INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Blu-ray Menu playback support  (Read 53129 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: Blu-ray Menu playback support
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 07:41:12 pm »

Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 2 works for me.  When I play it I get an initial splash screen to select the Language (English), press enter --> couple of splash screens --> menu loads --> play all or selecting a particular clip all works.

i'll give it another try.  see if the "Set Up" menu works for you.  I only see three boxes -- Green/BLue/Yellow

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 07:53:10 pm »

Still works - See pic.  Are you playing from Disc or a Rip.  If it is a rip you may want to re-rip (could be a bad rip missing files, I've had a few of these).
JRiver CEO Elect

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 08:26:59 pm »

playing from a rip.  I was selecting "Set Up" from the Main menu, not the pop-up.

let me see how the pop-up menu works

i've been sidetracked however as i  need to reconfigure madVr.  In MC 24, It insisted on adding new devices for my Marantz and LG tv instead of using what was configured in MC v23.  Pain as I now have to set up the custom profiles all over again.  Oddly enough it shows my "old" devices but I can't make them active.  weird.

nothing is easy :)

Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 09:11:53 pm »

It never is.  FYI - that screen shot is accessing the Settings from the Main Menu (not the pop-up).
JRiver CEO Elect

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2018, 06:40:30 am »

i see the problem:  we are not using the same movie!

i am playing Pixar Short Films Collections Volume 2. 

it is the one with Presto, Your Frient the Rat, etc...  the give away was your screenshots (hey it was late and just didnt click last night while i was looking at them!).  :)

you are using volume 1 which has Tin Toy on it...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2018, 06:07:05 pm »

Woops!  Bad tagging on my part.  Checked the (real) Vol 2.  No crash for me and I can play the clips but I see what you mean on the Setup menu.  You just get stuck there as there are 3 Boxes with no text and you are unable to select anything.  I tested on 24.0.17 which will be out soonish.
JRiver CEO Elect

cabu8803

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2018, 04:42:55 pm »

Video setting on Red October HQ:

Bluray Play Main Title only works great.

Bluray is played with full Menu Navigation, the sound and video, either as bitstream or PCM, becomes extremely choppy.

When video is set to Red October Standard, both, Play with Full Menu Navigation and Play Main Title Only works very well.

Video is Intel HD 620 integrated to the MB

Regards

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2018, 07:13:19 am »

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2018, 03:44:32 pm »

24.0.19 is now out.  This included UHD BD Menu support.
JRiver CEO Elect

abcde

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2018, 06:00:53 pm »

I think I have missed something. How do I navigate Blu-ray menu? I tried mouse and cursor key. Neither did not work.
Thanks for your help.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2018, 06:14:53 pm »

Navigation need works with the 5 Nav Keys (Arrow Keys & Enter) from either the keyboard or Remote Control.

A subset of menus may also work with a mouse (these are called HDMV Menus but most discs now favour BD-J menus).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2018, 06:16:01 pm »

...also make sure you have turned ON BD menus in Tools --> Options --> Video --> Play Blu-ray discs using Menus
JRiver CEO Elect

abcde

• Recent member
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2018, 06:33:45 pm »

I can use arrow key to navigate menu. However, it does not highlight the menu selected. I have to count the number of key strokes. Another problem is the language selection in subtitle it gone.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2018, 06:37:47 pm »

What disc are you using?  Also for testing if you are using ROHQ try RO Std.
JRiver CEO Elect

abcde

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2018, 09:36:35 pm »

RO standard solves the problem. Thanks..

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2018, 10:33:57 pm »

;D  Next test (if you don't mind?), can you delete all the folders in "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 24\Plugins" and try again with ROHQ.  MC will re-download all the sub folders with default settings. 

Note: If you have customised any madVR Settings you will want to save the "settings.bin" file and copy it back into the madvr folder later.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2018, 01:58:43 am »

FYI - I've updated the OP with the following which will help with narrowing down any issues:

Reporting Bugs and Discs with Issues
If you have a disc that fails to play, or plays but has issues with the Menu can you please report and try the following:
- Name of Disc (and Region)
- Does the issue occur with both (Tools--> Options--> Video--> Video mode:) Red October HQ and Red October Standard
- Does the issue still occur if you delete all the folders in "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 24\Plugins" (MC will re-download all the sub folders with default settings).  Note: If you have customised any madVR Settings you will want to save the "settings.bin" file and copy it back into the madvr folder later.
JRiver CEO Elect

abcde

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2018, 06:57:10 pm »

Deleting the folders in plugin works. I found out it is the latest madVR 0.92.14 causes the problem.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2018, 08:46:02 pm »

;D  Thought that may be the case
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2018, 09:44:45 pm »

Well done, jmone.

audioriver

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 12:04:08 pm »

On my fairly low-spec laptop, menus only work properly with ROHQ. With RO, only a background image appears and nothing else. Is this to be expected? Already tried deleting the plugin folders.
Windows 10 Pro x64

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2018, 01:28:07 pm »

What is the full version?  Build 27 is on the MC24 board.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2018, 06:35:47 pm »

Some Intel GPUs have in the past shown issues rendering our Overlays in RO Std. Might try updating drivers. Nothing we can really do about that, since the rendering is up to the Microsoft video renderer.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

audioriver

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2018, 09:55:59 am »

Thanks, I tried the latest from Intel (HD Graphics 520) but issue remains. I was using the latest from laptop manufacturer which was older. I'll stick with ROHQ then.
Windows 10 Pro x64

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2018, 01:19:39 am »

I've got a few discs where (oddly), the ATMOS track is not the default (eg GOT S1 UHD disc the lossy DD5.1 is).  You can of course change this in the Menu but I was wondering if there was a way of modifying this behaviour or making the selection being "remembered"?

