INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Remote available now -- $41  (Read 123186 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center Remote available now -- $35
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »

Thanks Jim.  From the image of the remote I can't immediately see now I would call up the alternative play actions such as shuffle. Is there a way using this remote? or is there a simple way to configure theatre view with more "remote accessible" actions that don't rely on a right mouse click?

Thanks so much
Z

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center Remote available now -- $41
« Reply #301 on: June 17, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »

Thanks Jim.  From the image of the remote I can't immediately see now I would call up the alternative play actions such as shuffle. Is there a way using this remote?
Shuffle is available in the Theater View menu.

or is there a simple way to configure theatre view with more "remote accessible" actions that don't rely on a right mouse click?
It's possible to program the buttons you don't need.  Take a look at the "Commands" section under Tools/Options/Remote.

Z0001

« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2012, 11:19:12 pm »

Thanks Jim.  When do you expect to have stock to ship to Australia?

Cheers
Z

folek

« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2012, 04:26:01 am »

Hello, first time poster here, though I have been using MC 15 and then MC 16 for a couple of years now.
I wonder if somebody can help with my problem. I bought a Media Center Remote kit from JRiver. The package arrived, however, the remote control unit itself mysteriously disappeared in transit. Therefore, I now have a receiver and a blaster without the remote unit. So, the question is whether or not I can use a set-top box, TV etc. remote to control the Media Center?
I have XP SP2 and MC16. The driver installed without problem, and then I updated it with the irbus driver mentioned in the Wiki. The receiver seems to be responding to set-top box remote presses (red light is blinking in response), however, the Media Center will not learn commands ("learning" message appears but nothing happens). I have managed to teach the blaster command for TV power on, but standard Media Center commands will not be learned. So, is it at all possible to use a generic remote with the Media Center Remote kit, or do I need to buy a new MC remote?
Any suggestions?
Thank you
folek

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2012, 06:29:04 am »

folek,
I was sorry to hear that your remote was apparently stolen.  We'll find a replacement and send it to you.

Jim

folek

« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2012, 07:18:16 am »

Thank you, Jim for a prompt reply and for offering to send a replacement.
That, obviously, would be the best solution :-)
Thanks!
folek

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #306 on: July 08, 2012, 10:58:38 am »

Hello,

The purchase is available for Brazil? For delivery?

How much?

Fabricio, from Brazil.

Fabricio

« Reply #307 on: July 10, 2012, 08:34:23 pm »

Hello,

The purchase is available for Brazil? For delivery?

How much?

Fabricio, from Brazil.

I want to buy.  :) ;)

Sarane

• Recent member
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2012, 10:18:15 pm »

Hi Jim,

Any idea when the next batch is coming in for a delivery in Canada? 

Wiki states back order.

Very best,

Sar.

folek

« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2012, 11:25:31 pm »

folek,
I was sorry to hear that your remote was apparently stolen.  We'll find a replacement and send it to you.

Jim

Just want to thank Deanna and Jim for helping me out with my problem and resending the remote, which disappeared in transit.

The unit has arrived safely this time and is working as intended. Actually, it adds a lot of functionality, and a 64-bit volume control is especially valuable in my situation.

So, many thanks the MC Team for great service and keep up the good works!

Best regards,
folek

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #310 on: July 30, 2012, 04:30:54 am »

I'm looking to purchase the remote, is there any way to add myself to the back-order list?

Hopefully I can pay for both the remote and the MC18 upgrade at the same time :P

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #311 on: July 30, 2012, 08:28:42 am »

Thank you for your interest.  We aren't accepting payment at this time for the remote kits, so we would suggest you purchase the upgrade to MC18 while it is still on sale.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #312 on: July 30, 2012, 06:32:54 pm »

Ah, okay, thanks then. Will someone update this thread when stocks are in again?

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:07 am »

Yes, we will post on this thread.

glineus

« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2012, 01:04:23 pm »

I will like to purchase a remote can anyone help.

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #315 on: August 09, 2012, 10:26:51 am »

I will like to purchase a remote can anyone help.

Likewise.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2012, 10:28:01 am »

We've been out of stock on these, but now have a few in stock.   Please contact deanna at jriver for details.

Fabricio

« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2012, 11:43:40 am »

Please contact deanna at jriver for details.

Who (what) is deanna? Excuse me. I do not know.

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2012, 11:46:15 am »

I (Deanna) work at JRiver.  I sent you an email earlier (deanna at jriver dot com).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2012, 11:46:49 am »

Deanna runs customer service.

Fabricio

« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »

I (Deanna) work at JRiver.  I sent you an email earlier (deanna at jriver dot com).

I replied. Thank.

Deanna runs customer service.

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

vroom

• Recent member
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2012, 11:03:11 pm »

New JRiver customer. Really like the software and just ordered a remote. Look forward to registering the package when the trial runs out. Quite impressed so far!

