INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Panel -- A Built-in Web App for MC and Engen  (Read 185565 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: Panel -- A Built-in Web App for MC and Engen
« Reply #300 on: December 13, 2017, 12:53:14 pm »

Could you post a design that doesn't look horrible?

Absolutely, please find attached screenshot.

tyler69

« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2017, 12:56:04 pm »

looks ok to me so I suggest showing a pic to illustrate

Yes. Please see attached screenshots.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #302 on: December 13, 2017, 02:17:48 pm »

It seems the text does not wrap when it is a long string on yours, what browser and resolution is that?

EDIT: I guess that is a desktop browser, panel certainly looks a lot better on my phone than on a PC (the ratio of text to icon is much bigger on PC vs phone)

tyler69

« Reply #303 on: December 13, 2017, 03:21:16 pm »

Thanks, it's safari on a macbook running macOS (2.304 x 1.440).

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #304 on: December 15, 2017, 10:05:27 pm »

BUG - collating display on recent list? Server side bug perhaps because this behavious exists on both Panel and Gizmo.

When looking at Recent music listing the one I use most; if there is an album of the same name - all of the tracks appear under the most recent album. For example I added recently Kiss album 'Revenge' but under it is both tracks from Kiss and also tracks from Eurythmics album of the same name. What's worse is they are alphabetical so Kiss is at the bottom of the list. When I scoll down to where the Eurythmics album is - it is not listed.

I have a total of 24 albums called "Greatest Hits" and they all apear under the most recently added 'greatest hits' album and disappear off the place in the list they used to be. So under the latest one I added which was Simply Red Greatest Hits, it lists 474 tracks but none of the other Greatest Hits albums exist in the Recent list anymore. As mentioned this behavious occurs in Gizmo also. In the main library on the server they are correctly displayed.

Enhancement: Also when scroll any list be Recent, Album, Artist - when driling into the album to see the track list, then go back to the list, the HTML page does not hold the scroll position and you end up right back at the top again. So when looking for a particular album with a track I remember I have to constantly scoll back to where I was before. Can this be fixed somehow?

Thanks - love the product...
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #305 on: December 15, 2017, 10:40:13 pm »

Bug? I have stock standard setup in Media network, using port 52199.

When in browser , Localhost:52199 everything works as expected except when I hit the light bulb icon (not sure what it is but...), then I get the browser error
~~~
Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://localhost:52125
Search for "http://localhost:52125" on Bing
Refresh the page
~~~

Seems like it has jumped across to use a different port number. This is on new installation of Windows 10-64, and running MC23.0.91?

David
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2017, 01:57:05 am »

Bug? I have stock standard setup in Media network, using port 52199.

When in browser , Localhost:52199 everything works as expected except when I hit the light bulb icon (not sure what it is but...), then I get the browser error
~~~
Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://localhost:52125
Search for "http://localhost:52125" on Bing
Refresh the page
~~~

Seems like it has jumped across to use a different port number. This is on new installation of Windows 10-64, and running MC23.0.91?

David
Not a bug.  Lighting (Engen) uses 52125.  It won't work unless you have a Z-Stick.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2017, 01:59:49 am »

BUG - collating display on recent list? Server side bug perhaps because this behavious exists on both Panel and Gizmo.
Please try 23.0.91, available at the top of this board.
Thanks - love the product...
Thank you.

tyler69

« Reply #308 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:56 am »

Can the light bulb (or the other buttons) be made optional to the user?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2017, 03:28:15 am »

We'll make a change soon for lighting.  Not sure about others.

tyler69

« Reply #310 on: December 16, 2017, 04:41:23 am »

Thanks. For consistency sake it would be nice to make changes to all of the icons. Also one can change the JRemote categories in MC. I'm thinking of an area in MC that let's the users define what they want to see in JRemote and Panel (not sure what else you offer). It might be a setting per "app". That would offer a single point of defining GUI's and the user could adapt all touchpoints with MC to his needs.   

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #311 on: December 16, 2017, 08:20:20 pm »

Please try 23.0.91, available at the top of this board.Thank you.

Thanks Jim - but I am already running 23.0.91?

David
Dave
------

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #312 on: December 16, 2017, 08:23:44 pm »

Not a bug.  Lighting (Engen) uses 52125.  It won't work unless you have a Z-Stick.

