INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Problems  (Read 140371 times)

Zero_G

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: WDM Problems
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2015, 02:39:04 pm »

The problem is within JRiver WDM.  Spotify natively output through usb from pc to my dacs are no problem.  Laptop in question is Vaio Win 8.1.  JRiver MC20 audio library WASAPI to dacs also no problem.

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
WDM - JRiver taking focus away from external application.
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:29 pm »

Hi, I've managed to get everything working fairly well with Cyberlink PowerDVD but when the WDM driver (IPC Zone) takes over it's taking focus away from Cyberlink PowerDVD.

Now I can stop this from happening if I go to:
Tool ---> Options ---> Theater View ---> Behavior ---> Jump on play (audio)
and set it from:
Display View (even in playing now)
to:
None

This stops JRiver from switching to Display View and stealing focus from Cyberlink PowerDVD.
But this is no good for me when I'm using JRiver normally in Theater View and play something because then I do want it to jump to Display View.

So it seems JRiver could do with an extra feature maybe?
And that is to be able to set the above setting per zone.
Any other solution or idea welcome.

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2015, 05:40:47 pm »

Please fix the WDM driver it's been long enough now without any real commitment to getting it sorted out.

I wonder if anyone one the dev team looked into whether this was a clocking ids he as I suspected? If you use vcable (or another piece of software that can report clock speeds) and connect to the MC ASIO driver it wanders around all over the place. Could this be the same issue with the WDM maybe, the crackling sure sounds like a lock problem.

Arindelle

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2015, 11:13:32 am »

Please fix the WDM driver it's been long enough now without any real commitment to getting it sorted out.

I am not speaking for the devs, nor am I picking on Orangeart here. But I think there is a lot of commitment .. the question is whether there is something that can be sorted out or not. (or even should for that matter) Other than the Schitt dacs referred to above, which I have successful configured one for a friend of mine ... (have to admit that one is strange.), most issues have disappeared since January.

Personally, I think for the majority of people this works great ... sure there are things that could be improved upon. Its a driver after all, not an additional program function.

In saying that, a laptop connection using a digital output or USB should not have a real problem with  streaming Spotify – if JRiver is the renderer, and they are using a motherboard device using WASAPI exclusive … it shouldn't matter what laptop you have. But just because it works from an HTPC to an external DAC, and not with a laptop, IMHO, that doesn't mean necessarily it is a problem with the JRiver driver; I could jump to a conclusion that the laptop is not set up right .. not that this is the case. Or maybe the driver in the PC hasn't been upgraded since it was bought .. who can tell?

I have helped people install this on 14 systems near me ... only 2 had been a little bit problematic ... one person was using a DLNA renderer that was not totally compatible, and another was on a dirty USB connection, had zero ram, and was on a very slow internet connection streaming Flac files.

So, as I'm sure  people know that DLNA and UPnP are not universal standards like a redbook CD, Blu Ray etc. right? -- if every DLNA device was normalized to an identical spec that would be one thing, but there is no way (MY thoughts here again not the developers), that I could test equipment and configurations that I don't have access to. Not to mention problems coming from specific configurations the Windows OS (especially Windows 8 :( ) .

So, and I'm just guessing here, but how many people that have problems with noise and clicking etc. are using JRiver as the a renderer and not a DLNA device? How many are using a coax or optical connection to their "dacs", and not USB.

I'm just guessing here of course, but based on what I have seen,  a simple default “audio device” using WASAPI, (in exclusive mode, no system sounds), pushed to an external dac/receiver .. well there shouldn't be really any problems. Same with ASIO (if using the JRiver ASIO or a good USB driver like a PSAudio dac I just set up), it just works?! Now most of the guys I helped don't like USB so they are mostly on Optical or HDMI out from their HTPCs. None of them are using pre-pro AV receivers, most have dedicated external DACs. Only one was multichannel. All have Win7 64bit installed

