INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.161 available here  (Read 11086 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.161 available here
« on: April 25, 2003, 11:42:25 am »

Media Center 9.0.161 is available.    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90161.exe

History  

1. NEW: Pop-up menu on a paused video has options to do a frame grab to a file and to create thumbnails (WinXP only).
2. Fixed: Media Center would crash while switching mega-me skins from mini-me mode.
3. Changed: TV Control - The still picture capturing becomes optional. On the "Advanced Properties" page there is a check box to "Enable Still Picture Capture", default to Unchecked.
4. Fixed: Media Center was not cleaning URL used in Open Stream File window before utilizing it.
5. NEW: BSpachman's Girder configuration included with MC. (in [MC]\Data\Extras\Girder).  Thanks, Brad!
6. Fixed: After failing to load a library, MC will bring up Library Manager. (instead of forcing a registry edit)
7. Fixed: Tree item renames weren't being added to the undo log.
8. Fixed: Hairstyle didn't gracefully handle trying to load a bad skin.
9. Fixed: About box wouldn't show image if it didn't have the focus.
10. Fixed: Some problems with Media Server private mode.
11. Fixed: CD ripping wasn't working with some USB external drives.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

Re: Media Center 9.0.161 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 11:52:39 am »

Bugs:
1. With MEGA-ME skinning enabled (PixOS...argh, MEGA-ME skinning is so slow on a 'old' 450 PII PC), the Playing Now highlight-bar does not 'highlight' when you click on an Org tree node (like Playing Now) and return (via another click or pressing tab).  This makes it hard to know which window has the focus (Org tree or Content view?).   It's highlighted (in Content View), but it stays the same dim colored shade...not the bright color so you know the focus is there.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 12:04:51 pm »

1. NEW: Pop-up menu on a paused video has options to do a frame grab to a file and to create thumbnails (WinXP only).

:) C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 12:07:32 pm »

#11 on Yam F1 USB ext...

:) :D 8)

Great Job! (on all counts)

10-27

px2so

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2003, 12:35:40 pm »

What does a BSpachman's Girder do?

rogerg2

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 12:43:13 pm »

When watching a video, (.mov) when hitting stop MC closes completely.

WinXP Home
2.533 P4
IE6

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 12:48:33 pm »

burining CD problem

If I close (hit the minus sign) on the burining window. It goes to 99% opens the cd drive when it finishes (but never get the finished on the shrunk window) and I can cut another, but after 3 it abends.  This started before this release.

sorry for the small picture, let me know what more info you need.  
What I am doing is printing the next label as I cut the prior CD.  hope this helps

Update:  If I leave the burn window open and move it out of the way. everything seems to be okay (don't tell me.. I will do that)
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2003, 12:55:31 pm »

I run MC with minimize to sytem tray option enabled.  On first run of the new version I got an error dialog saying cannot create sytem tray icon.  However sys tray icon is there and all is working fine...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 01:59:33 pm »

What does a BSpachman's Girder do?

Please take a look at www.girder.nl.  Start a new thread if you need to know more.

LeoH

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2003, 02:08:18 pm »

PROBABLY IMPORTANT: path length bug...

I reported a few weeks ago that MC would abort and exit when importing my medium size (160GB) library. I thought that the issue was in the classical section where many file names have foreign characters (umlots and graves, etc).

However, the problem proved to be general and I have positively comfirmed that the issue is simply path lenth of folders/filename. I believe that in NTFS the MAX_PATH is 260 characters including drive letter and colon. The max usable characters for folder(s) + filename is 255.

When I purposefully exceeded the max length in a test with 9.0.161, it reliably crashes (where most path lengths are under 255 and a few over). When all paths are less than 255, MC imports fine.

This may also explain problems I have seen reported in this forum as well as my own experience with MC being unable to update tags for certain files. In other words, MC can rip into its own library with folder/filename lengths greater than 255 but if the library is reimported or files need tag updates, the problem surfaces.

Anyway, MC is a really, really excellent program. I remain amazed. Best of luck on its launch!

-LeoH

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2003, 02:40:08 pm »

*grovelling at your feet for fixing the ripping issue*

i'm not worthy!  i'm not worthy!

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2003, 04:07:43 pm »

I think it's on the list, but I'll mention it again.

Cover art does not appear on client machine when using media server. In my case all art is stored within the MP3.

