INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Over DLNA  (Read 90117 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
DSP Over DLNA
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:58:08 pm »

Starting with build 20.0.27 you can apply DSP to files served by MC's DLNA server(s).

To do this:
Options->Media Network->Add or Configure DLNA Servers->Audio
Mode: Specified output Format MUST be selected.
..Audio->Advanced
...DSP Studio ...
will be visible. Make changes there.

Note that these options only apply to files served by that particular MC DLNA server.
You can create multiple DLNA servers and each will be able to have it's own DSP Studio settings.
This means if you associate a zone with a particular server (right-click the zone and do "associate with DLNA server") you can have separate DSP effects for each zone or groups of zones.

Possible issues:
The server probably currently is generating incorrect Content Directory DIDL (file description for the renderer) if you change sample rate and perhaps bit depth.
Test with equalization effects first...

bob

• Administrator
Re: DSP Over DLNA
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:56 am »

Hi Bob
This feature alone made me upgrade my home server to V20, I think its an extremely powerful feature !
I tested the following configuration:
JRMC20 --> Logitech Media Server configured as DLNA renderer --> My own built device running Linux with Squeezelite.
This configuration plays 192/24 flac files from MC without any issues.
When choosing specified format, I started out with the PCM variations - no go :o
Only when I switched to MP3, it started working.
So I really love this new feature, but I cant use it if I have to downscale to MP3. I look forward to have this running with PCM/FLAC.
Thanks, Yair
Start simple.
Don't invoke any DSP functions.
With "Specified Format" selected to preserve 24 bit your only options formats are PCM 24 bit and PCM 24 bit No Header.
The No Header one is unlikely to play since I've only seen one hardware device support it.
The PCM 24 bit option is a 24 bit Wave file. This is NOT a format that DLNA devices are required to support. If your Squeezelite doesn't you are out of luck at the 24 bit level.
You could try PCM 16 bit No Header. This is a format that is required to be supported by the spec.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:51:41 pm »

Squeezeboxes don't play 24 bit audio natively. If you got the impression that your box was playing 24 bit then that is just an impression, and in reality Squeezebox server / LMS is transcoding back to 16 bit before forwarding to the box. Therefore if you want to push a DSP'd track from MC the best choice is to push L16 no header, or PCM 16.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

yairf

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 03:39:57 am »

It's a go !  ;D
I have deleted my previous messages as they are irrelevant.
I tried the same Linux device, this time with a different software package called Volumio (which is a Linux player based on MPD), with UPNP enabled.
It will play all formats with DSP enabled, including (surprise !!) M4A files at 192/24 rates.
I'm impressed !
Yair

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:38:51 am »

It seems to me that the current MC server settings dialog has some implicit duplications. On one hand under the Advanced settings block, it offers a checkbox for Stereo downmix, a checkbox for Volume Levelling, and a selector for Sample rate. And on the other hand, under the DSP Studio selector it also offers a DSP dialog that (among other things) allows you to select a Channel down- or up- mix selection, a Volume Levelling selection, and a Sample Rate selection. I don't see why these two sets of settings are needed. And if they are needed, it is not clear which set of settings would apply in case of conflicting selections..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 11:43:33 am »

It seems to me that the current MC server settings dialog has some implicit duplications. On one hand under the Advanced settings block, it offers a checkbox for Stereo downmix, a checkbox for Volume Levelling, and a selector for Sample rate. And on the other hand, under the DSP Studio selector it also offers a DSP dialog that (among other things) allows you to select a Channel down- or up- mix selection, a Volume Levelling selection, and a Sample Rate selection. I don't see why these two sets of settings are needed. And if they are needed, it is not clear which set of settings would apply in case of conflicting selections..
That's a good overview of the situation.
The original goal was simplicity. There is some work to be done in this area.
The volume leveling toggle appears to work as expected.
The sample rate selection is an issue. As I've said before I don't think it's being presented properly in the DIDL if it's done in the DSP studio settings in lieu of the simple option.
Not sure about downmix, likely problematic as well.
It's on the list...

