INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.26 beta available  (Read 7927 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.26 beta available
« on: December 30, 2003, 05:38:08 pm »

Media Center 10.0.26 beta is available.

This is a beta.  Avoid this if problems, changes, or crashes will upset you.  Do NOT try this if you aren't prepared for trouble.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10026.exe

10.0.26 (12/30/03)

1. Fixed: Renaming data burn folders did not work properly.
2. Fixed: MC would not import ID3v1.1 comments.
3. Changed: Removed "Update Library (from tags -- if changes detected)."
4. NEW: MC fully supports reading / writing of Unicode (UTF-16) ID3v2 tags on MP3s.
5. Changed: Pane in-place editing allowed without picking files below. (applies to all visible files)
6. NEW: Added new "Customize View..." dialog to List Style menu. (still a work in progress)

10.0.25 (12/29/03)

1. Changed: Clean File Properties > Capitalization tool deals better with square brackets, semi-colons, and forward slashes.
2. Fixed: Data CD specific options would not show up in data burning mode.
3. Fixed: Ctrl+F wouldn't always select the proper path when not in 'All' media mode.
4. Fixed: List double-click to search entire library was not showing up properly outside of 'All' media mode.
5. Fixed: Tree item toolbar buttons and keyboard shortcuts were not working properly.
6. Fixed: Customize toolbar dialog would list non-configurable toolbars in dropdown.
7. Changed: Options dialog remembers last page, even if cancel is pressed.
8. Changed: Media Mode remembered between sessions.
9. Changed: Image menu didn't show "Copy to Clipboard" command for images. (only audio)
10. Changed: Added 'Import' to CD view's right-click menu.
11. Fixed: Locate command was not working outside of 'All' media mode.
12. Fixed: Using pane tagging to change the date would not always work.
13. Changed: Updating the tree will always ensure that the current item is visible.
14. Changed: Action Window updating / resizing more efficient. (let us know if there are areas updating too little or too much)
15. Fixed: Exiting party mode could sometimes cause changes to be saved instead of discarded.
16. NEW: Added "no files -- double-click here to play all files" feature to Playing Now.
17. Fixed: List headers would flash when scrolling lists in details mode.
18. Changed: Removed beta timeout. (was January 4, 2004)
19. Changed: MC allows creation of empty view schemes.
20. Changed: Recent Playing Now playlists excluded from tooltips.
21. Changed: Tooltip images drawn as large as possible.

10.0.24 (12/24/03) -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1. Fixed: View schemes with grouped fields were not saving / loading properly.
2. Fixed: Duration after import of some AAC files was incorrect.
3. Changed: Several enhancements to new Action Window burning system.
4. Fixed: Reordering files (via drag-n-drop) would select a dropped file multiple times if it occured more than once in the list.
5. Changed: In-place editing combobox enlarged to account for drop arrow.
6. Changed: Updated Media Mode toolbar art.
7. Fixed: In-place editing would show the wrong values for the "selected set" portion of the list.
8. Changed: In-place editing handles more values before saying <too many to list>.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
Re:Media Center 10.0.26 beta available
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 05:57:38 pm »

Changed: Removed "Update Library (from tags -- if changes detected)."

can you explain this?  PLease.. I make lots of changes with other tag programs since MC doesn't do it all.  
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 06:09:39 pm »

PLease.. I make lots of changes with other tag programs

Update Library (from tags) is still there.  Just not the "only if changes detected" one.  It's more concise and more fail-proof this way.

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 06:17:13 pm »

seems like it would be much slower to me,  I am reading a lot about tags, and askling for some changes too, can I assume (i know how to spell it), that MC is into newer and better things and has slowed up on tags?

You can delete this .. I am one of those  that seems to be loosing a battle of what was the best taging software  around,  seems like mc wants  it to be something else.,   sorry.. It's just frustrating , i know i am old and just don't understand.. deleting this message is fine.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 06:25:14 pm »

Loading tags is very fast, so there is little need for both options.

If you'd like to discuss this please start another thread.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 06:27:01 pm »

when editing fields and have only a 3 files selected why does it list

"<too many files to list>" since it listed all the files selected?

==========================
file 1 title
file 2 title
file 3 title
-----------------------------
<too many files to list>
==========================

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 06:34:20 pm »

when editing fields and have only a 3 files selected why does it list

"<too many files to list>" since it listed all the files selected?

