INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 for Android - Official Release  (Read 55336 times)

JetBlack

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote2 for Android - Official Release
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2020, 06:48:57 pm »

Ok, Downloaded Both JRiver for Android and JRemote2. I pretty much determined JRemote2 seems more what I am looking for.

What is the Cloudplay? I could nor connect with my Username and Password. Please advise, thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2020, 07:14:42 pm »

Start at the Cloudplay topic on the wiki.  You need to set up a Cloudplay account.  Try it in MC first, then in JRemote2.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2020, 02:16:51 pm »

Ok, been playing with JRemote2 this afternoon and confirmed it only works on Wifi which is really good for me. I go on a lot of walks, not near Wifi.

And just confirm, it cannot be used as a player for music on my SmartPhone? I have a 400 gig SDcard on my device so most of the music I want to hear is on the device. If that is the case, are there any plans to add that functionality? I did not like jriver for android, and all the other mp3 players I have tried seem to have their own issues. mainly they read my playlists properly. Very Frustrating.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2020, 03:08:15 pm »

JRemote2 can play files from your server using your mobile data connection.  You need to open access to your server.  See the Network Access topic on our wiki.

For playback of local data on the phone, JRiver for Android will work.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2020, 04:23:14 pm »

Thanks, there is still something not working right it works fine when I'm at my house then when I go on the road it doesn't connect. I have my mobile data connection on and I have the access key entered in Jremote2 app. Can I get this message on my phone. See attached

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2020, 06:16:05 pm »

Did you try the Network Access topic?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2020, 06:21:38 pm »

In brief, you need to set up Port Forwarding in your router, and at least initially set your MC Server to never sleep. Get that working and go from there.

There are lots of threads on the forum with lots of details on this subject.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2020, 06:41:55 pm »

Jim H, yes I read the information but it did not provide a lot of detail on the Phone. Keep in mind, I am not a highly technical person so I don't understand this stuff very well.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2020, 07:01:34 pm »

Thanks RoderickGI, trying to look through all the threads to find answers is really challenging.
I went into my Netgear router and tried to set up Port forwarding and I selected the attached device in the list which is a Note9 and I get an error message. "Invalid service name." I could not find where to set my MC Server to never sleep.

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2020, 07:21:57 pm »

Q: Please confirm the exact (full) version of MC you are running.
Q: Also the full Android version on your Note9.

You need to set up Port Forwarding to your MC Server on your Router, and not to the Note9. This will allow your Note9 to connect via Mobile Data to your home network, and hence to your MC Server, which must be turned on.
Q: What is the make and model of your Router?
Q: Who is your Internet Service Provider?

Google is your friend when it comes to finding out how to do things like make a PC Never Sleep.
Q: What Operating System are you running your MC Server on? Windows 10?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4027067/windows-10-how-to-adjust-power-and-sleep-settings
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2020, 12:25:10 pm »

MC Version just updated today to 26.0.80
Android Version also just updated to N960U1UES4DTD1 /N960U1OYM4DTD1 /N96U1UES4DTD1

When I try to set up the Port Forwarding, it's asking me for the following:
Service Name
External Starting Port
External Ending Port
I have not idea what that is...

Router is Netgear WNDR3700v3
Internet - Spectrum

OS Windows 10

I use google a lot but this one is more technical than I am used to. Thanks for the help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2020, 04:24:37 pm »

Excellent. So latest MC, Android 10, and Windows 10. Should work fine. Plus the venerable Netgear WNDR3700v3. My old old router was a Netgear WNDR3700v1. They work pretty well.

As long as you are using the default settings in MC, which means Port 52199 is used (See Media Network > Advanced > TCP Port):

External Starting Port: 52199
External Ending Port: 52199

Internal Starting Port: 52199
Internal Ending Port: 52199

You have set the Service Name to "MC". That is fine.
It looks like you have set the Internal IP Address to the MC Server address. That would be correct. Although you have set 192.168.1.9, whereas I think your MC Server is running on you laptop, which is showing up as 192.168.1.6. Check that.

That should be all that is required. If you still have issues, try setting:

External Starting Port: 52100
External Ending Port: 52200

Internal Starting Port: 52100
Internal Ending Port: 52200

But that shouldn't be necessary.

