INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Panel -- A Built-in Web App for MC and Engen  (Read 185308 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: NEW: Panel -- A Built-in Web App for MC and Engen
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2016, 08:38:06 am »

We should add search.  Here's a link that should work for now:

http://[Your IP Address]:52199/Gizmo/searchnew.html

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2016, 08:52:24 am »

Thanks Jim!

MJT

• Recent member
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2016, 08:09:39 pm »

Is there a client connection limit when using WebGizmo/WebPlay?  I will be taking a JRiver Media Center computer on an upcoming vacation with a group of friends and I'm wondering how many could stream music at the same time on smart phones and tablets.

Thanks,
Mike

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2016, 09:30:18 pm »

There is no limit.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2016, 11:46:39 pm »

It would be nice in the power menu to be able to sleep instead of shutdown.  I place my pc into sleep so that I can easily wake it with the harmony remote.

greynolds

« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2016, 10:29:06 am »

Playing with Panel and am seeing the same usability issue that I have when trying to use JRemote to control things. When I start a video that has been previously viewed it comes up (per my settings) asking if I want to restart or resume. There is no way to make the selection other than putting down the device and reaching for the remote. In other apps (for other video players) the 'continue/resume' prompt appears on screen in the app and allow you to make a selection there.
This is something that's been a problem for me in JRemote too.  In addition to videos, it also seems to sometimes happen if I start playing a radio link that I've previously played.  In this situation, I'm using JRemote to control a zone that's connected to a USB DAC, so I'm not actually looking at the JRiver window (or even the same PC at the time) as the JRiver server is in a different room.  It took me a while to figure out why my stream wasn't just playing...  IMO, this needs to be addressed both here and in JRemote.

jachin99

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2016, 09:24:14 am »

i'm having a wierd issue where the panel page will load at times, but not load at other times.  last night, i opened the panel page by clicking on the JRiver Library link in my network folder, and it opened fine.  about five minutes later, I closed the page, and tried to reopen it but I got a page load error.  i was using Microsoft Edge to open Panel, and this was happening on my server so panel would not open in a web page on the same machine that has JRiver.  Any ideas about what I could be doing wrong? 

daithu

• Recent member
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2017, 04:16:58 am »

Hi All,

Can we do something to change the plain icons after going to each section.
For example, audio.......to get those icons look colourful.

tyler69

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2017, 01:52:10 am »

Is this being worked on? I "want" to use it but it seems like a "test"-implementation with regards to UX.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2017, 06:13:53 am »

It's been worked on a lot, but mainly for Lighting, which talks to Engen.  Some of this work will probably migrate back to the rest of Panel.

There may be some things under the settings icon that you haven't found.

I'm thinking about doing a Panel-like app that just plays Playlists.  It's meant for the user who doesn't want to bother learning anything.  This may turn into the Pretty Face app we talked about a year ago.

tyler69

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2017, 07:16:04 am »

Thanks.
I'd like to use it as a remote for MC only. No Engen/Lightning/...
Maybe you could consider putting a few ressources into the "remote control"-functionality/ux of Panel before developing a Panel-like app that plays playlists only (if controlling MC is an intended use case for Panel to you).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2017, 08:41:20 am »

How do you think it should be changed?

MusicHawk

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2017, 11:14:07 am »

I like the remote app/web page that Just Plays Playlists idea a lot. Perfect for family members, the MC equivalent of turning on a radio and choosing a station, or switching a TV to a music channel, or an iPod, or an app like Spotify/Pandora/etc. Simple, one purpose, shows only what the user cares about, no way to get lost, not intimidating.

It could and maybe should be a separate app/web page. Show all the Playlists, or even better, allow specific playlists to be marked in MC to be made available (because some of the stock MC playlists and playlist-related features are not desirable for non-tech user). In my case, about 25 Smartlists would be specified, everything else hidden from play-only users.

My family would love it !!
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

tyler69

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2017, 12:54:58 pm »

How do you think it should be changed?

I summarised the things that come to my mind when using Panel:

1. landing page (Panel) looks nice with the background
2. all other pages look different from the landing page, why not consistent in some way (font, layout, ...) like the settings page?
3. bad looking icons (Album, Artist, Home Icon in the top left...) (see 2)
4. no information about what is currently playing, why not reserving space on top/bottom for playback information (artist, movie, album, duration, ...), maybe even customizable like the info screen on top in MC
5. when browsing albums, it seems there are only so many on one page. why is it necessary to skip "pages" in order to see all albums? they should really be on one page.
6. in tracklist view only titles are shown. why do you not use the remaining space for showing additional information? you could even add links to allmusic, discogs or whatsoever (maybe Panel could read out the metadata of the files played?). this might have potential to be a roon-like interface (with regard to the artist information shown to the user)
7. why is there no easy way to go back to "what is playing now"? i always need to click on "home" in the top left corner. why not make a control panel "sticky" (forward, backwards, volume, ...). maybe together with 4.
8. the volume slider could be worked on (if possible): when dragging it, the latency for the volume to change is quite high, maybe it even changes the volume first when you release the slider?
9. it would be nice to have resizable artwork (maybe like in MC). please take 5 into consideration with this.
10. the possibility of using a tree-like structure next to the usage of icons now implemented for browsing through functions and media might be welcomed by some users
11. why do i need to go through genre or year when browsing (a manually added view in MC) in order to get to the movies? there should probably be options on how browsing through media levels should behave.
12. why is flash player used for video playback? I understand this is a "legacy" technology?
13. more control when playing back video (subtitles, audio stream, ...) would probably benefit the ux
14. why don't you rename the description of the wdm driver from IPC to something like "MC audio" or something not so cryptic.

This definitely has potential, I like the approach but a lot has to be done still (I'm talking exclusively on audio/video functionalities as I do not use the other parts).

EDIT: included 14.

Centurino

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2017, 07:59:56 am »

Any other ideas how to get this working on PC > Chrome or FF browser or Android, same browsers?

On both, the Panel loads, but when any option is chosen, the browser displays "No webpage was found for the web address: http://192.168.0.10:52199/Gizmo/library.html?LibraryLocation=1"

- Ports open: 52100:52199
- W10 Firewall app plus ports allowed.

Gizmo app works fine locally and remotely, as does remote app.

Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2017, 09:42:05 am »

Try it from the same machine, using localhost:52199 in the browser.

At what point do you see the error you describe?

Centurino

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2017, 01:39:17 pm »

localhost:52199 gives the exact same outcome on the same PC, another PC or Android phone running Marshmallow. I see the panel but as soon as I click any of the options (Audio, Playlists, etc) a blank screen is presented in FF and the following message in Chrome "This localhost page can’t be found" "No webpage was found for the web address: http://192.168.0.10:52199/Gizmo/library.html?LibraryLocation=1"

Very odd, thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2017, 02:29:13 pm »

Did you turn on Media Network?

Centurino

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »

Yes, Media Network was on as the Gizmo app and remote all worked fine. Its now working on both browsers, thanks a lot for the fast response / fix.

charlychan

• Recent member
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2017, 07:29:16 am »

There is only one thing realy important to me when using MC and that is next to play music, reading the artwork and info files

If that is possibel with Panel, I'm your man

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2017, 07:48:10 am »

I tried panel because of the e-mail I received. I got music on same PC but but video doesn't play. (Gizmo works on Samsung S7 android) Should I download files to get it working? (MC 22)

adphil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2017, 09:11:01 am »

I can't get in, it is asking me for name and password. Is that right and where do you define that?

I'm using MC 23.0.20 on my Mac with OS X 10.11.6.
Gizmo is working fine.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2017, 09:46:39 am »

Username and password are only required if you have turned on Authentication on the server.  Turn it off if you can't remember.

adphil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2017, 11:18:32 am »

Username and password are only required if you have turned on Authentication on the server.  Turn it off if you can't remember.

Thanks, I got it now. Like some others commented though, video files are not playing. Tried it with Chrome and Safari.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2017, 12:48:30 pm »

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I use Chrome too. (Stopped using IE because it gives so many issues with so many websites.)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2017, 09:10:58 am »

Been watching development of Panel since the Pretty Face discussion and I really like the initiative to unify the interface for all the various web components that have rolled out over time.

Not sure if the project is far enough along to be posting interface problems, and whether this is even the right place for it.  Since Panel seems to be tying a bunch of disparate web interfaces together, should problem reports be separated per interface (on their own boards)?  That would be pretty messy to submit and keep track of and seemingly against the unifying spirit of Panel, but I wouldn't want to clutter up the wrong thread.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2017, 10:44:06 am »

Thanks.  You could post problems here.  There are still a lot of unfinished aspects, a lot of which should get fixed next week.

Schooner

• Recent member
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2017, 01:04:11 pm »

Took me a while, but finally I was able to get into Panel.  When I entered just "loalhost:52199" in the browser, I simply got Google search results.  I had to use the full IP address for Panel to work on my local machine.  And I had to get MC23 to upgrade to MC23.0.36 before it would work.

Panel is quick and easy, but I am not able to see or select tracks.  I can choose entire albums or entire playlists, but the tracks don't show up.  Is this normal?

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2017, 01:48:33 pm »

Assuming the same text as posted here was entered in your browser, you'd need to change it to localhost:52199 (add missing "c")

The web interface seems to be list-based for the time-being so I do not see individual tracks either.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2017, 02:24:24 pm »

There are still a lot of unfinished aspects, a lot of which should get fixed next week.