BushPilot

• Recent member
« Reply #322 on: September 16, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »

Wondering when Media Center Remote will be available for order from Canada?

Bill

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »

Also interested in purchasing this,  or at least getting recommendations for an inexpensive unit that I could "plug in" and use the same way.

Seems to have been out of stock forever.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2012, 02:06:12 pm »

We have some stock now.  Click on ORDER U.S. or ORDER INTERNATIONAL here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Remote

shAf

« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2012, 12:24:06 am »

Has anyone tried to program their Harmony remote with the MCE remote's IR instruction set? IE, it seems like it would be possible to purchase just the IR receiver, program the Harmony (assuming Logitech has the MCE's instruction set in its devices' database), and you're off to the races with a remote for everything(?)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2012, 01:15:33 am »

Yes there are many that use it. Info here ... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64443.0

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

shAf

« Reply #327 on: December 15, 2012, 07:45:15 am »

1st ... can I humbly suggest that troubleshooting this remote be moved to a different topic or forum?  This thread is long, practically half the posts are associated with purchasing, associated with MC17, plus the fact this forum does not allow for searching for specific text strings (e.g., "You don't appear to have a Media Center remote connected to your computer")?  OK, so much for my rant ...

In any case, my problem is associated with the above message when I click on 'Next' in the 'Tools/Options/Remote Control' setup wizard.  The remote does appear to work ... it will put my computer in standby, scroll any window, type #s into Notepad, and shows up in 'Device Management" under USB controllers as "eHome IR Receiver" and under Input Devices as "MS eHome IR Tranceiver".  I did find this problem earlier in this thread, without apparent remedy, and I did find the thread by which the problem was solved by uninstalling and re-installing MC, but the context of that remedy was MC14 and it did not work for me (MC 17.0.189). It seems strange this problem's remedy has not yet been built into subsequent versions of MC(?)

Let begin by asking question about the physical installation ...

(1)  The remote comes with a USB device and an apparent receiver with a mini-phono plug -- what is the latter for? (e.g., AVR?), and what functionality does it add? (e.g., AVR volume?)

(2)  My remote appears to be working with some functionality -- what is this functionality limited to and what functionality would the MC Remote Control wizard add?

(3)  Is there a remedy for the Remote wizard recognizing the device?

Ultimately, I want to add this remote's instruction set to my Harmony One, but first things first ... but that topic does beg for a different forum more appropriately dedicated to similar devices (e.g., "PC's and Other Hardware"), so that topics can be about specific problems with fewer posts and more easily searched threads(??)  E.G., each of my 3 questions should be specific topics!

Lastly ... I commend JR for adding this type of remote control functionality ... I'm anxious to get it working and exploiting the added ease of use ...

EDIT:  The Wiki answers my question as to question (1), implying the phono IR receiver (and wizard regognition) would allow for turning off TV or ACR (etc), which I do not need (my Harmony will do that) ... but the Wiki also implies that installation via the wizard is the only way to send additional commands to MC.  The first command I'd like to find or define is toggling Theatre view on/off(?)

TIA  :)

shAf

« Reply #328 on: December 15, 2012, 02:25:32 pm »

The Remote Wizard is still not recognizing my new JR MC remote, but elsewhere in options it seems to know that a "MCE Remote" is active.  I've been able to add "Theatre View" and "Display View" button definitions and have them carry over to my Harmony, yet there is plenty of functionality to add ... just thought I'd ask ...

For people with Harmony experience, I have the MCE remote defined as a "Media Center PC=>Microsoft=>Windows Media Center SE”, and this "device" appears to make available plenty of Alt, Ctrl, & Win keyboard equivalents.  Programming the Harmony is somewhat time consuming as it is trial & error -- i.e., define it, update the remote, and then make sure it works.  I'm set for the time being ... other definitions will come ... but I wanted to ask others "what are your favorite remote key definitions?"

EDIT: I'm finding a need for a "back" button ... which appears on the MC remote and the Harmony remote, but the MC key definitions don't seem to include it ... maybe it's learnable(?)

TIA  :)

BrianB

• Recent member
« Reply #329 on: December 23, 2012, 11:47:05 pm »

OK, so I bought the MCE/HP remote, but I'm having problems in XP. I've spent a couple of hours trying get my XP laptop to even show an active driver under USBs in Device Manager. Wasted time with that HP site link to Pinnacle driver site (geesh). Rebooted, unplugged, replugged, tried this, tried that. After finding and installing the other driver you linked to, and after much ado, I now see "eHome Infrared Receiver" in Device Manager. "Properties" says it working OK.

