INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Remote available now -- $41  (Read 123205 times)

Joe.Haase

• Recent member
Re: Media Center Remote available now -- $41
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2011, 06:34:52 am »

I'm running 16.0.121
I also forgot to mention that before I disabled windows MC in theater view... when I would press the top buttons, it would launch windows mc with the respected choice... so I know the remote is working fine... its just confused with MC16 on Win 7

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2011, 09:03:06 am »

I also have a similar problem to many here. The Ir-Reciver picks up signals from the remote that comes with it fine. But when trying to learn blaster commands, it just sits on "press button many times", no matter how many times i press it. And it doesn't learn the command from my TV or receiver remote. The Ir-receiver blinks red when i press the button, so it seems like it picks up the signal fine. Any tips? Any programs that could interfere or similar?

JohnT

« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2011, 10:07:05 am »

I also forgot to mention that before I disabled windows MC in theater view... when I would press the top buttons, it would launch windows mc with the respected choice... so I know the remote is working fine... its just confused with MC16 on Win 7
A couple things to try.  First, are you using English as the language in Media Center?  If not, try switching to English and see if the problem is fixed.  If so, we have a bug in the translation.
If that's not the issue, go to Tools / Options / Theater View and click the "Reset!..." button.  Beware that this gets rid of any customization you may have done to Theater View views.  There was a bug that was fixed a couple months back which got these buttons working again in MC16, but if your Theater View setup is older than that, you may need the Reset to get those buttons to work.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:16 am »

I also have a similar problem to many here. The Ir-Reciver picks up signals from the remote that comes with it fine. But when trying to learn blaster commands, it just sits on "press button many times", no matter how many times i press it. And it doesn't learn the command from my TV or receiver remote. The Ir-receiver blinks red when i press the button, so it seems like it picks up the signal fine. Any tips? Any programs that could interfere or similar?
Do you have a plasma TV?  If so, that puts out a lot of IR interference which may cause the learning process to fail.  Try moving the IR receiver back so it's slightly behind the TV screen (or off to the right or left and behind the plane of the screen).  Direct sunlight can also interfere.  Are you doing quick short taps on the buttons when doing the learning?  Holding down the button can cause multiple codes to be sent and may cause learning problems, just do quick taps.  What kind of remote are you learning?  Make sure it has fresh batteries and that it is within a few inches of the receiver and pointed directly at it.  Also, try unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in to reset it.

flac.rules

« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2011, 01:10:36 pm »

The receiver is actually by my computer at the moment (I am trying to use it to control volume of my amp from the computer). I have it behind the screen, I tried detaching and attaching the usb, i am straight ahead of it, only a few inches away. I also tried short taps (i also tried with an ok button, instead of volume, as the volume buttons function changes rapidly the longer you hold it in). Still no luck, I even have to receivers at two computers, but neither of them work now. I am pretty sure the first one worked a while ago (i just learned one command to test), is it a possibility that the problem has been introduced in an update? I tried both with the remote to my denon receiver, and also my sharp TV.

larichardson73

• Recent member
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:27 am »

I was wondering if anyone knew how to program a button on the remote to add a song to an existing playlist.  In standard view, you can right click, and say, "send to -> playlist -> 'playlist name'".  I've looked through the MCC command list, but can't see any obvious solution.  Any ideas?

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2011, 03:50:06 pm »

My remote arrived today and I have it working.  Much nicer than the previous one I was testing with!

I've disabled Windows Media Center.  Is there now a way to have the green button launch MC if it's not running?

Also, it would be brilliant if the 'skip' button would skip forward 30 seconds when playing video just like it does on other PVRs.   Is there a way of doing that currently?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2011, 04:54:12 pm »

My remote arrived today and I have it working.  Much nicer than the previous one I was testing with!

I've disabled Windows Media Center.  Is there now a way to have the green button launch MC if it's not running?

Also, it would be brilliant if the 'skip' button would skip forward 30 seconds when playing video just like it does on other PVRs.   Is there a way of doing that currently?
The right and left arrow next to the OK button will skip.

Run Media Server at Windows Startup to get the Green Button to work when MC isn't open.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2011, 04:46:46 pm »

The right and left arrow next to the OK button will skip.

Run Media Server at Windows Startup to get the Green Button to work when MC isn't open.

Left and right buttons work great, thanks.