Thanks - I didn't know what the light bulb was for, so I will leave that alone now. Z-Stick is not available in Australia.
Dave
------

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2017, 02:32:31 am »

Thanks - I didn't know what the light bulb was for, so I will leave that alone now. Z-Stick is not available in Australia.
It looks like it is available there:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,48.0.html

There are at least two frequencies that Z-Wave uses, so you need to find devices that work in your part of the world.

More on our Engen board here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,48.0.html

rlebrette

« Reply #314 on: December 19, 2017, 02:34:33 am »

I recently played with Panel, and it's becoming really usable. Keep up the good work!

It's still slow on displaying a lot of albums/videos/photos even on a gigabit network, I think that resources for items should be loaded in a lazy way (I mean just load what's currently in the display port).
Some years ago I've done a rewrite of Gizmo that uses external libraries (jquey-lazy-load) to help on managing this kind of aspect.
The sources are still available on GitHub: https://github.com/rlebrette/jrmc-jqm-gizmo

What about customizing the category/artists/composer icons, is it something planned? That could be used in the main interface too (standard and theater).

BradATIMA

« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2017, 08:27:39 am »

Can the light bulb (or the other buttons) be made optional to the user?

This is technically already possible with most of the buttons, but it needs to be done in Media Center. With the exception of the Engen button and Radio KISS button, the other buttons can be changed by going to Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel...

This brings up a dialog with the category structure that the user can modify. Just keep in mind that any changes here will affect JRemote, Gizmo, and Panel.

I will make the Engen button only appear if the Engen server is running.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2017, 07:48:31 am »

Is it possible to get Authentication for Panel directly from he URL, instead of logging into the popup windows?

For example, https://localhost:52199/[Username]:[Password]/Panel/#/browse

I have a few applications where I want a direct link to pull up the website, but I want a password to protect forward facing web ports.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: December 20, 2017, 07:52:40 am »

The syntax for that in URLs is the other way around:

http://username:password@localhost:52199/Panel/#/browse

Not sure that works reliably in panel quite yet, in a quick try it was a bit weird, but give it a shot regardless!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rlebrette

« Reply #318 on: December 20, 2017, 08:28:59 am »

The syntax for that in URLs is the other way around:

Not sure that works reliably in panel quite yet, in a quick try it was a bit weird, but give it a shot regardless!
It works perfect, it initiates an HTTP Basic Auth exactly like you have the authentication box. The only downside is that all credentials are visible in the URL.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #319 on: December 20, 2017, 08:36:35 am »

I will make the Engen button only appear if the Engen server is running.

Could you do the same for Car Radio? I do not use it and if I hit the button it says there  no  Car Radio buttons have been saved.  Or, just let me deselect it in Media Network Setup.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #320 on: December 20, 2017, 08:52:54 am »

It works perfect, it initiates an HTTP Basic Auth exactly like you have the authentication box. The only downside is that all credentials are visible in the URL.
Yes, works perfectly for me as well, both on local network and from the web. Thanks.

Does MCWS support Read-Only Authentication? If so, that might allow me to share Panel without giving out my "root" MC Authentication info.

Otherwise, sharing a Panel link with friends family gives access to system settings like shutdown and restart.

Perhaps Read Only login to Panel could limit playback to the Panel and not control MC Zones as well. Thanks for considering these suggestions!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #321 on: December 20, 2017, 09:21:58 am »

dtc,

You can right click on the Car Radio buttons and choose Auto-fill.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:37 am »

dtc,

You can right click on the Car Radio buttons and choose Auto-fill.

Understood. It is just not the way I listen to music.  I either listen to whole albums or jump around DJ style.

BradATIMA

« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2017, 11:22:24 am »

Does MCWS support Read-Only Authentication?

Yes. Settings options like Shutdown and Restart require full authentication. These options will not work with read-only authentication, but you can still connect to Panel with read-only authentication.

jachin99

« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »

Just my 2 cents but I have actually come to like the idea of panel type interfaces that are really simple and run on low power devices.  I think this kind of thing is necessary to stay current with changes in new technologies

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2017, 03:13:56 pm »

Yes. Settings options like Shutdown and Restart require full authentication. These options will not work with read-only authentication, but you can still connect to Panel with read-only authentication.

