INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible MC20 Features  (Read 82051 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Possible MC20 Features
« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2014, 09:07:23 pm »

Is this really what the majority of MC users are after or is this a solution for few obscure scenarios?
This sounds like a decent amount of development. Aren't there other more important areas to consider?

Erik.

This is a worthwhile pursuit for the developers, IMO. For one, it cements MC as an indispensable product if people begin to use it to route all their PC's audio. Things just sound better with MC, and running YouTube videos or games through JRSS, for examples, would be embraced by many.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2014, 09:12:08 pm »

This is a worthwhile pursuit for the developers, IMO. For one, it cements MC as an indispensable product if people begin to use it to route all their PC's audio. Things just sound better with MC, and running YouTube videos or games through JRSS, for examples, would be embraced by many.
I am curious to understand what would be better with JRSS when you re-route your whole sound? The DSP processing? Rip some low quality web streams?
Stream your computer sound to others?

« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2014, 06:57:59 am »

Is this really what the majority of MC users are after or is this a solution for few obscure scenarios?
This sounds like a decent amount of development. Aren't there other more important areas to consider?
Obscure scenarios? YouTube is the only video service supported in Media Center here. Other video and music services all run in a web browser.
Games are another area which would greatly benefit from MC's processing.

I use headphones a lot, and there are some VST plugins which make things sound a lot better.
For speakers, room correction can make a huge difference to how things sound.
For a lot of web streams, I find dynamic range compression helpful.

Being able to play audio directly through MC without requiring Loopback would be very beneficial to a lot of people. The Loopback latency often too high to be used for things like games or video streams, and hopefully a WDM driver will reduce this a lot. (Since actual audio devices can have much lower latency)

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2014, 02:53:52 pm »

Hi,

Two small feature requests:
- The ability to define a search by default in a search list. I have a pane view with a search list and use most of the time the first choice but want to keep the others.
I would like the first search to be directly selected when i choose this view. Maybe it can be extended to all panes

I even made two mockups ;)

- The second is more a bug fix than a feature request but when i edit a field in tag view while listening to music the focus is lost and it's very annoying ;)

Guillaume

eLizard

• Recent member
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2014, 08:47:08 pm »

All I want is a convert to opus option and a proper lyrics viewer

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2014, 01:56:06 am »

Touch screen interface in general view (scroll...)     Done

Handling of Blu Ray menu
Better "play doctor": mix with smart list criterias (ranking...); the best would be something like: a bit of **, a lot of *****, etc.
3D

Thanks!!

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2014, 02:05:44 pm »

I really like the "Wall" view in theater view. But I would like it even more if I could customize the scaling. Currently the size is fixed at rows of 8 X full width. I would love the option to lower that to rows of 5 or 6.

At my distance on a 50" screen, the thumbnails are smaller than optimal.

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2014, 08:02:42 am »

I would like to see when you set a program to record/subscribe under 'Recording Options/Subscribe' It show what the output file would look like when it is saved.
Like if it is a series and if there is series/episode info it will show you what it would look like.

streamerguy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2014, 09:28:01 am »

Can you please add an option to only convert the audio part of a video file, so send the original video track and convert the audio track?
For example if the renderer only supports different video formats, but not all audio formats.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2014, 10:58:34 am »

Can you please add an option to only convert the audio part of a video file, so send the original video track and convert the audio track?
For example if the renderer only supports different video formats, but not all audio formats.
It is already possible with Convert Video to Audio.

MichaelG

« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2014, 12:53:58 am »

A resizable or larger search input text box - please. OCD issues...that upgrade in MC20 will save on therapy.

darkheart

• Recent member
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2014, 02:57:02 am »

Please, make output format available for multichannel (currently available only for 2 channels) so it could be possible to upsample multichannel signal.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2014, 07:13:38 am »

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2014, 08:01:16 am »

Hi,
is it possible for theaterview to have a cinemascope view 1:2,35 ?
I have a cinemascope screen in my theater (so I have to zoom in for cinemscope movies and zoom out for 16:9 ones),
but more movies are in cinemascope then 16:9.
So it would be niche if the GUI in Theaterview would be also possible in this ratio, it doesn't look good to have content outside of the screen (not good readable and ugly in gerneral).

Thanks and mbest regards,
Erich

planetearth411

• Recent member
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2014, 08:46:38 pm »

Would love to see "8 X DSD in native format" added to the Output Encoding list of options..... please.     Done

Actually have a DAC that natively supports 8 X DSD (DSD512).     8)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2014, 08:23:52 am »

Would love to see "8 X DSD in native format" added to the Output Encoding list of options..... please.

Actually have a DAC that natively supports 8 X DSD (DSD512).     8)

We'll add it to the next build.  We don't have a DAC that supports it, so we'll need you to test it.  It might not work on the first crack.

History:
NEW: Added 8x DSD as an output encoding.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Guernsey

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Guernsey
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2014, 01:07:11 pm »

A resizable or larger search input text box - please. OCD issues...that upgrade in MC20 will save on therapy.