What I'm getting to is ... have you guys that have not found a solution tried setting up with say just WASAPI from your Realtek (or other motherboard adapter)? Not pulling media from JRiver or pushing to another renderer? If your system allows you to, I'd try that. Remember you can set up a specific zone, so if you set up a different one dedicated to streaming using the WDM driver, you can always switch back automatically to your normal configurations. I realize not everyone has the possibility to do this, or maybe their USB dacs, can't work that way, but most will I think.  If this is the case maybe the devs can narrow down compatibility issues -- I severely doubt that every DLNA device is compatible, nor would every USB driver for that matter. I'm certainly not pretending to be an expert. Just trying to be logical

If there can be someplace specific to look at -- (eg. noise issues occur only with playback using external DLNA renderers, well maybe the manufacturer paid for the DLNA license stamp, but are short on some of the functions; or noise occurs only on Win 8,1 32bit;  or only using specific dac USB drivers) -- then the devs might be able to wok on something specific. I just don't know how developers could test every external variable however.

Now, if the set up is a simple default one, using JRiver as the renderer, and WASAPI or ASIO drivers. Then they should know about that. (Reading through some of the problems, I'm not that sure if anyone has set their system up that way ... ) Others are very knowledgeable, but this is, once again my opinion,  is an advanced option not an out-of-the-box-will-work-with-anything function.  I just skimmed over the post again, but I'm not sure how the set up looks like, just what hardware they are using sometimes.

Just a note on synchronization issues (audio=>video). Yes, this can be frustrating. The first time it took me 30 minutes to get it more or less right. After wards I use the BBC sync video posted in the main thread, and just lower one of the two variables usually. Are people using a syncing video to help? Its very difficult IMHO without one.

Anyway, just my 2 cents (or a hundred as it were :) ) I want everybody to be able to take advantage of this driver, and I'm not belittling the frustration this is causing. However, I think this is going to go around in circles unless it can be narrowed down to how people have actually set this up to get some kind of a pattern.

culliganman

« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2015, 12:24:38 pm »

Just wanted to add that it is not a usb dac problem, at least on my machine.
It crackles using the 3.5mm audio out jack also.
I'm not sure what dlna would have to do with my problem.
I'm just trying to listen to music off my laptop.
Two different laptops, but they are both Dell (different models) so maybe a Dell problem.
Sorry I'm not an expert so maybe what I'm saying does not make sense.
I appreciate all the help.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2015, 03:38:32 am »

I've always used the usb cable with my Nuforce Icon HDP. And jriver is set to WASAPI exclusive. Still crackles. I'm on Win 8.1 64bit. I'd be happy to supply additional info or try things, etc.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2015, 07:11:34 am »

Try adjusting the buffer.

culliganman

« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2015, 09:03:58 am »

Is there anyone experiencing the crackling problem that IS NOT using Windows 8.1?

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit version.

For those with problems could you post your Windows version?

Zero_G

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2015, 10:52:32 am »

I'm using 8.1 64 bit

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2015, 04:05:27 pm »

My computer tells me that the wdm driver caused a system crash the other day

I think it was associated with the laptop (dell xps 13 9343) sleeping but not 100% sure.

I did try to dbg it at the time but it just reported no symbols available so I couldn't really get anywhere with it, that error code is https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559329%28v=vs.85%29.aspx which seems associated with a driver that doesn't release when it's meant to (or something like that). I do have a 500M memory.dmp file if that would be useful.

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2015, 07:08:33 pm »

Try adjusting the buffer.

Thanks Jim.  This worked for me.  I've tried everything and I finally got spotify to stream through without any clicks or pops.  I set buffering to 500ms, live latency 500ms and my setting for Lynx Hilo are below:

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2015, 02:28:23 am »

I'm on 8.1.

I use various pro studio interfaces with solid ASIO drivers over FireWire. All of them will let me be glitch free without the WDM driver down to about 2ms latency but I run them at about 8 anyhow.The pro drivers for these devices report if they drop a packet and they don't, even using the WDM driver. Playing through the WDM driver with any latency setting will not yield a system that plays glitch free at all so the packets are definately being lost in the WDM driver not the ASIO stream. I have reported quite a few times using an app that can sniff the clocks (vcable) reports that the input of the jriver audio stream is requesting a clock rate that wanders around. I put forward that maybe the WDM driver just has trouble locking to this clock? I did start a thread about it and got a message that it was being looked at. That was a long while ago though. We seem to have gone backward from a position when it was acknowledged there was a problem to a point where 'change the latency' has become the default answer. It's not the answer though for some of us obviously and the time has come surely when the devs need to be engaging in an open and honest conversation about the problems. Maybe collecting log files or producing a tool to track user problems and report back to them. The days of software companies burying their head in the sand have for the most part been behind us for a few years now so I personally find this a little disappointing.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I am a bit fed up.