(Edit - of course Title Playback picks the ATMOS track automatically)
JRiver CEO Elect

Goatshade

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2018, 01:27:49 am »

So I decided, as an experiment, to try using JRiver in conjunction with AnyDVD HD to rip a Blu-ray disc in folder structure (as MC will do automatically). To my delight, the menus remain intact this way and I get the usual prompt to play the result with said menus or in regular main title mode. Main title mode retains the full gamut of audio and subtitle streams in the context menu when played on the local/server machine. Very promising! You've really out-done yourselves, here.

That said, there are a couple of issues where clients in the media network are concerned:
  • Folder structure rips like this cannot simply be streamed with their menus to clients, meaning that they must be on-the-fly transcoded as a main title stream. Not surprising—I assumed before this experiment that allowing streamed menus would be either impossible or a ridiculously complicated process. Thus, I'm using the H264-TS 1080p AutoFPS profile as I usually do.
  • The main title stream does not, unfortunately, retain any audio steams except for the default, and none of the subtitle streams. This will be a problem in the case of foreign language media.
  • The audio in the main title stream—at least with this conversion profile—is down-mixed to stereo and transcoded to AAC (according to the Xbox One). It would be vastly preferable to be able to stream the audio as PCM (or whatever) with no down-mixing.

I'm streaming via LAN between Windows 10 machines for now and testing with the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Blu-ray release if it's important.

Can any of these possibly be addressed?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2018, 01:35:48 am »

I've just moved the development thread out from beta:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114265.0.html

It's long but you may find some useful parts.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2018, 03:53:55 am »

If you're on the same LAN, and you're actually talking about Media Center clients, you can just setup file shares to the server so that the server and the client would see the files at the exact same path, and all clients would treat the playback as "local", even if its from a remote file share. That way you get the same amount of playback options on clients.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Goatshade

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2018, 04:00:14 am »

Wouldn't that entail replicating my server's library (and settings and views) to the clients? Besides, that doesn't really address use cases for other renderers like the Xbox One or Panel, much less remote/cloud implementations.

I should emphasise that issue #1 in my previous post isn't super important (though it would be really, really cool); I understand if BD-J menus can't be replicated across the media network. I'd be more than content with main title play-back. That said, I would like to know if it's possible to retain audio and subtitle options as well as HD/multi-channel audio when streaming an on-the-fly transcoded folder structure rip from the server to clients. When streaming a source that is, say, an MKV, at least audio and subtitle options are retained.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2018, 04:09:36 am »

That's not currently possible. Blu-ray structures consist of a multitude of files, so they cannot be streamed "as-is", but only with transcoding or some other method of conversion, and transcoding is limited to the profiles you see.

We are planning to extend it in the future to allow multi-channel audio or perhaps even retaining the original audio, however it would only ever have one audio stream, not all of them, which is a strict limitation to how all files are processed for conversion in Media Center. So the only possibility of implementing choosing which stream you want would be to tell the server which stream it should put into your file - and I don't know if DLNA for example has such functionality, so that a XBox could choose.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Goatshade

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2018, 05:01:53 pm »

That's not currently possible. Blu-ray structures consist of a multitude of files, so they cannot be streamed "as-is", but only with transcoding or some other method of conversion, and transcoding is limited to the profiles you see.

We are planning to extend it in the future to allow multi-channel audio or perhaps even retaining the original audio, however it would only ever have one audio stream, not all of them, which is a strict limitation to how all files are processed for conversion in Media Center. So the only possibility of implementing choosing which stream you want would be to tell the server which stream it should put into your file - and I don't know if DLNA for example has such functionality, so that a XBox could choose.

What makes MC's on-the-fly transcoding different from, say, Handbrake and its ability to retain and transcode multiple input and output streams?

tylerk98

• Recent member
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2018, 03:05:38 pm »

Hello,

First, thank you for all of the work and effort on getting blu ray menus to function! Outside of Powerdvd, this is the best I have used.

I have also tried it on my half dozen uhds, and while a couple of the discs required a restart, after that, the menus loaded no problem.

I do have a problem with some blu rays:

I am attempting to play Homeland Season 3 from a nas device. I have made backups from both region A and B discs, using both anydvd and dvdfab. I have Media Center playback set to Red October HQ and use madvr.

When I start any disc from season 3, the 20th Century Fox logo displays but when that finishes, the screen just goes black. The only option I have is to stop playback.