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2003, 04:07:44 pm »

The bug I reported in the 160 thread (regarding the failure to display titles with certain Album tags, in my case "(Self Titled)") is not corrected.  (I am aware that you didn't list this as fixed above.)

I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.  If by "it will be fixed in the next build" you meant 162, I apologize.  Again, I'm not whining or being impatient, just hoping it wasn't overlooked.   :-[

Hopefully this won't dissuade you from ever saying "it will be fixed..." ever again.   :-X

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2003, 05:25:03 pm »

Can't get DSP studio settings to stick. Can reset bitdepth, JRSS, sample rates in any combination, but when I return to the DSP studio window after closing Settings, everything has reverted to Source bitdepth / channels / sample rate.

Would really like to use JRSS and try upsampling. Any suggestions??

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2003, 07:44:43 pm »

in the process of downloading 161, but for me the jrss 4.1 and 5.1 effects never work. i can turn them on when a song is playing and it will continue on, but when the song is over or when i turn it on and then play a song media center exits. It doesn't say anything or put up any screen, it just exits. Any ideas what this could be?

Media Center Registered 9.0.161 -- G:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2142 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 702 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive H: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

wonmug

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Don't worry, I'm always like this!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2003, 07:50:15 pm »

Media Center crashed in the middle of MP3 playback when I opened a Gamesday window at http://www.mlb.com.  WinXP Pro, IE6.
From the desk of: wonmug

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2003, 02:12:52 am »

MC opens with the "Start" screen even though I have it set to open in "Media Library", tried setting and resetting numerous times under options/start-up settings.

LJ

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2003, 03:48:14 am »

I am still getting the error message; Invalid Temperory Directory Name whenever i access Option on the Tools Menu.

Regards

Steven Frank

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
HMO Smart Playlists - Broken
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2003, 04:31:34 am »

HMO Smart Playlists appear to be broken in .161... if you goto a "random one hour" or "random data cd"... whatever... and once you're viewing the songs in it you try to click play on a single song, or navigate thru the song info > play > options > play.... it appears to try and play the song, but flips right back to the info screen.... if you just hit play on a playlist from the playlist view (list of playlists) then it works... but playing a file in the smartplaylists doesn't...

V-Man

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2003, 04:48:00 am »

Possible Bug: Not tried 9.0.161 yet but in 9.0.160 and earlier builds, resizing MEGA-ME window is sometimes not possible from any edge other than bottom-right corner. Normally after dragging with that edge once, the problem disappears.

THANKS MATT!!! For the recent tweak to the Rename File From Properties, something I've been pushing for :). As far as I'm concerned, we're there now ;)

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2003, 04:49:36 am »

A couple of cosmetic bugs...

In fullscreen, pause a video. The position slider will change from a play icon to a paused icon. Now, drag the position slider somewhere and release. The video will begin playing from this point, but the icon will remain as paused. Clicking on the play/pause button tries to start playback again and changes the icon back to playing. Hope that makes sense...

Also, clicking on "Auto Smartlists (Music)" brings up a list of all images and movies, not all music, as one would expect :)

Apart from that - it's all good... Keep it up.

LisaRCT

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2003, 05:42:29 am »

Ripping caused MC9 to crash HARD!

While ripping CD's MC9 crashed the system causing an immediate reboot under the following circumstances:

1- I had a CD in each of my three drives and MC9 had been set to rip all three in sucession

2- Options were set to 'Rip & Encode Simultaneously'

3- Encoding to MP3 - VBR - Quality:Custom (advanced setting: command line: --alt-preset fast standard)

Upon the system restarting I again openned MC9 and got an error message stating that I must delete everything in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data as it was "from a previous trial of MC9" and was invalid.
This occurred three times in a row.

When I changed the options and removed the check from "Rip & Encode Simultaneously" the problem ceased to occur.

I guess it could be my system   ?
Too processor-intessive for too long a sustained period?
MC9 ran out of working ram? (have 1.5 GB DDR)

Media Center Registered 9.0.161 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1732 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 1147 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.27 , Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2001 ahead software gmbh / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2003, 06:20:01 am »

Ripping caused MC9 to crash HARD!

While ripping CD's MC9 crashed the system causing an immediate reboot under the following circumstances:

Lisa,
That type of crash has to be hardware related.  Please use a separate thread.