Stefan

Arindelle

« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2015, 05:32:52 am »

I'm on 8.1.
I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I am a bit fed up.

Stefan
Not by me you won't -- although adding that you are fed up is sort of redundant. :)  I have none of the understanding that MWilems or 638 or the devs here do. Just trying to get people to be a little empirical is all.  

[@Stefan - Actually I just read your other posts from January to which Hendrick replied to you saying it would be slow ... slow means 2, 6 months? Not that I have a clue about developing drivers, but what little I understand they normally need pretty broad testing .. maybe they should have waited a year? I'm sort of happy JRiver didn't, personally but thats just me.]

Anyways Stfan I think this is valuable info: you are also on 8.1 you are using a firewire pro interface; and reading between the lines you have some hefty dsps (like multiple convolution filters, parametric eq, etc?). Well this type of set-up, I would think, would be much more susceptible to timing issues, than streaming spotify directly to desktop speakers. Maybe you could send your results to Matt ? :)

Question -- if losing packets is so important for certain set-ups,  could poor internet connections (ping times for example) and poorly performing LAN set-ups also provoke this issue? I'm saying this as I can't understand why for the guy with the Schitt dac has problems and the one I set-up don't. My very amateur conclusion with that is that its not the DAC clocks nor the WDM driver but some other variable?

Anyway I'd say Stefan falls into one category of advanced users, the other people might not need the precision in the mean time. I think for audio streaming only (video sync would normally require lower latency), I think it would be interesting for the others on like Cullingham and Mutato   (and why not zero-dg) to try/verify a real basic set-up (see screen shot attached - not meaning to be patronizing here, guys. just in case some one who really is just starting out reads this).

With 100ms buffer and 50ms live latency using a SPDIF optical or coax if possible (@Mutato the NuForce is not async USB I think, might even sound better?) that should resolve most issues with simpler set-ups, waiting for fine tuning of the driver. If it doesn't then that could also be helpful to know more details. (btw, Dallas's 500ms seems really very high - wondering if the 100/50ms combo would work for the Lynx)

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2015, 04:39:08 am »

I would encourage the devs to actually try one of the many dacs associated with crackling talked about here and elesewhere. Hell, maybe someone would be willing to lend them one? That sounds like a lot more productive course of action than fruitlessly trying to convince the naysayers that the WDM driver is at fault.

Arindelle

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2015, 05:41:37 am »

I would encourage the devs to actually try one of the many dacs associated with crackling talked about here and elesewhere. Hell, maybe someone would be willing to lend them one? That sounds like a lot more productive course of action than fruitlessly trying to convince the naysayers that the WDM driver is at fault.
lots of DACs out there, but I'm sure they would be pleased if they got lent some :) Did you check yours with the simple config I suggested just to see, btw?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2015, 06:53:28 am »

lots of DACs out there, but I'm sure they would be pleased if they got lent some :) Did you check yours with the simple config I suggested just to see, btw?
We have quite a few.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2015, 09:44:27 am »

I did (even though your reasoning as to why it should work is flawed). It still crackles. I've spent way too much time trying to get it work in proportion to the amount of nagging I do about it here.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2015, 09:47:38 am »

Did you read this carefully?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.msg637430#msg637430

Especially this?
You may need to adjust the buffer size down in Options > Audio > Device settings.  I used 10ms.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2015, 09:52:39 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2015, 09:57:42 am »

Without re-reading the thread, what buffer sizes have you tried?  Be specific.

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2015, 10:50:36 am »

Without re-reading the thread, what buffer sizes have you tried?  Be specific.