Gotcha. Set up read only and it works now with the link syntax above. Thank you.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2017, 04:05:42 pm »

Any ideas on a Guest Mode? Or password protection (separate, of course, from giving them my Admin password)? Would love to share my library with some folks in my world, but seeing the new enhanced Settings (reboot, network options, etc.) make me nervous, putting them in someone else's hands...

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2017, 10:01:23 pm »

Any ideas on a Guest Mode? Or password protection (separate, of course, from giving them my Admin password)?

That's exactly what I was enquiring about. It turns out you can currently set up a "read only" password for Panel. Go to Options=>Network and enable authentication. Then click on Read Only Authentication.

Share a link with the following syntax, using the read-only password and username and replacing the localhost with your WAN IP address:

It's not exactly a guest mode, as the user still has control of local Zones. But it doesn't allow for shutdown options. They will still appear, just won't work as a Read-only user.

Adding some options for restrictions on zones might be helpful in the future. Or, a WAN Guest mode in addition to root and read-only.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2017, 05:49:56 am »

I have a total of 24 albums called "Greatest Hits" and they all apear under the most recently added 'greatest hits' album and disappear off the place in the list they used to be. So under the latest one I added which was Simply Red Greatest Hits, it lists 474 tracks but none of the other Greatest Hits albums exist in the Recent list anymore. As mentioned this behavious occurs in Gizmo also. In the main library on the server they are correctly displayed.

Is it just me then that sees this in panel, gizmo?
Dave
------

BradATIMA

« Reply #329 on: December 22, 2017, 07:29:47 am »

Is it just me then that sees this in panel, gizmo?

No. I can reproduce this problem, but I'm not sure how long it will take to fix.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2017, 11:03:06 am »

Really impressed with the development on Panel! I'm using it every day now.

Here's my current feature wish list:

• See Album and Artist results (instead of just tracks) in Search and start playback
  • Start Playback with Play Doctor
  • Save Car Radio Buttons to my phone's Home Screen

Thanks again!

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2017, 01:16:42 pm »

I like the fact that with Panel, you've focused on simplicity and ease-of-use. To that end, a recommendation, if you don't mind: Remove the zones from the settings and let them live under their own icon, something that suggests rooms (perhaps). This way, you are putting the most important choices out front for the user -- what to play and where to play it. The zones, to me, aren't really a setting, anyway. And this way, you aren't inviting a novice user to start playing with any actual settings.

(I also agree with the people who've been suggesting some sort of user-account control. I want to give certain users the opportunity to listen to music on their own computers and mobile devices but I don't want them to be able to modify my library, play music on my home speakers, rummage through my photos or (if I were using Engen) operate my lights.)

Thanks for all the hard work. 

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2017, 11:58:00 pm »

I just got my Id Pi up and running - playing hi res and DSD files nicely from my Synology NAS to my DAC. I have been playing with Panel and JRemote today and have a few issues.

1- When I search in Panel using my iPad, the search results are not scrollable and the page numbers at the top are not static - they change (search works well on my Windows laptop and in JRemote).
2- Also, I just tried shutting down or rebooting from Panel on both the laptop and the iPad with no success.

I am trying to move to disconnecting the monitor, keyboard, and mouse but not being able to control the Id Pi remotely for a clean shutdown wouldn't allow me to do this.

Comments? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #333 on: December 28, 2017, 12:18:05 am »

You need to set up authentication on the server before a remote reboot will work.

We're still working on Panel.

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2017, 09:27:43 am »

You need to set up authentication on the server before a remote reboot will work.
Could you hasten my search for the procedure to authenticate?

Thanks!

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2017, 09:49:11 am »

Tools - Options - Media Network - Authentication

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: December 28, 2017, 09:57:00 am »

The options page has a search window.

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #337 on: December 28, 2017, 11:25:20 am »

Thank you dtc and JimH - shutdown and reboot work perfect!

New question: I've found using the search "wizard" in MC on my Windows laptop to be invaluable in finding my HiRes (bitdepth=16) and DSD(bitdepth=1) files.

Is/will this be supported in Panel/JRemote?

Comments? Thank you.

bean_counter

• Recent member
« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2017, 10:36:42 am »

Just installed Panel on my Christmas gift iPad; essentially using it to replace Gizmo, which I had on an old cheapo Android tablet.  Has been a fairly seamless transition from Gizmo, but there's one thing that sticks out - scrolling. 

