INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id Questions?  (Read 364138 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Id Questions?
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2014, 06:00:17 pm »

Really confused. I can't get it to work. I go GUI started and MC us up. I used JRiver to connect to the MC acting as server, i selected the ID as the zone to play back to....nothing plays. I wish there were more detailed step by step instructions on what to do.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2014, 09:43:19 am »

Really confused. I can't get it to work. I go GUI started and MC us up. I used JRiver to connect to the MC acting as server, i selected the ID as the zone to play back to....nothing plays. I wish there were more detailed step by step instructions on what to do.
OK.....as I meantioned earlier I purchased 2 IDs. I have successfully installed one of them. It seems to work well sending video from the MC acting as server to the ID. The other one still is not receiving video as my quote above states. Any suggestions?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2014, 01:21:49 pm »

OK.....as I meantioned earlier I purchased 2 IDs. I have successfully installed one of them. It seems to work well sending video from the MC acting as server to the ID. The other one still is not receiving video as my quote above states. Any suggestions?
Start with the most basic functions.
On the MC server, push the same audio file to each Id.
Does it play on one or both?

Choose option 11 from the menu on both Id's.
What are the inet addresses?
I assume you got the 2 Id's at the same time and they are both up to date running version 20.0.27?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2014, 03:38:17 pm »

Start with the most basic functions.
On the MC server, push the same audio file to each Id.
Does it play on one or both?

Choose option 11 from the menu on both Id's.
What are the inet addresses?
I assume you got the 2 Id's at the same time and they are both up to date running version 20.0.27?

Well, I received them about 3 weeks apart. The 2nd one was received last week.

How can i tell what version it is? That would make sense to verify both.....Thx, Bob

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2014, 04:01:16 pm »

Well, I received them about 3 weeks apart. The 2nd one was received last week.

How can i tell what version it is? That would make sense to verify both.....Thx, Bob
It's likely the first one doesn't have video support, that was very recent.
If you are running in GUI mode you can check by doing Help->About Media Center

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:18 pm »

When running the update function on the Id, it's strongly recommended to put it into Headless Text mode (2) before starting the update process.
The update from version 19 of Media Center to version 20 requires very heavy modification to the video subsystem on the Id.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2014, 05:41:02 pm »

Actually both are updated. The problem unit.... I changed view to display. All of a sudden i was able to push video to it. But pretty poor quality. AV Sync is not accurate.

I wanted to check video settings in options and couldnt figure out how to grt it to go back to standard view (guess I should use its access code to add to JRemote) so I rebooted. It now just shows a white screen with the mc logo in center. Using a mouse I cannot get to standard screen to reset view.

Lastly when i have standard view up on both IDs the view goes beyond border of tv. Is this a setting on the id itself so it fits in the 16:9 screen?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2014, 06:16:45 pm »

Actually both are updated. The problem unit.... I changed view to display. All of a sudden i was able to push video to it. But pretty poor quality. AV Sync is not accurate.
I think you can change that display mode setting in Options.
It's pretty close to the edge of what the CPU can handle however if you have enough network bandwidth it should be pretty decent.
I wanted to check video settings in options and couldn't figure out how to grt it to go back to standard view (guess I should use its access code to add to JRemote) so I rebooted. It now just shows a white screen with the mc logo in center. Using a mouse I cannot get to standard screen to reset view.
hitting esc gets out of display mode.
Lastly when i have standard view up on both IDs the view goes beyond border of tv. Is this a setting on the id itself so it fits in the 16:9 screen?
You can use ALT-left click to move and ALT-right click to resize if you get beyond screen boundaries. If MC is set to fullscreen it ought to fit the screen properly.
The GUI is still a bit touchy...

