INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 for Android - Official Release -- Previous Thread  (Read 43046 times)

Zachik

• Recent member
Re: JRemote2 for Android - Official Release
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2020, 10:52:35 am »

Thanks Awesome Donkey!  You are awesome indeed :)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2020, 11:19:20 am »

There are also new features coming that won't work with older versions of MC anymore. But the baseline functionality should always be available on any semi-recent version of MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2020, 12:23:48 pm »

First order of business would be to upgrade MC24 -> MC26...
Will try to find the time tonight!  ;)

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2020, 09:14:02 pm »

What you think about making the first window tab based instead of those sub-menus. Maybe as an option? I think it would be a lot better in terms of usability. You don't need to go back and forth to switch between albums and artists and playlists and so forth.

I've already said that once here, but less as a suggestion and more as a reaction to another comment (that probably came over wrong and was probably unnecessary in that way).
Though the reason for that was mostly, because I also got jriver for android. I could go into all the detail you want, but let's just say i wasn't very impressed with the UI/UX decisions made in it. Or rather the lack off since it's just panel on mobile. Witch there are great cross platform web apps out there. Panel just isn't that. So 'a unified app experience' in that context is something that more scared me than sounded good at all. JRemote is better designed than panel (especially on mobile) ever was.

I don't currently use jremote much. But that will change soon when I actually have a system that I will want to commonly remote control. Where as now I pretty much use JRiver exclusively on PCs I sit in front of with a mouse and keyboard.
Then I can probably say more about wether it worked well or not when using it for longer than just messing with it with no real point to actually using it.

buggyglint

• Recent member
« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2020, 02:56:00 pm »

Are you planning on adding a feature to "Convert to MP3 when using mobile data" ? That would be a great addition!

rwpritchett

• Recent member
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2020, 04:51:25 pm »

Are you planning on adding a feature to "Convert to MP3 when using mobile data" ? That would be a great addition!
This was my favorite feature of EOS when it was still around. I'd like this too.

TomRyan

• Recent member
« Reply #256 on: February 29, 2020, 12:46:11 pm »

I've been using Gizmo and the original JRemote for a long time, but often I use BubbleUPnP to control MediaCenter.  There are some things I can't do with BubbleUPnP (star ratings, customizing library views) but there is one very useful feature that app does have - In the "Now Playing" screen the options dropdown menu lets you "Go To Artist" (which shows me all the albums I have by that artist).  There's also "Go to Album."  Sometimes with a playlist that includes songs I haven't played in a while that's a great way to immediately re-acquaint myself with an artist.
Just a thought.

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #257 on: February 29, 2020, 02:55:02 pm »

Upgraded to MC26, installed Jremote2 on my Samsung S6 tablet,  connected to server,  and...
When playing  - the music plays off the tablet. Not what I wanted...
How do I make tablet only the remote,  so when I click play  - music would play through my desktop DAC and amp?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #258 on: February 29, 2020, 02:58:13 pm »

In JRemote2 settings, set the renderer you want.  In this case, Player, the zone of the server.

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #259 on: February 29, 2020, 03:36:15 pm »

Worked!!! Thanks Jim.
Player settings is in bottom and I didn't even see it until you made me look for it.
Now it's exactly what I wanted  :)

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #260 on: February 29, 2020, 03:51:37 pm »

Feature request:
Add shutdown action.  Just like when in theater view mode, and clicking exit - one of the options is shutdown. That would allow to disconnect my music server from monitor and mouse!

Thanks Jim for excellent remote app!!! Best $6.99 spent in a long time  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: February 29, 2020, 04:15:50 pm »

You're welcome.

Not exactly what you want, but you can do a shutdown from Panel in the Admin part.

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #262 on: February 29, 2020, 08:02:36 pm »

Not exactly what you want, but you can do a shutdown from Panel in the Admin part.

Admin part? Where is that?
Can you please attach a screenshot that shows what you mean?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: February 29, 2020, 09:18:33 pm »

Under Settings in Panel.

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2020, 12:58:37 am »

I do not see "Admin" under Settings :(

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2020, 07:24:05 am »

Sorry.  It's only when you use the IdPi as a server.  Settings Icon > First Tab > System (at bottom) > Admin.