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2003, 07:22:07 am »

Bugs:
1. MC has a hard time playing .PLS files stored on your PC.  If you stop MC and click on a .PLS file (with a list of streaming radio stations) from Windows Explorer, MC will play the .PLS file.  If you attempt to play the same .PLS file from within MC (via MC's My Computer for example), MC will report "Please select file(s) to play.".  If you have MC running and click on the same .PLS file from Windows Explorer you get the same error message.  Again, stop MC and click on the .PLS file from Windows Explorer and MC will start & play the .PLS file (no problem).

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2003, 07:25:09 am »

After doing a CLEAN reinstall of MC on Windows 2000 (necessary to fix streaming media problems) admin account, when MC was used from a non-admin account no sound files would play unless that account was given admin privileges. This was not a problem prior to doing the clean reinstall.

There is a workaround that works for only a short period of time: give admin privileges to the non-admin account; install MC from the non-admin account; withdraw the admin privileged from the non-admin account. MC will now work fine from the non-admin account. Unfortunately, I have discovered that even then the problem recurs. The only long term solution is to make any account running MC have administrator privileges.

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say... other than that MC rocks!
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2003, 09:14:42 am »

Hey (sorry if this is an improperly positioned post),

I was ripping and playing CDs (digitally, of course) just fine in MC v9.0.1[something >=4]. When I upgrade to v9.0.161, however, digital ripping and digital CD playback do not work. Ripping tells me that it "failed to extract digital audio" and playback just switches to the track and the playback status bar says "Stopped". Just wanted to let you know.

Just out of curiousity, is there any way for me to remedy this without waiting for a new version or retrograding?

Thanks.

Media Center Registered 9.0.161 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 664 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 195 MB, Free - 72 MB
Resource Info: System - 57 %, GDI - 58 %, User - 57 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive N:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive :: CDWRITER IDE1610            Addr: 0:16:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive M: CDWRITER IDE1610            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2003, 11:37:57 am »

Version 161 has brought both good news and bad news to those of us who use Audible files...

The good news... is that my Audible files are no longer being listed as Video!  HURRAY! (see: Misclassification of File Types BUG! for details of this problem)

The bad news... is that MC9 is no longer able to manage Audible files!   ?

I made the mistake of clearing my "temp" library before trying to do an Update Library (and I refuse to risk my "main" library by experimenting).

I cleared my "temp" library, and did a full "Import Media" on the directory that contains all of my media subdirectories (video, music, and audible files).  When the Import was complete, I found that my Music section only contained MP3s (none of the handful of WMAs made it in), and the Video section only contained videos (AVIs and the like)... my Audible files were nowhere to be found!  So, I tried doing another "Import Media" on the subdirectory that contains my Audible files... and MC9 died!  No error messages, no nothing, it simply died and vanished...

Two more times I tried starting MC9 and "Importing Media" on my Audible files with the same result!

Needless to say, I'm going to give this version of MC9 a pass, and wait till next weekend's version (which will hopefully fix this problem) before trying to refresh the contents of my iPod!

Media Center Registered 9.0.161 -- E:\Tools\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1993 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 214 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: HP       DVD Writer 200j    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
[/b]

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2003, 11:41:45 am »

Hi,

- Pausing for several minutes and resuming playback cause MC9 to hang. This bug has already been reported.

- Albums with the same name for different artists (in different directories) are reported as only one album by the statistics page in Properties panel. (e.g. ZZ Tops - greatest hits and Frank Sinatra - greatest hits => 1 album )

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

xen-uno

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2003, 01:35:52 pm »

Minor bug:

I have dbl click behavior set to "as next to play". This works fine if they're is something already playing. But if there isn't...it puts the entire list into Playing Now and starts at the highlighted song. I've reported this before but maybe it got overlooked.

10-27

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2003, 01:46:26 pm »

When playing an MP3 source of streaming audio from a playlist that provides trackname information as to what is playing, e.g. http://24.150.182.248:8080/~~~stream~~~.mp3 the name of the station on the playlist will be changed to the name of the most recent track played from whatever the user had named the station on the playlist.

RemyJ

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2003, 03:34:11 pm »

Version 161 has brought both good news and bad news to those of us who use Audible files...

The good news... is that my Audible files are no longer being listed as Video!  HURRAY! (see: Misclassification of File Types BUG! for details of this problem)

The bad news... is that MC9 is no longer able to manage Audible files!   ?

I made the mistake of clearing my "temp" library before trying to do an Update Library (and I refuse to risk my "main" library by experimenting).