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2014, 06:36:59 pm »

Thanks a million, Bob, for your replies. I'm not near as tech savvy as most here and I appreciate the help. Will get back at it later tonight with your suggestions.

wappinghigh

• Recent member
« Reply #209 on: October 31, 2014, 03:16:57 pm »

Can I use this to control a multiroom setup?

the big q is will this support synchronized playback? Always is Sync. of multiple other UPnP renderers?

So let me get this straight..

This will run JRiver.
I can use JRemote to pull up JRiver on it
When I do that: I will see MinimServer as a DLNA share
I will also see the 8 or so other UPnP renderer's I have on my network on there (within JRemote)
I will able to select a track to stream from MinimServer
..then..I will be able to select all these UPnP renderers using JRemote group them all together, then play the track to all of them in sync
I will then be able to drop whatever room/renderer I want...and then re-add at will

All music will never be playing out of Sync (the same way Sonos does)

All using the the MC ID computer
All using JRemote

With nothing else running on my network other than the renderers

Correct?

wappinghigh

• Recent member
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »

Thanks for the help

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2014, 08:35:31 pm »

Any idea if this will work with the iFi micro DSD? iFi provides a driver for Win and Mac.

Thanks
t

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2014, 10:44:40 pm »

Thanks for the help
UPnP/DLNA currently has no way of syncing streams and the delay factor and non-deterministic behavior for different renderers makes it unlikely to happen with this generation of equipment.
See this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91208.0

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2014, 10:46:56 pm »

Any idea if this will work with the iFi micro DSD? The iFi provides driver for Win and Mac.

Thanks
t
According to the web site Linux supports it natively.

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2014, 07:37:32 am »

According to the web site Linux supports it natively.

Thank you Bob, I didn't notice that. So, will the ID have any problem sending 4x DSD to the IDSD? It works fine now using MC to up sample.

Thanks
t

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2014, 11:38:36 am »

Thank you Bob, I didn't notice that. So, will the ID have any problem sending 4x DSD to the IDSD? It works fine now using MC to up sample.

Thanks
t
I don't think you can send DSD to a device on linux without DoPE.

wappinghigh

• Recent member
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2014, 07:41:37 pm »

UPnP/DLNA currently has no way of syncing streams and the delay factor and non-deterministic behavior for different renderers makes it unlikely to happen with this generation of equipment.
See this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91208.0

Thanks Bob.

That thread now appears to be missing  :o

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »

Thanks Bob.

That thread now appears to be missing  :o
Strange, it works for me.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2014, 09:49:13 pm »

Strange, it works for me.

FYI, It doesn't work for me

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2014, 10:43:09 pm »

FYI, It doesn't work for me
My fault, I'll summarize what was there.

There is a syncing mechanism proposed in the version 2 spec but no one has implemented it to this point.

Bogart

• Recent member
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2014, 08:16:11 pm »

I want to be able to use the Id in two locations with different DACs.  Do I have to connect to a monitor, keyboard and mouse and access the GUI to change the audio device each time I move back and forth, or is there some faster way to do this?

Also--the audio device list is very confusing.  When I use a DACport there are multiple possible choices that include DACport and not all of them work.  When I use a Yulong DA8, similarly, there are multiple choices none of which identify the DAC as Yulong (as MC 20 does).  It just shows us as "DAC."  I hope you can clean this up.

Finally, can you explain why you say the Id produces higher quality audio than other DLNA renderers?  How is it superior to, for example, a networked Mac Mini

Nov. 7:  Well, if this forum is the sole way to get help from JRiver, this product is not ready for prime time.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2014, 03:16:17 am »

I knew it would disable gapless playback, I had a suspicion that what MC thinks the playlist is and what JRemote thinks it is aren't the same.
I'm not sure if the issue is in JRemote or MC. Will give it a look..

