INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MO 4Media - remote control and player (iOS) with CarPlay support  (Read 16565 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: MO 4Media - remote control and player (iOS) with CarPlay support
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2022, 04:27:54 pm »

I will add some more settings for audio bookmarks.  Perhaps 1)"Do not use when older than N days" where the user specifies the number of days and 2) "Always use for Media Subtypes" where the user can specify "Audiobook" or other types?

I will have to try to reproduce this problem with playing downloads.  Are you using CarPlay when this happens?

Those settings would be great.

Yes always using CarPlay when it happens.  But don't really play music with it any other way so not sure if it would or could be an issue in other modes.

Only other way I use it is as remote control while playing in house to stereo system.

Carl.

jctcom

« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2022, 02:14:24 am »

Seem to have found a new issue.  I have been collecting a lot of DFF / DSD albums recently.  When listening on iPad via headphones I decided to try out some of the high quality conversion options available since the iPad obviously can't play DSD encoded files.

Unfortunately it seems when converting to any of the desired conversions (Tried Wave 24, Wave 16 and even MP3 high) the times are all messed up on most songs.  On some songs it will only show a fraction of the length of the song and then abruptly skip to the next song.  On some songs it will show the full length of the song but then it will stop short in the middle of the song somewhere and not proceed to the next song.  in the latter example the song can be rewound any amount of time (Tried everything from 5s to up to several minutes depending on the length of the song) and it will stop again at the exact same place.  When it works it sounds great.  But most songs will not play the full song because of 1 of the 2 examples given above.

Carl.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2022, 03:00:41 pm »

Are these the same files that were converted for download that you are having offline playback trouble with?  Maybe it's the same conversion problem?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

jctcom

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2022, 03:48:04 pm »

Are these the same files that were converted for download that you are having offline playback trouble with?  Maybe it's the same conversion problem?
Please note that I have over 54,000 songs.  I rarely play any of them more often than about once every 3 months.

This may be part of the same issue.  But in this case I am asking MO 4Media to transcode them live as I am playing them.  the issue is quite pronounced I can't believe that you are not able to duplicate it on your end?  All you need to do is play several DSD / DFF files in a row to experience the issue.  I guarantee you it will appear within the listening span of a single album with 6 or more tracks.  Mine are played over a network where the source is my Synology NAS in case that makes any difference.

Carl.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2022, 08:01:27 pm »

This may be part of the same issue.  But in this case I am asking MO 4Media to transcode them live as I am playing them.  the issue is quite pronounced I can't believe that you are not able to duplicate it on your end?  All you need to do is play several DSD / DFF files in a row to experience the issue.

I don't have any DSD/DFF files so that could explain it.  Note that the transcoding happens on the MC server and not in MO 4Media so there could be something wrong with the transcoding.  Maybe you could post a file that is consistently having problems somewhere?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2022, 05:34:12 pm »

v1.5.6 is now available which adds some audio bookmark options as well as the option to display the DVR schedule.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2022, 10:41:38 am »

v1.5.6 is now available which adds some audio bookmark options as well as the option to display the DVR schedule.

Loving the app so far!  My only issue is one that's possibly not yours to solve: if I start the app while near my home Wi-Fi, and then drive out of range, I wish it would non-interactively attempt to reconnect with the server over the cell connection.  I shouldn't be reaching for my phone to reconnect to the server.  I'm just getting in the habit of not selecting music until I leave the vicinity, or turning off Wi-Fi in advance of leaving.

On the subject of audio bookmarks: I use media subtype to separate audiobooks and podcasts, yet enabling this feature bookmarks still seem to be applied to all entries.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,
-Doug

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2022, 01:39:57 pm »

if I start the app while near my home Wi-Fi, and then drive out of range, I wish it would non-interactively attempt to reconnect with the server over the cell connection.

On the subject of audio bookmarks: I use media subtype to separate audiobooks and podcasts, yet enabling this feature bookmarks still seem to be applied to all entries.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

It should automatically reconnect but will require you push the play button to restart playback.  At least that is how it works on Android - I'll try to test on iOS.

What settings are you using for audio bookmarks?

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2022, 01:48:07 pm »

What settings are you using for audio bookmarks?

"Use audio bookmarks" is on, "if not older than.." is: all, and "Always use for media sub types is: audiobook; podcast

It picks up the bookmarks that exist on all my music, regardless of subtype.

Cheers,
-Doug

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2022, 02:16:06 pm »

"Use audio bookmarks" is on, "if not older than.." is: all, and "Always use for media sub types is: audiobook; podcast

Change "if not older than..." to 1.  Then, only music that you listened to that day will use the bookmarks.  Audiobooks and Podcasts will always use the bookmarks regardless of when you last listened to them.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2023, 01:47:12 pm »

v1.5.7 is now available with the following changes to match the Android version:

- Add Divert option in Zones menu.
- Add swipe left/right to change tabs and option to hide tabs.
- Add Spotlight (MC) access to file context menu.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up