INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on Upgrading  (Read 60283 times)

emovac

• Recent member
Re: Questions on Upgrading
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 11:31:46 pm »

The Id is separate. 

To clarify Jim, would the master license upgrade cover an upgrade on the JRiver Id (mine is an older one which is on MC 20).  Is the Id expected to follow the upgrade path as well?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2016, 06:16:15 am »

No, the Id is a different license.  Updates for MC on it are free.

I don't know whether we will upgrade the MC version on it.

emovac

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »

No, the Id is a different license.  Updates for MC on it are free.

I don't know whether we will upgrade the MC version on it.

Thanks Jim...Still love my Id device.  I flip back and forth between using the Id 202 (as DLNA server), and Roon/HQ Player (NAA from iMac).  Both work fabulously with the newly introduced Sonore microRendu.  I'm in on MC 22 (Master license upgrade).  Keep up the good work.

JoeyGS

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2016, 01:17:35 am »

I am using JR MC21 master license for Audio use only.

What will be the new features/advantages for audio use only that I will be getting with MC22?  Will it improve further the audio output quality?  Operating improvements?

Please advise before I make the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

skanet

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:06 am »

after I installed the new license as I check that everything is OK

thank you

tinpanalley

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:56 pm »

So, question... I want to buy the 21 version but if 22 comes out so soon, I'd rather have that but not wait until summer. If I buy it today, my licence will work both for 21 today and 22 when it is released? How do I know that for sure?

Also, MC20 doesn't want to remove itself from my "Open With..." menu. Who can I email at JRiver to help me fix that?
Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2016, 01:01:02 pm »

All licenses sold now are for MC22.  They also work with the latest builds of MC21.

For other questions, please start a new thread.

tinpanalley

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2016, 01:42:09 pm »

For other questions, please start a new thread.
Ok, thanks.

Slothskin

• Recent member
  • Mining EngineerMusic, electronics
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2016, 02:38:09 am »

Hi

I have a master license - not sure why I got it when I last upgraded to MC21 as I only run windows. How do I upgrade to MC22 Windows from a master license, as the registration code is not accepted for Windows Upgrade? ?

wolfvms

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2016, 02:39:33 am »

I just purchased a Master License upgrade to try MC21 and later MC22 on a Linux laptop. I use MC21 on my Windows 10 laptop. When I try to install the MC22 upgrade license on the Windows laptop I receive the message "your license file is for a different product".

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2016, 06:41:47 am »

I just purchased a Master License upgrade to try MC21 and later MC22 on a Linux laptop. I use MC21 on my Windows 10 laptop. When I try to install the MC22 upgrade license on the Windows laptop I receive the message "your license file is for a different product".
Please download the latest version of MC21 from the download page.  It will work with an MC22 license.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2016, 07:06:36 am »

Hi

I have a master license - not sure why I got it when I last upgraded to MC21 as I only run windows. How do I upgrade to MC22 Windows from a master license, as the registration code is not accepted for Windows Upgrade? ?

You either need to upgrade the master license or using your MC 20 key should get you the Windows only upgrade
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

mbend002

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2016, 07:10:39 am »

Ok, I'm confused with the emails on upgrading and purchasing the new version.  I already paid for the version that I have.  Isn't upgrades included in this or do I have to pay to upgrade.

Another topic.  The FAQ when I purchased asked about using the same license for multiple users in the same household, is this still the case and what is the procedure to get the new software licensed on my wife's new laptop?

~OHM~

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 07:15:35 am »

Ok, I'm confused with the emails on upgrading and purchasing the new version.  I already paid for the version that I have.  Isn't upgrades included in this or do I have to pay to upgrade.

Another topic.  The FAQ when I purchased asked about using the same license for multiple users in the same household, is this still the case and what is the procedure to get the new software licensed on my wife's new laptop?