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 03:11:51 am »

^

Yeah, I think you would need to adjust the DIDL that is passed in your SetAvTransportURI commands, and also the DIDL that is passed in your CD:Browse and CD:Search responses to match the channel count and sample rate of the current DSP settings.

Note: You would need special treatment for the DIDL of the sample rate because in the DSP dialog the delivered sample rate can be selected differently depending on the sample rate of the original source file.

Also you would need to adjust the L16 (and L24) mime type "rate=" and "channels=" attributes.

And furthermore you would need to lock out some impossible DSP combinations like upsampling to 24 bit and trying to stream it as L16, etc.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 09:42:11 am »

^

Yeah, I think you would need to adjust the DIDL that is passed in your SetAvTransportURI commands, and also the DIDL that is passed in your CD:Browse and CD:Search responses to match the channel count and sample rate of the current DSP settings.

Note: You would need special treatment for the DIDL of the sample rate because in the DSP dialog the delivered sample rate can be selected differently depending on the sample rate of the original source file.

Also you would need to adjust the L16 (and L24) mime type "rate=" and "channels=" attributes.

And furthermore you would need to lock out some impossible DSP combinations like upsampling to 24 bit and trying to stream it as L16, etc.
Yeah, I think you put your finger on all of it...

f0iegras

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 10:48:24 pm »

Hi Bob,

I'm evaluating MC 20.0.40 for Mac and I can't seem to get any of the DSP Studio settings to work. I've tried both PCM 16 and PCM 24 to no avail.

Interestingly, the Volume leveling toggle under the advanced tab works fine (as reported) but the same function within DSP Studio does not.

Is this a known bug that is expected to be ironed out soon? I've been planning to upgrade from MC19 to MC20 precisely for DSP over DLNA. Please help!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 11:23:24 pm »

Hi Bob,

I'm evaluating MC 20.0.40 for Mac and I can't seem to get any of the DSP Studio settings to work. I've tried both PCM 16 and PCM 24 to no avail.

Interestingly, the Volume leveling toggle under the advanced tab works fine (as reported) but the same function within DSP Studio does not.

Is this a known bug that is expected to be ironed out soon? I've been planning to upgrade from MC19 to MC20 precisely for DSP over DLNA. Please help!
There are some quirks in it currently but it is functional (sample rate changing is likely not).
Try something simple like the equalizer.
Note the you MUST use "Specified Format" or none of the advanced options will be applicable.

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 09:48:57 am »

will JRiver DLNA ever support up sampling PCM to DSD via DSP Studio?

thanks

wklie

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 09:55:54 am »

will JRiver DLNA ever support up sampling PCM to DSD via DSP Studio?

I'd like to have DLNA PCM upsampling to DoPE.

I spent two nights of experimenting various setup options to get this to work, before finding this thread to learn that this is not (yet?) supported.

Secondly, I'd like to have DLNA support for sample rate changing.

Thanks.   ;D

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 10:27:24 am »

I'd like to have DLNA PCM upsampling to DoPE.

I spent two nights of experimenting various setup options to get this to work, before finding this thread to learn that this is not (yet?) supported.

Secondly, I'd like to have DLNA support for sample rate changing.

Thanks.   ;D
Don't know about the format conversion to DSD yet but you can already change the sample rate in DLNA. It's under the server Audio->Advanced options.

wklie

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »

you can already change the sample rate in DLNA. It's under the server Audio->Advanced options.

The top-level sample rate change works, but I couldn't get the DLNA - DSP Studio - Output Format Sample Rate Change table to take effect.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 11:30:01 am »

The top-level sample rate change works, but I couldn't get the DLNA - DSP Studio - Output Format Sample Rate Change table to take effect.

