INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Panel -- A Built-in Web App for MC and Engen  (Read 183410 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: Panel -- A Built-in Web App for MC and Engen
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2017, 09:27:29 pm »

I use Firefox on an S7 and have never seen that problem. I just tried Chrome on my S7 and it worked fine. Not sure what your problem is, but wanted to let you know that Chrome works OK for me on my phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2017, 06:19:29 am »

timwtheov,
Firewall?

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:22 am »

Yeah, tried turning off Windows Defender's firewall in both public and private networks, to no avail. In fact, I believe that screenshot was taken with the firewall off. Regardless, just tried it again and same result with localhost:52199.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2017, 08:19:44 am »

Try power cycling everything.

BradATIMA

« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2017, 08:37:06 am »

Anyone having problems with Panel freezing when it's accessed? I searched Interact a bit but couldn't find anything.

I've tried it using Chrome and Microsoft Edge on both my desktop (the localhost) and laptop PCs, and I even tried it on my Galaxy S7's Chrome browser as well, and each time the page loads after I enter the User and Password, but I can't push any buttons (including the settings button) and eventually it times out, giving me the little Chrome sad face when I'm on that browser. I believe I tried it once after it launched from an external location to no avail as well. Media Network works, as I use JRemote all the time, both inside and outside my network. My antivirus is Windows Defender, and again, I think it's all set up properly, given that I can use Webgizmo, Gizmo, and JRemote within or without my network.

I attached a jpeg below. This is what happens every time. Any suggestions?

I noticed that in the image you posted, Panel isn't showing an images category. Did you remove or modify that category? If not, then that seems like it might be a clue.

MGintis

« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2017, 08:43:55 am »

Can you point me to a post on hints to set up "Port Forwarding" so that I can use "Panel" from outside my house?

Or, if one does not exist (I have searched), could you create one?

Thanks,

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2017, 08:45:37 am »

The wiki has a topic called Network Access.

Try your router manufacturer for specific instructions.

DJLegba

« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2017, 09:12:04 am »

^ It froze on me once when I had the "About" dialog showing on the server, but I couldn't reproduce that problem.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2017, 11:39:35 am »

@JimH: tried a power cycle, but still get the same: "Page Unresponsive" in Chrome and the equivalent in MS Edge.

@BradATIMA: I didn't do anything with "Images" in MC: still there, still working, though I never use it. That is strange that it doesn't show up in Panel, though.

@DJLegba: Yeah, didn't/don't have the "About" window up on MC. Thanks, though.

Any screenshots or log files I can send? It wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't get up and running, but now I'm curious.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2017, 12:03:18 pm »

What version of MC are you running?

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:23 pm »

23.0.70 64 bit

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2017, 06:10:50 pm »

Panel on mobile devices is getting better, especially on tablets.  I like the wrapped thumbnail text and the number of albums/tracks in the album cover. But on tablets and especially on phones there are still some issues due to the small size. Here are some suggestions to think about, some based on things I like about Gizmo.  All of them are aimed at maximizing usability on a small screen. I understand this is tough when you are designing for both 21" screens and small phones.

1) Thumbnail Size  - The thumbnails in Panel should be smaller for a mobile device.   If I compare Gizmo, there are 5 albums across and 6 vertically on my small tablet in vertical mode versus 4 vertical and 4 horizontally in Panel - so twice at many album covers with Gizmo. There should be a slider that lets you change the size. Or possible, pinch the touch screen to change the size. Or a small, medium, large checkbox for cover art size.

2) Persistence of Playing Now in Album Cover view - After playing a track, if you return to the album cover views, a small version of playing now stays at the bottom on the screen. On a phone, that takes a significant amount of space. It would be nice to have an option to return to the album view without the playing now information at the bottom. A cover art icon in the top line that skips back without displaying the playing now option could do that.