Upgrades are for the new Versions of MC. Updates are just that, updates for the version you have installed and these are free!

you may install and licence your wife's laptop using the same key as you did your computer at no additional cost.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:50 am »

I just bought a Master Upgrade for MC22 and was only charged $19.98 is this correct? I need the Master Key to work on my QNAP using MC21

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 07:56:00 am »

That's the correct price until Sunday. 

At this time, the QNAP version needs an MC21 key.  We're waiting for QNAP to release a build we've sent them.  Then an MC22 key will work.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2016, 07:59:29 am »

Ok, I'm confused with the emails on upgrading and purchasing the new version.  I already paid for the version that I have.  Isn't upgrades included in this or do I have to pay to upgrade.

Another topic.  The FAQ when I purchased asked about using the same license for multiple users in the same household, is this still the case and what is the procedure to get the new software licensed on my wife's new laptop?
Licenses are good indefinitely.  If you have an MC21 license, it will work with MC21 forever.

You can use your Install Key to license another machine.  It lasts 14 days, then you need to use a Restore.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

~OHM~

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2016, 08:10:42 am »

At this time, the QNAP version needs an MC21 key.  We're waiting for QNAP to release a build we've sent them.  Then an MC22 key will work.

Great News...thanks

VDog

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2016, 08:35:52 am »

Help, for some reason I keep pasting my code in to preorder 22 and it keeps saying it can't find my account, even though I cut from their email. Also, my account shows as a Master Account. I thought I had signed up for Windows Only?!?! Could this be the problem and if so can I fix it. I will most likely refuse to join the cult  ;D and use Apple so Windows only is fine. HELP!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2016, 09:08:17 am »

You can use a Master License to upgrade to a new Master License.

If you have an older Windows license, you could use it to upgrade to a new Windows license.

jaypeecee

• Recent member
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2016, 11:59:23 am »

Hi Folks,

Two days ago, I received an email from J River saying that I could save $10 on a pre-order of MC 22. So, today I set about doing the deed. I have very recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and my previously-installed MC 18 was removed in the upgrade process. So I installed a trial version of MC 21. I obtained my registration code by emailing J River but this was not recognized by MC 21. So, now I don't know how best to proceed. What do I need to do to ensure that I get a licence for MC 21/22 and don't miss out on the $10 saving by ordering MC 22 before tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

JPC
My digital music system is based around the Intel D2700MUD motherboard running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Output is fed from this to an asynchronous USB Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. Music files are stereo 24bit FLAC up to 192kHz. I use J River MC version 21.

happy haggis

• Recent member
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2016, 12:10:08 pm »

Hi Folks,

Two days ago, I received an email from J River saying that I could save $10 on a pre-order of MC 22. So, today I set about doing the deed. I have very recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 and my previously-installed MC 18 was removed in the upgrade process. So I installed a trial version of MC 21. I obtained my registration code by emailing J River but this was not recognized by MC 21. So, now I don't know how best to proceed. What do I need to do to ensure that I get a licence for MC 21/22 and don't miss out on the $10 saving by ordering MC 22 before tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

JPC

I'm probably way off the mark here, but have you tried reinstalling MC 18? From what I've read, your licence will only work with the version it was licensed for.  :) You should then be able to upgrade to MC 22.
Good luck!

jaypeecee

• Recent member
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2016, 12:23:10 pm »

Hi HH,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I have not tried re-installing MC 18. I assumed (perhaps wrongly!) that MC 18 was removed during the Windows 10 upgrade process because it was not compatible with Windows 10. I'll try re-installing MC 18.

JPC
My digital music system is based around the Intel D2700MUD motherboard running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Output is fed from this to an asynchronous USB Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. Music files are stereo 24bit FLAC up to 192kHz. I use J River MC version 21.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2016, 01:37:55 pm »

If you have MC21 installed, you can follow the instructions in the e-mail (or in the Upgrade Help topic on this board).

fallsroad

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2016, 05:09:45 pm »

NM - fixed it.