Bob, I've updated to 20.0.29 and JRemote 3.09 but it seems the issue we were disucssing (see post #160 on this thread) either has not been fixed yet, or I am experiencing something else yet related. Do you have any further suggestions for me, please? Many thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2014, 12:35:50 pm »

I want to be able to use the Id in two locations with different DACs.  Do I have to connect to a monitor, keyboard and mouse and access the GUI to change the audio device each time I move back and forth, or is there some faster way to do this?
You can change the audio device by connecting to the presentation page with a browser.
If the Id's address is 192.168.1.100 you'd connect to
http://192.168.1.100:52199/WebRemote/audiodevice.html
Also--the audio device list is very confusing.  When I use a DACport there are multiple possible choices that include DACport and not all of them work.  When I use a Yulong DA8, similarly, there are multiple choices none of which identify the DAC as Yulong (as MC 20 does).  It just shows us as "DAC."  I hope you can clean this up.
These are the linux ALSA "hinted" device names.
To get the more from a device you should use the "hardware" device. In most cases these will start with the prefix front:
Finally, can you explain why you say the Id produces higher quality audio than other DLNA renderers?  How is it superior to, for example, a networked Mac Mini
Because the Id uses the JRiver audio engine we feel it's better. It can play high sample rate 24 bit files as well which the vast majority of DLNA devices cannot.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2014, 12:42:01 pm »

Bob, I've updated to 20.0.29 and JRemote 3.09 but it seems the issue we were discussing (see post #160 on this thread) either has not been fixed yet, or I am experiencing something else yet related. Do you have any further suggestions for me, please? Many thanks.
You must be on build 20.0.27 which is the latest build for the Id.
The playlist modification issue resolution has not been pushed to the Id yet.
The Id is always a few revisions behind the latest build for stability reasons.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2014, 07:11:17 pm »

I just put out 20.0.33 for the Id.
This will handle the changes for the playlist modification (assuming you are using the Id for serving and rendering).
If you are using a different MC as the server (say a Windows or Mac machine) that instance of MC must be updated to a build that includes the playlist fix (>=20.0.31)

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2014, 03:34:46 am »

Thanks, Bob. It looks like MC for Mac, which I use as the server to Id acting as the renderer, is only available at version .29. Is there somewhere from where I should get Mac MC .33, or should I just wait a little longer? I can see that the Mac and Windows version numbering does not run the same, so do I perhaps need a yet another version of the Mac MC? Many thanks for working on this issue, I appreciate your caring.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2014, 11:02:42 am »

Thanks, Bob. It looks like MC for Mac, which I use as the server to Id acting as the renderer, is only available at version .29. Is there somewhere from where I should get Mac MC .33, or should I just wait a little longer? I can see that the Mac and Windows version numbering does not run the same, so do I perhaps need a yet another version of the Mac MC? Many thanks for working on this issue, I appreciate your caring.

Hi Rafal,
If you are using the Mac as the source of the music (you connect to the Mac with JRemote) you will have to wait until the next build is out. I'd expect that to be pretty soon.
We are working on different focuses on each platform so the releases don't come out in a synchronized manner.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2014, 04:33:42 pm »

I wanted to update my Id today. In have ever only used it in the text mode (never GUI). I had trouble with the previous update, but Id continued working. Today, I attached the keyboard and selected option 12. It did not progress beyond 1 line of text output and it hang. I rebooted it, and I could see it listing a large number of Linux boot log messages, many about "stuck CPU", but it never gave me back the text menu. I have waited a few hours, but it did not recover like the last time.

From now on, whenever I reboot, it lists a few lines, then goes blank, even the keyboard is dead (no light comes up when I click caps lock).

The only thing I seem able to do, is when I hit the space bar at boot, then E then Ctrl X then select the topmost line (can't read them well as the screen is a bit garbled), which gives me a very stretched and wrapped text menu, but none of the options really work: I tried option 12 again, it just reboots a few seconds later and goes into a blank screen (after a few boot messages). I tried making it go to GUI, reboots, a bit of text, blank, dead keyboard... I tried 77, same effect.

Is there a way to somehow reinstall all software on it, myself, or do I have to post it all back to you?

Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2014, 04:43:29 pm »

I wanted to update my ID today. In have ever only used it in the text mode (never GUI). I had trouble with the previous update, but Id continued working. Today, I attached the keyboard and selected option 12. It did not progress beyond 1 line of text output and it hang. I rebooted it, and I could see it listing a large number of Linux boot log messages, many about "stuck CPU", but it never gave me back the text menu. I have waited a few hours, but it did not recover like the last time.

From now on, whenever I reboot, it lists a few lines, then goes blank, even the keyboard is dead (no light comes up when I click caps lock).

The only thing I seem able to do, is when I hit the space bar at boot, then E then Ctrl X then select the topmost line (can't read them well as the screen is a bit garbled), which gives me a very stretched and wrapped text menu, but none of the options really work: I tried option 12 again, it just reboots a few seconds later and goes into a blank screen (after a few boot messages). I tried making it go to GUI, reboots, a bit of text, blank, dead keyboard... I tried 77, same effect.

Is there a way to somehow reinstall all software on it, myself, or do I have to post it all back to you?

Thanks.

Sorry for your trouble. It wasn't hanging during the update, it was just not printing out a progress report. It needs to be more verbose and printout a warning to not interrupt the process.

Since the update was interrupted we need to get the Id back up to complete the process.
If you get to the main Id text menu we can fix it. I'll PM you some instructions.

If you can't get to the main Id text menu it's going to be trickier. You can let it sit for a while, some people have had success with that eventually getting to the text menu (may take 30 minutes or so).

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2014, 04:51:21 pm »

Thanks, Bob. I did not realise it was downloading anything, it seemed frozen... Sorry about this. I can make it to the boot loader/GRUB menu, however, post that stage, it hangs at this, every time now, see attached photo of the screen.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »

Thanks, Bob. I did not realise it was downloading anything, it seemed frozen... Sorry about this. I can make it to the boot loader/GRUB menu, however, post that stage, it hangs at this, every time now, see attached photo of the screen.
Just let it sit for 30 minutes or so.
If that doesn't work we can try fiddling with the boot menu a bit.
What was the last mode you were booted into, text or gui?

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2014, 04:58:24 pm »

Text, never entered GUI, however, I have tried selecting the GUI from the text last text menu that worked, using option 3, which I suppose got me to where I am stuck now. So perhaps you may want to assume that it tried to go for GUI but it has never managed to.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2014, 05:16:28 pm »

Text, never entered GUI, however, I have tried selecting the GUI from the text last text menu that worked, using option 3, which I suppose got me to where I am stuck now. So perhaps you may want to assume that it tried to go for GUI but it has never managed to.
Yes I think that is the case.
Get to the boot menu and hit space.
There will be only one choice on the grub menu if it was trying to get to graphics mode.
Hit e to edit that boot entry
on the edit screen hit down arrow until you get to the next to last line which starts with "echo"
hit back-arrow once and you should be at the end of the word "quiet" from the linux boot line.
backspace off the word quiet and type in nomodeset
that line should then read
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.14.4 root=/dev/sda1 ro nomodeset
if that's right, hit control-x to boot.

See if that gets you up to the Id text menu after a couple of minutes...

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2014, 09:30:17 am »

Bob, I can no longer reply to you via PM because I am limited to 3 forum PM messages per hour. So a quick “thank you” for checking out the Id, I am glad to hear it is OK now. The only issue I have is that when I try option 12 (update) it reboots itself and locks up: screen is blank (tried two projectors) and the keyboard is dead. I wonder if it is supposed to, perhaps, somehow reboot differently after an update?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2014, 09:36:11 am »

Bob, I can no longer reply to you via PM because I am limited to 3 forum PM messages per hour. So a quick “thank you” for checking out the Id, I am glad to hear it is OK now. The only issue I have is that when I try option 12 (update) it reboots itself and locks up: screen is blank (tried two projectors) and the keyboard is dead. I wonder if it is supposed to, perhaps, somehow reboot differently after an update?

