Audio Tuner In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'

Filter 'Conexant Polaris Tuner'
        CLSID: {266EEE40-6C63-11CF-8A03-00AA006ECB65}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\kstvtune.ax
        Output Pin 'Analog Video'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Tuner In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris Crossbar'
        Output Pin 'Analog Audio'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio In' of filter 'Conexant Polaris TvAudio'

Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting player graph):

Filter 'Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {B87BEB7B-8D29-423F-AE4D-6582C10175AC}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'Conexant Color Format Converter'

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'

Filter 'Conexant Color Format Converter'
        CLSID: {26EEC6FB-D014-4505-A4B4-CD827E378F6B}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\y8cnvt.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'Video Renderer'
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Output' of filter 'MJTSReaderFilter'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output' of filter 'MJTSReaderFilter'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Conexant Color Format Converter'

Filter 'MJTSReaderFilter'
        CLSID: {8303B00A-D9E3-4BD7-A79A-AD7077F54123}
        Host: c:\program files (x86)\j river\media center 21\tv\mjtsfilereader.ax
        Output Pin 'Audio Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Video Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 08:35:43 am »

Thanks for the info.  I will give the code a little tweak on Monday.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 02:47:01 pm »

Please give this DLL a try.

Download, unzip, and copy into MC21 installation folder.

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 07:26:20 pm »

Sorry Yaobing. The new DLL didn't make any difference; the pitch is still too high.
I still need to fix it by setting the Rate in DSP Studio to -0.15x (which is no big problem if a solution is not possible).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 08:29:35 pm »

Did you download the DLL more than 4 hours ago?  If so you should re-download it.  Sorry, I initially made a mistake and posted a wrong DLL.  Later I was having internet problem for a couple of hours and could not correct it.  If the DLL has a Date Modified time of 3:56 pm CDT, then it is correct.

You can email me a log of a session running it in time-shifting mode.  Here is the Wiki about logging: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logging, and instructions I created on this board: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52448.0

yaobing at jriver dot com

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 08:02:56 am »

Done.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:30 am »

Thanks.  The change I made yesterday indeed did not help.  But I think I know what was going on.  We were trying to play uncompressed audio using incorrect sample rate.

The fix is not going to be simple, so I will have to do it later when I am less busy.

jrRon

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 02:55:46 pm »

Understood & appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up