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2020, 10:14:52 am »

Sorry.  It's only when you use the IdPi as a server.  Settings Icon > First Tab > System (at bottom) > Admin.
My server is Windows 10, so I guess I do not have that option?
So, I am back to ask adding "shutdown" as a new feature for server that is running Windows...

bodiebill

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2020, 02:29:16 pm »

Just started using JRemote2 on an Android. I was expecting to be able to change tags (fields) from the app, but I did not find how. Any advice?

Goatshade

« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2020, 11:56:13 am »

Just started using JRemote2 on an Android. I was expecting to be able to change tags (fields) from the app, but I did not find how. Any advice?

Coming in a future update.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2020, 04:41:43 pm »

I see from the recent JRiver email JRemote 2 can now play from Cloudplay.
I must have missed this but how do we use JRemote2 to access Cloudplay?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2020, 04:59:25 pm »

I think that's coming soon.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2020, 02:19:50 am »

I see from the recent JRiver email JRemote 2 can now play from Cloudplay.
I must have missed this but how do we use JRemote2 to access Cloudplay?

Its in the next version, Jim jumped the gun a bit with the text in the mail.  ;D Won't be much longer though!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2020, 05:09:24 am »

Hi,
Sorry if I've missed it but are there any plans to implement the possibility of controlling the different Radio Paradise streams from the app?.
Manny thanks,
O

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2020, 11:11:43 am »

I was just looking at the recent email regarding the stable release of JR26 and saw the note about JRemote2 for Android.  I had tried the previous version way back and did not like it.  Then I started using Gizmo which though short on features works very solidly but doesn't support rating songs and transferring that rating to the PC/server which is a key feature I want/need to curate my music lists.   

Bottom line. 
1. Ratings on Google Play Store for JRemote2 are abysmal.  It seems many people have insurmountable problems.  Average rating is 1.9.  Has anything changed in the last couple months that moves the needle on people's issues? There are no responses from JRiver development visible in Play Store to give a potential buyer any reason to think JRiver has responded to the issues raised. 
2.  Will JRemote2 support me rating a song in JRemote2 and transfer that rating to the PC? 

I would pay the rather steep app price of $9.99 if I knew it would do #2 and if issues raised by reviewers have been addressed. 

Thanks!  Looking forward to possibly using JRemote2 for Android as it potentially fills a need for me.   

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2020, 12:14:28 pm »

1. Ratings on Google Play Store for JRemote2 are abysmal.  It seems many people have insurmountable problems.  Average rating is 1.9.  Has anything changed in the last couple months that moves the needle on people's issues? There are no responses from JRiver development visible in Play Store to give a potential buyer any reason to think JRiver has responded to the issues raised.

I think you must be looking at the wrong Play Store app listing. JRemote2 is at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.jremote2, but there is barely any public reviews since over 3/4 of all users are enrolled in the beta program (which hides their feedback to developers only). That also distorts the rating quite a bit, unfortunately. However, there is not one actionable review on the Play Store, the only negative ones are generic "it doesn't work". And when crashes happen (which might be one source of such a review), we get automatic reports, and we actually address those for the next update.

All feedback given here on the forums is given serious consideration and/or discussed here.

2.  Will JRemote2 support me rating a song in JRemote2 and transfer that rating to the PC? 

Ratings are unfortunately broken in the current version, but it will be fixed in the next update. Keep an eye on this space if you want to be notified. It'll be soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2020, 01:27:02 pm »

I think you must be looking at the wrong Play Store app listing. JRemote2 is at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.jremote2, but there is barely any public reviews since over 3/4 of all users are enrolled in the beta program (which hides their feedback to developers only). That also distorts the rating quite a bit, unfortunately. However, there is not one actionable review on the Play Store, the only negative ones are generic "it doesn't work". And when crashes happen (which might be one source of such a review), we get automatic reports, and we actually address those for the next update.

All feedback given here on the forums is given serious consideration and/or discussed here.

