INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible MC20 Features  (Read 82024 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Possible MC20 Features
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 03:08:56 am »

The ability to just remux a video file (instead of transcoding). 
- I'd use this to take one big Music Video recording (from a STB), particlise the tracks I want and then spit them out as single files.
- Others would use it to remux say a BD to a MKV
- Or remove adds from a TV recording
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 03:15:03 am »

Fine grain seeking for video (eg slow fwd / back).  So we can:
- Get time accurate info for create start/stop points for particles (currently way to course)... but really it is to
- Slow mo that scene from Basic Instinct (apparently it is the most frame by frame viewing of a movie segment of all time)
JRiver CEO Elect

Hilton

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 03:28:09 am »

I know Gizmo as a Zone has been be discussed.

But what about other DLNA renderers as a zone?

JRemote for example or other well known renderers?

Another question I just saw in the forums, selective server transcode to client based on file type.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90636.0
The example a user gave:, Having "Don't Convert" set, DSD streams at 24/352 which doesn't work.
Being able to set selective transcode by file type would fix this.  Convert if necessary often doesn't work as intended and it ends up transcoding when it doesn't need to.
Even better would be to apply a specific DSP based on file type for streaming to client.
DSP memories like EQ memories for example. Would be handy to emulate AVR presets too.

Combining the above 2 options:
Renderers as Zones, and being able to apply DSP on filetype (or even at the zone level) would be great too.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 03:30:58 am »

But what about other DLNA renderers as a zone?

DLNA renderers are already available as playback zones.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hilton

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 03:35:01 am »

DLNA renderers are already available as playback zones.

Your just talking about JRiver native renderers though aren't you?
Im talking about non-JRiver renderers.  My iPhone with JRemote doesn't show up and neither does my iPad.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2014, 03:36:16 am »

Another question I just saw in the forums, selective server transcode to client based on file type.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90636.0
The example a user gave:, Having "Don't Convert" set, DSD streams at 24/352 which doesn't work.
Being able to set selective transcode by file type would fix this.  Convert if necessary often doesn't work as intended and it ends up transcoding when it doesn't need to.

The is the same as my proposed DLNA "Auto" setting.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2014, 04:04:03 am »

Your just talking about JRiver native renderers though aren't you?
Im talking about non-JRiver renderers.  My iPhone with JRemote doesn't show up and neither does my iPad.

JRemote is not a DLNA renderer.
Any compatible DLNA renderer is immediately available as a playback zone.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2014, 04:08:11 am »

Hiltonk, Gizmo / JRemote / eos etc arn't DLNA renderers but use MC's MCWS IF (MC's Web Services IF) to pull info and do stuff (like RC) and this is why they don't appear as a Zone you can push to.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raldo

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2014, 04:21:18 am »

I'd like to see a feature where one can select files in a view and pass on this file list to a plugin

Here's how it should work:
- Select files in standard view.
- Right click mouse and select the plugin name. (registered via plugin API)
- On the plugin side, an event (or several events) is raised which contains a list of the selected files (or a list of file handles)

This would significantly increase the usability of plugins. Mainly because it increases the possibility of interaction with the user.

(As a note: When I made the PvdImport plugin a long time ago, I solved this by creating an executable which was called upon context menu clicks. This in turn communicated with the plugin using named pipes. PITA)

jgreen

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2014, 08:47:36 am »

+1 milliion on the remux/recut, although there are handy little tools out there now that get this job done (I'm pretty sure you know that).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2014, 10:34:53 am »

Allow adding tracks to playlists from Theater View.

Next build:
NEW: Files can be added to a playlist from Theater View (pick the Add to Playlist menu choice).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:47 pm »

Next build:
NEW: Files can be added to a playlist from Theater View (pick the Add to Playlist menu choice).