Don't use the DSP one for now, use the one I specified. There is a conflict between the one in DSP studio and the advanced option.

pataram

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 04:58:50 pm »

Good Evening,

I use JRiver mac and JRemote . I have the latest version ( 20.0.64 ) . Files ( mp3, wave , flac , dsd ....) are stored on a NAS Synology ( DS214 +). The sound is sent to my stereo via ethernet network drive with integrated DAC ( 3DLAB ) .
I blocked on servers dlna ....
Everything is checked in tools / option / media network using the procedures described on wikis . JRemote works perfectly and the sound comes out on my channel with no problem.
However, when I click on [ ... Add or configure DLNA servers ] and I add dlna servers, I do not know where to find them later. I expected to find the top left in playing, but nothing.

Hence my question : what is the use to configure / add dlna servers?

Finally, in advanced audio functions when I want to use the studio dsp when I check an option left, " output format " for example, is registered { stopped reading or incompatible with the treatment } and { very bottom level peak : n / a } { origin: n / a} { internal : n / a} .
I take it it will not work ....
Can you explain why ?
Can you give me the procedure or perform a paramettrage ?

In advance thank you .

Patrick , Bordeaux, France .

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 05:04:25 pm »

If you add a DLNA Server on one machine, it should be visible on other machines, under Playing Now.  If it isn't, then a firewall might be blocking it on one machine or the other.  You could read the wiki topic called Network Access for information about this.

pataram

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 05:14:25 pm »

thank you for your reply, and desolated for my english ... :)
I will read this article.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »

Desole pour mon francais.  je comprend mieux que j'ecris.

pataram

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 07:17:19 am »

It still doesn't work....
Can somebody explain me step by step how to use dsp with dlna network player.
Can somebody explain me step by step how to set up dlna server and pût thème in "now playing" area.
Tanks a lot

pataram

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 07:34:22 am »

my question is can be unclear.
in fact, I just want to enjoy DSP FUNCTIONALITIES when I send the sound on my hi fi system through my network drive.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 07:45:34 am »

Please start at the Media Network topic on our wiki.

You need to turn on Media Network first.

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 07:36:55 am »

It's on the list...

Maybe you can add gapless to that list? I have used DLNA + DSP for convolution successfully since is was made available. Using only the DLNA server, gapless playback works. Adding DSP to the chain breaks gapless.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 09:45:09 am »

Maybe you can add gapless to that list? I have used DLNA + DSP for convolution successfully since is was made available. Using only the DLNA server, gapless playback works. Adding DSP to the chain breaks gapless.
As long as the rendering device requests the next file early enough you shouldn't have an issue with this. Have you tried pushing to MC as a renderer with a gapless playlist?

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 01:50:47 pm »

As long as the rendering device requests the next file early enough you shouldn't have an issue with this. Have you tried pushing to MC as a renderer with a gapless playlist?

I use upmpdcli as renderer in front of mpd. I use either JRemote or Gizmo to play. Recently I also tried Bubbleupnp. Same behavior.  I'll check with the developer of upmpdcli. Is there a difference between MC upnp server and upnp+dsp regarding how early the next file must be requested? I have not tried pushing to MC as renderer.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 04:35:36 pm »

I use upmpdcli as renderer in front of mpd. I use either JRemote or Gizmo to play. Recently I also tried Bubbleupnp. Same behavior.  I'll check with the developer of upmpdcli. Is there a difference between MC upnp server and upnp+dsp regarding how early the next file must be requested? I have not tried pushing to MC as renderer.
I'd assume adding the dsp introduces an additional delay.
MC as a renderer can be set via the prebuffering audio paramter to request the file earlier which is why I was wondering if you had tried it.

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 11:46:24 am »

Hi

JRiver 20.0.80 on Mac

DLNA server OK

options/media network/add or configure DLNA Servers

Audio
Specified output format
PCM 24 bits

Advanced
Sample rate same as source
DSP Studio

From here, on every option on the left column, I get "Playback stopped or current playback doesn't support processing".
And no effect on sound if I force equalization for example.

