INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: WebGizmo -- looks and works like Gizmo -- runs in a browser  (Read 97845 times)

petrossa

• World Citizen
Re: NEW: WebGizmo -- looks and works like Gizmo -- runs in a browser
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2012, 12:27:01 pm »

yep.

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2012, 04:28:15 am »

I saw the latest release of MC17 (82) this morning and looked through the long list of changes since 75, hoping there would be something on WebGizmo cover art, but no!  Perhaps the correction had been done but not logged in the changes, but no!

The somewhat random association between cover art and the media files (music, videos and pictures) is still happening on i devices.  Is there any news on what is causing this and when we might see a fix?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2012, 05:13:08 am »

What device are you using?

Nick.

I'm using an iPad.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2012, 06:44:25 am »

I saw the latest release of MC17 (82) this morning and looked through the long list of changes since 75, hoping there would be something on WebGizmo cover art, but no!  Perhaps the correction had been done but not logged in the changes, but no!

The somewhat random association between cover art and the media files (music, videos and pictures) is still happening on i devices.  Is there any news on what is causing this and when we might see a fix?

I assume you're using Safari.   Could you try another browser?

NickF

« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2012, 07:13:44 am »

I assume you're using Safari.   Could you try another browser?
Remember that we are talking about iPhones and iPads here.  The native browser is Safari.  I have tried SkyFire and it has the same problem.  So is this an ios related problem?  Have you guys tried this and seen the problem?  It is very easy to detect and happens consistently.

This is a great shame, Jim, because it is potentially a great product but does't work on one of the major mobile platforms.

Nick.

HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

doug.ca

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2012, 12:11:54 am »

I'm having problems with the artwork layout as well; same as described by NickF and others. It works fine under IE 9 on my desktop, but breaks using Safari under iOS 5.0.1 on my iPad.

I don't know if this helps, but Safari is complaining about line 9 in the HTML code supplied by WebGizmo:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" />

The error indicated is Viewport argument value "device-width;" for key "width" not recognized. Content ignored.

It also indicates that it has truncated to their numeric prefixes the argument value "1.0;" for initial-scale and maximum-scale as well as the value "0;" for user-scalable.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »

Great work on WebGizmo! The Video playback is working great now.

One UI improvement suggestion (at least for the iPhone): Can you make the volume and play progress slider buttons actually slide? Right now you have to tap them which is a very gross adjustment, especially for those of us with bigger fingers ;) and also move the play time number (e.g., 48 seconds into a 3 minute song) away from the actual adjustment bar (if you're trying to adjust close to where the number currently is, your finger covers the number)?

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2012, 06:47:27 am »

Can you make this item a sticky one, Jim?
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2012, 08:01:02 am »

I try to keep the number of sticky threads to a minimum.

You can find it through the "New Features" thread, which is stickied.

NickF

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2012, 09:45:23 am »

Just to let you know that the artwork problem was not resolved at the MC17.0.85 release.  I'm not complaining but it would be good to know whether the cause has been determined and whether it can be fixed.

Nick.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2012, 09:46:49 am »

I am using a PS3 as a music server and would like to use my HP Touchpad and WebGizmo to control song selections.  I tried entering "http://localhost:52199" in the address bar of the browser.  It comes back: Error-- Unable to Load Page.  I am trying to connect to the network in my house, while in the house.  Am I doing something wrong, or is WebOS not compatible?  Everything works fine using the PS3 remote.

Denti

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:56 pm »

Can't access Gizmo from either PC laptop with Firefox or ipad with Safari. WebRemote works fine. If this is the case, can it still be a firewall issue? Can anyone help?

Denti

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2012, 04:53:18 pm »

Anyone?

NickF

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2012, 05:01:47 pm »

Can't access Gizmo from either PC laptop with Firefox or ipad with Safari. WebRemote works fine. If this is the case, can it still be a firewall issue? Can anyone help?

What address are you using in your browsers?

Nick.

JimH

• Administrator

Denti

« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2012, 05:05:32 pm »

Just tried it now and it works! Wo knows what was happening last night...