I cleared my "temp" library, and did a full "Import Media" on the directory that contains all of my media subdirectories (video, music, and audible files).  When the Import was complete, I found that my Music section only contained MP3s (none of the handful of WMAs made it in), and the Video section only contained videos (AVIs and the like)... my Audible files were nowhere to be found!  So, I tried doing another "Import Media" on the subdirectory that contains my Audible files... and MC9 died!  No error messages, no nothing, it simply died and vanished...

Two more times I tried starting MC9 and "Importing Media" on my Audible files with the same result!

Needless to say, I'm going to give this version of MC9 a pass, and wait till next weekend's version (which will hopefully fix this problem) before trying to refresh the contents of my iPod!

When you did the import, did you push the Advanced button and make sure that the "Audible Audio" box was checked?  It's not by default.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

V-Man

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2003, 03:19:12 am »

Note - not tried 161 yet but the following things are issues with 160.

MINOR BUG: Rename Files From Properties causes semicolon to be converted to underscore, even though semicolon is allowed in Windows filenames. This is a nuisance when you want to use a List-type field in your filename. For example the format I've chosen for Artist is "Artist1; Artist2; Artist3" for multiple artists - even though Artist is a simple string field I have created a new field called Artist List which I will ensure contains a copy of Artist for use in View Schemes.

IMPROVEMENT: When renaming multiple files which are read-only, the confirmation box is shown for each and every file - there is no "Yes To All" button.

BUG: Generally been finding problems with MC crashing frequently during retagging/renaming operations involving video files. No messages, MC just hangs indefinitely, window doesn't repaint and I have to quit from Task Manager.

michel

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2003, 04:06:34 am »

shell integration may lead to crash MC

selecting many songs into MS Explorer and playing them by right clik 'Media Center/Play' menu crashes MC sometimes (before to crash it displays a song which is not the first of the selection).

NoCodeUK

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2003, 08:15:01 am »

Surfin JUuke still appears in place of cover art sometimes when making changes to a visualization.  Can easily be reproduced.  SHow a visualization which shows cover art.  Change display quality to another setting.  Surfin Juke appears.  Change to another visula and back.  Cover art has returned...  This has been around for awhile and although not a showstopper it really shouldn't still be ther in the release version espeially as the logo isn't Juke anymore anyway...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

azizmond

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2003, 08:23:40 am »

Renaming file names (e.g. MP3  ? audio files) with special (not US, e.g. Č) characters inside the file name causes the files not to be recognizable by MC anymore - it is not possible to play them again?

urlybird

• Junior Woodchuck
  • .^.^.^......... ..^.^.^..
MC 9 and Slideshow Freezes
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2003, 09:46:06 am »

MC 9 freezes if Slideshow is having trouble retrieving an image from Internet and is waiting for a timeout. Cursor won't move while waiting. Returns to normal once the file is retrieved or times out. Is Slideshow not running as a seperate task ?

I have Slideshow set to

a) change image: 5 seconds
B) image size >320x240 with no max
c) load timeout of 10 seconds
d) images from Web
e) search string of "Artist"
f) max number of images 50

urlybird

--------------------------------------

Media Center Registered 9.0.161 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 3065 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0005) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0005)

Ripping /   Drive S:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive S: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:18  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes

xen-uno

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2003, 10:33:33 am »

A while back I mentioned a bug regarding MC's inability to rename large mp3's. After doing some tests it may be simply that it can't save both filename changes and tag changes at the same time (tested on mp3's only). Either one done individually works (that is, change is made then applied).

Tested with a 5 MB mp3, same results..."Failed to update following files..."

Tested with an ogg. Same results.

Problem is format independent

10-27

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2003, 04:42:24 pm »

All right... first off, sorry about the large amount of screenshots.  But, I've tried explaining it via text and you haven't fixed it, so hopefully this will help you guys reproduce.

First of all, here's what I'm doing.  I just popped a CD in and the YADB had the artist listed as "Various" with the artist info stuck into the Name field:
http://da-Man.com/temp/mc1.gif

Obviously, I'm going to try to rename the track so that the Artist name is in the right field.  So, I select the artist (Skillet) in the name field and press CTRL+X to Cut:
http://da-Man.com/temp/mc2.gif
Please note that the artist name did not disappear, as this shot was taken after pressing CTRL+X.