I have tried setting the buffer size to: "Minimum hardware size", "5 milliseconds", "10 milliseconds", "25 milliseconds", "50 milliseconds", "100 milliseconds", "250 milliseconds" and "500 milliseconds".

I have also tried setting the "Live playback latency" to: "Minimum", "10 milliseconds", "20 milliseconds", "50 milliseconds", "100 milliseconds", "250 milliseconds" and "500 milliseconds".

During that last 4 months I have additionally made the effort to try any and all possible combinations of the above 15 values.

MaikR

« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

Question: any chance to fully remove the driver?
I installed the test version 20, them removed it and installed my already purchased version 19.
Now installed cakewalk sonar. That DAW wants to use MC20 driver! Why???
Shouldn't be there anymore!

And I don't want that additional driver with MC running in background while doing own music. It's about latency only.
Please advise how I can remove the driver fully.

Nevertheless: the idea is great!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2015, 04:18:12 pm »

Question: any chance to fully remove the driver?

Uncheck:
Options > General > Features > WDM Driver
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

culliganman

« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2015, 07:13:05 pm »

I recently bought a Verizon Jetpack, a wireless hotspot so I thought I would retry Spotify and the WDM driver using it.
No joy, Still crackles I'm afraid.
Anyway I thought it couldn't hurt to try and just thought I'd post my results.
And yea, I've tried every combination of buffering and latency.
Also tried two different dac's and going direct, still crackles.
Even tried a completely different laptop.

And I swear it sounds better without WDM, especially the crispness of drums, could just be me though.

senojhrj1

• Recent member
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2015, 02:39:43 pm »

BACKGROUND
Question asked previously by protonamorfo in Nov 2014:
Re: NEW: WDM Driver (Use MC for browser audio)

Which method is better to achieve the best and most straight audio path to sound card in JRiver for Windows sounds, the WDM driver or the WASAPI Loopback? Thank you in advance.

Answer provided by JimH in Nov 2014:

WASAPI.   WDM isn't available on output.  It is only used to input the sound to JRiver Media Center.

MY QUESTION PROBLEM TODAY
I have been using the Loopback WASAPI feature in MC20 to play HD YouTube music videos i.e. Laurence Juber.  The input noted in Audio Path is 96kHz 32bit 2ch.  The output noted in Audio Path is 96kHz 24bit (padded) 2ch using WASAPI. The default (unused) device is the Realtek Digital Output device.  Wonderful guitar sound through my Marantz SR6008

I decided to try the WDM driver.  I set everything up according to the recommended steps.  The same music videos played beautifully.  Then, I noticed the input and output in Audio Path.   The input noted in Audio Path is 44.1kHz 16bit 2ch.  The output noted in Audio Path is 44.1kHz 24bit (padded) 2ch using WASAPI (direct connection).

My computer is a Dell XPS8500 i7 with 64bit Windows 7.

Why the difference in the Input and Output numbers?  Did I miss some settings that would provide the higher resolution signals using the WDM driver?  What does this mean for the choices to hear the more detailed music if the the other player is providing high resolution music in 5.1? Is there something basic that I don't understand?

##############################

MORE
Regarding static, crackling, etc that I read about in the above posts, I offer this incident.  At a friends house last night, I decided to show her how to play the YouTube videos using the Loopback WASAPI feature.  She has MC19 and a Dell i7 laptop with 64bit Windows 8.1.

I could not get the Loopback WASAPI feature to work correctly.  Using the same YouTube videos that I played on my system, the music coming from the front L and R speakers was overlayed by a constant static, crackling sound.  She is planning to upgrade to MC20 so I didn't spend an enormous amount of time trying to solve. 

Are there any answers for static problems with Loopback and MC19?  I read that many of the people having static problems were using Windows 8.1 so is it the problem?