I have MC21, and wanted to take advantage of the discount prior to Sunday. Followed the link in email, entered my registration code, but the payment page will not accept my password. Pretty sure I never changed it. I verified the email address by having the registration codes emailed to me, but cannot solve the password issue.

Jeff_N

• Recent member
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2016, 09:45:04 pm »

I have a registration code but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to enter it on my MC21. Am I just supposed to keep the code until July and then download MC22?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2016, 06:32:53 am »

If you have previously registered MC21, just wait for MC22.

dadolph

Re: Questions on Upgrading - Upgrade from MC21 Master to 22 Master failed
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2016, 06:59:09 pm »

Hi - I bought an upgrade to 22 Master today and used the new mjr file to install the new license on my Mac and my PC. The successful installation was confirmed in both cases, but the registration is for MC 21 Master, not 22. In both cases, the installed version of MC is the latest stable build. Please advise.

Thanks

David

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2016, 07:09:42 pm »

MC22 will be available in a month or so.  When it is, we will send you an e-mail.

dadolph

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2016, 08:45:47 am »

Hi - yesterday I bought an upgrade from MC21 Master to MC22 Master. I installed the mjr file on my PC and Mac versions (both are at current release level), got confirmation that the installation was successful but my Registration Info window still shows MC21 Master. Please advise.

Thanks

David

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2016, 09:18:40 am »

Please download the latest version of MC from the download page and install it.

wolfvms

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2016, 09:22:09 am »

I upgraded from MC21 (Windows) to Master MC22 but this upgrade does not work. I did it in accordance with the instruction found on JRiver Web pages: "you can upgrade for $22.98 (normally $30.98) from any Windows, Mac, or Linux version of Media Center all the way back to MC10". Does not "any" mean MC21 Windows? If it is not, the quote is apparently misleading. Please, correct. What shall I do to get at least the working MC22 Windows (when it is available) for the money that I already paid?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2016, 09:24:33 am »

I upgraded from MC21 (Windows) to Master MC22 but this upgrade does not work. I did it in accordance with the instruction found on JRiver Web pages: "you can upgrade for $22.98 (normally $30.98) from any Windows, Mac, or Linux version of Media Center all the way back to MC10". Does not "any" mean MC21 Windows? If it is not, the quote is apparently misleading. Please, correct. What shall I do to get at least the working MC22 Windows (when it is available) for the money that I already paid?

You got a version 22 master license.  Thanks!

You should be able to enter the code in the latest versions of MC21 on any platform.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dadolph

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2016, 09:59:41 am »

I did a fresh download and install as suggested, then installed the MC22 mjr. The Registration Info still shows 21.0.83, Master license.

vinylangel

• Recent member
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2016, 01:35:00 pm »

I have seen similar posts but with no clear replies.  So, I apologize if this is redundant.

I have MC21 installed (master license) on Win7 and purchased an MC22 master license.  I downloaded the license and ran the .mjr file.  When I did so, a box indicated that the license was properly installed.  However, when I look in "Registration Info" in "Help", it indicates JRiver Media Center 21 21.0.83 rather than JRiver Media Center 22 22.0.    Did the MC22 license actually install?  If so, why does it still indicate MC21.   If the MC22 license didn't really install, what else do I need to do?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2016, 01:40:50 pm »

Early builds of MC22 will be available in July.  You will receive an e-mail with instructions.  Thanks for your purchase.

BradATIMA

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2016, 02:16:01 pm »

I have seen similar posts but with no clear replies.  So, I apologize if this is redundant.