It does this:

entries from currect selection
-------------------------------
entries from entire library

Some people didn't understand why sometimes they saw the whole list and other times didn't.  Maybe better wording would help.

fex

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 07:30:28 pm »

I do not have any smartlist. Only playlists?

LonWar

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 07:37:44 pm »

After playing around with it, Here are my issues...

1. Whenever you navigate from track to track, the Handheld icon in AW flashes.
2. PARTY MODE:  If your in PM and you turn off MC and then turn it back on, PM is not on... ... Would like to see absolutley no changes allowed in Party mode, Not even temperary... Or maybe an option.
4. Is there a function that clears playing now on exit? If not, can this be added?
5. I took a look at Winamp 5, and although it has nowhere near the same functionality, there panes work alot faster. Also you may want to take a look to see how they have there eq on the player. MC would benefit to that!
6. When scrolling everything blurs for a second.. Kinda annoying.
7. Speed... MC strong point is that you can have album art, Bios and Lyrics.. However this slowes down the database alot... Is this being looked at?
8. The SEARCH bar, this really is tooo small and in the wrong place.... Any chance that this can be moved back, or at least adjustable on the user side?
9. When you turn on MC, it would be nice if a screen came up asking you what library you wanted...
10. Would be nice if we could load songs into the Database from our handheld, and work like a HD... Play music back through MC while keeping the file on the handheld.
11. When you first select a track, (for the first time) it takes about 10 seconds and then goes to Buffering... This only happens with the first track.

12. I took a look at the burning part of MC and it really is cool, The only thing I would like to see changed is the ability to change the drive and wether it is a Audio or Data cd after the initial choice. I picked the wrong drive and had to start over, then picked the right dive but left it on Audio instead of Data... Took 3 tries, but I made my disk.

Well that's about it....
-

fex

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 07:42:10 pm »

...9. When you turn on MC, it would be nice if a screen came up asking you what library you wanted...

Please, no, not another question... ;)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 08:10:44 pm »

6. NEW: Added new "Customize View..." dialog to List Style menu. (still a work in progress)

8. Changed: Media Mode remembered between sessions.

Fantastic!! You can stop right there. Now I've got everything I want, and it works! Did you take a chrsitmas holiday?

Well, one small thing I noticed with no.8 above is that if you set the startup options to go to media library (or video if that's what the media library is set to when you click on options) and then close and restart MC, when you reopen, the Video view (in this case) is correctly loaded, but MC starts in "Start" and not in the "Video" view as expected.

However, if you set the startup option to "last location" all is dandy and works perfectly.

Happy New Year.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 09:02:41 pm »

Have you created any?  There are no longer pre-created auto-smartlists out of the box, but it's easy to add the ones you like using "New Smartlist" dialog. (preset menu)

Start a thread if there are more details to hammer out.  Thanks.

fex

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 09:23:58 pm »

Have you created any?

No. They were just there. And they were very useful (I think).

There are no longer pre-created auto-smartlists out of the box, but it's easy to add the ones you like using "New Smartlist" dialog. (preset menu)

I know to add them. But why should I create such useful smartlists for my own again and again? This is one of the reasons I use a 'computer'.

Start a thread if there are more details to hammer out.  Thanks.

There is nothing to hammer out. I'm just missing very useful presets I loved when I used MC for the first time one year ago. Is there any reason to loose them now?

dragyn

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 09:36:44 pm »

Customized View... (I know this is unfinished but here's some things to look at)

Renamed fields don't show after applying. I have "Track #" as "#". When applying, "#" is removed from list.
Lots of drawing errors (flickering).
How about a "Top", "Bottom" instead of clicking Up/Down ten times? Or movable entries with the mouse like playlists?

--
View Schemes Editing

Grouped fields don't show in list. Artist and Artist (grouped) are both shown as Artist.

--
Action Window

Windows don't remember where it was when switching. This is pretty time consuming when using Tag Info and have to scroll back.

--
Request: Mouse wheel to control volume when restoring window (taskbar; without having to click volume area; doesn't do anything now so it would be useful there)

--
Media Center Registered 10.0.26 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 804 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 60 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 09:57:49 pm »

Is there a way of purchasing the 10v license at the discount price of 10 bucks without downloading this beta version. So when it's stable I'll already have my license. Because I can't seem find the server for this link.  :o  ?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 10:07:57 pm »

No, sorry. The discount is to encourage people to beta test it for us.

j

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 10:18:11 pm »

ok I'm haven problem's with the link do you have any idea's on how I can try it when my computer can't locate the server to download it . 2ndly 10 v is there a try it before you upgrade or is the 10 bucks need ed to test it for you off the top.