If there are significant changes on the horizon, I think I'll hold off a week or so then until stuff you're working on is pushed out. 

Changeling

• Recent member
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2017, 02:35:25 am »

Took me a while, but finally I was able to get into Panel.  When I entered just "loalhost:52199" in the browser, I simply got Google search results.  I had to use the full IP address for Panel to work on my local machine.  And I had to get MC23 to upgrade to MC23.0.36 before it would work.

Panel is quick and easy, but I am not able to see or select tracks.  I can choose entire albums or entire playlists, but the tracks don't show up.  Is this normal?

I'm having the same issue when going AUDIO->ALBUM. There's no individual tracks seen.

Other suggestions and feedback:

1. When playing an album and going to the 'Playing Now' screen I had a bluescreen with error in Wdf01000.sys . I can't seem to replicate it so might be completely unrelated to JRiver / Panel.
2. When choosing an album to play I'm not seeing what song is actually playing, not in the bottom of the screen and not if I go into the album folder or on the Playing Now screen.
3.The volume slider in the bottom right should be deactivated/locked/removed when JRiver is not using it (using external preamp/amp). Right now I can move it left/right. Nothing happens when doing so though. (This holds true for Chrome, but not for Explorer where it works like it should)
4. When starting playback from within the JRiver software and then going to Panel the Playing Now screen is blank. It shows the song progress bar on the bottom of the screen but nothing else.
5. When changing zone (I'm using one for headphones and one for monitors, with different DSP) the first time the dropdown looks fine, with 'Here', 'Monitors' and 'Headphones' as my predefined choices. Going to Settings a second time the dropdown suddenly has 3-10 blank choices between the second and last choice. I can pick one but nothing happens. The number of blanks varies.
6. When having solved the problem with individual tracks seen, would there be an option to view album artwork and scanned booklets (PDF, JPEG etc) within Panel? I've gone through the painful task to scan every single inlay, cover and booklet in my collection and I'd love to be able to view them in the browser.
7. Add a zone-change option to the playing now screen. Sometimes I just want to keep the album I'm listening to, but change zone and minimize clicks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2017, 05:50:34 am »

I'm having the same issue when going AUDIO->ALBUM. There's no individual tracks seen.

Click on the album artwork but not in the middle where the Play symbol shows on hovering. Individual tracks display.

Note though that I am on a slightly newer version than you, but I think it worked in MC23.0.36.

Oops: I Meant a newer version. Panel and Web Gizmo are getting a lot of work at the moment. It probably was broken in 36.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Changeling

• Recent member
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2017, 06:12:20 am »

Click on the album artwork but not in the middle where the Play symbol shows on hovering. Individual tracks display.

Note though that I am on a slightly older version than you, but I think it worked in MC23.0.36.
No, they don't display. I'm on MC23.0.36 and when doing what you suggest, here's what I get:

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2017, 02:46:30 am »

localhost:52199 gives the exact same outcome on the same PC, another PC or Android phone running Marshmallow. I see the panel but as soon as I click any of the options (Audio, Playlists, etc) a blank screen is presented in FF and the following message in Chrome "This localhost page can’t be found" "No webpage was found for the web address: http://192.168.0.10:52199/Gizmo/library.html?LibraryLocation=1"

same problem. I've already updated to version 36, but I still can not run Gizmo: I just got the panel and it's enough.

I also tried to disable the firewall completely.

What else should I check?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2017, 07:34:04 am »

Is Media Network on? 

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2017, 11:31:08 am »

Yes sure.

In the end I uninstalled JRiver completely, I restarted the htpc, I reinstalled JRiver by retrieving the library, I restarted the Media Server, and now everything works, or almost ...

You see everything excluded from the Movies folder

jkolker

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2017, 12:45:51 pm »

Try updating to the latest.  I had that exact same thing but updated to .45 and it seemed to work.

Now the movies are listed, but they are not iconized.  It's just a list of the movies. 

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2017, 01:25:23 am »

perfect, I updated to .45, and now it works. ;D

There are no posters, but everything works.

Thank you

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2017, 01:50:30 pm »

If there are significant changes on the horizon, I think I'll hold off a week or so then until stuff you're working on is pushed out.
So, looks like holding off on feedback was the right call as the latest updates have addressed the great majority of the issues I was seeing with Panel.  I see individual tracks in now, I don't get stranded in one of the sub-areas anymore, and album art displays consistently.  The only quibble I have is that clicking on System Settings kills playback without warning, but that's almost never going to come up in normal use.  Great job on the updates!