Ratings are unfortunately broken in the current version, but it will be fixed in the next update. Keep an eye on this space if you want to be notified. It'll be soon.
  Thanks - you are right.  I was looking at the wrong app and see JRemote2 is an average 2.8.  Thanks for the feedback.  If/when song ratings gets fixed I will try this. 

Would JRemote2 be a complete replacement for Poweramp on my Android?  It seems so.  I got Poweramp in order to play FLAC files.   

Joooe

« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2020, 01:51:11 pm »

Hi
I like it!
Is there a way to shutdown a Windows 7 with MC26 in JRemote2?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2020, 04:12:28 pm »

Would JRemote2 be a complete replacement for Poweramp on my Android?  It seems so.  I got Poweramp in order to play FLAC files.

JRemote2 is for the time being only designed to either manage MC or play files from MC. It does not play files that reside locally on your phone. You would need to continue to use Poweramp for that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2020, 04:13:50 pm »

Or JRiver for Android.

Joooe

« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2020, 11:05:21 am »

Hi,
will there be a way to shutdown a Windows PC in the future, like in EOS?
[settings-shutdown]

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2020, 12:59:56 pm »

Hi,
will there be a way to shutdown a Windows PC in the future, like in EOS?
[settings-shutdown]
I was asking the same question, and so did another person...
Hopefully, that would be enough of a demand to make it happen :)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2020, 10:52:04 am »

When browsing tracks for playing I typically use the "Play next" playmode.

1. Right now when browsing tracks to add, there is no indication of which "playmode" is active. It would be great if the current selected playmode symbol was visible during browsing.

2. When selecting tracks for Play next there is no popup or other indication that the track selection was successful (referencing old JRemote) and will play next. When in "Default view mode" the Play next function still works, but there is not even a momentary track darkening when selected, and when viewing the play list they are added.

It will be great when JR2 gets fully built, including Theater View remote, cloudplay, streaming etc. to be an all-in-one remote app. Since my equipment is in a separate room from listening/viewing I find myself bouncing between different remote apps depending on what functions I need. Great work so far!
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

rwpritchett

• Recent member
« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2020, 09:40:20 pm »

I have a JRemote2 bug to report. If I'm using the app and then close it down, about 2 seconds later the icon in the top notification area pops back up like something is still playing. The only way I've found to get the app to close fully is to force stop the app.

Goatshade

« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2020, 07:11:37 pm »

Any more word on when the next build drops?

Really missing those star ratings now.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2020, 07:26:01 pm »

Should be next week, when everything works out
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #285 on: March 13, 2020, 08:08:06 pm »

I have a JRemote2 bug to report. If I'm using the app and then close it down, about 2 seconds later the icon in the top notification area pops back up like something is still playing. The only way I've found to get the app to close fully is to force stop the app.

I see that only if playing to the local device, if I remember correctly.

After closing the App, just close the notification by swiping it away. No need to force close the App.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2020, 09:00:46 pm »

Will that release include Windows shutdown functionality?

GCologna

« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2020, 02:16:43 pm »

Hi, I don't know if anyone has already asked about this: In JRemote1 the year was indicated underneath the album title. I found that very useful and would like to have it again. Otherwise JRemote is working very well and much faster than the previous version.

Thanks

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #288 on: March 21, 2020, 08:17:20 am »

I see JRemote 2 is price@10.99 eu. Any sales or disocunt for buyer of the JRemote 1?

Thanks
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

Zachik

• Recent member
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2020, 02:18:07 pm »

Hendrik - any update on next release?
Will you be adding shutdown functionality for Windows?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2020, 05:14:14 pm »

Hendrik - any update on next release?
Will you be adding shutdown functionality for Windows?

No system management functions for now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #291 on: March 28, 2020, 02:58:21 am »

It's been bugging me for several years already that JRemote can't handle CD playback at all. Even if I can put CD in with auto playback function, I can only press back and forward to navigate music and can't select track number like real CD player remote.

Worst of all, there's no eject button function meaning I'll need to eject CD through remote desktop feature. Some good drive like certain Teac model won't have eject button implemented and now I need to buy Unified Remote app setup on PC to do that.

