INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Multi-Channel SACD Love from MC17  (Read 1261 times)

adamsfamilysf

No Multi-Channel SACD Love from MC17
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:02:51 pm »

I’m stumped with one issue on JRiver v17.0.147.  When using HDMI out I’m able to play multichannel DTS files that are ripped as WAV and DVD-A files that were ripped to FLAC’s.  These are 24-48k or 24-96k 6 channel files and they play great as multichannel sources on my processor.  The system also plays the 2 channel SACD rips that are DFF files just fine.

When I try to play a multichannel DSF file ripped from an SACD the system will only play them if I down grade the channels from ‘Source’ to 2-Channel.  I have the Sample Rate setting for 192k and higher set to 88k and I have checked to make sure I’m not trying to bit-stream the files over HDMI (which wouldn't work with my processor). 

Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No Multi-Channel SACD Love from MC17
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:05:02 pm »

Welcome.

My guess is that your DSF files are 5.0 channel, which most hardware won't support.

Pick the number of speakers you have in DSP Studio > Output Format > Channels.  Make sure JRSS mixing is enabled.  This will upmix or downmix as necessary into a format your stereo supports.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

adamsfamilysf

Re: No Multi-Channel SACD Love from MC17
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »

Matt - you stud!

I updated the channels to 5.1 and selected No upmixing or downmixing and it is playing.  Your intuition that the source was a 5.0 mix was correct and J River is adjusting that to a 6 channel output stream.

Sounds great to boot.

Thanks for the prompt response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up