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2020, 07:51:40 pm »

I have both JRemote and JRemote2 on my Android phone.  Use them only to control MC on the various PCs around the house.  JRemote works well except for the broken "App follows Zone" feature. JRemote2 has fixed that problem, but lacks "Artist Bio".  Both apps are responsive and fast.  I would like to see "Artist Bio" in JRemote2 so I no longer need to flip between apps.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2020, 05:12:44 pm »

Ok, changed the setting in my router see attached. I still don't think its working. to test it properly would be to turn off the wifi on my phone so goes to the mobile data network, correct?

also, the IP address on my phone is different, will that create an issue?

So when I turn the wifi off, I don't seem to be connected, can't access the playlists so I don't think I am connected correctly, see attached screenshots.

Thanks

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2020, 05:18:24 pm »

Netgear Info attached

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2020, 06:28:11 pm »

This should really have been a separate thread, but...

I can see a couple of problems.

First, in your last image, you are showing that you are Port Forwarding to 192.168.1.14, which is the IP Address of your Note9. You need to port forward to your MC Server, which is on the LAPTOP-B7T2MHQ0 I believe, so in the last image, it would have been 192.168.1.3. If that is always the address for the laptop, then Port Forward to that.

Second, however, it appears that your Laptop does change IP Address. Right now I can see that your laptop, at this very minute (yes, I can see your laptop IP Address because you shared your JRiver Access Key in those images) is 192.168.1.8. So Port Forwarding isn't going to work at the moment.

What you need to do is set up IP Address Reservation in your router, so that your laptop always gets the same IP Address when it is running on your home network. I haven't used Netgear Genie in ages, but I think it has a section for "IP Address Reservation" and calls it that. Some routers call it a "Static Lease". Not a Static IP Address. You don't want that. The WNDR3700v3 manual online seems to be a simplified version, so I can't check where this function is...

Ah, here it is, in the FAQ:

For the new (NETGEAR genie) router interface: https://kb.netgear.com/12923/Router-Initial-Setup-FAQ#howassignip

To acquire the IP address the computer or device is currently using, click Attached Devices under the BASIC tab. Note the IP address (192.168.1.x) the device is currently using.
Click ADVANCED > Setup > LAN setup.
Under Address Reservation, click Add.
Type in the IP Address (ex: 192.168.1.x), MAC Address, and Device Name.
Click Add to save the information.

So set that up to an appropriate address, and then set Port Forwarding to that address.

to test it properly would be to turn off the wifi on my phone so goes to the mobile data network, correct?

Correct.

also, the IP address on my phone is different, will that create and issue?

It doesn't matter, because you aren't Port Forwarding to your phone.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2020, 03:11:47 pm »

Ok, did all that and I think it worked. I turned off my wifi on my phone and then started JRemote2 and the full menu showed up. I'll take the dog for a walk and check it out. Thanks

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2020, 03:10:58 pm »

I notice in the metadata view that duration is shown in seconds, would be nice if this were converted to a human readable format.

JetBlack

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2020, 04:03:36 pm »

Ok, update. I could not get the music files to play this morning. JRemote2 looked like it was connected but it just would not play anything, it was like the App was frozen. So I gave up.

This afternoon I double-checked everything, the router, IP addresses. I rebooted my phone and computer. it seems to be working now. I was in my house, turned off the WIFI on the phone, opened JRemote2 played music from a playlist and it worked. I walked down the street a couple of hundred feet and it stayed playing. So let's see how it goes tomorrow when I take the pup for a walk

Goatshade

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2020, 04:16:02 am »

Anybody else having an issue where tapping a song no longer does anything? I have to tap the play button at the top of any given album to play it and then switch tracks via Playing Now.

EDIT: Never mind. Fixed it by clearing the data and readding the server. Strange.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2020, 03:05:27 am »

I thought JRemote2 had a different screen layout on a tablet compared to a phone.

I wanted to see what JRemote2 looked like on a tablet, so I installed the Bluestacks Android emulator on my PC, and then JRemote2. The screen layouts are identical to those on my phone, if I hold my phone in landscape mode. Bluestacks is set to tablet mode. It certainly doesn't look like this image: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125678.msg871354.html#msg871354
Is that even JRemote2?

So is there only one screen layout for JRemote2?

PS: I am still on the Beta group in the Play Store. Could that be the problem?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2020, 03:30:57 am »

Is that even JRemote2?

No, thats not JRemote2. Might be the iOS version on a tablet.