Wow, thanks!  Please see my other requests about Images improvements to be added a few builds from now ;D.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 10:40:35 am »

Hiltonk, Gizmo / JRemote / eos etc arn't DLNA renderers but use MC's MCWS IF (MC's Web Services IF) to pull info and do stuff (like RC) and this is why they don't appear as a Zone you can push to.
Thanks
Nathan

I remember when this had me totally confused too.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 03:50:25 pm »

Yup, I too just thought... it was dumb not having Gizmo show up as a zone without giving any thought to how it connected to MC.  It was only when looking at some other Remote sw for the Tablets the light bulb went on (dimly but on).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 05:49:12 pm »

Going back (way back) to JimH's "any media, anywhere, anytime" (forget the exact quote) aim for MC, here is my (very) old pic and how I see each segment:

Content Support: 8/10 - Most content that users want is supported.  Couple of edge cases keep coming up:
- MVC (BD 3D)
- BD Menus

Delivery: 9/10 - MC can read content from pretty much any source.
- A bit of clean up for adding/displaying Radio streams etc (can be done just not "easy")

Connectivity:  9/10 - MC supports pretty much all connectivity options.
- Maybe Radio Tuner cards (but with streaming options does anyone care?)

Consumption:  7/10 - This is one area that has seen more devices appear in the market and some areas that I think still need better support though with the new focus / and team members on "Remotes" this I expect will get a big bump along in MC20.  In particular:
- "Remotes" Clients : New improved/consolidated Gizmo/JRemote
- Portable Devices : I think the days of how users "Sync" content to devices like iPhones by plugging then in and writing to their DB is fading.  I'd much rather see that the new and improved Gizmo/JRemote app replace this concept entirely by using a local cache.  No need to use iTunes at all in this case and it can be done OTA as well as by cable.
- Media Streamers / DLNA : I find AndrewFG's discussion on this akin to that we had for the development of Red October.  It could remove all the fuss if done well and make this stuff "just work".  
- Audio Devices : AKA the Sonos Killer / Whole House media ideas.  Plonk down some active speakers/devices around the house and play content in sync to some/all etc
- PC/Servers : We still have some limitations for MC Clients, like local ripping, recoding of TV etc

Converter: 7/10 - Still a bit to do here:
- Format Shift:  As discussed, improvements and flexibility to the Video Conversions options (both for files and streaming)
- Time Shift:  Mostly for TV, not sure there is other Real Time content these days (Radio Streams??)
- Place Shift: Pretty good, you can now consume content from MC anywhere in the world though flexibility / auto config of the stream to match the connectivity capacity of the connection makes sense
- Device Shift: Few holes, eg I can not watch Live TV on a "remote" at all (does not go through the converter at present) and issues with live streams as MC just hands off the URL (does not go through the converter at present).

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2014, 06:37:13 pm »

Thanks, that is the one - Good to see how it has progressed over the years!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 08:27:50 pm »

Better handling of Internet radio stations.  You can do it now by saving them to a playlist, but it's awkward and hard to explain.
+1 - It can look good but is hard to setup
JRiver CEO Elect

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »

This one won't be easy, but I'd love to see linking of metadata in Theater View. So if I view a movie and click on an actor, I can see their other movies.

I would also love to see youtube improved in theater view with fewer playback errors, linking to related videos and the ability to create video playlists.

Also a freshening of the theater view skin would be nice. I really like the simplicity, but having something more android or iOS like would be nice.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2014, 09:23:06 pm »

Allow disabling of Delete function in Theater View for specific media types.  I only want it enabled for TV recordings so that "permanent" files can't accidentally be deleted.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2014, 03:30:44 am »

Not really a feature and more of an initial upgrade install item.
I have a pretty vast set of remote commands that use the .../system32/MCxx.exe functions.
When upgrading I have to burrow through my commands to change them to the new MC.
I would love to have this be automated or have an additional column for "Command Actions"
on the remote commands screen so I can see which ones need a change easier.
Sean

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2014, 08:53:32 am »

Been a while since I posted. Been really busy. Glad to see everyone (Matt especially) hard at work looking to improve things.

I would like to see the user accounts feature worked on a bit. There were many suggestions from everyone when it was originally implemented so I won't re quote them here. Personally I would like to see better security from the client side. IE the server only send the accessible information to clients... It's still quite easy to "get around" the security. Or it was last time I checked...

Tucson Brown

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2014, 09:53:39 am »

Better handling of Internet radio stations.  You can do it now by saving them to a playlist, but it's awkward and hard to explain.

