INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 125311 times)

h8maintenance

• Recent member
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2012, 11:23:05 am »

I'm a relatively new user. I didn't buy after my trial period initially for a couple different reasons, but one sticking point was all the .xml and .jpg files that MC 18 litters my hard disks with. I don't mind the files themselves, but I don't want to see them in my file browser (Total Commander). I'd love to see an option to have the Library files stored with the Hidden attribute. I can then set my file browser to not display hidden files.

One more thing. I use Custom settings in Video so I can use LAV and madVR, but since these options are added on top of Red October and Red October HQ, I'd like to see some documentation on those profiles.

Otherwise, I'm finding this to be a great program.

I wouldn't mind having these *.xml files in the library instead of main the location of the video file itself, like the *.jpg files of cover art.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2012, 11:42:42 am »

OT posts removed

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2012, 11:47:03 am »

CONVOLVER: automatic sample rate file selection

I wish to see implemented a simple feature in the convolver: only for 2 channels stereo MC automatically uses the
convolver file that matches the music sample rate.
This was implemented a month ago. See this thread for more info and post there with questions.

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2012, 12:20:09 pm »

A request to add Mouse Buttons (all five of them) and Wheel Up and Wheel Down to the "KEY" parameter in the custom resource.xml file support for MCC commands.

Some other people have asked for the capability this would provide, and the workaround mentioned several times was a great third-party program.   Unfortunately, the program - being a free single-programmer program - was abandoned over three years ago, and has to be modified individually for each new mouse released.  So, the program is now largely obsolete (none of my mice are supported).

Both Setpoint and Intellipoint have removed their support for Application-Specific button settings, and Setpoint only allows Middle to be set to keystrokes.   (This is part of a world-wide trend to remove features from programs as fast as possible - I'm not kidding.   For example, both Gmail and Opera's webmail have entirely removed features that I use regularly.)

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2012, 03:46:59 pm »

Is there any way a single song file can be associated with multiple albums?  I have so many dupicates because I don't want to have incomplete albums.  Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride is on at least 10 albums (inculing movie soundtracks).

+1  Something I suggested many versions ago.  The ability to create "virtual" albums that appear in all playlists and smartlists as unique albums.  Of course we can do this by creating playlists, but it would be awkward to actually use that way.

Ancient_Audiophile

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #355 on: December 06, 2012, 03:52:52 pm »

+1  Something I suggested many versions ago.  The ability to create "virtual" albums that appear in all playlists and smartlists as unique albums.  Of course we can do this by creating playlists, but it would be awkward to actually use that way.
You have to be careful with that one.
Often, the same song performed by the same artist, is not the same file.  The same recording can be remastered, and the new remaster can be better - or worse.
And, other times, it is a new performance of the song (for nostalgia) or else a live version.
It's now under US$50 per Terabyte again, so the time spent checking that duplication is going to cost you more - at minimum wage - than just the disk space cost of keeping the duplicates.
So " - 1 ".  ;D

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #356 on: December 06, 2012, 03:58:46 pm »

You have to be careful with that one.
Often, the same song performed by the same artist, is not the same file.  The same recording can be remastered, and the new remaster can be better - or worse.
And, other times, it is a new performance of the song (for nostalgia) or else a live version.
It's now under US$50 per Terabyte again, so the time spent checking that duplication is going to cost you more - at minimum wage - than just the disk space cost of keeping the duplicates.
So " - 1 ".  ;D

The creation of virtual albums would totally be up to the user to create and manage.  It could never be done automatically by MC.  We might want to create a personal "best of" album by an artist.  Again, that can be done with playlists, but the virtual album makes it appear like a real album in all lists.

gwikse

• Recent member
« Reply #357 on: December 06, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »

Remote relay from gizmo... please. That is the only thing I currently need my remote to do when listening to music or using the computer as a source. Volume up and down via the android phone volume buttons and stored ir-commands from the relay function with the media center remote (wich is a waste of money for me at least unless this feature is included). This would make the WAF of any system a LOT higher in most cases.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #358 on: December 08, 2012, 12:23:52 pm »

In thumbnail text, we can do html color tags like this:

</fontcolor="FF0000">If(
IsEqual
([File Type], flac, 1), , FLAC NEEDED)
<//b><//font>

Would like this capability added to the columns in panes view.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #359 on: December 08, 2012, 12:33:01 pm »

In Playing Now > Overview
Currently it displays all zones from the local computer.
Would also like to be able to see connected library server clients.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #360 on: December 12, 2012, 04:16:28 am »

MC Team Please add "Fill empty Tags" to "Get Movie & TV Info" without changing the rest of the tags.