So, I proceed to delete the extra stuff in the Name field anyways:
http://da-Man.com/temp/mc3.gif

Next, to prove that the info was at least copied to the clipboard, I press CTRL+V to Paste the Artist name to the Artist field.  Voila, it works!
http://da-Man.com/temp/mc4.gif

Now, if I left it there, everything would be semi-OK.  But, sometimes I've had to edit the Name field more, and that brings trouble.  As soon as I click back on the Name field, black magic ensues and the whole original field is back in there:
http://da-Man.com/temp/mc5.gif

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2003, 05:05:16 pm »

When selecting "Media Library" from the left box, the info area in the bottom right says I have a medium-sized collection of media with "4578 File(s), Duration: 316:23:00, Size: 17.034 GB"  This appears in views of Automatic, Details, or Thumbnails.

However, if I select "Thumbnails (album group if logical)" the status now says "488 File(s), Duration: 32:50:12, Size: 1.774 GB".  If I wasn't so cool-headed, I might have thought that 90% of my library disappeared!

Wierd bug, but hope you can fix it.

Dan "da Man"

kcorbett

• Recent member
  • we wanna make him stay up all night here we go
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2003, 07:21:06 pm »

When playing an MP3 source of streaming audio from a playlist that provides trackname information as to what is playing, e.g. http://24.150.182.248:8080/~~~stream~~~.mp3 the name of the station on the playlist will be changed to the name of the most recent track played from whatever the user had named the station on the playlist.

I reported this on April 19 in a separate thread entitled "nit: flipping stream playlist entry names". I was using build 155.

/kmc

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2003, 07:47:05 pm »

2 BUGS:

There are two problems with the "Properties" box when envoked.
 If the Properties box is opened while a song is playing, and maybe when the locator is on it, it looks fine but it crashes MC when you try to un-dock it from the side of the file list.
 When I moved the mouse pointer to the lower right corner to expand the un-docked properties box, I finally got it un-docked, there is no expand cursor to let me know it is ok to expand the box. I guessed and it worked.

Keep up the good work. It is looking much better.

Gary

xen-uno

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2003, 08:27:35 pm »

...and furthermore, could it be made resizable (both x and y directions) when undocked? (and of course, have it remember the size)

10-27

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2003, 05:25:07 am »

Am I missing something here?

On mine, I can undock the Properties box, resize it both vertically and horizontally, from all four corners, and when I close it and re-open it, it remebers the position and size just fine.

The mouse cursors are a problem, though.

xen-uno

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2003, 05:43:57 am »

Doof...your right. The Properties frame is a hairline border (w/ PixOS) that does not look resizable but alas...is. It needs those diagonal hash marks in the lower right hand corner (a standard Windows convention)...and/or the cursor fix. Thanks.

10-27

edit: One more cursor/Properties related thingy...The cursor doesn't change to a text style (vertical I bar) when editing any of the fields..stays as an arrow

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2003, 06:05:01 am »

The installer is still using the old MJ icon.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2003, 06:12:52 am »

MC is still asking for a proxy server username and password when connecting to a media server (the media server requires its own username and password), even though it doesn't ask for this when downloading skins or plugins.

Thumbnail selection bug is still present.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: HMO Smart Playlists - Broken
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2003, 08:11:33 am »

HMO Smart Playlists appear to be broken in .161... if you goto a "random one hour" or "random data cd"... whatever... and once you're viewing the songs in it you try to click play on a single song, or navigate thru the song info > play > options > play.... it appears to try and play the song, but flips right back to the info screen.... if you just hit play on a playlist from the playlist view (list of playlists) then it works... but playing a file in the smartplaylists doesn't...

Works fine for me. Make sure that your random selection didn't get songs that are not playable for some reason (try again, and then go to Media Library and try to play the song to see if it works).

j

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2003, 08:22:08 am »

If you enter lyrics for a file, then view the lyrics in the column display, CR/LF characters appear as square boxes.  Obviously this is noncritical; it just looks terrible.

hgf

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2003, 08:36:11 am »

Renaming file names (e.g. MP3  ? audio files) with special (not US, e.g. Č) characters inside the file name causes the files not to be recognizable by MC anymore - it is not possible to play them again?

Had a similar experience uploading my audio library to my ipod.  I received an MC upload error message referring to specific tracks.  It turned out that all these tracks had a ; in the file name tag.  When I removed the ; from the tag the tracks uploaded.   Is it normal for MC not to recognize these characters?

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2003, 09:07:40 am »

Small bug using CUT (Ctrl-X) in properties fields. It works just fine, except when you want to cut the last part of a field. The selected text is copied to the clipboard. However it is not removed from the field.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up