What did I miss?

Kind regards
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2
S2 Playing and studio: Yamaha WXA-50, HEFA Mutine, Seinway O180

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 11:59:05 am »

Oh yes, there are sound effects!!
But it seems that a JRiver restart is needed to take modifications into account…

Am I right?
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 12:35:46 pm »

Oh yes, there are sound effects!!
But it seems that a JRiver restart is needed to take modifications into account…

Am I right?

I went through exactly the steps you list and when I push a track to a DLNA zone it plays with with the proper file format and equalization without a restart of MC.
The track you played may have been cached though, you should try a different one to make sure.

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 12:40:31 pm »

Thanks Bob

I also realized that the track was cached.

But even with a "new" file, the behavior seems to be not always the same, when switching on and off equalization, sometimes it switches at once, sometimes it seems to need a restart.
Not absolutely sure.

Kind regards
Thierry

71titan

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 01:10:45 am »

I am also not able to play DNLA + DSP (Convolution) gapless.
Setup: BubbleUPnP as control; MC19 as renderer on PC1; MC20 as sever on PC2
Gapless playback works without convolution (or with convolution on the renderer).
Convolution on the server site works fine but it plays not gapless.
MC19 requests the next file early enough and the server is strong enough for the convolution.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 08:05:09 am »

Welcome to Interact.  MC20 would be needed on both, since the feature was not added until recently.

71titan

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 12:31:26 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  MC20 would be needed on both, since the feature was not added until recently.
Thank you for welcoming me.
I don’t understand your answer! Maybe my description was not precise enough.
MC19 acts as a standard DLNA renderer (with gapless support).
MC20 acts as a standard DNLA server with DSP (Convolution) over DNLA.
The version of MC on the renderer site should not matter as long as it is able to play gapless.
Anyway, I have done the update to MC20. Now I have MC20 on both sites.
As expected, the playback it not gapless when Convolution is enabled on the server.

The goal is to replace my current renderer (now MC20) in the living room with an MOON 180 MiND Streamer.
The digital room correction should be done on the server site with MC20.

rs55

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 04:07:01 pm »

I have DLNA working with my OPPO BDP-93. My big issue is that my DSP plugin ( Redline Preamp VST) which I selected in the DLNA options in MC20 is not functioning - no effect on the sound.
The VST plugin works fine on my local attached DAC to my headphone, but not over DLNA.
Since DSP over DLNA is one of the major features in MC20 - ( and the main reason I bought it) I wonder if someone would be kind enough to post a response. Thanks in advance.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 09:48:04 am »

I have DLNA working with my OPPO BDP-93. My big issue is that my DSP plugin ( Redline Preamp VST) which I selected in the DLNA options in MC20 is not functioning - no effect on the sound.
The VST plugin works fine on my local attached DAC to my headphone, but not over DLNA.
Since DSP over DLNA is one of the major features in MC20 - ( and the main reason I bought it) I wonder if someone would be kind enough to post a response. Thanks in advance.
No idea about your plugin but you need to make sure the Audio setting in MC's DLNA server options is set to "Specified Format".

rs55

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2015, 12:05:37 pm »

It is set to "specified Format.
have you tested MC20 with any VST plugins for DSP? Can you confirm that they work over DLNA?

( Or does DSP over DLNA only work with MCs built-in DSP choices?)

rs55

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 09:05:07 pm »

I think it would be a fairly simple thing to do - just get one of the many VST plugins available for various DSP efects. Try it out on MC20.
Provide a statement that is one of the two:
1. VST plugins work over DLNA - with ... blah blah... exceptions.
2. VST plugins dont work over DLNA.
    a) We are working to make it work
    b) We dont feel the need to support vst plugins over DLNA.