Now that so much has been changed...(New tags,etc,...) it would be good if we could fill up these tags without touching the rest of them.

One MC User has created a tool,that catches IMDB Rating from the Homepage and adds it to xml file.
The only thing this tool needs,is the IMDB ID from the xml file.

But i have plenty of movies without IMDB ID,because it has been added not long ago.
I can't start from the beginning,because i've done too much custom tagging.

The only thing i could do,clear complete Library and Re-Import.So existing Tags won't get touched.Am i right?

But that is not the way it should be.And i think it isn't too much work to add this option.
Many of us would like this option,i think!!!
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

chrisjj

Feature Request: Import Playlists command
« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2013, 05:39:34 am »

Please add an Import command that complements the existing Export All Playlists command. This will import a folder tree of the format created by Export All Playlists, creating in the media tree the playlists and playlist groups represented by disc files and folders respectively.

Currently there is no way to import the Export All Playlists format. File, Library, Import [x] Playlists does not create groups - it places playlists from different folders in the same group. This means importing grouped playlists from another music librarian program requires considerable work, importing each folder individually and moving its playlists into a manually created group.

Thanks.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2013, 07:13:32 am »

V18: Please allow the "Conversion Progress" panel to auto-close after a successful conversion has been completed. Currently - it's another extra click to click Close. The panel should stay visible if the conversion is not successful...

VP

Magoo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MILKDROP or PROJECT M....FOR YEARS ... no Media Center support !!! WHY ?
« Reply #363 on: January 29, 2013, 04:17:09 pm »

PLEASE find a way for our favorite media player ... JRiver Media Player ... to work with Milk Drop or Project M.

I am tired of changing to Winamp or iTunes to use this OUTSTANDING VISUALIZER.

I bought the Project M Android app for a couple of bucks and this visualizer works with ANY media player app....you can even configure it to react to your voice.  I can output the video of my Samsung Galaxy III S in 1080p via HDMI to a video projector ... AWESOME visualizations ?

JRiver folks ... please MAKE IT SO with Media Center version nineteen.

AGREE +1

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2013, 11:53:16 am »

Please add a "reason code" when Import fails to import a file.

At some point in the import code, the file violated some test.  The reason code would tell the user which test.

Wiki would then have list of Reason Codes, such as:

048 - Audio Files referenced in CUE file are not found

(from that period when EAC wrote CUE files referencing .WAV files, even though it was also compressing them to .APE or .FLAC, and then deleting the .WAV files.)

Thanks !

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #365 on: February 02, 2013, 11:28:48 am »

The ability to create and modify playlists through the API (JRemote) is definitely moved to the top of my list.

gappie

« Reply #366 on: February 02, 2013, 11:34:19 am »

most of the time, when listening to music, the background images of thv are only distracting me, so i switch them of. but sometimes i do like to look at them. the way via leaving thv and then option is far to long. so a way to turn them on in thv, or for me even more interesting, a mcc command. that would be nice.. :)

:)
gab

cgf

• Recent member
« Reply #367 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:39 pm »

The ability to create and modify playlists through the API (JRemote) is definitely moved to the top of my list.

+1

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #368 on: February 02, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »

Please - make the Search box (upper right) sizable - or wider than it currently is. In my opinion - devoting over 12 inches to the "display" area for song info at the top is a total waste when 9 or 10 inches wide will do just fine.

What appears to be an 1 1/2 inch wide search field is a bit embarrassing given today's large wide screen monitors etc.

VP
+1

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #369 on: February 02, 2013, 02:28:50 pm »

Heres is my requests..

1. in "tools/options" I want a choice to disable search in "Plaing Now" all searches should be in "tree" you choose on the left side.

+1

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #370 on: February 02, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »

dean70

« Reply #371 on: February 02, 2013, 05:23:00 pm »

The ability to pin a DSP window (eg: an RTA) as a pane in standard view.

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #372 on: February 02, 2013, 08:15:20 pm »

Looks like a slideshow function would need to be implemented on the controller (MC when you are pushing) end. Added to the wish list...

I recently starting trialing MC18 and  I found this older request while trying to solve the same problem.  Using MC as a DMC to drive the TV (DMR mode)for slide shows is something that I can't seem to find (or make work)  from the PC.  In DMR mode the TV will not auto advance. I know that technically this is a DLNA issue, but if MC can solve the push slideshow problem it would be great.

I'd much rather push a well-formed slideshow from MCs nice and configurable interface than have to navigate through the TV dlna menus to reach it, and then be limited by the TVs much more basic slideshow options.

Please consider the DMC slideshow push feature.