3) Tag and Track Information To Show on Small Screen in Playing Now  -  In Gizmo in Playing Now if you hit the list button, it switches between a album cover view with track name, album name and artist name and a track view list.  Panel tries to do that all on one screen which means the tag information is either not there or truncated and the list is short. The ability to switch between the two types of views might be useful. One thought is to be able to tap on the cover art in playing now and have it get smaller and show the tag information. This would be a toggle. Particularly helpful on a vertical phone view.

4) Scrolling Track List  -  In Playing Now, when you scroll both the cover art and the track list scrolls. It would be nice to leave the album art in place  and scroll just the track information. In addition, when advancing from track to track, the display does not automatically scroll so when you get to the end of a screen you have to manual scroll to see the rest of the list.

5) Playing Now Tags for Classical - Playing Now shows artist, album and track. This is not optimal for classical music. There should be some way to show composer for classical. It could be inherited from the categories in the view, for example.  Using existing tags may not be good enough, since genre could be something like Opera. The simplest way would be to have each view specify the fields to be display, although that mechanism does not currently exist in defining views, other than the categories defined.

For some of these options, they may be only applicable on a small device. A Mobile checkbox in Settings would allow the user to select when to use the mobile settings.

Anyway, those are some of the things I see as possible improvements for mobile devices. You have probably thought of some or all of those things, but hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2017, 06:58:55 pm »

Thanks for your list.

MGintis

« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2017, 03:04:08 pm »

Could you add a little more, in general, about how to get access outside of one's local network? Setting up port forwarding is not enough. I don't know what is missing.

Also, if Authentication is turned on, where do you approve the UN and PW so that no one else can get into the computer running MC?

Or, if I have missed a post about this, please point me to it.

Thanks,

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2017, 06:37:29 pm »

Did you read the wiki topic called Network Access?

For your own router, please read the manufacturer's instructions.  They vary.

You're opening a single port and re-directing it via port forwarding to a single computer where MC is running.

When you're uncertain what to do, try using Google to search for the question you have.  Include jriver to get more specific links.

For "port forwarding", doing that would get you the wikipedia topic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding

okey

• Recent member
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2017, 02:20:49 pm »

I have updated to the latest version tonight, but now when i click on panel on my android, the display is all over the place, it worked flawlessly on 23.0.60 but not now,  i have uploaded a screenshot, any ideas

BradATIMA

« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2017, 03:51:00 pm »

I have updated to the latest version tonight, but now when i click on panel on my android, the display is all over the place, it worked flawlessly on 23.0.60 but not now,  i have uploaded a screenshot, any ideas

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and history?

okey

• Recent member
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2017, 06:24:14 am »

yes, tried clearing the history and cache, but still the same, worked fine before tho, even from my ipad it does not look right as before

BradATIMA

« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2017, 09:01:34 am »

yes, tried clearing the history and cache, but still the same, worked fine before tho, even from my ipad it does not look right as before

Try deleting the Default folder for Panel in Media Center and then reinstalling the latest version of Media Center. The default location for the folder on Windows is:

<Drive>:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 23\Data\Panel\Root\Default (32-bit)
<Drive>:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 23\Data\Panel\Root\Default (64-bit)

When you reinstall Media Center, it will rebuild the Panel directory.

Fingerling

• Recent member
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »

Used to JRemote, I've tried Panel for the first time today with MC23.0.73 64bits on my Android smartphone. It is incomplete but really promising.

Here the problems I encounter:
  • Slow thumbnail building and scrolling
  • No current played track progression
  • When played on TV videos are launched minimized in Display
  • The back arrow revert on top of the precedent view
  • No italic or bold in custom library fields (instead the balises are displayed)
  • No small thumbnails in the list of the album songs

What I would like to see:
  • Colored library items icons
  • Inside sorting options
  • An alphabet

tyler69

« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2017, 12:54:26 am »

How can I
1. change the icon colors
2. remove icons (e.g. I do not want the Engen icon, I do not want to see the Genre icon)
3. Resize the icons
?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2017, 06:53:05 am »

At this time, I don't think you can.  The Engen button will probably disappear soon, unless you have Engen installed.