That would be helpful for your loyal customers to know.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 09:19:33 pm »

I think it would be a fairly simple thing to do - just get one of the many VST plugins available for various DSP efects. Try it out on MC20.
Provide a statement that is one of the two:
1. VST plugins work over DLNA - with ... blah blah... exceptions.
2. VST plugins dont work over DLNA.
    a) We are working to make it work
    b) We dont feel the need to support vst plugins over DLNA.

That would be helpful for your loyal customers to know.
No idea and I'm not working in that area.
Perhaps Matt has a comment.

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 02:06:49 pm »

MC as a renderer can be set via the prebuffering audio paramter to request the file earlier which is why I was wondering if you had tried it.

Hello Bob!
I have finally tested this. 20.0.99 as renderer on a Atom laptop (WinXP)and the DLNA server running 20.0.100 on a different machine (Win7). Without DSP, playback is gapless. With DSP enabled it is no longer gapless. Same as I have experienced with several different renderers. I'm afraid you'll have to look into this. The next track is always fetched on track change i.e. track 3 is cued when switch from 1 to 2 is taking place. The default 6 seconds is enough. I tried 10 seconds and could not detect any difference.
Can you also please indicate when we can expect the convolution config in DSP to display filter properties and processing while playing (as it does when playing to a local device). It is a problem to all the time see "not valid" when in fact convolution and other DSP features is working.

Correction: It seems to be only when I enable convolution gapless is broken. This afternoon I enabled only parametric equalizing in DSP and playback is gapless. So it is not the DSP processing as such. but convolution that messes with gapless track change. This is the same as 71titan describes further up in the thread.

tboooe

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 11:12:07 am »

Has anyone got this to work?  Under Advanced settings, I can choose the single sample rate I want and this seems to work (I actually had it working on V19).  But this seems to override DSP Studio settings.  For example, in DSP Studio I have different upsample rates set (44.1>>88.2 and 48>>96) but all I ever get is the single rate set in Sample Rate under Advanced.  Am I missing something?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 11:19:31 am »

Has anyone got this to work?  Under Advanced settings, I can choose the single sample rate I want and this seems to work (I actually had it working on V19).  But this seems to override DSP Studio settings.  For example, in DSP Studio I have different upsample rates set (44.1>>88.2 and 48>>96) but all I ever get is the single rate set in Sample Rate under Advanced.  Am I missing something?
No you are not.
There is a conflict between the advanced settings and DSP studio that hasn't been resolved at this time.

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 12:35:17 pm »

Bump

no response to my post (38) from April 27 yet?

Mark_Chat

• Recent member
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 12:07:59 pm »

No you are not.
There is a conflict between the advanced settings and DSP studio that hasn't been resolved at this time.

Is there a workaround for this?
Does leaving the advanced setting to keep the sample rate the same as source but change the DSP frequency to the desired one help?

As most DLNA Wi-Fi is only 44.1 and 48kHz, I would prefer 192 and 96kHz downsampled to 48kHz and 88.2 and DSD downsampled to 44.1 for cleaner maths

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 12:34:38 pm »

Is there a workaround for this?

Does leaving the advanced setting to keep the sample rate the same as source but change the DSP frequency to the desired one help?

Not yet. And no.

The reason is that the server must provide an HTTP Content-Length Header and an HTTP Content-Type Header to the renderer at the start of the streaming. And presently MC calculates both Content-Length and Content-Type based on what is going in to the DSP engine and not based on what is coming out of it.

I don't think it would actually be a big amount of work to change that behavior, so I don't really understand why it has taken them so long. Probably just due to other priorities I suppose..

Freddiekaberman

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 04:45:40 pm »

Hi

JRiver 20.0.80 on Mac

DLNA server OK

options/media network/add or configure DLNA Servers

Audio
Specified output format
PCM 24 bits

Advanced
Sample rate same as source
DSP Studio

From here, on every option on the left column, I get "Playback stopped or current playback doesn't support processing".
And no effect on sound if I force equalization for example.

What did I miss?