How about a button to return the previous channel when watching live tv?

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2011, 11:39:30 pm »

Does this particular remote have any programmable keys without using the utility in MC16. I need to be able to control power/volume to my reciever when I am in Windows Media Center as well as in MC16.. I have a Ceton and still fighting with live ATSC TV in MC16.

Also is it possible for the learning IR relayer to at least stay resident for the basic device commands at startup and stay resident even if MCE is launched or you are as the desktop?

Finally how many extra keys are there to program for the core device functions? The pictures of the remote are kind of hard to decipher.

I am currently using an Original MS RC6 with learning for volume, TV power and the mute key. I hate Harmony's as Media Center Remotes.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2011, 08:10:56 am »

You can get to a larger image if you click on "Full Size" here.

The only way I know to train it is to use MC.

If Media Server is set to run on Windows Start, you may be able to control volume when MC isn't running.

SkyBox

• Recent member
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2011, 09:24:06 am »

Anyone know if this remote works with Imon software?  I have an Antec Fusion HTPC case with built-in receiver.  Looking for a replacement remote.  Does this remote also work well with WMC?

Considering the Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control, but doubt it works with MC16.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2011, 08:05:40 am »

I placed an international order on Oct 7, and have not had any news since the purchase confirmation arrived in my email the same day. What would be the expected delivery time? Is there any way to track the shipment?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2011, 09:49:50 am »

I placed an international order on Oct 7, and have not had any news since the purchase confirmation arrived in my email the same day. What would be the expected delivery time? Is there any way to track the shipment?
It was shipped on the 12th.  It went by US Postal Service.  There is no way to track.  I would allow two weeks.   Thanks for the order.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2011, 10:38:27 am »

It was shipped on the 12th.  It went by US Postal Service.  There is no way to track.  I would allow two weeks.   Thanks for the order.

Thank's for the quick response, I look forward to try it :-) guess it may be a couple of more weeks, though. Patience...

Trumpetguy

« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2011, 04:23:32 pm »

And it arrived today, and works quite well right of the box!

I have tried to read my way to how to start MC using the "green button", instead of Windows Media Center. Is there?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2011, 04:39:33 pm »

Good news.  The setting that disables WMC is under Tools/Options/Theater View.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2011, 01:38:36 am »

Good news.  The setting that disables WMC is under Tools/Options/Theater View.

I found that already, thanks. But is there a way to configure this button to start MC16 instead? In general, are there ways to configure buttons to do specific actions other than the learning in Tools/Options/Remote Control?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2011, 07:11:58 am »

I found that already, thanks. But is there a way to configure this button to start MC16 instead? In general, are there ways to configure buttons to do specific actions other than the learning in Tools/Options/Remote Control?
If you checked "Disable Windows Media Center", MC should start when you press the green button.  Make sure you run Media Server on Windows startup.

XP may not work.

bag

« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2011, 11:34:17 am »

Hello, I'm from Italy, my name is Emanuele Sacco and his is my first post.
I've purchased the remote on 12 of october and received confirmation email with code.
I didn't receive a shipping notification email so I don't know if my remote has been shipped.

Can you please let me know something about it?

Thank you!!

Bye

Emanuele

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2011, 02:17:04 pm »

We can check the ship date tomorrow and let you know.  It should have shipped by the second business day after your purchase.  It would normally take 1 to 2 weeks after that.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2011, 10:19:53 am »

Hello, Jim! I want to make an order for the mce remote, but the the links seem to be down at the moment.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2011, 10:26:29 am »

The order page is working.  I just tested from here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Remote

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2011, 10:31:30 am »

The order page is working.  I just tested from here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Remote

Oh, i'm sorry. I used Opendns and it worked. I hate my isp's lousy DNS servers.

Anyway, I just ordered one :D

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2011, 10:40:06 am »

Thanks for your order.

You were right that there were a couple of broken links in the first post of this thread.  Now fixed.  Thanks.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #275 on: December 20, 2011, 02:46:04 am »

Thanks for your order.

You were right that there were a couple of broken links in the first post of this thread.  Now fixed.  Thanks.

I just received it and i'm enjoying it :D

I have one question though. I've set up the receiver to control my logitech's  z5500 Amplifier. For this, i repurposed volume up/down/mute keys on the remote to send the appropriate commands to the amplifier. Every time i press those buttons though, the receiver sends those commands to both MC and my amplifier, eg, when pressing the mute button, it will mute both my soundcard's volume and my amplifier's volume. Is that by design or am i something missing ?:P

EDIT:Nevermind me, problem solved. I realised that i need to have MC in focus in order for it not to send commands to the system.