I hope JRiver will realize this issue and develop CD remote function for audiophiles who want to use server as CD player too. Trust me this is one of reasons why many of audiophiles haven't joined in computer audio yet. They have massive CD collection and don't have time to RIP them all yet.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2020, 11:02:28 am »

While the idea is interesting, I'm not sure if it'd actually work that way. I can't imagine the experience of trying to play CDs on-the-fly through a remote using MCWS/DLNA, especially the latter since DLNA is file based, is even going to work at all.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers

Goatshade

« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2020, 05:32:14 am »

Does JRemote2 understand CUE sheets?

Just made one for a particularly long mix of tracks sold consolidated in to one. Plays as intended in MC and appears fine in JRemote2, but selecting any track just plays the long mix from the beginning.

Edit: Got it to work by disabling the Use native audio format option.

I see it behaves similarly to when using MC to push media to other devices with DSP: transcoding must be in play to actually apply the desired effects.

This is obviously not a high priority at this early stage, but consider this a feature request for later: if Use native audio format is enabled and media asset is CUE, convert to same format as the file the CUE references.

rick5

• Recent member
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2020, 09:13:18 pm »

Loving and learning jRemote2, thank you! Have had problems with MC26 and JRemote dropping Chromecast Audio groups as DLNA renderer(s), but just sometimes, and I can't offer a pattern to help diagnose.

My question is (perhaps) the flip side of people asking for a Windows shut down feature. When my Windows 10 PC is sleeping, and I'm lazy in another room, and open JRemote 2 on my Android phone, it won't connect to server unless I go to the PC and wake it. Can that be changed? Once connectrd to the server, I'm fine with all features I've tried even when the PC goes back to sleep.

Thanks!

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2020, 04:18:42 am »

Hi rick5
The wake a server feature already exists in JRemote2.
On the startup page where you see a list of the configured servers on the right hand side of the page opposite your server you should see WOL, which stands for Wake On LAN.
If your server is configured correctly to wake from sleep using a magic packet this will wake your server.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2020, 07:23:09 am »

Here's the wiki topic on how Wake On Lan works:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Wake_on_Lan

rick5

• Recent member
« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2020, 05:24:03 pm »

Thank you very much, but no luck yet. 

That wiki led me to https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63581.0 from which I learned to make sure the PC is set to allow WOL - it is now [device manager, expand the adapters section, properties for the network adapter, power management tab].

jRemote2's server list did not have the WOL before I did that, but does now (if the PC is asleep). But alas, when I tried the WOL, nothing happened, except the PC lost and would not regain its internet connection (other devices on the wifi were fine). I rebooted, was Internet-connected, put it to sleep and tried the WOL again, same result.

I'll keep reading wikis and experimenting - it's not long before I'm over my head. Next I'm guessing the router needs a look-see. Eventually I hope to get this working from outside my network...

Ideas welcome! and thank you,.  ...   Rick

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2020, 05:41:19 pm »

Try testing with a WOL app (not MC).

If your PC lost its IP address, then something isn't configured correctly on it.  I don't think sending it a WOL packet could do that.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #299 on: March 30, 2020, 06:02:32 pm »

Rick, if your MC Server is on WiFi only, you may need to do some more work, and it may not be possible if the PC is old. WOL over WiFi wasn't well supported in the past. The Wireless Adapter in your PC needs to specifically support WOL over Wireless. I believe this means it needs specific hardware, and not just the latest drivers.

You may need to find a setting in the PC's BIOS to allow Wake On LAN over Wireless. In fact, Google "Wake On LAN over Wireless" to find lots of information.

If you get stuck, tell us what your PC is, Brand and exact model, or if not a specific brand, motherboard brand and model, or if you have a separate Wireless Adapter in it or a Wireless USB Adapter, brand and specific model.

You don't usually need to make changes in your Router setup to get WOL working. If you were trying to wake the MC Server from the internet, that would be different. You do have your Android phone connected to your home WiFi network, correct? Because if you only have the phone connected to mobile data, that means you are trying to wake it over the internet, which as above is harder and does require changes in your Router, if the Router supports it at all. Many don't.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up