Hi Rafal,
That lockup on reboot seems to happen sometimes. Can you check your bios version next time you reboot it?
It should be on 34 (in the long bios string). There were a few that got shipped with a newer version before we discovered intel had a bug in it.

Edit: I just checked, it is on 34. I'm not sure what else it could be, perhaps something to do with the HDMI.
The clock is off but I don't think that should make a difference. It thinks its 23:40 UTC.

Bogart

• Recent member
« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2014, 03:57:50 pm »

I have been able to play media stored on the Id's hard drive by going into the GUI and setting "playing from" to "Main Library,"  then disconnecting from the Id on JRemote and reconnecting.  I can return to using my main media server (Mac Mini) by reversing this process.  Is there any way to make this switch using JRemote or the web interface?  Or do I have to access the GUI by connecting to a monitor?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2014, 05:01:04 pm »

You should be able to use JRemote to select both the "source" and the "destination".

Bogart

• Recent member
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2014, 05:26:10 pm »

Could you explain how to do that in more detail?  I don't see how to it.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2014, 05:27:04 pm »

Should I be using the headless mode or the "text with HDMI init" and if you don't mind, may I ask what is the difference? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2014, 05:28:14 pm »

It depends whether you want to use a monitor.

Best is to try them, and see what works best for you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »

Could you explain how to do that in more detail?  I don't see how to it.
JRemote instructions are on the Remotes board on this forum.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=37.0

Bogart

• Recent member
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2014, 08:34:14 pm »

JRemote instructions are on the Remotes board on this forum.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=37.0

That isn't exactly true, is it?  There is a forum with lots of questions and discussions, but no coherent, organized instructions.  Why not simply answer my question? 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2014, 09:35:21 pm »

Headless text mode means without HDMI initialization.
This means if you attach a monitor it will be in it's default mode.

Text mode with HDMI initialization will initialize the monitor (which means there needs to be one attached).
If you are using HDMI audio equipment this may be required (depends on the equipment, not the Id).

G. Shumway

• Recent member
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2014, 03:52:20 pm »

My Id seems to be forgetting its playlist. For example, from my Windows 8.1 notebook (currently running Media Center 20.0.27), I sent a 12-song album to play on the Id, the Id plays a few (and maybe a partial) songs and then stops playback.  When I look at the Id's Playing Now at that point, it shows only the last song that played and no others.

The songs are served from a Windows 7 desktop with the same MC version as the notebook.  The Id is up-to-date as of two days ago.

This happens nearly every time I use the Id, though not necessarily if I only play a couple/few songs.  Where is the hiccup?

Pegasus59

• Recent member
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2014, 10:55:01 pm »

My Id is having major issues with loading the usual library (Netgear NAS) and also playback following updating to the latest version.
My NAS has approx 55000 music files it. The Id will only load 5000 after the update.
And when I attempt to play any of those 5000 files it comes up with "there's a problem with playback".
I've tried attempting to update again, which the Id does, but then hangs when it tries to reboot.
I've tried waiting over an hour for the Id to reboot.
I have to disconnect the power to get it to reboot again.
When it does reboot, I get the library problem.
I've tried several times to clear the library and then reinstall the library.
But I run into the same problem with the library only partial reloading.
Even leaving it all day to reload the library makes no difference.
Loading and unloading the NAS library with my Windows 8.1 PC works fine, so it's not the NAS.
It seems that every time an update comes down, I run into problems with the Id.
I'm almost at the stage of blowing the Linux away and putting Windows on the NUC and installing MC20 for Windows on it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2014, 09:33:58 am »

My Id seems to be forgetting its playlist. For example, from my Windows 8.1 notebook (currently running Media Center 20.0.27), I sent a 12-song album to play on the Id, the Id plays a few (and maybe a partial) songs and then stops playback.  When I look at the Id's Playing Now at that point, it shows only the last song that played and no others.