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 10:41:30 pm »

Any word on duplication of my "Skip Duplicate Files" bug during a Convert Format?  Just to recap, it never skips duplicates even if I do a convert of some files and repeat the convert minutes later with no change to files.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 10:44:51 pm »

ok I'm haven problem's with the link do you have any idea's on how I can try it when my computer can't locate the server to download it . 2ndly 10 v is there a try it before you upgrade or is the 10 bucks need ed to test it for you off the top.

No ideas, can you give a more specific error message? Which browser are you using? Any firewall or proxy server?

There is a 30 day trial period (I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

j

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2003, 12:03:16 am »

Just a note to say that I think the dialog box for Customizing the List Style is great. It's really very intuitive. Whenever my view schemes got messed up, I would re-add my columns, but getting them to sort in the right orders was always a pain, and now it's easy. Thanks.

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

Nick-S

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2003, 02:01:32 am »

I, personally, think that the icons in the action windows are to small now, they're not looking good at my TFT-screen and they're looking better when they are bigger.

Another thing is that it would be good if the icon "Rip CD" appears in the action windows when you click on any cd-drive.

One thing was also said before (I think): The menu-structure should be checked.
There should be one menu "Library" with the sub-entries: Import Media, Aquire Images, Rip CD, Burn CD, Print

"Skins should" go to "View" And the Plug-Ins should be configurable by the options windows

"Add View Sheme" should also be placed at View

Marko

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2003, 04:23:51 am »

31/12/03

Bugs
1. Party Mode. Something is badly wrong with party mode atm. Prolly goes without saying, but no-one should trust it in its current state.
   Last night, I ran a quick test on the fix in build .25, and, while coming out of party mode was still a scary experience that bounced the tree selection back to "start", at least the playing now list was retained and the changes discarded.
   OK, so this morning I'm running my buglist through v26 and while testing the "Locate > " function, I asked MC to locate the artist "4 Strings" internally, which it duly did. I then clicked the "back" button on my mouse, MC went back, but imagine my surprise to find that the "4 Strings" artist field was now showing "No Strings" which was what I'd changed it to while in party mode last night in build 25
   There's more though...
   I immediately changed the artist back to "4 Strings", and according to the "filetype info" screen, the changes had been saved. I went on with testing locate internal and a few moments later, MC crashes out silently. I'll talk more about the crashing below, the worrying thing here is that when MC was restarted, "4 Strings" was once again "No Strings". I changed it back again, closed MC and restarted (MC) and it seems to have held this time.
   This is a great bug, it really surprised me. I have not tried reproducing it. Do I need to? or is this enough to go on?

2. [date] field not being saved to file. (this option is off by default, but I want it on, so I turned it on. It's not working)

3. streaming wma still hit & miss. digitallyimported wma streams are working, but still erratic. Add a couple of streams (I tested using the 56k links) to playing now and start one playing...
   4a. MC identifies the stream as .wmv and won't use viz'ns. Telling MC that this is in fact audio, not video makes no difference. This one also applies to .ram streams.
   4b. Sticking with the DI streams, the elapsed time counter doesn't work. The "number plays" field is not being updated either. Is that because the time counter never moves from 0:00?
   4c. Still with DI streams, MC cannot detect (or is not displaying) the stream bitrate (displays ? instead)
   4d. Using the 2 streams added to playing now earlier, double-click the second while the first is playing. MC gets very confused (Xfade problems perhaps?)
       http://foc.no-ip.com/pics/wma1.jpg
       After this, MC will crash with no error message.

(Thread for wma streaming discussion)

4. streaming .ram audio. MC initially catalogues these as video streams. After changing the filetype to audio, vizualisations still don't play.

5. Image > quick find in file/coverart directory does not pick up correctly named .bmp files

6. 'Right click > locate > external, opens the containing folder in explorer, but the target file is not selected.

7. 'Right click > locate > internal' is still quite buggy. If the action window is showing a large screen like tag or filetype info, then a lot of wierdness ensues while MC drills through My Computer, and when its done, the AW obscures the selected tree node.
   All appears to work a bit more smoothly when the action window is at its default size, "home" or "image" for example. Click back, choose another file, "locate" is now top of the menu, hit that, MC begins to refresh the left panel, then crashes. The numner of times locate is used before MC crashes varies, but the crash will happen. So far, I've not done 4 without a crash.