Thank you for your work and support.  MC20 is great!
Harry
Marietta GA

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2015, 04:45:32 pm »

I've tried the WDM driver on my system. Initially, it didn't work. When I tried setting the JRiver WDM driver as the default sound device and then picked properties to set the format for sample rate and bitdepth, the dialog seems to lock up without accepting my settings. The swirling circle processing icon spins indefinitely. When I try to close the dialog, I get the message "Windows Shell Common DLL is not responding." Also, the speaker setup controls don't work and will eventually generate the same error message. Without being able to adjust the WDM driver settings, I am stuck with the audio getting downsampled to 16 bit/ 44.1 KHz, which is the default sample rate/bitdepth.

After rebooting my PC, I was able to get the JRiver WDM driver working and make the adjustment described above. It seems to work pretty well, but using my Microsoft MCE remote is a little screwy. I had MC20 running in the background, and when I run Windows Media Center to watch TV, the remote is controlling both applications. Buttons on the remote might trigger one command for one app and something else for the other. For example, if you pick the green button, WMC goes to the main menu, simultaneously, MC20 displays the main Theater View screen. Even though you are running WMC, Theater View takes over the screen.

Also, the volume control with the remote is weird. The range or scale is different between WMC and MC20. When you use the remote to adjust the volume with WMC, the setting may say '20', but it could still be fairly quiet. Normally that setting was pretty loud. With WMC's volume set to 50, it should be at full volume, but it is not. When I adjust the volume to 0 (mute) there is still sound.

Since this PC doesn't normally run Media Server (we usually load the library from a different PC on our network), I hadn't tried it with just Media Server in the background. With just Media Server running, we no longer have any volume control with our Microsoft MCE remote. Even after launching MC20, I still can't control WMC's volume using my remote. It "sort-of" worked with MC20's volume control set to 'internal volume'. I can no longer get it to work. Now the only way I can adjust the volume is to move the slider with my mouse.

My audio device is an Echo AudioFire 8. I'm running it in ASIO mode in MC20. It doesn't work in WASAPI or Kernal Streaming mode. I tried it in Direct Sound mode and it works, but not as well as it does in ASIO mode.

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2015, 09:51:04 pm »

I can't get the WDM driver to show up in the windows default sound device dialog. I just installed the latest build of MC 20 (trial, currently on 18), enabled the WDM driver in MC options, restarted the PC, installed MC 20 again, and restarted again... what am I missing?

ctvick

• Recent member
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2015, 04:57:35 pm »

Hello,

Sat down today to listen to my headphones and noticed that they didn't sound as good as they normally do, so after some digging, I found that the jriver driver had disappeared. I have no idea how it happen. I downloaded another copy of jriver and reinstalled it, but at the end of the install I got "removing WDM driver". For some reason the program is unable to install the driver. The driver worked perfectly before it went missing.

Occasionally when I start jriver it'll reinstall by itself for no apparent reason so I suspect that the driver was removed during a reinstall.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2015, 05:08:22 pm »

In build 96 and above, the feature is off by default.  Please turn it on in Tools > Options > General > Features.  You may need to install again.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »

To everyone who is missing the WDM driver, go to Options-->General-->Features and check the box next to the WDM driver.  The driver now defaults to off and as part of the switch it may have unchecked the setting for you. You should only have to re-enable it once (I only had to do it once).

EDIT: whoops, ninja'd by Jim. I'll leave this here anyway.

ctvick

• Recent member
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2015, 05:40:04 pm »

That's all it was.. thanks for the quick response!

ecwleung

« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2015, 03:20:47 pm »

Like Andrewt & ctvick, my JRiver automatically updated from v.93 to v.103 and the WDM driver disappeared on my desktop and dedicated music mini-desktop. On my laptop, the WDM driver never disappeared. I tried turning on the WDM option like Andrewt and re-installing like the forum/JimH/Matt suggested and the WDM driver never showed up in Playback Devices under Windows 8.1. I even completely uninstalled JRiver 20 and re-installed the program and the driver still didn't show up. Is there a bug in the update or in the "auto" install when you check off the WDM driver box in Tools/Options/General/Features?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »

Did you try rebooting?

ecwleung

« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2015, 08:14:01 pm »