There is currently very few differences on a tablet for JRemote2, its still up there on the task list to improve it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2020, 05:30:10 pm »

Thanks for answering Hendrik... I may have led someone astray yesterday. Oops.

zetetic

• Recent member
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2020, 08:28:08 pm »

I wanted to report how much I am loving the new remote. I was previously running MC24 with Gizmo or Panel and both had various issues. Now with MC26 and Jremote2 it is working great, at home and externally to my network. I travel through a lot of bad mobile reception areas and have experienced few issues. A big thumbs up from me.

I wanted to report a few quirks that may be something to do with my setup/setings or something that might be considered for future updates. I am currently only using it for music playback of my own collection.

Lock screen:
On my lock screen I see the track artist and title, I see pause and skip forward or backward buttons but they do not work. If I have any other notifications I can click those which shows me a notification display for Jremote2 where pause/unpause work. I can't find any options to give the app more permissions to allow working on the lock screen so maybe something that needs work?

Playlist reset:
If I am playing through my car via Bluetooth or using a Bluetooth speaker if the device is powered down Jremote2 stops playing and resets to the beginning of the playlist, whether it is just one album or a randomised playlist. What I would expect/desire is for it to stop playing and stay at the track it was on, possibly even remember the point in the song that it was on.
I have experienced this with a 2016 KIA and a BOSE Bluetooth speaker.

Server:
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
MC26 Build 26.0.87
JRMark (version 26.0.87): 3052

Jremote2 Version 2.1.0.api21

Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Android version 9

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2020, 11:28:11 pm »

The "Play Next" option inserts the Track as the next to play if JRemote2 is currently playing. However, if it isn't playing, "Play Next" just appends the Track to the end of Playing Now. I don't think that is what was intended.

Well, maybe it is since there is no current playing Track after which to insert the new Track. However, if I have Tracks already in Playing Now and tapped that option, I would expect that Track to be placed at the beginning of Playing Now so that it is indeed played next.

See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125678.msg872869.html#msg872869 for some details.

hayouknow

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2020, 01:29:55 am »

I already bought JRemote 1, and now you want me to buy JRemote2, you removed the old one from the app store. I'm not paying £10 for a remote app again.

The old app worked fine leave it up so I can still download it on new device.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2020, 04:39:38 am »

The old JRemote is still available to users who already own it, it has not been removed from Google Play, only made unavailable for new purchases.
One way to access it is to check the "Library" section in the Play Store app under "My apps", it shows all applications you ever had on your account, and those that you own.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2020, 09:29:53 pm »

Great work so far, JRemote2 is my go-to remote to use.

A couple of functions that have been on my wish list for a while, and would round out my very simple listening routines:

1. When browsing tracks to add to playing now, depending on what the view mode is, show visual confirmation of track selection. Now I have to double check the playing now list to make sure the track selection worked.

2. Have proper access for RP playback (popular request). Right now I am using a klutzed together playlist (attached). It works on a pi 4 and the flac links take a bit to load regardless of machine used. Thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125897.0.html

Edit: Forgot to mention JR2 returns to home when the screen is rotated unless you are in Playing Now.

Thanks.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

sot13

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2020, 12:41:59 am »

Hi to all. I just downloaded JRemote2 and I enjoy what I see! However, I have a simple question re Playlists: When I tap and hold on a track of an album, (or tap on the three dots next to its name), I get a menu, whereby the last option is to "add to playlist". Choosing it, it appears that it does nothing!
I would expect that in a new screen/window, the list of my playlists would appear allowing me to choose the Playlist to add the track to. Instead, nothing happens!
Is this a bug, am I missing something, or what? How can I add a track to a specific playlist via JRemote2?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2020, 07:34:00 am »

Is it adding to the current playlist?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2020, 07:35:17 am »

The playlist management in JRemote2 is not fully there yet. It'll be expanded in a future update.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

sot13

• Recent member
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2020, 10:26:25 am »

Is it adding to the current playlist?
I am not sure where it is adding it...!!! Maybe is my fault that I don't understand the "mechanics" of adding a track in a playlist within JRemote2!!!
I would expect it to work the way I described it in my original post i.e. during play of a given track, one decides that he/she would like to add it to an existing (or not) playlist, then long clicks on the track, chooses the playlist name and... that's it!
Apparently this is not!!!
What am I missing? How other users add tracks to playlists via JRemote2?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2020, 05:20:26 pm »

I am not sure where it is adding it...!!!