Annoyances
1. Bump --->Link

2. Rip CD (bug?): Insert audio disc, click on "rip cd". The "norm" up to now has been for MC to automatically parse cd-rom drives and present them for ripping. Now, I get a "no files selected" dialogue and must select the drive to rip from prior to ripping

3. Can't believe you removed the "recursive" options from my computer. All those times I goofed and wound up with C:\ selected, the cancel button worked just fine for me. Is it not possible to filter the root or even selected folders from the recursive command? Need to have this back, please. (last airing for this one:) I do wish you'd bring it back though)

4. Pane header right click options. Why remove such an immensly functional menu? Now, instead of right-click, move left/right, then back again, we have to pop that dialogue and play with up/down buttons, then go back and do it all again to put things back.
   We have so many seemingly redundant options duplicated all through MC, but this one, this super-duper functional thing, gets the chop.

5. This feels really uncomfortable. After trying to really use the action window, it winds up like so.... http://foc.no-ip.com/pics/aw.jpg. Feels extremely claustrophobic. It really began to grind. In taginfo view for example, it was just using much needed screen real estate, and I had absolutely no way to take control of it.

Wishlist
1. rename files from properties: Can we have an MRU button (for recently used locations) next to the browse button for "base directory"

2. remember action window state across sessions

3. remember right-click MRU across sessions

4. Auto-complete: Would be neat if this could also "auto-dropdown" and filter the list. (I always forget to drop-down first and think auto-complete is broke)

5. Long time wish :)

Thank You
2. remember category bar state across sessions (not reset to "all") :D

Media Center Registered 10.0.26 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1610 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 649 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive R:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive Q: TDK      DVDRW0404N         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

pat1066

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2003, 06:01:41 am »

Attempting to play web radio stations classified by my MC10024 as WMV causes a crash if I reinstall WMP9 (for W98) after reinstalling MC10024 (Or is it vice versa? I have done the reinstalls so many times I can't face doing it again and can't remember!)
I am wondering if this links to my inability to Convert any files to WMA (although I can Rip and Record to WMA) which is the reason for trying the reinstalls.
Maybe I should have posted this in the streaming WMA thread? Or the 10024 thread?
Pat.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2003, 07:10:48 am »

Switching between any view schemes or playing now causes the action window flash the handheld icon and gives playback glitches...Nasty glitches too...  renders this build a bit nasty for disco work...MCs playback has always been rock solid so it was a real surprise to be hearing judders and glitches...especially when only doing something as simple as switching a view scheme...

On a positive note the create view scheme and create column dialogs are much better

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2003, 07:12:42 am »

I have a field named RealBPM where I enter verified or manually calculated BPM values so that Media Center doesn't overwrite them when I analyze audio (Media Center is usually off by a couple of BPM, it seems).

Recently I changed the display name of that field to BPM2 so that it would fit in a narrower column, but the field itself is still named RealBPM.

In the new "customize view" dialog I can see BPM2 (not RealBPM) in the list but if I select its checkbox and press OK the column doesn't show up in the song listing.  I assume this is because MC looks for a field named BPM2 rather than a field displayed as "BPM2" and gets confused.  I can still display it by selecting it in the old Columns To Show menu.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2003, 09:28:27 am »

Can't get this ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10026.exe. link to work. Can't find the server is it turned off or somthing. It so how can I get the upgrade to 10v to try it out.  ? If there another link what is it . Help . ?

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2003, 09:35:31 am »

Please replie to my last post about the 10.0.26 version I would like to upgrade at that 10 dollar discount price.

LonWar

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2003, 09:47:13 am »

Are you behind a firewall or anything? Using IE6?

I was just able to download it now..
-

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 09:53:14 am »

yea Zonealarm show I disable it.

LonWar

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 09:54:46 am »

Try disabling it,

Let us know..
-

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 09:56:05 am »

ok I'll try that thanks.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 09:59:17 am »

I think that was the ticket file is starting to downloading thank's again for the tip.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 10:09:51 am »

It's just occurred to me that there's really no way of editting a smartlist. The search bar, where the smartlist rules are displayed is way too short to be of any use at all in this, and it doesn't resize to show you what rules are currently being applied, so how can we edit it?