But...the remote still doesn't do a thing to MC17. I looked in MC Options/Remote and I see MCE and HID as "active". But no response to remote buttons. I know the hardware works because it instantly installed and worked fine with MC17 in another machine using Windows 7. For a variety of reasons I do not want to update my music server laptop to Windows 7. So why is XP such a pain with this remote?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2012, 07:13:15 am »

It sounds like you have been here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Remote_Instructions

The only problem I know of with XP is that the Green Button sometimes doesn't work.

Are you running Media Server?

BrianB

• Recent member
« Reply #331 on: December 26, 2012, 10:35:45 am »

Thanks for replying. Yes, I've been to that instruction page, and to the HP page it links to, and to the Pinnacle page that that links too. No luck. Am I running Media Server? Not sure. Just using the PC as a music player to a DAC via USB. So I went to Tools/Advanced Tools/Media Server...  and no window pops up. So, I guess I don't have the sever installed (?). Would the "server" or "not server" matter to remote operation?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: December 26, 2012, 11:57:32 am »

From the instruction page:
Set MC to start Media Server on Windows startup for (only) the user you will run it as. MC/Tools/Options/Startup/Windows Startup.

BrianB

• Recent member
« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »

I went to Startup as you suggested. Media Center (only) was selected for startup. I changed it to startup both Media Center AND Media Server. I rebooted. Still no remote response. The receiver's red light blinks in response to remote button presses, but no action in MC17. Now, I had assumed that no programming of the buttons was necessary for basic operation using Options/Remote Control/Command window. Is that true, or do I need to program each button too?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: December 26, 2012, 12:48:06 pm »

No programming is necessary.

Z0001

« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2012, 05:57:39 am »

Hi

I am considering this remote and reciever combo to solver my current problems with imon and Harmony One.

Q1. Can the MC remote and reciever power up a PC that is off?

I have an imon reciever and remote that can power up the PC and want to use a Harmony One, but with the imon reciver and software the Harmony won't turn on the PC when it turns on the Samsung TV in the Activity i have set up. When I run through Harmony's "Help" it does turn on the PC, but does not see to remember this for the next time

Q2. Can the MC remote control other software eg, TMT, PDVD? I would consider using it as my reciever and software if it does the trick with a Harmony as my universal remote.

Q 3. Also, when in theatre view the "top" window seems to become the task bar (W7) when some other prog butts in, and the Harmony commands for MC are then no longer recognized. Anydeas how i can get the focus back on theatre view?

Thanks

BrianB

• Recent member
« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »

No programming is necessary.

Any other ideas (remote doesn't work in XP)? I'm out of them...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2012, 05:57:36 pm »

Any other ideas (remote doesn't work in XP)? I'm out of them...
Are you running XP SP2?

BrianB

• Recent member
« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2012, 06:08:19 pm »

No, XP SP3

BrianB

• Recent member
« Reply #339 on: January 02, 2013, 11:05:44 am »

I'm stumped on this. Tried everything I can think of. Really would appreciate ideas. (J River remote doesn't work in XP SP3).

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #340 on: February 01, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »

Jim, the topic title is showing a different price than the first post.

Battledad

• World Citizen
Not able to learn
« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2013, 08:36:23 pm »

I can't get MC to "learn" my tv remote so I can use my new JRR.

The receiver is seen, the JRM works in theater view but I simply can't get MC to learn from my tv remote.

Help?

maid

« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2013, 07:04:52 pm »

Hi we are having an ongoing problem with the remote.

After watching something hubby presses the back button and it normally jumps back one menu.

For the last month or so after watching for 30 mins or so only the pause button works as if it has gone to sleep.

All it takes to make it work again is to use mouse movement and nothing else.

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2013, 10:29:58 pm »

If I have put this in the wrong place please move.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2013, 02:11:09 pm »

Is it possible to just purchase the remote alone?  My HTPC has IR (RC6) built in.

emophiliac

« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2013, 06:11:16 pm »

Hey Jim,

You may want to update the photos of the MC Remote on your site.  Got mine in the mail today and was surprised (but not disappointed) to find a very different looking HP remote in the box.

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #346 on: March 14, 2013, 08:53:58 am »

The volume works ok . Anything else may cause a crash.

Will post a list of issues I'm having with tv.

Still love MC18 just got to work through some things

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2013, 01:10:20 pm »

Am I missing something here or just want something that's not there?

does the jriver remote have a skip ahead feature  or just a forward & back scan?

like a commercial skip like 30 sec a pop?

I know my mouse scroll works to do this sorta kinda

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2013, 01:12:38 pm »

In the arrow pad in the middle, there are four arrows and an OK in the center.  The right and left arrow skip forward 30 seconds and back 10 seconds, respectively.  The exact number of seconds is configurable.

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2013, 06:40:00 pm »

Thanks ,
Of course that the only button I didn't try  ::)

While I'm here is there a button for theater view?

Sorry I got real use to mouseing everything + all the demons I got in my HTCP

THANKS again

Is there a map of the controls somewhere?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up