Kind regards

Hi to all,

I am running latest version of MC20 on Win8 and have exactly the same issue as per quote above. this is valid for any of the DSP options available in the menu. Can anyone please tell me where I am going wrong?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2015, 02:17:32 am »

Are you sure that your renderer is capable of playing PCM 24 bits (L24)? It is a very uncommon format.

PS you could download the DMRA analyzer from the link in my sig, and post the test results here, to see what your renderer is capable of.

Groundhog

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 09:03:42 am »

I'm encountering the same problem reported earlier in this thread with convolution and DLNA.

I have a CAPS v4 Cortes running Win 7 Pro x64 and MC 21.0.15 configured as a DLNA server. This machine uses a Xeon CPU and has a JRMark of around 4600.
I'm using an AURALiC Aries as a DLNA renderer. They are connected over a wired gigabit network. MC is pushing music to the Aries.

I've been experimenting with DSP on the DLNA server. Gapless playback works fine, even with a dozen or more parametric EQ filters. When using convolution playback is not gapless; the gap between tracks is short - a small fraction of a second, but definitely noticeable on music that's continuous across multiple tracks.

Monitoring the performance of the server, the CPU isn't breaking a sweat (max 12%) during playback - so I don't think this is due to hardware limitations.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround to this? (I mean a workaround other than running convolution on a client PC or pre-convolving all of my music files.)

Thanks,
-Brent

LHH

• Recent member
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2015, 05:46:34 pm »

I'm a new user of JRiver, and also cannot get DSP to work properly over DLNA (I purchased JRiver solely for this feature, so it's a bit disappointing).

The DLNA server is working fine. I can happily access my library and play it back over my Yamaha NP-S2000 renderer.

The options within the "Tools>Options>Media Network>Add and Configure..." window also work fine. I can switch between 16bit and 24bit output here, and upsample/downsample by specifying a sample rate (all this functions correctly). However, nothing in the DSP studio window works (irrespective of how things are set in the  previous window: 24bit, specified output format, sample rate same as source, for example).

What I particularly want to do is use convolution filters I created using DRC Designer (which work correctly if I pre-convolve files using foobar or dBPoweramp, so there's nothing wrong with the filters). But DSP Studio always displays "Playback stopped or current playback doesn't support processing" and "Status: Not valid".

Any help greatly appreciated.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2015, 05:16:48 pm »

I'm a new user of JRiver, and also cannot get DSP to work properly over DLNA (I purchased JRiver solely for this feature, so it's a bit disappointing).

The DLNA server is working fine. I can happily access my library and play it back over my Yamaha NP-S2000 renderer.

The options within the "Tools>Options>Media Network>Add and Configure..." window also work fine. I can switch between 16bit and 24bit output here, and upsample/downsample by specifying a sample rate (all this functions correctly). However, nothing in the DSP studio window works (irrespective of how things are set in the  previous window: 24bit, specified output format, sample rate same as source, for example).

What I particularly want to do is use convolution filters I created using DRC Designer (which work correctly if I pre-convolve files using foobar or dBPoweramp, so there's nothing wrong with the filters). But DSP Studio always displays "Playback stopped or current playback doesn't support processing" and "Status: Not valid".

Any help greatly appreciated.
If you have the DLNA server set to specified output and selected the DSP studio settings from that dialog it think it should work. The conflicts are with the sample rate setting and the DSP studio settings which shouldn't affect your usage. Try something simple like an easy to hear equalizer effect first to see if you've got the configuration of DLNA correct.

LHH

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:18 pm »

If you have the DLNA server set to specified output and selected the DSP studio settings from that dialog it think it should work. The conflicts are with the sample rate setting and the DSP studio settings which shouldn't affect your usage. Try something simple like an easy to hear equalizer effect first to see if you've got the configuration of DLNA correct.

Unfortunately I still cannot get any of the DSP studio settings to work over DLNA (equalizer included). I'm attaching a screenshot of my settings -- I *think* I have everything set correctly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up