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2003, 10:15:57 am »

Converting any type file from My Computer view does not work. The focus jumps to the first listed disc drive and claims there are no files to convert. It does this on both unimported and imported files.

Media Center Registered 10.0.26 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 596 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive I:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive I: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2003, 10:27:02 am »

How long do the 10 dollar upgrade last before it goes up to 20 buck's. and do you have to pay the 10 as so as you download and install for it to work. or do you have 30 day's or something like that. I've been out of town since the 20th of Dec. and know this has been address before . But just got back yesterday and that when I found out about the new 10version,so I'm kind of in the dark here on how this work's. I just upgraded to the new 9 version last nite .So that's ware I stand right now. If someone can give me a brief heads on the 10 version It'll be very helpful.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2003, 10:30:46 am »

I can't emphasis more how happy I am about this little thing. To celebrate, I just bought myself MC 10 as new years gift.

LonWar

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2003, 10:42:24 am »

How long do the 10 dollar upgrade last before it goes up to 20 buck's. and do you have to pay the 10 as so as you download and install for it to work. or do you have 30 day's or something like that. I've been out of town since the 20th of Dec. and know this has been address before . But just got back yesterday and that when I found out about the new 10version,so I'm kind of in the dark here on how this work's. I just upgraded to the new 9 version last nite .So that's ware I stand right now. If someone can give me a brief heads on the 10 version It'll be very helpful.

There is no officail date as to when the $10 will end.
I think there is a trial period for 10, but can't remember how long it will last.
-

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 10:47:07 am »

Can you say SLOW!!    ?

I seem to be having some amazingly slow responce in this build.

When I select a new artist, or switch lists, or start playing something MC seems to take it's own sweet time. This didn't happen with the last build.

I looked at the system resources/performance and the computer's cpu is hardly working hard at all, it is a 3.0,800mhz,hypthred, but MC is slow, slow, slow.

I also just registered it.

Everything works but anything that involves the interface and database seems slow.

Also, Love the Unicode in ID3 Tags!!!! Yeah!  ;)

Please work on the performance problem. Thank you.

Gary

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2003, 11:20:35 am »

A couple of things.

1. It seems that the media type filter (sorry can't remmeber the correct term) is saved universally instead of on a per library basis. I need to separate my image, video and audio libraries because I have too many files to keep them all in one library. It would be great if this were individually assignible per library.

2. Wasn't there a back arrow in the playing now view? If so, what happened to it? It not, could this be added? There are lots of times when I'm auditioning video clips and need a quick way to go back and forth between playing now and whatever playlist I'm in. Even better would be a way to "play" thumbnails in the thumbnail view without having to go to playing now to view them.

Thanks!

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2003, 11:47:08 am »

My TV Tuner is no longer working with v10.  It's a Hauppauge WinTV using the 878 chipset.  MC is recognizing the card and scanning for channels.  When I try to view a channel, however, the audio comes up but then MC locks up.

It works fine with Hauppauge's WinTV app.  If you need any more details, let me know.  
Toast goes in the toaster.

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2003, 12:43:58 pm »

When MC gets to the last song in a playlist it cuts off the last 5 or 6 seconds (kind of stutters) when I use ASIO output.  I also notice a "Waiting" dialog pops up in place of the song elapsed time at this point too.  When I use Wave out it is fine (however I don't get my rear speakers then).  My MB is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe v1.04 using build 366 of the Nforce2 audio drivers.

Media Center Registered 10.0.26 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 2347 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 597 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2003, 01:29:41 pm »

Even better would be a way to "play" thumbnails in the thumbnail view without having to go to playing now to view them.

Thanks!

YES! That is a great idea!  ;D :o

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2003, 03:02:35 pm »

Even better would be a way to "play" thumbnails in the thumbnail view without having to go to playing now to view them

For videos and images, double-click goes to fullscreen.  Escape, stop, or double-click all bring it back.  Works really well for me.  (make sure you haven't changed the Options > General > Jump on play option)

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2003, 04:02:25 pm »

Have you created any?  There are no longer pre-created auto-smartlists out of the box, but it's easy to add the ones you like using "New Smartlist" dialog. (preset menu)

Fair enough. How about the Recent Playing Now collection - that was one of the most useful ones for me and I don't see it in the "New Smartlist" dialog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up