NickF

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:37 am »

Well I thought I had good news!! I thought I had fixed the Cover Art problem.  Like doug.ca, I had run the Debug Console in my iPad and also in Safari on my PC.  Both showed up a problem with the "viewport" code.  I checked and found that the syntax is incorrect.  Semi-colons have been used as delimiters between the components of viewport.  These should be commas.  The line should be:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0" />

I don't understand why it would have the effect that it did and in my first couple of tests, it seemed to work but on closer examination, there are still errors but fewer, I think.  I will check further.

Nick.

Castius

« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »

Is anyone having any luck using video conversion with webgizmo? I am trying to use webgizmo on my phone and the videos are buffing to much.
When i'm on my wifi network the video is fine. But even when i'm in a 4G network it's still choppy.
I'd really like to have control over the quality of the video depending on the bandwidth.

Thanks

locust

« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2012, 07:05:09 pm »

I'd really like to have control over the quality of the video depending on the bandwidth.

Do you mean being able to control the quality from the player in the browser? Just like some video players on a few other sites namely Youtube. I think that would be excellent. Much more usable than having to go in to the options and change it.

I also think that a download button would be handy

Castius

« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2012, 01:25:44 am »

Yes I use subsonic and I am very spoiled by most it's features. But JMC is just so much better looking and  sounding.
I am stuck between two worlds. I want both and JMC is the first media center that makes me think I can have both.

locust

« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 04:41:57 pm »

It would be nice to eventually see support for tiles list style in Gizmo so that we can see more metadata for movies.

zoao

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2012, 05:57:12 am »

Great application.

I found a problem with volume control.
The problem is because the value returned by the server has a comma, perhaps due to the settings of Portugal:
Code: [Select]
<item Name="Volume"> 0,12999 </ Item>
I add this line to file default.js in line 132:
value = value.replace (",", ".");

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2012, 10:45:47 am »

The problem is because the value returned by the server has a comma, perhaps due to the settings of Portugal:
<item Name="Volume"> 0,12999 </ Item>
I add this line to file default.js in line 132:
value = value.replace (",", ".");

Nice detective work.

In a coming build:
Changed: MCWS functions that return a decimal will always use . as the decimal character (unless the value is designed to be displayed to a user like VolumeDisplay, etc.)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2012, 08:43:13 am »

The remote side might be ready tomorrow.  The playback side using HTML 5 for audio (and video someday) is further away.

Are there any playback improvements coming in V17 for WebGizmo? Specifically for Android devices?

I love that I can bookmark the Play All link for a specific playlist. It would be a much quicker way of starting playback on my Android phone than the current method in Gizmo.

RC23

• World Citizen
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2012, 05:23:10 am »

I would like to use a tablet PC as JRiver control. My favored tablet PC - a PRESTIGIO MultiPad 5080 - comes with Android 2.3 and is relative inexpensive but with good performance and usability.

http://www.prestigio.com/products/personal-computers/Tablet_PC/MultiPad_PMP5080B
review (only in German) http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Prestigio-MultiPad-PMP5080B-Tablet-MID.64382.0.html

Does WebGizmo work with Android 2.3? WebGizmo looks in my eyes as the better solution as Gizmo particularly with a display of 8 inch. Is there a chance to expand WebGizmo for Android?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2012, 06:41:12 am »

WebGizmo should work on anything that has a browser.  It would be best to try it first.

pcstockton

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2012, 05:27:31 pm »

Jim,

Why wont it wont on my iPhone?  Only one track will play and sometimes not even that.

Thoughts?
-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2012, 01:50:29 am »

Jim,

Why wont it wont on my iPhone?  Only one track will play and sometimes not even that.

Thoughts?
-Patrick

Because Apple doesn't want you to listen to any music that's outside of their iPrison? ;)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

pcstockton

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2012, 09:53:46 am »

Mastiff,

Funny, but the header at the top of the forum constantly states "WebGizmo -- remote control for iOS devices".
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:37 am »

Please start a thread or bump your old one.

flac.rules

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2012, 03:33:23 pm »

I tried webgizmo for the first time now. Seems to work fine beside one crucial problem for me, when i try to stream audio, it seems to just download the file (like i clicked on a  download-link in my browser). Happens both with opera and IE, tips?

locust

« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2012, 04:25:31 pm »

Do you think you guys will use html5 and or Jquery in web webgizmo to make the html equivalent of your nice 3d list styles that are in theatre view?