The songs are served from a Windows 7 desktop with the same MC version as the notebook.  The Id is up-to-date as of two days ago.

This happens nearly every time I use the Id, though not necessarily if I only play a couple/few songs.  Where is the hiccup?
The Id won't show the entire playlist.
It should show the currently playing track and the next in the queue.

Are you pushing a change to the playlist while it's playing or just letting it run through a playlist?
Are you controlling the Id from your Windows notebook or from JRemote or Gizmo?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2014, 09:38:43 am »

My Id is having major issues with loading the usual library (Netgear NAS) and also playback following updating to the latest version.
My NAS has approx 55000 music files it. The Id will only load 5000 after the update.
And when I attempt to play any of those 5000 files it comes up with "there's a problem with playback".
I've tried attempting to update again, which the Id does, but then hangs when it tries to reboot.
I've tried waiting over an hour for the Id to reboot.
I have to disconnect the power to get it to reboot again.
When it does reboot, I get the library problem.
I've tried several times to clear the library and then reinstall the library.
But I run into the same problem with the library only partial reloading.
Even leaving it all day to reload the library makes no difference.
Loading and unloading the NAS library with my Windows 8.1 PC works fine, so it's not the NAS.
It seems that every time an update comes down, I run into problems with the Id.
I'm almost at the stage of blowing the Linux away and putting Windows on the NUC and installing MC20 for Windows on it.
I'm sorry you're having this trouble.
What builds are you running on you windows PC and the Id?
I assume you are on 20.0.33 on the Id since you've said it's up to date.

In the case of the Id you are loading the NAS with DLNA since it doesn't have another way to load an external non-MC library.
How are you loading the NAS on windows? As a DLNA server or a share?

G. Shumway

• Recent member
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2014, 02:47:56 pm »

The Id won't show the entire playlist.
It should show the currently playing track and the next in the queue.

Are you pushing a change to the playlist while it's playing or just letting it run through a playlist?
Are you controlling the Id from your Windows notebook or from JRemote or Gizmo?

I am sending a playlist to play on the Id from my Windows notebook.  My assumption was that the Id then basically has been given instructions and should carry them out unattended, but, from your syntax, I'm getting the sense that this is a misconception.  Do the Id and notebook have to be able to communicate the entire time the Id is playing?  If this is the case, is there a way (or a possibility in the future) to have the Id receive a playlist from whatever device can direct it, but do it's playback directly from the library server to which it is connected?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2014, 03:29:00 pm »

I am sending a playlist to play on the Id from my Windows notebook.  My assumption was that the Id then basically has been given instructions and should carry them out unattended, but, from your syntax, I'm getting the sense that this is a misconception.  Do the Id and notebook have to be able to communicate the entire time the Id is playing?  If this is the case, is there a way (or a possibility in the future) to have the Id receive a playlist from whatever device can direct it, but do it's playback directly from the library server to which it is connected?
I'm assuming you have a third machine than which contains the library and you are just using the notebook as a controller?
If you are pushing the tracks from your windows notebook in this situation controller essentially sends 2 tracks at a time, the current and next to play.

You could either put the media on the Id's share and control the Id directly with the notebook by connecting to the Id's library server or
have the Id connect to your third machine's library server then connect to the library server on the Id with the notebook and control it that way.

I think in those cases it would just keep playing.

Here is a simpler way:
The way I use the Id at home is with a machine with my library on it that's on all the time and I use JRemote, or Gizmo, or WebGizmo (depending on what device I'm using at the time) to connecting to the machine with the library and selecting the Id as the playback zone. Once you start a playlist this way there is no need to maintain a connection with the remote control device.

cort

• Recent member
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2014, 03:33:53 pm »

What is the best way to add memory to the Id?
replacing the 128 gb ssd with a 256 or can I add a 128 gb to the usb 3 port?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 26   Go Up