I love the quality of the product, I recommend it to anyone.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2012, 05:57:17 pm »

Santa brought me one of the MC remotes  ;D

I am having an issue where the IR blaster will stop sending commands to my receiver after a while.  MC commands still work fine, and if I restart Media Server the IR blaster functionality is restored.

Thoughts? I'm also experiencing the "error drawing using direct3d (device lost)" errors; any chance the two issues are related?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

JohnT

« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2012, 10:00:22 am »

Santa brought me one of the MC remotes  ;D

I am having an issue where the IR blaster will stop sending commands to my receiver after a while.  MC commands still work fine, and if I restart Media Server the IR blaster functionality is restored.

Thoughts? I'm also experiencing the "error drawing using direct3d (device lost)" errors; any chance the two issues are related?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
We run a service (JRService.exe) which shuttles commands from Media Center to the remote control transceiver.  Not sure why that would stop working.  Possibly a log file might show something.  Next time this problem occurs, send a log to johnt at jriver dot com
Thanks, and Happy New Year to you!

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2012, 10:31:49 am »

We run a service (JRService.exe) which shuttles commands from Media Center to the remote control transceiver.  Not sure why that would stop working.  Possibly a log file might show something.  Next time this problem occurs, send a log to johnt at jriver dot com
Thanks, and Happy New Year to you!

That happens to me too from time to time, with The IR Blaster attached to my Receiver (Logitech Z-5500). The ir Blaster "blinks" on each command, but with no effect. It's no big deal, but It starts happening after using the remote in theater view for a while. But it works 99% of the time, so i'm happy :D

maid

« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2012, 12:23:13 am »

Hi Jim,
I ordered my remote on the 15-12-2011 any idea if it has been shipped??
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2012, 03:08:52 pm »

I want to program a button to start playing a specific smartlist . Is this possible?

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2012, 06:32:52 pm »

Nevermind, it was right there in the interface.

Works great! This saves me several steps; I don't even have to turn the tv on to get music playing from my HTPC.

maid

« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2012, 12:03:56 am »

Can somebody please help me with remote setting.

MC refuses to open using the remote, could this be because windows 7 uses a double click and not a single.

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2012, 06:42:03 am »

Can somebody please help me with remote setting.

MC refuses to open using the remote, could this be because windows 7 uses a double click and not a single.

You're probably not running Media Server on Windows Startup.  Please re-read the instructions.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: February 10, 2012, 03:02:37 pm »

Dennis Graves,
I split your posts to a new thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69954.0

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2012, 06:03:50 am »

Hiya,

New JRiver user here! Also got problems with the remote settings.

When I go to the Remote Control tab in Options, and click Next, I get told I do not have an MCE Receiver..... but I do. It's a Philips SRM/5100 'Green Button' receiver and works absolutely fine in Windows Media Center.

I also cannot get the Green Button to launch JRiver, but once loaded manually the controller does work in Theater View.....? Reading JimH's comment above, I guess this is because I do not have Media Server running (I don't need any of the other features of Media Server), but would this also effect JRiver's ability to detect the reciever?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2012, 06:52:48 am »

I also cannot get the Green Button to launch JRiver, but once loaded manually the controller does work in Theater View.....? Reading JimH's comment above, I guess this is because I do not have Media Server running (I don't need any of the other features of Media Server), but would this also effect JRiver's ability to detect the reciever?
It would.  You could read about Media Server under "Servers" on our wiki.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2012, 07:25:08 am »

Hi Jim,

I've ordered my remote on the 4th of February. I am just wondering if it is shipped.

Thanks!
Don't Panic!

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #288 on: February 14, 2012, 08:41:53 am »

Your remote kit was shipped on the 7th of February.  According to the postal service, they say you should receive it in 6 to 10 business days, but we have found it often times takes a few more days for international shipping.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #289 on: February 14, 2012, 08:50:22 am »

Thanks! :)

No worries. I just need to know when to expect it to arrive. :)
Don't Panic!

hamsi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2012, 12:48:55 pm »

I have paid via PayPal. But to my surprise it didn't let me choose my address (I have more than one address recorded at my PayPal account). So I don't know where it will be sent to. How can I let you know my current address before you've sent it?
Thanks.