+1
Windows 11 - i7 8750H
NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ RTX 2070
1st M.2 SSD Drive   128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 300 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive   120GB ADATA SU650 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 320MB/W)
Yamaha RX-V4A AV Receiver
JRiver 20 / 21 / 22  /23 / 24 / 25 /26 / 27 / 28 / 29 / 30 / 31 / 32

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

The search box is wider now.  The wider your monitor, the wider it'll be.

dean70

« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2014, 03:22:56 pm »

It would be nice to be able to pin a tree item to a view (as a split view) or as a tab in a single view, eg: there could be specific TV Guide, Video and Audio playlists pinned to different view tabs on startup, so you dont have to go hunting through the tree each time.

The same could work with the DSP Studio window.  ;D

planetearth411

• Recent member
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2014, 06:54:03 pm »

We'll add it to the next build.  We don't have a DAC that supports it, so we'll need you to test it.  It might not work on the first crack.

History:
NEW: Added 8x DSD as an output encoding.

Awesome!  Will be happy to test it (using various PCM resolutions) and report back.   Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2014, 09:26:40 am »

Awesome!  Will be happy to test it (using various PCM resolutions) and report back.   Thanks!

The build is there.  Test away!  Maybe start a new thread for your results.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2015, 12:23:35 am »

Two suggestions.

1. For each playlist, can we have the ability to continue play back from the last stopping point. In other words, when selecting a play list or group, continue playback or resume.

2. I have a need to be able to edit the internal data base of a CD when inserted in the drive, but now without the CD inserted. With this feature, as errors are spotted during play back they can be corrected in both the tag fields and the internal data base.

sorepinky

« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:25 am »

DLNA Streaming (to get around lack of support for gapless playback)

I don't see why it should be so difficult.

It should be possible for MC20 acting as pusher to a non-gapless DLNA renderer (such as the Pioneer N-50) to temporarily string all the files of an album together into one big temp. file and stream that across the network as a single track with temporary meta.  The temp. file could be given TITLE meta taken from the "ALBUM" tag of original Track 1 and be deleted after playback is stopped (or on shut-down of MC20) and the other meta including cover art could be grabbed from the first track as well.  On the MC20 interface say a right click option over the album art "Push whole album to renderer as one gapless track".  No doubt there'd be some initial lag as the temp. file was written, but I certainly wouldn't care too much.

Gizmo and JRemote could then add a "Push whole album to renderer as one gapless track" option too.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2015, 06:53:24 pm »

Thanks for the positive feed back. About 15 years back I started putting together a home automation system that became quite extensive with time. The original goal was to get rid of CD changers controlled by the system. There was no end of imagination of improvements to do. But I had to start from scratch. The changers inherently start playing with the disc present in the slot, so the system naturally "resumes" play. Later I extended this via the programing to start at the last track. Once the used is spoiled with the ability to continue playing through the entire collection, it becomes a requirement for any system. For every MP3 player I looked at, none would do this and would not purchase.

The code I wrote to do this is incredibly simple and did not take more than about 10 minutes to accomplish. One line was needed to save the location and track # when shutting down. And one line in the start up sequence to imitate the play at the last disc and track.

We already have the option in MC20 to start play back at the last track in the "playing now" window. This would be a good starting I think.

One suggestion I would like to add is to make this as an option. Some users may not like this at all. So something along the lines of an button manually start play at the last location, and also have the option to set automatic start up when changing a play list or group.

I have a number of other little features that ended up in my system, if anyone thinks putting them on the consideration table, I would be happy to submit and can send some photos of the results.

Regards, Harroun
Bangkok, Thailand

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »

For the case of us who rip music CD's on MC20 and the data in the local data base for when a CD is in the drive becomes the master data base for the text entry. This situation comes up when errors are spotted during play back. The "tag" file can be edited during play back, but not the master file. This requires the source CD to be put in the drive to access.

So for those of us who are fanatical about the format of the text, can somehow to "link" or display in a second window or automatically transfer the corrects for the "tag" file to the file for the CD.

Currently the only way to access the data is put the CD back in the drive. Rather tedious to do.

Then in case of need to re-rip the CD in case of accidental deletion or major HD failure, the applied data will be the latest version.

Also I am interested to know if the back-up procedure in the program will include this data for the CD data file. ( I am not sure the best way to differentiate between the two sets of data.)

The attachments should help illustrate what I am referring to.

Thanks and regards, Harroun
Bangkok. TH

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2015, 08:59:31 pm »

Sirs, it seems likely that MC20 uses CDID code to locate CD data from the on line data bases. Is that data stored some place in the metadata if I have that term correct. If I could access this CDID code from my ripped CD's, I have many things that can be accessed from my other files. Mainly like previously scanned album art files and cd text files.

If not already there, suggest be added. The calculations are not too difficult, it would be a big help for some of use out here in cyber space.

Regards, Harroun

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2015, 05:43:55 pm »

Just bumping this to the top, to judge our progress so far.

I'll start a new thread for comments.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »

I put a lot of effort into ripping CDs and getting the tags as I want them. (Mostly classical music and other genres where composer info is very important.)  Music goes into my permanent library and stays.  Images come in, go through a winnowing process and the remaining ones go through a further selecting process.  The last thing I want to do is to mix music files and images in one library.  As it stands, using MC for image management and music requires some really awkward kludges for me.
Maybe you could start a thread and explain why it's important to keep them separate.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2015, 06:43:56 pm »

bump
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up