It isn't adding it anywhere. It does nothing. The functionality is incomplete, as Hendrik said.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2020, 01:23:43 pm »

A couple of small observations from trying this on a new tablet:
The SSL failure error message when connecting to a server should be a lot clearer, and preferably offer to retry without SSL.

The seek bar for video *really* needs a bigger vertical touch zone. If feels as if I have to absolutely hit the line to get it to do something- Mega frustrating :)

Logic800

• Recent member
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2020, 06:29:55 am »

Hi, the app works great for me 99% of the time but it won't play one of my Santana albums remotely, it has the artwork but seemingly can't see the flac (16/44) tracks (plays fine directly through MC26.0.98). Have deleted app, cleared storage and cache, re-imported album in MC26, etc but still no luck.

Also, I have two albums with same name, i.e. '1' and they get merged even though they are by different artists but I see that somebody else has noted this problem. Thanks

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2020, 02:54:56 am »

Hi,  I have my full collection of flac and mp3's in JRiver 24 tagged etc the way I like.   I have a new android phone and I am confused as to what media player I should use.  I thought I wanted to purchase JRemote 1 and download a subset of my collection to the phone memory (flac or mp3) and play  through headphones or the car bluetooth?  JRemote 1 allowed me to keep any meta data associated with the files created by jriver.   syncing changes back to jriver would be nice but not essential.   Now it sounds like that app is not available and I can get jremote 2 which will control my jriver PC  via my in house wifi network and if I set up port forwarding can stream my files via internet or via mobile data to my phone but jremote 2 can't play my subset of files copied and stored on my phone.    Do I have this right?     Somewhat related question... If I use google play and upload flac or mp3 files to the phone... google play transcodes everything to mp3.   Google Does something and builds a library and some how makes them available via the cloud to which I can add purchased files and also get their streamed music with advertisements ( or pay a monthly fee for unlimited access no comercials)?    Could I still use jremote to play these google play managed files or does something happen to them?    So before, I toss the phone what should I do to play my music without paying for megabits and monthly fees?    I really only want the files available when I travel out of the area.... my local alt public supported radio station does a fantastic job curating new music that I can play or stream.     

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2020, 05:08:17 pm »

I've trying to compare features of Jremote2 vs Gizmo with no success (wiki, play store, this forum). Would please direct me to the right place.

joergstumpp

• Recent member
Error showing labels containing line breaks
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2020, 07:22:51 am »

In JRiver  for classical albums I have configured an album view, containing Icon and a label with 2 lines. First line containing the composer and second line containing the "work".
See attachment.

The view in JRemote2 and JRemote is different, it combines the orignal two line of the label in just one line.

Please handle line breaks correctly in JRemote.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2020, 08:57:59 pm »

As many on here have said, I love JRemote2 and use it all the time.

Just wondering when volume leveling and adaptive volume will be added (and adding songs to playlists from JRemote2 itself, a feature I liked a lot on the original). Also, when the volume stuff is added, is the full set of standard DSP options going to be available or no (like basic--not parametric--EQ, etc.)? Just curious.

Thanks for letting me know!

Trumpetguy

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2020, 07:36:41 am »

[...] What I would expect/desire is for it to stop playing and stay at the track it was on, possibly even remember the point in the song that it was on.
[...]

I just tested, and Jremote2 remembers the current playlist and the track being played, but it starts at the beginning of that track. A settings choice for restart track or continue would be nice. Or maybe a pop-up choice when pressing play again - either play from beginning or current position of the track.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2020, 07:09:04 am »

My one and only feature request for JRemote2 is an option to have the |<| button replay the current playing media/track (e.g. music) instead of the current behavior where it plays the previous track. Right now it's a little annoying trying to replay a track, as you either have to drag the position in the progress bar back to the beginning (which isn't always easy, sometimes you can only get it a few seconds into a track instead the very beginning) or go into the playing now playlist and select the track.

It should work like CD players and some other Android media players do; one press of the |<| button replays the current track, double press goes to the previous track. And if you press the |<| button within the first 5 seconds of a track, it goes to the previous track.