This. Please implement this. Currently, I have my radio streams saved as HTTPs in a playlist form, but as you said it's sort of a contrived solution. Also, it would be nice to have a shuffle feature for my internet radio stations. Can't figure out a way to do it currently, as the streams don't end. Maybe an option to have them shuffle every X minutes?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

DATE_FIRST_RATED tag.

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added 'Date First Rated' field.

skindzier

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2014, 10:51:33 am »

DSP settings per track.

YEEESSSSSSS!  My suggestion would be to set up nameable DSP profiles that tracks could then be linked to - something like:
1.) Stereo
2.) Multi Channel
3.) Stereo Subwoofer + 5dB

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2014, 12:31:28 pm »

Chromecast support for JRemote   Done

..............Pretty please  ;D

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2014, 02:04:38 pm »

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added 'Date First Rated' field.

Awesome!

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:09 pm »

DSP settings per track.

+1000
please please please
DSP per track / album is my only request.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2014, 03:19:19 pm »

Bookmark a playlist, so that you can resume it where you stopped listening.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2014, 03:54:51 pm »

Oh, and I also vote for removing the secret intercom functionality from 2 years ago before jmone finds it. It's quite amusing watching him keep asking for it.. er wait a min, I meant to post this in the secret MC 17 with Intercom forum.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2014, 04:13:31 pm »

DSP settings per track.

Agree and support this.

I'd like to see this feature by media type. I'd like to apply a certain DSP setting to suit all video playback that's separate from audio. Specifically, for Adaptive Volume I'd like to opt for "Night Mode" when playing video and leave audio playback set to "Peak Level Normalise".

I find that "Night Mode" is a good way for dealing with oddities in recording levels that sometimes creeps into video and I'd prefer to avoid going into the media and jigging the level manually.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2014, 04:15:46 pm »

Something that I would like to see, that a few other users have also expressed interest in (I think both natehansen66 and TheLion expressed interest, among others): I'd like PEQ to offer a few additional common crossover filter slopes as options for low-pass and high-pass, such as Linkwitz-Riley and Bessel, and maybe some of the exotics as well (Neville-Thiele or Horbach-Keele).  But I think having built in Linkwitz-Riley and Bessel filters would be my priority.

We can create Linkwitz-Rileys right now by staggering two of the existing butterworth filters, but there's no way to create any of the other filters.

And, even though we have a workaround for Linkwitz-Riley filters, it would be nice to have them directly integrated, primarily because they are more likely to produce a good experience for the end user than a butterworth: they work better "out of the box" than butterworth filters because they tend to sum flat at the crossover point, unlike butterworths which tend to introduce a 3dB lump at the crossover point.  That's one reason why "crossover in a box" type products for pro audio tend to use 4th order Linkwitz Rileys if they only offer one filter choice.

See this post for more details about why I think a Linkwitz-Riley option might be good, and might be a better default for room correction bass redirection filters: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88345.msg605777#msg605777

And here's a graph from the wiki illustrating the issue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Linkwitz_vs_Butterworth.svg

+1

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:52 pm »

Something that I would like to see, that a few other users have also expressed interest in (I think both natehansen66 and TheLion expressed interest, among others): I'd like PEQ to offer a few additional common crossover filter slopes as options for low-pass and high-pass, such as Linkwitz-Riley and Bessel, and maybe some of the exotics as well (Neville-Thiele or Horbach-Keele).  But I think having built in Linkwitz-Riley and Bessel filters would be my priority.

We can create Linkwitz-Rileys right now by staggering two of the existing butterworth filters, but there's no way to create any of the other filters.

And, even though we have a workaround for Linkwitz-Riley filters, it would be nice to have them directly integrated, primarily because they are more likely to produce a good experience for the end user than a butterworth: they work better "out of the box" than butterworth filters because they tend to sum flat at the crossover point, unlike butterworths which tend to introduce a 3dB lump at the crossover point.  That's one reason why "crossover in a box" type products for pro audio tend to use 4th order Linkwitz Rileys if they only offer one filter choice.

See this post for more details about why I think a Linkwitz-Riley option might be good, and might be a better default for room correction bass redirection filters: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88345.msg605777#msg605777

And here's a graph from the wiki illustrating the issue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Linkwitz_vs_Butterworth.svg

Yep! +1

It would also be nice to copy/paste/save in the PEQ. We can use different zones but it would be nice to be able to do so in the PEQ. Also more than 2 PEQ windows would be good. I'd like to see the Q of a filter in the list of current filters as well.