We're still concentrating on the core functionality.  When that's right, we'll think about options.  Don't expect many.

BradATIMA

« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:27 am »

How can I
1. change the icon colors
2. remove icons (e.g. I do not want the Engen icon, I do not want to see the Genre icon)
3. Resize the icons

At the moment, you cannot change the color of the icons. You also cannot remove the Engen and the Radio KISS icons. You can add/remove/edit the other category icons from Media Center. To do this, go to Tools -> Options -> Media Network, and under Advanced is the option "Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel." This will bring up a dialogue to edit the categories. You will need to restart Media Center before any changes you make will take effect. Icons cannot be resized aside from changing the width of the browser window.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2017, 12:00:48 pm »

At the moment, you cannot change the color of the icons. You also cannot remove the Engen and the Radio KISS icons. You can add/remove/edit the other category icons from Media Center. To do this, go to Tools -> Options -> Media Network, and under Advanced is the option "Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel." This will bring up a dialogue to edit the categories. You will need to restart Media Center before any changes you make will take effect. Icons cannot be resized aside from changing the width of the browser window.

I do not see that option under Advanced or under Panel. Panel has an Appearance option, but there is no option other than a directory box  that not go to the directory is has at the top of the box.

Did I miss something?

BradATIMA

« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2017, 01:01:28 pm »

I do not see that option under Advanced or under Panel. Panel has an Appearance option, but there is no option other than a directory box  that not go to the directory is has at the top of the box.

Did I miss something?

It should be the first item under Advanced.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2017, 05:15:28 pm »

Got it. I thought there was something new for Panel that provided more customization.

stevedig

• Recent member
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2017, 10:20:55 pm »

for this one...

"
2) Persistence of Playing Now in Album Cover view - After playing a track, if you return to the album cover views, a small version of playing now stays at the bottom on the screen. On a phone, that takes a significant amount of space. It would be nice to have an option to return to the album view without the playing now information at the bottom. A cover art icon in the top line that skips back without displaying the playing now option could do that.
"

i think all you need to do is hit the refresh button on the browser when the player is stopped, the player vanishes. the controls stay but the viewer clears.

If I could humbly add a couple of requests.

a. When you drill down into an album's content, i.e the list of songs in an album, perhaps we could throw a thumbnail of the album cover in the header next to the back button (thanks for that) and the home button?  (just a thought)

b. Need cover art for movie and tv shows, right down to the individual items under tv seasons or in a list of movies. I'm hoping that's in the plan somewhere.

c. Much like the other requester mentioned regarding album art in the player... it would be nice if the video player would freeze in place above the list of items being played instead of disappearing as you scroll down the list. if you guys get a chance to tweak the one, tweaking both would be great.

d. Color options for the home screen buttons. Some darker colors would be a plus. In a darkened room the pastels can be rather bright.

Absolutely love what you guys are doing with this. Keep it coming, I can't wait for each update to see what's new.

BradATIMA

« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2017, 10:06:57 am »

c. Much like the other requester mentioned regarding album art in the player... it would be nice if the video player would freeze in place above the list of items being played instead of disappearing as you scroll down the list. if you guys get a chance to tweak the one, tweaking both would be great.

This should already be working as of build 23.0.77.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2017, 11:07:33 am »

Does not work for me via localhost. I run bitdefender 2018. Turned off antivirus and firewall... nothing sadly.

Running latest 64 bit.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2017, 12:37:01 pm »

What's the localhost command you used?

What happens if you click on this?

http://localhost:52199

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2017, 01:05:48 pm »

What's the localhost command you used?

What happens if you click on this?

http://localhost:52199

Yeah that's what I did, and I also used the IP address of the localhost. Sadly it's refusing to connect on Chrome or Firefox.

Media Server is running in the tray area.

Appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2017, 01:23:04 pm »

What version of MC do you have installed?

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2017, 01:50:13 pm »

What version of MC do you have installed?

23.0.73 (64-bit).