Thoughts?
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2020, 01:53:22 pm »

I'm trying to create a custom view for JRemote2 using "Recent" as a template. I want to display albums sorted by Date Imported (like the default) but also prepend the Album Artist so that I can search by artist as well (currently the default "recent" view is only limited to searching for album names). Under Media Network>Set Rules For File Display>Audio>Recent, I have edited "Show categories in this order" from "Album" to an expression with "Group By" set to [Album] and "Expression to Display" set to [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]. Yet this does not appear to change anything in the JRemote2 "Recent" view. I have killed the app and cleared the cache with no effect (only album names are displayed). Any ideas?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2020, 11:47:46 am »

You did restart MC (including service)?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2020, 12:05:08 pm »

You did restart MC (including service)?

Thanks, MC just needed a restart. Perhaps it would be better if this could be handled dynamically or at least prompt the user for a restart.

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2020, 05:22:32 pm »

My one and only feature request for JRemote2 is an option to have the |<| button replay the current playing media/track (e.g. music) instead of the current behavior where it plays the previous track.

Awesome Donkey

Sorry if I'm missing something in your request, but how |<| works is determined by MC rather than JRemote2.  In Tools, Options, General, under Behaviour there's 'Previous button', with the options of 'Previous track always', and 'CD player style'.  I prefer the Previous track always, which I assume is the default.  If I want to replay the track I'd hit Stop, wait a couple of seconds then Play, or else Pause and then move the slider to the start.

I hope this helps.
Martin

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2020, 02:55:43 am »

The default as far as I know is CD player style, and that setting in MC doesn't have any effect on remotes as far as I know. It's something that'd have to be supported within the remote itself.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2020, 05:55:12 am »

I know Wiki says that CD player style is the default but that will have been written years ago, and may not have been updated if changed in later versions.

I suggest you check your settings.  Using CD player style |<| on my Idpi and JRemote2 on my phone does replay the track.  MC on my laptop does the same, but I've only checked it using a mouse.  In both cases I couldn't get it to play the previous track by double clicking.  However if you can confirm that then it's a problem in MC/Idpi rather than JRemote2.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2020, 06:09:21 am »

I suggest you check your settings.  Using CD player style |<| on my Idpi and JRemote2 on my phone does replay the track.  MC on my laptop does the same, but I've only checked it using a mouse.  In both cases I couldn't get it to play the previous track by double clicking.  However if you can confirm that then it's a problem in MC/Idpi rather than JRemote2.

Are you using JRemote2 as a remote to control MC running somewhere like a PC or Pi? If so, yes, it'll work that way.

However, I don't use JRemote2 as a remote to control MC running on a device (in this case would be my Raspberry Pi). I use JRemote2 to stream music from my music library running on my Raspberry Pi MC server to JRemote2 (to the This Device zone) on my phone to listen back to music. So that previous button setting in MC has no effect and would need to be supported within the app itself.

MartinC

• Recent member
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2020, 06:38:02 am »

Yes, I am using JRemote2 to control my Idpi feeding my DAC.  I use MC on my laptop for ripping and housekeeping and sync my HD to a SSD for playback.

My use is fairly simple, and to be honest I don't really understand how you use JRemote2.  I started my original post with 'Sorry if I'm missing something in your request', because it had seemed so odd coming from you.

I hope you get it sorted.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2020, 07:13:43 am »

My use is fairly simple, and to be honest I don't really understand how you use JRemote2.

I'll try to explain. You can use remote apps (JRemote, JRemote2, Gimzo, Panel, MO 4Media, eos, MC running as a client, etc.) several different ways;

1) They can function as a remote control for a Media Center instance running on a device like a PC, Pi, etc. The instance of MC running on the device being controlled is known as a server. So an example is if you have MC running on a Pi connected to a DAC that outputs music and you control it with JRemote2. This is how most people use remote apps including yourself.

Before I continue, I should explain running MC as a server and running MC as a client. MC servers can connect to other MC instances running on different devices on the same network (you can access it from outside your network but that's a different can of worms). Say you have two PCs and you install MC on the main PC where all your files are. You can install MC on the second PC (and thanks to media network) and you can connect it to your main MC running on your PC and load up your library without needing to re-import everything for example. The second MC connected to the main PC is called a client. In simple terms you can connect a client to the server and a) control the server from the client as a remote control or b) stream media from the server to the client.

2) The second use case of remote apps is streaming media from a MC server to the remote itself (which basically functions as a client) where the media is played back on the device (Android phone in this case) running JRemote2. This is how I mainly use JRemote2, I stream music from my MC server to my phone while I'm outside for example. This works rather well!

JRiver for Android can also function as a client and load the library from a server running on a different device.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up