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2012, 12:54:46 pm »

Please send your name and address to me at: deanna at jriver

I will check the records once I have your contact information.

carver188

• Recent member
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2012, 11:59:02 pm »

Just got the JRiver Remote for controlling MC 17 on Windows 7 Lenovo desktop.
It worked slick as can be, BUT>>>

a.  I taught my two universal remotes the basic commands from the JRiver remote (Play, pause, next, etc....).  PROBLEM > when using either universal remote, a button (ie Pause, Next) will only work ONCE, and WON'T REPEAT!  If I hit the Next button, it will skip to the next song, but a 2nd next button press does nothing.  All buttons learned from the JRiver remote behave this way.  
        b.   No amount of remote to remote relearning or OPTIONS/REMOTE CONTROL/COMMANDS/LEARNING or ANTI-REPEAT TIME settings will fix this.
        c.  My previous setup was a STREAMZAP REMOTE with USB IR controlling JRiver 16 on Windows XP with great success (repeatting buttons worked...next, next, next, next...). But this STREAMZAP doesnt work with Windows 7, no drivers or updates.  That is why I bought the JRiver remote control.
        d.  I have two universal remotes (Philips $30 and Home Theater Master MX500 $200 (awesome) in two locations (one in the office, and one in the next room on the coffee table where the HiFi stereo is).   Both are programmed to control Preamp, CD player, TV, DVD, VCR, and JRiver by learning the original remotes, and work very well (except item a. from the JRiver Remote)

?  1.  Any ideas or fixes on item a. ?  
?  2.  Plan B? (no cell phone apps, etc...I want a regular old remote that "teaches other univeral remotes accurately".
?  3.  What is the return policy, if necessary.

4. The remote that came is different than the one pictured above in your "advertising".  I would much prefer the layout on the one pictured.  The odd and "asymmetrical" layout of the buttons (like Next, Fast Forward, Previous, Reverse, Play, Pause, etc) would b much easier to find and press, especially under low lighting.  The one that came has the buttons all symmetrically laid out, and the printing is low contrast, so hard to find and/or read.  So you might want to change the photo if you don't offer that style anymore.

Thanks so much for help, I want to use JRiver/computer/HiFi with remotes as before and move on to other things!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: March 05, 2012, 09:13:23 am »

This thread is about the Media Center Remote.  Training a universal remote is a different subject altogether and related to the universal remote itself.

carver188

• Recent member
« Reply #294 on: March 09, 2012, 10:02:47 am »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. 
Shall I post this as a new thread, or are you saying this topic is outside of JRiver?
Although your remote does do what it says (albiet is does not look like the one pictured above, which I would have preferred), I am now ordering a couple other remotes to see if my universal remotes will learn them accurately (like my Streamzap did with JRiver/universal remotes, but now won't work with Windows 7 - hence the new search for a remote), would I be able to return yours?  I seem to have read a 30 day return...

Thanks!

SmoothJimB

• Recent member
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »

I just bought the Media Center Remote ($41) delivered.

Very, very worth it.  I had used other remotes but this one has premium quality all over it.  It just works better and smoother and any other pc remote I have used.  It makes the remotes that come packaged with tv tuner cards look like a toy.

I will probably buy a second unit soon for the bedroom client.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2012, 09:46:29 am »

Sorry to ask a silly question but my brain is not functioning right today.

What is this IR blaster and why does it need to be stuck to the TV/amp?

1) learning controls - can the remote not send the signals direct to the tv/amp rather than via the blaster?

2) stuck on - does it not have a signal range can it not line of sight send the signal? Having it stuck on means running a wire between the PC and the device ~5m away

3) what type of remote is this is it a key press simulator?

Z0001

« Reply #297 on: June 13, 2012, 05:24:07 pm »

Hi

Interested in the programmability of this remote - can I set it up a btton to do to a right mouse click and another to do Esc?

Is it possible to have buttons set to jump straight to a media type like Audio or Video for example?

Thanks
Z

Z0001

« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2012, 06:35:13 am »

More specifically how does one access the options accessible by a right mouse click if using a WMC remote?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2012, 07:03:58 am »

To operate MC, you don't need to program it at all.

There are buttons for Audio, Video, and Images.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up