I saw some cool things that would look really good in webgizmo

Something like this would be really cool to control the volume..
http://demo.tutorialzine.com/2011/11/pretty-switches-css3-jquery/

This would be really smart for the images section
http://demo.tutorialzine.com/2011/04/jquery-webcam-photobooth/

Both there would be cool for images
http://demo.tutorialzine.com/2010/11/rotating-slideshow-jquery-css3/
http://demo.tutorialzine.com/2010/09/html5-canvas-slideshow-jquery/html5-slideshow.html

There are loads of examples on that site. As far as I'm aware of you guys could actually use these examples
http://tutorialzine.com/license/

Even if you guys don't want this sort of stuff, could I still do it myself by changing the Gizmo html files? I'm am unsure as how I would get mc to populate these and a point in the right direction would be most helpful.

spnr23

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2012, 10:06:03 pm »

just trying to get to 1st base here - i want to set up webgizmo on my BB Playbook - typed in Playbook IP address ie. 192.168.....:52199.  can't connect to server.
i allowed MC as exception in windows firewall - any assistance would be appreciated

NickF

« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2012, 04:21:40 am »

just trying to get to 1st base here - i want to set up webgizmo on my BB Playbook - typed in Playbook IP address ie. 192.168.....:52199.  can't connect to server.
i allowed MC as exception in windows firewall - any assistance would be appreciated
On MC17 in Tools > Options > Media Network check "Use Media Network to share this Library".
On your BB Playbook, type in the url of the PC running the MC Library not your BB Playbook or preferably the host name.  E.g. http://hostname:52199/Gizmo.

Nick.

DV8

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My Karma ran over my Dogma
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2012, 08:20:18 pm »

Great progress on WebGizmo guys but I am still struggling to get Video to work at all on my iOS devices (see subject title)
Everything works from Chrome browser on desktop.
Music plays well Here (on iDevice), with the exception of the well documented cover art problem on iOS devices.
When I go to play any sort of video Here (on the iPad), it starts downloading the whole video file, then pops up a window saying GetFile and file size.
It pops up a button to play file in an app, but it won't let me play it in any of the players I have on the iPad (flexplayer, vlc, quicktime, etc)

What is problem here? Is it the players on the iDevices (both my iPad and iPhone running V5.01 iOS have the same issue)
Is it a known problem in WebGizmo? Are we (somewhat understandably) going to blame the Apple prison?
I have WebGizmo set to video convert to MP4 which should run on iOS.
I am running MC17

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2012, 06:37:29 pm »

I have problems with the cover Art in my iPad too.  It changes the name in some cover arts. Using native Safari

NickF

« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2012, 03:40:38 am »

I have problems with the cover Art in my iPad too.  It changes the name in some cover arts. Using native Safari

The Artist or Album names are in alphabetical order.  Do you mean that the name is in the wrong place in the order or is it the wrong cover art for the name?  If it is the latter, this is a known problem.

Nick.

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 08:16:59 am »

Wrong cover art for the name.
Its an inconvenience, but it runs.
I hope that you were working in solving that problem. I've decided to buy the license of J River next week, so i hope that you solve this problem and Roland Asio problems in the near future.

Yorkwhite

• Recent member
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2012, 01:45:28 pm »

Hi
I'm trying to get this to run on my ipad3 I've followed the instructions: Ip address followed by 52199 but it is not found before search times out. Can you help, please?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2012, 01:49:06 pm »

Make sure you have the colon before the port.

It may be a firewall issue.  Try a browser connection from the same PC, using http://localhost:52199

If that works, see the wiki topic on "Network Access".