Oogi

• World Citizen
« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2013, 03:28:09 am »

Posted few months ago and for older versions as well, about the RTL when editing a tag. Any  chance?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73752.msg500331#msg500331

I've been nagging about it for ages now, please solve it.

What about making the 'Folder Rule' in the 'Acquire Images Options' more flexible (using the MC's tags system -> [Camera] for example), is it so hard?
What about other things in the list?
Thanks

Uri

HiFiTubes

« Reply #374 on: February 03, 2013, 12:45:56 pm »

1. Option to run Theater View in/as a Detached Display.

2. PLEASE support fast window snapping with hotkeys.

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #375 on: February 03, 2013, 01:31:04 pm »

V18: Please allow the "Conversion Progress" panel to auto-close after a successful conversion has been completed. Currently - it's another extra click to click Close. The panel should stay visible if the conversion is not successful...

VP

+1

HiFiTubes

« Reply #376 on: February 03, 2013, 01:33:01 pm »

+1

+1

...and on a similar note, please find a way to display info on selected items (bottom) while writing tag changes. A way to toggle between, or simply having the saving tag changes text show up on hover.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #377 on: February 03, 2013, 01:43:04 pm »

...and on a similar note, please find a way to display info on selected items (bottom) while writing tag changes. A way to toggle between, or simply having the saving tag changes text show up on hover.

Add your voice:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77019.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2013, 06:33:33 pm »

The current playing now screen is a little blank/dull, all I get is a list and a play doctor input box. 

Why not tile part of the screen with some recent playdoctor choices or better still let MC suggest some playdoctor lists based on the collection (i.e. take most popular songs and group into similar artists)?  This idea comes from Google Music which intersperses album tiles with "playlists" of similar artists.  It is cute idea to quickly click a tile and get a "channel" or theme of music.

Craig

simon_ramsey

« Reply #379 on: February 04, 2013, 11:34:21 pm »

Waveform seekbar - http://vimeo.com/8521845

A form of Get film or TV info for albums using Discogs or Musicbrainz. This probably already exists I just haven't done enough exploring :)

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2013, 11:47:16 am »

On the Plasma IR/Screen Burn prevention feature  topic:

It would be nice (In DLNA modes, either DMC push, or DMR/DMP pull) to be able to scale/zoom and adjust image location in a slideshow.

Still working on a clean way to stream picture slideshow via DMC to DMR (prior request).  Pulling from slideshow playlist from the MC using the TV (my 65 inch panasonic plasma) works, and image scaling works in that they can be sized to 1080p TV.  However, I can't find a way to zoom, stretch and or move the position of the image within the 1080p 16x9 window.  Since I have a large number of photos which are not 16x9 aspect ration, this will mean that for a very large portion of time, I have black sidebars.

The slideshow often runs in the background when music is playing, and that can be up for hours at a time.

The TV gives me the various options in video mode, but doesn't honor aspect change requests while in DLNA slideshow, as far as I can tell.

If there was an option to zoom some pictures, stretch some, or move the position of the sub 16x9 image within the 16x9 window, I could at least make sure those sidebar areas (and top bottom areas for ultra-wide shots) get some excited pixel time. I guess effectively its like have some Theater View controls in DLNA mode. IF there is already way to accomplish this over DLNA, I haven't figured it out.

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2013, 02:24:10 pm »

Finding the song that is currently playing in a large list is difficult after you been browsing you library.
1.) add a marker in the scroll bar

2.)advanced Theatre View skinning ability/ tools /flexibility... Please tap the communities creative resource!!  (you could make them submit their skins for approval)

3.) I'd like to be able to set up a custom list of shortcuts 
     eg: delete song from library, skip song without holding function, ect...

4.) The new Dynamic compression for late night movies: (It's not strong enough) and difficult to turn on/off (buried deep in the audio settings)
     eg: Right click=> Night mode.

5.) audio syc is also hard and timely locate. After starting a movie with out of syc audio,  a temp quick fix is desirable...
    eg: Right click => adjust audio/video syc     

keep up the great work

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #382 on: February 08, 2013, 11:19:00 am »

I'll Add my tupenth here too as this is something I think would benefit all beyond my particular niche idea.

I would love to see some ability to assign key presses to ALL of the MC 18 user controls, or macros that enhance the controllability of MC. Specifically, I would like to see an ability to control elements of the DSP via single/combination (i.e. Shift + Key) button presses, or a macro environment that had access to these controls which in turn could be assigned to a key press.

In particular, I would love to see the ability to be able to control the Tempo of a track quickly and easily without have to open up the DSP, navigate the the Tempo controls, and adjust the slider. VLC offer this particular feature by pressing the up/down arrow (which is already used in MC for other duties). This is incredibly useful fo anyone using MC for eBook or CBT type material, or anyone who uses MC as a centre for audio playback for a dance class or similar. The single button press could then be mapped to a remote control button meaning that tempo could be adjusted on the fly.