The WDM driver has been mentioned many times but I'll throw it out there again  ;D

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2014, 06:33:09 pm »

WDM driver

+1

Does this mean you have found a WDM driver programmer?

dean70

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2014, 07:59:02 pm »

Play to Gizmo

Zone sync
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83434.msg618293#msg618293

Can it work the other way if you are using Gizmo to drive MC headless as a remote? E.G. A ZoneSwitch rule changes the active zone in MC, send a notify out to Gizmo to change its 'Play to' zone, so that the Playing Now screen & volume control in Gizmo works correctly.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2014, 08:42:08 pm »

DSD (DSF) sound quality improvements!  Even though MC 19's DSD (DSF) sound quality is very nice at present, I feel Korg's new AudioGate 3.02 sounds slightly better than MC19 with high-end audio system.  I do not know the deteils of the difference between the two, but really hope you could incorporate DSD (DSF) sound quality improvement with MC20.  Today, I purchased the upgrade license, and very much looking forward to trying MC20 very soon.
I will move this post to feature request page;
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90662.0

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2014, 01:09:57 am »

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2014, 09:32:50 am »

+1

Does this mean you have found a WDM driver programmer?

I'm a (bad) WDM driver programmer.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2014, 11:35:22 am »

Stream live TV to Gizmo.
Gizmo as full second screen experience when watching video on main TV - Cover art, meta data etc. (Same as screen I get when I click "OK" on a show in the guide).
Schedule TV recording from Gizmo.

+1

I'd like to use Gizmo during watching broadcast TV on my HTPC.  My mindset is that I should be able to see the Guide view on Gizmo, and then select a show in the guide that changes the channel on the HTPC.  That way my tablet can show me the program, information about it, but still be the remote for the HTPC.

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2014, 11:43:08 am »

I'm a (bad) WDM driver programmer.

Well, get some books and educate yourself when at home.. ;D

I also wan't the WDM-driver badly...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2014, 11:46:58 am »

Well, get some books and educate yourself when at home.. ;D

I also wan't the WDM-driver badly...

That was my way of saying it's done already.  We need to simplify the install, but the code is there.  Like I said, I'm a bad driver programmer so take it with a grain of salt ;D

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2014, 11:54:02 am »

Great news Matt!

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2014, 02:47:54 pm »

Gizmo is really in need of some TLC.  I would like to be able to:

rate from Gizmo     Done

search within subcategories, such as Media Type, Artist, Album, etc.
 create playlists
 disconnection recovery

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2014, 04:04:21 pm »

You can rate from Gizmo.  You need a recent version.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2014, 05:04:54 pm »

That was my way of saying it's done already.  We need to simplify the install, but the code is there.  Like I said, I'm a bad driver programmer so take it with a grain of salt ;D

Great. Ordering MC20.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2014, 06:09:08 pm »

Better search result Output see Screenshot

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2014, 06:41:13 am »

Unified setup for Theater View, Gizmo and JRemote.
great suggestion

rec head

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2014, 10:11:06 am »

DSP settings per track.

This sounds good to me.

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2014, 10:13:13 am »

Unified setup for Theater View, Gizmo and JRemote.
great suggestion
I think it depends on the implementation.
I don't want to see the same views in Theater View (video-focused) as I do with JRemote (music-focused)

The configuration for Theater View/Gizmo is very convoluted right now, so I wouldn't mind a simpler interface.

I would also like some ability to assign a user to Gizmo views, or set up different servers with separate access keys/passwords, similar to how you can assign different views to DLNA devices.
Currently it just displays content for whichever user is active in Media Center.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2014, 10:45:39 am »

Better handling of Folder.jpg in Album directories so if files are moved jpg goes with them.

Not just jpg!  Either: a file path move option (cue, log, PDF, etc) or the ability to work around it (file path relational tags, the ability to copy/paste custom tags, I'm sure there are other workarounds)

This one is mega huge for me, and my only "real" desire. 

Remux would be nice but there are some very good, small and fast tools that do just fine, integrating it more into MC would be a nice experience though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up