OmarL

• Recent member
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:17 am »

Hello,

Been using webgizmo for a while now. I use a W7 laptop to control my server running Webgizmo in Chrome. There are a few things I would love to see added. Drill down features and display for the most part-

"Playing Now" page:

-Drill down click on artist to see all of that artists titles (with thumbnails)
-Drill down click on album title and see that album open displaying all tracks (with thumbnails)
-Display album date along with the song title, album title and artist that appear now.
-Much larger cover art display. Right now it displays as a small 2x2 black with most of the page empty.
-Down the road even adding artist bio would be nice. I know some of the other remotes are doing this.

"Playlist" page:

-Add large album art display
-Display album date.
-Add drill down features for artist.

"Albums" page:

-For each album display Artist, Title and Date with drill down. When an album is opened add large artwork display.

"Artist" page:

-When drill down is selected for an artist albums are listed displaying only cover art and date. Add Album Title.

Basically, as I write this I realize that in general I would like albums to always be displayed with the Artist, Album Title and Date along with large coverart. Id' also like for those to have drill down ability.

As an interface, it works very very well. It's fast, accurate and resource friendly but it is also primitive feature wise. My hope is that it evolves because I think it has potential to be a fantastic remote. I also hope this is the appropriate place to make these suggestions. I see some other comments that suggested you can customize what is displayed as far as artist, date, title etc. I could not see how this could be done so if I am missing that please direct me to how to execute.

Thanks!

sakendrick

• Recent member
Shuffle??
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:18 pm »

ok - webgizmo is awesome.  I can use it on my windows phone and I think it works better than any other app for it - super fast.

How do you play shuffle?  I go to an artist or Genre, hit the plus beside Play All and there's no shuffle option there.  I thought that's where someone said I'd find it. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Shuffle??
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2012, 08:26:53 pm »

How do you play shuffle?  I go to an artist or Genre, hit the plus beside Play All and there's no shuffle option there.  I thought that's where someone said I'd find it. 

Currently you can only shuffle above the file level.

For example, at the top of a thumbnail view, hit the plus to the right of the word 'Play All' at the top.  Then pick 'Shuffle All'.

If you're looking at a list of text (file level), you can't shuffle.  That would make a nice addition.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »

+1

sakendrick

• Recent member
Re: Shuffle??
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »

Currently you can only shuffle above the file level.

For example, at the top of a thumbnail view, hit the plus to the right of the word 'Play All' at the top.  Then pick 'Shuffle All'.

If you're looking at a list of text (file level), you can't shuffle.  That would make a nice addition.

That doesn't seem to work for me - I browse into a genre where I see a bunch of thumbnails for the different artists in that genre.  I hit the + beside play all and the only options I get are Play, Add, Add (as next to play), and Play (only this file)

sakendrick

• Recent member
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2012, 08:50:15 pm »

attached screenshots - am I misunderstanding?

sakendrick

• Recent member
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2012, 08:59:16 pm »

OK - think I discovered the problem - it's related to IE9 and windows phone IE browser.  This happens on both my phone and my PCs.  If I change my browser on my PC to use IE8 mode then I get the shuffle option.  I'm not sure I can do that on windows phone.  How do we report bugs?

sakendrick

• Recent member
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2012, 06:55:23 pm »

nope that's not it.  It worked once but now continues to go from a list albums or genres to play a single file - No SHUFFLE option??  I even tried google chrome - same problem.

Any suggestions? Don't think I'll use it much without shuffle.

sakendrick

• Recent member
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2012, 06:57:21 pm »

may have found a work around.  Instead of browsing - search for the genre or artist.  That seems to work.  Wished browsing worked too.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:41 am »

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it can be moved if it belongs somewhere else.

1. iphone 4 images are not the correct aspect ratio.  I couldn't get video to play but I may not have been patient enough.  It could have been buffering.

2. Moto Droid 3 video starts playing pretty quick but buffers every 2 seconds while away from home (just like the app does).  I can go to images and see thumbnails but if I select any picture to start the slideshow that it does by default all the images are black.

3. Sony PSVita images look great and I can browse through just fine.  Videos are just a black screen, possibly it does not have flash?

4. PS3 plays videos fine but I haven't tried images.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up