I have tried this both with nvidia and intel graphics. The discs do work with Powerdvd, but I would much prefer to keep everything in JRiver.

Any thoughts and assistance is most appreciated!

Thanks!

tylerk98

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 08:48:11 am »

Hi,

I just attempted to playback blu rays with java menus... in contrast to yesterday, when all was working, java now appears to be non-functioning on previously working discs. I changed nothing in the settings between yesterday when all was good and now.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2018, 08:52:22 am »

Did you try rebooting?

tylerk98

• Recent member
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2018, 04:54:06 pm »

Did you try rebooting?

Hi,

Good news--the reboot restored service with my previously working java discs. Sorry, should have though of that.

Homeland still does not, but that was already the case.

Thanks much!

chris635

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2018, 10:00:53 pm »

Hi all,

I recently started using convolution for music and video, and It works great for both except when blueray menu's are enabled (only watching blue-rays), there is horrible buffering. It doesn't do it with the blue-ray menu disabled. Can anyone of you guys confirm this?

Chris

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2018, 04:33:06 am »

Are you using the most recent version? Convolution with menus was greatly improved in a more recent build, and feedback from another user was also positive.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2018, 04:49:59 am »

FYI - One great thing about using the BD Menu is you get Forced Subs automatically without having to "find" the right sub stream.  Love it!
JRiver CEO Elect

chris635

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2018, 02:14:29 pm »

Are you using the most recent version? Convolution with menus was greatly improved in a more recent build, and feedback from another user was also positive.

Yes I am on version 24.0.41. I am also using a nas.

chris635

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2018, 04:57:05 pm »

I got it worked out. Taps were too high on the convolution file.

Chris

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2018, 02:27:33 am »

FYI - came across my first Seamless Branching UHD - No issues with the menu, both versions offered and playback started on both just fine (have not watched either though however).

I have to say, the whole BD Menu works great!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2018, 02:50:49 am »

Spoke too soon!  Attached is the log from "Star Trek Beyond" UHD.  This one stalls on playback with a bunch of log entries (attached) saying "CBDNavDemux::BDLog: libbluray/bluray.c:2043: bd_read(): no valid title selected!"
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2018, 03:07:27 am »

Spoke to soon!  Attached is the log from "Star Trek Beyond" UHD.  This one stalls on playback with a bunch of log entries (attached) saying "CBDNavDemux::BDLog: libbluray/bluray.c:2043: bd_read(): no valid title selected!"

It seems to want to play this but for some reason it doesn't exist or otherwise fails?
libbluray/disc/disc.c:424: error opening file BDMV\PLAYLIST\00099.mpls
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2018, 06:53:25 am »

Checked the original disc and the rip.  No sign of a 00099.MPLS.  I'll try copying other MPLS to 00099 and see what works.  Odd.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2018, 07:30:16 am »

Mmmm.  Copying just about any other MPLS to 00099.mpls will work and playback will be fine but none of them are the "right" one.  00000.mpls is the one that does the initial language selection but if I rename that one there is no ability to navigate and select the language.  If I use another then (say 00002.mpls) then it will play but skips the initial lang selection but does get to the main menu.  So for me it is "fixed" copying 00002 --> 00099.mpls but I don't think it is "correct".
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2018, 07:35:05 am »

What if you copy any old text file to that name?  Maybe it's some bone headed DRM thing meant to confuse people like us.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2018, 07:44:49 am »

Doubt it is a DRM thing as the MPLS files are just "playlist" files that gives a sequence of what segments to play (they are not even encrypted).  I'm guessing it is just a bug in the libblurray for this particular disc rather than anything more bone head from the studio.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2018, 06:09:28 am »

Had a good look at Star Trek Beyond and compared it to other similar authored discs, Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.  Did not see anything of interest with the structure or the file contents on this disc.  Even cleaned our the cache and re-ripped.  On the other two 00099.mpls just seems to be a very short playlist that displays a star trek logo.  Copying this one over to Beyond also works.  Of course the disc plays fine on an XBox One S so no idea why libbluray wants Beyond to have a 00099.mpls but it works fine if you do. 
JRiver CEO Elect

scottm_dj

• Recent member
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2018, 08:48:24 pm »

This is a great feature for my BD Audio concerts ripped in BDMV folder.   With my setup i have a multichannel DAC configured under "Player" that i can send DSD files, and now the HD AUDIO from the BD folders.  That's the most important part---but how can i get the video from the JRiver playback window to the TV itself?   Using my DLNA renderer wont work because the file is too large--is there another way I'm missing?  I'm getting closer and closer to JRiver being all inclusive playback tool...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2018, 06:27:40 am »

All three of the just released Avengers UHD do the same (weird) thing.  The first time you play these discs it asks for the Disc Lang, you select it (English for me) just fine but it then stalls and does not progress to the main menu.  If you stop and play it a 2nd time, it has remembered the Disc Lang and the main menu loads and it all works from there.  The log was too big to open so I'll see if I can reset the cache and grab it over the weekend. 

Edit: Here is the log after cleaning out the cache.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up