When scrolling through the Album thumbnails, the display doesn't "freewheel" when given a vigorous swipe.  It only moves are far as your finger, and stops right there.  With some long-ish album titles wrapped and taking up a lot of vertical space, sometimes I'm only scrolling a couple of rows at a time.  Makes finding albums a bit slow and clumsy.  I suppose I could reduce the number of thumbnails per page and navigate between pages, but it's still slower.

A "free-wheeling" swipe, or a "slider" button on the side, might make things a lot more user friendly. 

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #339 on: December 29, 2017, 10:42:05 am »

Just installed Panel on my Christmas gift iPad; essentially using it to replace Gizmo, which I had on an old cheapo Android tablet.  Has been a fairly seamless transition from Gizmo, but there's one thing that sticks out - scrolling. 

When scrolling through the Album thumbnails, the display doesn't "freewheel" when given a vigorous swipe.  It only moves are far as your finger, and stops right there.  With some long-ish album titles wrapped and taking up a lot of vertical space, sometimes I'm only scrolling a couple of rows at a time.  Makes finding albums a bit slow and clumsy.  I suppose I could reduce the number of thumbnails per page and navigate between pages, but it's still slower.

A "free-wheeling" swipe, or a "slider" button on the side, might make things a lot more user friendly.

I asked the same question a couple of days ago and JimH said they are still working on Panel which implies they know of the problem. It scrolls fine on my laptop with a mouse.

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2017, 10:43:09 am »

New question: I've found using the search "wizard" in MC on my Windows laptop to be invaluable in finding my HiRes (bitdepth=16) and DSD(bitdepth=1) files.

Comments? Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2017, 12:18:25 pm »

I don't think so.  You could possibly build playlists of those files.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2017, 12:25:08 pm »

bean counter,
Make sure you have the latest build from this board.

bean_counter

• Recent member
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2017, 12:54:32 pm »

bean counter,
Make sure you have the latest build from this board.

Pretty sure I have build 91 running (64 bit), it updated when I rebooted my PC and restarted MC earlier this week before I tried Panel.   

I'll check again when I get home.

Confirmed - running build 91

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2017, 01:06:28 pm »

Comments? Thank you.

You can create a view for the remotes with hi-rez files only. You just need to set a rule to include only files with a sample rate above 44.1K.  If you include 24/44 files as hi-rez, you can include that in the criteria (bitdept not equal to 16).

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2017, 07:47:02 pm »

You can create a view for the remotes with hi-rez files only. You just need to set a rule to include only files with a sample rate above 44.1K.  If you include 24/44 files as hi-rez, you can include that in the criteria (bitdept not equal to 16).

I don't understand- do I create this rule in MC on the Id Pi? When I use the MC wizard on the Id Pi to search for hires/DSD files, it shows nothing. The same search on my laptop in MC shows the correct search results.

I am running the latest update for the Id Pi - MC 23.0.84, ID 22.0.80 (I assume Panel updates with Id Pi updates).

Thank you for some direction :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2017, 12:49:19 am »

Views are configured on the server.  MC on the Id, in this case.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Customize_Views_for_Gizmo,_WebRemote,_and_DLNA.

Not all fields are searchable by default, but you can tell MC that you want a field (tag) to be searchable.

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2017, 07:01:18 pm »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Customize_Views_for_Gizmo,_WebRemote,_and_DLNA.

Not all fields are searchable by default, but you can tell MC that you want a field (tag) to be searchable.

Great tutorial! I now have new views in Panel and JRemote for Hi Res and DSD. However, the hires rule should be able to use "bitdepth>16" to capture 24 bit samples. Evidently MC on the IdPi does not capture bit depth from the song file, whereas MC23 on my laptop DOES. I cannot use sample rate as a rule for hires - it must use bitdepth.

Comments?

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #348 on: January 01, 2018, 05:51:15 pm »

Let me ask the question a different way - how do I get the IdPi to extract the bitdepth from the metadata that I know is in the music files.

BTW, the tutorial helped a lot!

Thanks!

BradATIMA

« Reply #349 on: January 02, 2018, 09:16:30 am »

Which web browser are you using? If you're using Safari, try a different web browser.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up