I have MC21 installed (master license) on Win7 and purchased an MC22 master license.  I downloaded the license and ran the .mjr file.  When I did so, a box indicated that the license was properly installed.  However, when I look in "Registration Info" in "Help", it indicates JRiver Media Center 21 21.0.83 rather than JRiver Media Center 22 22.0.    Did the MC22 license actually install?  If so, why does it still indicate MC21.   If the MC22 license didn't really install, what else do I need to do?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

The comment "JRiver Media Center 21 21.0.83" in the Registration Information window is referring to the version of Media Center you're running. Just below that it should say something like "(registered Master license)" If you really want to make sure that the version 22 license installed, for Windows, you will need to check the registry.

zkeller

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2016, 01:54:55 pm »

I am disappointed to hear about a new version of MC when I just upgraded to MC21. I can only afford to upgrade from time to time, and I waited for MC 21 and now it is out of date already?

Zane

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2016, 03:01:01 pm »

MC22 won't be available for at least another month.  It will be similar to MC21 in the beginning.

Your license will work with MC21 indefinitely.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2016, 08:19:18 pm »

Hi,
I just bought the upgrade key to v22 and both PC's accepted without problems.
A bit too late, but it still worked.  ;D

batteries4ever

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2016, 11:32:38 am »

Hi Jim, I am running MC19, bought the MC21/22 upgrade. The good news is that it was inexpensive and that the licence works...  :D

But I guess I did something stupid ?: I downloaded and installed MC21 (licence OK), expecting it to either overwrite MC19 or auto-import it's library and settings... :'( I get the option to import stuff, but I feel that shouldn't be necessary. Was I expecting too much here, or did something go wrong? ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2016, 11:58:15 am »

You can backup your library in MC19 and restore it in MC21.  It's under File > Library.

PeterGregg

• Recent member
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2016, 10:40:25 am »

I think the upgrade needs to be a little more informative. I don't think I should have to be asking any questions and i am willing to bet the questions I have are already answered. but they are not very easy to find.

Question 1 - How Do I Upgrade?
There is even a post on this topic. But it only deals with prices, pricing, and costs. So I figured I would look for "How Do I Install The Upgrade". So much stuff to sift thru. Can't be that hard, can it? Why isn't there a sticky called "Installing The Upgrade" to go right along with "How DO I Upgrade"? So what IS the procedure to install the upgrade, is there a simple outline i can follow without reading a large bunch of forum posts?

Question 2 -
Even though I only have 2 computers, i noticed after i bought the upgrade from MC20 to MC21, the downloads for the new license still are counting down. But new people who buy the program fresh would get the full count for downloads. Is that intentional? Is it a handicap to upgrade rather than being a new client?

Thanks,
Peter

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2016, 08:39:16 am »

Early versions of MC22 will be available in July.... Over the next year, there should be about 100 new builds....

Does this mean new builds for MC21 end in July?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2016, 09:02:39 am »

Does this mean new builds for MC21 end in July?
I can't say exactly when that will happen, but it will be sometime soon.

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2016, 01:02:50 am »

Just purchased my upgrade. Really excited to see what features/Improvements are made as MC22 Builds come a long.

adiebear

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2016, 11:20:21 am »

I purchased MC22 for 'Doze 3June. I just downloaded MC22 and tried restoring my license but get an error- registration code invalid (I copied and pasted).
Please help.
Lenovo Tiny>Audioquest Jitterbug>Cary Audio DAC100t>Modwright LS100 pre>Hypex Ncore monoblocks>Eminent Technology LFT8B's and Vandersteen 2Wq subs. Cardas/Audiomica cables

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2016, 11:23:39 am »

I purchased MC22 for 'Doze 3June. I just downloaded MC22 and tried restoring my license but get an error- registration code invalid (I copied and pasted).
Please help.

I sent you a PM.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2016, 11:32:15 am »

I sent you a PM.

And it's all solved.  Good news!

bhf3rd

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2016, 08:25:17 pm »

OK, I'M STUPID. I SAW "UPGRADE ANY VERSION" AND BIT. I HAVE 17. PAID $19 FOR UPGRADE TO 22. got
registration key, clicking it gets me unknown error. so do I have to pay $49 for version 21, or ho9w can I cancel this upgrade.
I am happy with 17 running on windows 7
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up