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2017, 02:17:55 pm »

I'm betting that the AV is still causing problems.

At a command prompt, type:  netstat -a

You should see an entry for 52199, something like this

TCP 0.0.0.0:52199   Your macchine   LISTENING

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2017, 02:18:28 pm »

Also, did you try another browser?

BradATIMA

« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2017, 02:28:53 pm »

Does not work for me via localhost. I run bitdefender 2018. Turned off antivirus and firewall... nothing sadly.

Running latest 64 bit.

Just to be certain, do you have Media Networking enabled in Media Center? Panel will not work if it's not enabled.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2017, 02:53:43 pm »

Just to be certain, do you have Media Networking enabled in Media Center? Panel will not work if it's not enabled.

That's it, I guess I missed this in the instructions? If so I didn't see it I'm sorry to be so dumb..

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2017, 03:00:04 pm »

That's it, I guess I missed this in the instructions? If so I didn't see it I'm sorry to be so dumb..
No.  That was my fault.  I left it out of the instructions.  Now fixed in the first post.  Thanks for your patience.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2017, 03:23:12 pm »

Thanks guys..

tyler69

« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2017, 10:25:50 am »

Playback information does not show up for me. It shows only after I go to the "playing now" icon on top right. Also, the information still does not change with track changes (when listening to an album). Neither in "playing now", nor on the bottom left.

BradATIMA

« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2017, 11:25:08 am »

Playback information does not show up for me. It shows only after I go to the "playing now" icon on top right. Also, the information still does not change with track changes (when listening to an album). Neither in "playing now", nor on the bottom left.

Which browser are you using, and does it do this with other browsers?

tyler69

« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2017, 11:34:02 am »

Safari on macOS. Tried out chrome on macOS and it is showing the same behavior. In chrome it even doesn't show the track progress (stays at 0:00). EDIT: just checked, progress does also not move forward on safari.

Manfred

« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2017, 07:34:58 am »

Does Panel run on Smart TV e.g. LG OLED?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2017, 10:00:51 am »

Panel runs on anything with a browser that supports HTML5.

Manfred

« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2017, 10:03:37 am »

Thanks Jim. I will try. But the Browser on LG Smart TV is slow .-)
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2017, 03:31:19 am »

Hi, this is great ! A few questions:   

1) when i use the panel (mc23) on my laptop (firefox) to display images i can make them full screen.. but when i use the panel on my iphone or ipad using either safari or chrome or firefox i cannot make the images show as full screen but only small image (when tipping the square box in the image nothing happens - while on my laptop browser the image is displayed in full screen)

2) when displaying music the panel shows 2 files for each song since i have both a flac and mp3 version of each number in my library .. how can we filter out that only one file type is displayed in panel (or maybe even filter out based on other attributes)?

thanks regards koen

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: Panel -- A Built-in Web App for MC and Engeni
« Reply #246 on: November 07, 2017, 07:08:50 am »

Playing Now on KISS looks a lot better than on Panel. Artwork, track titles, all look great on KISS. No artwork and truncated file names on Panel.

I'm comparing this, which appears after I load the KISS Webplayer url:

http://localhost:52199/WebPlayer/#/playing

And this, which is the Panel default playing now:

http://localhost:52199/Panel/#/playing

I'll attach screenshots if it helps compare. I'm using version MC23.0.80.

Any chance the Webplayer could be the default playing now page? Any particular reason to develop two separate now playing pages?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #247 on: November 07, 2017, 09:48:37 am »

drmimosa.

Your links don't show anything so screenshots would be good.

Cheers,
Rod

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2017, 10:28:23 am »

Thanks, I didn't want to list my machine online. You can plug in your own ip address to test, sorry that wasn't clearer.

In any case, I added some screenshots, good suggestion.

Also, I'm using Chrome on Android but can duplicate this on other browsers and machines.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2017, 11:56:16 am »

I changed the links to use localhost.  Should work for anyone if you're running MC or Media Server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up