INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No EPG data  (Read 2958 times)

ABA

• Recent member
No EPG data
« on: June 15, 2019, 04:37:41 am »

Hello,

Running a fresh install of Windows 10 build 1903.

Setup MC25 and restored settings from old library backup. Can watch TV channels just fine, but I don't have any EPG data. EPG OTA scan completes just fine, but either no data is coming through or it can't be saved. Once the scan is complete, theres is still no data in MC25 and last refresh date remains the same old one.

I also tried clearing the whole TV channel setup. Did a NIT-scan (completed just fine - although somewhat slow) and did a new EPG-scan. Same result - no data and last refresh date says 'never updated'. Still I can watch live TV.

Log file attached.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: No EPG data
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 07:17:41 am »

I also tried clearing the whole TV channel setup. Did a NIT-scan (completed just fine - although somewhat slow) and did a new EPG-scan. Same result - no data and last refresh date says 'never updated'. Still I can watch live TV.

Latest Windows 10 has some changes that break our TV stuff.  I am looking for ways to get around them.

Did channel scan actually work on the same machine?  That is a surprise.  In your log file I do not see "tuning event" notification, after we tune to each channel.  That could be the reason why we are not getting any data.  But channel scanning uses the same mechanism.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 03:25:57 am »

Did channel scan actually work on the same machine?  That is a surprise.  In your log file I do not see "tuning event" notification, after we tune to each channel.  That could be the reason why we are not getting any data.  But channel scanning uses the same mechanism.

Yes, I can see the channels and start them in the main window but I have no channels in the EPG-guide in Theater mode. I didn't log the channel scan - only the subsequent EPG-scan. Tuner is a Homerun HDHR-3EU providing a DVB-C signal.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 11:53:38 am »

Please run channel scan and save a log.  I am interested in seeing why channel scan works but not EPG scan.  Do not delete existing channels.  Just run setup without resetting anything.

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 12:12:22 pm »

Did a channel rescan. Log attached.

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 12:21:34 pm »

Maybe I should add that all Windows Updates have been applied and MC is version 25.0.48.

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 01:47:10 pm »

Also, EPG Collector still works.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 02:51:34 pm »

Maybe I should add that all Windows Updates have been applied and MC is version 25.0.48.
Did you see this (KB450 ...)?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121038.msg836754.html#msg836754

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 11:47:31 pm »

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 06:00:09 pm »

Please try this DLL with the latest build available.

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 02:53:51 pm »

Please try this DLL with the latest build available.

First I tried replacing the DLL in version 25.0.48.
Did a Load Program Guide, which completed, but with the same empty result.
Then I realized there was a new MC version (25.0.54). I installed it and again the DLL was replaced.
Did a new Load Program Guide, which stalled before it started counting the transponders (xx out of yy completed).
Rebooted and did a new Load Program Guide, but this time logging. It stalled again just like the first time.
Left it for more than one hour without further progress, before i did a Stop Loading Program Guide.

Log file attached.

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 08:05:27 pm »

I started having the issue of "EPG loading failed. Execution of external program was successful, but no data was loaded. Will retry in 31 minutes." Looks like its been happening a couple days. I did just update to 1903, so i reverted back to the previous version....problem still persists.

It looks like it doesn't see whatever server its trying to connect to.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 10:56:39 pm »

I started having the issue of "EPG loading failed. Execution of external program was successful, but no data was loaded. Will retry in 31 minutes." Looks like its been happening a couple days. I did just update to 1903, so i reverted back to the previous version....problem still persists.
The issue discussed in the thread is OTA EPG loading, which is different from online EPG loading.  You case is more like an issue in the EPG data provider than an issue with Windows 10.

It looks like it doesn't see whatever server its trying to connect to.

Was your network working?

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 07:26:43 am »

Yea, after reading the thread more I saw it was OTA. PC is on the network, internet, etc. Everything works but that EPG loading.

I'll start my own thread here in a bit.  :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 11:38:13 am »

Log file attached.

The log is a bit goofy in that it does not show much EPG scanning activities.  I saw two instances of you trying to do the scan manually, the first one close to 7:17 pm, the second 2 and half hours later.  Neither produced any actual scanning.  Were the two tuners actually available at the times?  When you clicked "Load Program Guide" and opened the window "Schedule Guide Reloading", did you make sure the checkbox in front of the OTA profile name was checked?

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 03:22:27 pm »

The log is a bit goofy in that it does not show much EPG scanning activities.  I saw two instances of you trying to do the scan manually, the first one close to 7:17 pm, the second 2 and half hours later.  Neither produced any actual scanning.  Were the two tuners actually available at the times?  When you clicked "Load Program Guide" and opened the window "Schedule Guide Reloading", did you make sure the checkbox in front of the OTA profile name was checked?

Tried again: Cleared EPG data and did a new Load Program Guide, which completed but still without any data. Log file attached.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 09:53:59 am »

Thanks.  This time I see epg scanning going on.  Unfortunately we are still having the same problem of not getting notification from Microsoft about a channel being tuned successfully.  This is puzzling, as the same mechanism works for channel scanning, but not for EPG scanning.  I will have to take another look and maybe get rid of that particular mechanism all together and use another method.

By the way, build 68 is available on MC25 board.  It contains the changes I have made so far.  You can upgrade to that so you do not need to keep the DLL that I posted here.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 10:43:29 am »

I just realized that I goofed.  I did not realize that you use 32-bit version and I posted a 64-bit DLL.  No wonder it did not work.

Please install the latest MC25 build 68 from here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121205.0.html

Sorry for the troubles.

Odin412

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 08:56:16 pm »

I'm having a similar issue. Everything worked fine until Windows 10 V 1903 was installed. Since then no EPG update. Scanning for TV channels results in no channels found. I updated the Hauppauge drivers to the latest version and checked the Camera Privacy settings as per the Hauppauge web site. I've attached the log. Hopefully this can be of some help for troubleshooting.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 09:06:55 pm »

Odin412, your issue is a different one.  ATSC channel scan issue on Windows 10 has been fixed.  Please upgrade to the latest build.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121205.0.html

ABA's issue is that of OTA EPG scanning for DVB tuners.  Channel scanning works there, but not EPG scanning.

Odin412

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 09:05:25 pm »

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick answer. I installed the latest build and everything works now: The channel scan finds all the channels, the EPG download retrieved all the program listings and the viewing of live TV and switching channels works too. I haven't tried to record a program using the timer yet, but I have recordings scheduled for this weekend so we'll see. I have every expectation that it'll work. Looks like your latest build fixed my issues. Thanks again for your quick response and for fixing the issues!

ABA

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 10:36:06 am »

I just realized that I goofed.  I did not realize that you use 32-bit version and I posted a 64-bit DLL.  No wonder it did not work.

Please install the latest MC25 build 68 from here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121205.0.html

Sorry for the troubles.

Just saw this post now. Have since then upgraded to v76 and I can confim that EPG data now comes in just fine as before Win10 was upgraded to 1903.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2019, 10:57:29 am »

Just saw this post now. Have since then upgraded to v76 and I can confim that EPG data now comes in just fine as before Win10 was upgraded to 1903.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up