Changeling

• Recent member
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2017, 01:20:49 am »

So, looks like holding off on feedback was the right call as the latest updates have addressed the great majority of the issues I was seeing with Panel.  I see individual tracks in now, I don't get stranded in one of the sub-areas anymore, and album art displays consistently.  The only quibble I have is that clicking on System Settings kills playback without warning, but that's almost never going to come up in normal use.  Great job on the updates!
Individual tracks seen, I have the same problem with System Settings.
In addition I've had another BSOD with wdf01000.sys just now.
But all in all I think this is coming together quite nicely

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2017, 02:57:17 am »

Still no video using localhost:52199 on MC22, audio does play!

mordac

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2017, 04:31:02 am »

Nice !

just one little issue to be reported.  I hace customized the Thumbnail text in JRiver views (see attached screenshot), and Panel does not recognize the HTML tags. Probably an easy fix  ;)

Changeling

• Recent member
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2017, 01:40:10 am »

Update:

1. When playing an album and going to the 'Playing Now' screen I had a bluescreen with error in Wdf01000.sys . I can't seem to replicate it so might be completely unrelated to JRiver / Panel. I've had another BSOD related to the same file, but I can't seem to understand why it happens.
2. When choosing an album to play I'm not seeing what song is actually playing, not in the bottom of the screen and not if I go into the album folder or on the Playing Now screen.Fixed from .45
3.The volume slider in the bottom right should be deactivated/locked/removed when JRiver is not using it (using external preamp/amp). Right now I can move it left/right. Nothing happens when doing so though. (This holds true for Chrome, but not for Explorer where it works like it should)Fixed from .45
4. When starting playback from within the JRiver software and then going to Panel the Playing Now screen is blank. It shows the song progress bar on the bottom of the screen but nothing else.Fixed from .45
5. When changing zone (I'm using one for headphones and one for monitors, with different DSP) the first time the dropdown looks fine, with 'Here', 'Monitors' and 'Headphones' as my predefined choices. Going to Settings a second time the dropdown suddenly has 3-10 blank choices between the second and last choice. I can pick one but nothing happens. The number of blanks varies.Fixed from .45
6. When having solved the problem with individual tracks seen, would there be an option to view album artwork and scanned booklets (PDF, JPEG etc) within Panel? I've gone through the painful task to scan every single inlay, cover and booklet in my collection and I'd love to be able to view them in the browser. This would be such a great improvement
7. Add a zone-change option to the playing now screen. Sometimes I just want to keep the album I'm listening to, but change zone and minimize clicks.

8. When starting playback from JRiver running on media server (for example after having adjusted a setting or similar) I can't seem to control that zone from Panel anymore. When changing zone in settings, nothing happens. I have to go back to the software, stop playback, reconnect to panel and re-start playback.

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2017, 06:13:53 am »

I've just started playing with Panel.

I used to use Webgizmo in a window in HSTouch (Homeseer remote application) to control JRiver, which worked OK.

The new Panel sort of works but not in a usable way.

There seems to be no persistence of settings. Set it to control output on the server (which is what I want as the default), navigate away from the page and return the zone is reset to local, so you have to go back to settings to change the zone again. There seems to be no way to show the remote playlist again.

When playing from the server there is no cover-art display and the progress bar doesn't show progress. (Both used to work in WebGizmo.)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2017, 06:52:16 am »

Those should be fixed this week or next.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2017, 08:55:25 am »

Nice !

just one little issue to be reported.  I hace customized the Thumbnail text in JRiver views (see attached screenshot), and Panel does not recognize the HTML tags. Probably an easy fix  ;)

How do you get Panel to use the thumbnail text from standard view? I only see one line of thumbnail text and there is no place in the customize setup for Webgizmo to set thumbnail text.

DJLegba

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2017, 05:07:30 pm »

Panel is progressing nicely, although there is still a lot to do. I think you should change the icon that indicates the active track in the playlist. It looks like a "twisty" and in fact you use the same icon elsewhere as something that can be clicked on to open up more information. Clicking on the twisty in the playing now list simply starts the track again from the beginning.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2017, 01:28:57 am »

perfect, I updated to .45, and now it works. ;D

There are no posters, but everything works.

Thank you

I solved the panel problem, but the 45 version created another annoying problem :(

I set JRiver so that the media server starts at startup so that you can start the player from the remote control. Until the previous versions worked all the time though, when I turn off and put the htpc on hold, after a few seconds it reboots. If I close the media server, it does not turn on again.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2017, 10:32:12 am »

Panel is really looking sharp. I've got it working outside my network and it's running really well.

Question, why is the default volume at 50 percent?

From an Android phone, volume doesn't show up at all. [Edit I found the volume control by selecting "Request Desktop Site", and it works.]

Default at 100 percent volume would make more sense for a web page player, esp for mobile.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2017, 11:41:06 am »

No video playing. I found out there's text (black on black): Loading the video player ... on the middle top of page.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up