I did ask the question previously here (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77633.0) and even further back on other versions of MC, but as there is no real work around for this, I submit it again as a feature request.

Many thanks

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #383 on: February 08, 2013, 12:17:30 pm »

1) Ability to schedule backups for all of us that leave MC running 24/7
2) Ability to toggle DSPs on and off via the Web API.  When hosting a party I need to turn replay gain on, a pain since my main MC is headless.

kstuart

« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2013, 12:30:15 pm »

Since there were at least a half dozen people who enthusiastically agreed with this request, and it is in a long thread with other issues, I'll put it here where it is more easily found:

* Add Play Entire Album to right-click context menu within MC18.

This would be valuable in at least two situations:

- When you are browsing the Artist View, select an Artist and the File List gives you all the albums of the artist.  Even though the albums are beautifully separated, complete with picture, there is nowhere to play the album - you have to manually select all the tracks

- When you do a Shuffle play, it picks a track that causes you to say "Wow, I've forgotten about that - I'd like to hear that whole album"

Thanks !

kstuart

« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2013, 07:35:21 pm »

The following would enable me to do Tags and Fields correctly according to their real definition, instead of doing a workaround:

* Change Album Artist field and Album Artist (auto) to a List data type (instead of a String), to match the Artist field (which is already a List).

The purpose of this is for albums that are collaborations.  Example:

Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin - Love Devotion Surrender

By having a List field, then this can be found when perusing the albums of:

Carlos Santana
John McLaughlin
Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin

otherwise you have to choose just one.

Currently, when Artist is a List of more than one string, Album Artist (Auto) just chooses the first one, so in Views that are sorted and displayed by Album Artist (Auto) - such as the default Artists view - the album never appears at all in the second artist's list of albums.

By making Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto) to a List data type, it would solve that problem.

In fact, it might be sufficient to just make Album Artist (Auto) to a List data type (if there was some reason to leave Album Artist as a string).

kotani

• Recent member
« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2013, 05:43:29 am »

This will be useful for those with active speakers.

I'd like to be able to set the number of open channels on the audio card, independently from the channels set.

I have a three way stereo setup through convolver, but I would like to use JRSS v2.0 to downmix 5.1 and 7.1 content to stereo. The problem is that I have to use 5.1 to open up 6 channels on the audio card, so that I end up losing the channels that get overwritten.

If I can set the number of open channels to "6" and set the Channels to 2, I can downmix the 5.1 and 7.1 content to send stereo to the convolver engine.

For example, if I disable convolver, I will have a 6 channel output, but with only 2 channels with content.

Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you.

-Kei

kotani

• Recent member
« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2013, 05:48:09 am »

I use jriver in a car environment with theater view.
I have it setup in a carpc.

I know there is the feature where when the program starts up again, you can make it play the current playlist.
My question is if there is a possibility to resume the previous condition. If there is a song playing when jriver is exited, the next time it is started up, it will start playing the song where it left off.

If there were no songs playing, it will not play anything.

That way, turning off the computer and restarting will result in the same conditions.

Please let me know if that would be possible to implement.

Thank you.

-Kei

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2013, 06:50:24 am »

The ability to have a pause inserted during playback when a sample rate change takes place.  This would prevent the next song from starting into the track on some dac's.

Already posted but thought I would add it here. 

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #389 on: June 20, 2013, 01:30:15 am »

Feature Request: Do not implement this feature.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #390 on: September 29, 2013, 07:19:50 am »

Here's one I ask for with every new release I purchase.  Though I have a license for 16 (and now for 17/18) I'm still only using 15 (/sigh don't ask) so this may have already been done - but I've never read that it has.

I would like the ability to be able to "virtually combine" separate tracks into a single track.

Say I rip a CD and it has 10 tracks.  But tracks 3-5 are really a single song, but they broke it down into three tracks on the CD.  When I rip the CD I have three files.  I'd like to be able to keep the three files as-is, but tell MC to treat the tracks as a single track.  That way anytime I add one of the tracks to the playlist it automagically adds all three, and keeps them together even through different sort orders (random, etc).

I think this would be a great addition for those "few pesky CDs," and certainly for those of us who listen to classical music.  And, unlike Apple's solution, something like this would work for any file type.  I rip all my CDs to native WAV format...

I've been using MC since at least 2006, v11 - I still have my email confirmation and key codes.  I LOVE IT - There's NOTHING like it!

+1
Been requesting this for years also.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up