I think I've tried everything I can think of, including rebooting several times. Short of wiping the machine and re-installing Windows, I'm out of ideas. I have to admit my regular desktop and laptop didn't run into this problem. Not sure why. My laptop installed without a glitch. My desktop did uninstall the driver but I was able to re-install it. When I installed JRiver on my mini-desktop the install process displays that WDM driver is being installed but nothing gets added as a Windows playback device each time. And I must have reinstalled JRiver 10 times on that machine. I've tried making sure JRiver doesn't automatically launching startup. I've tried disabling my audio drivers while installing JRiver. Maybe someone else will run into the same problem and let you know and you can figure it out. Or maybe it'll just fix itself with the next release. I will survive. After all the manipulations, I also realize that I can no longer open a Live stream in JRiver either. Not sure why. I've gone back to listening to Tidal in Chrome without capturing the stream in JRiver. I use the program to remove two minor room peaks so I'll manage without the parametric EQ.

vayra

« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2015, 03:59:47 pm »

Hi everyone , I too have the same problem after the upgrade to the 103 wdm are no longer installed

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2015, 04:57:37 pm »

Hi everyone , I too have the same problem after the upgrade to the 103 wdm are no longer installed

You need to manually enable the feature in Options > General > Features > WDM Driver.  Then install again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

vayra

« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2015, 05:04:37 pm »

thanks for the reply , but I've done that and it does not work

ecwleung

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2015, 06:09:38 pm »

I just thought of the fact that my mini-music desktop runs Windows 8.1 32-bit, whereas my laptop runs Windows 8.1 64-bit and the desktop runs Windows 7 64-bit. I'm not sure if the WDM driver install and the Open Live WASAPI Loopback problem is related to 32-bit Windows. Maybe not...

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2015, 10:55:07 pm »

I've tried rebooting and reinstalling multiple times (WDM driver is checked in JRiver options). I noticed that JRiver appears as an output in particular programs, but not the main windows playback devices dialog. I'm running Vista 32 bit. So it looks like the driver is installed...? How can I make it show up? I have a Presonus Firestudio as my main sound device using ASIO if that makes any difference.

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2015, 04:00:48 am »

You may be seeing the JRiver ASIO driver, and not the JRiver WDM driver in those applications.
I wish I could help you, but I am having similar issues.

Every time I update now, the driver is being removed from my system (Windows 8.1 x64) despite the feature being enabled.

I have also started to get crackling during playback which was not an issue prior to 20.0.96 and had to increase the buffer size, throwing audio out of sync.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »

Looks like they figured it out. Last few posts in the v20.0.106 build thread.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ecwleung

« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2015, 07:21:05 pm »

Just tried installing 20.0.108 on my mini-music desktop (CAPSv3 Carbon). WDM Driver still didn't show up in Windows Audio Playback Devices. But then I finally figured out I screwed up the configuration for WASAPI Loopback before so at least that works. Still don't know if the WDM problem is related specifically to my mini-desktop or not.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2015, 07:29:19 pm »

Just tried installing 20.0.108 on my mini-music desktop (CAPSv3 Carbon). WDM Driver still didn't show up in Windows Audio Playback Devices.

You still have to enable it manually in Tools > Options > General > Features. Otherwise, it'll never show up.

And, as mentioned above, the system might act a bit crazy if you're running as a Standard (non-Admin) user in Windows.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

handliner

• Recent member
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2015, 02:06:30 pm »

Trying to get WDM setup, think that I am close. Let me explain. I am running Windows 8.1, 20.0.108 installed on my desktop computer. I have two powered speakers setup on this computer with a Meridian Explorer2 dac. I created a new zone and have it configured, under audio options using the same Audio Device setting as I am using for the player (two powered speakers) Meridian Explorer 2 USB DAC audio (WASAPI). Under Windows Playback devices I have JRiver Media Center selected as the default playback device. The buffer has been set to 10ms as recommended, Other buffer settings have been tried without any success. When I test the Speakers in Windows Sound I hear two sounds one for each speaker, when JRiver Media Center 20 is tested nothing is heard although the meter is moving indicating sound is being played. At this time I am playing a youtube video and the display screen of the new zone that was created is counting time then Live (1:25/Live ) the Spectrum Analyzer is also moving. Any ideas?

Sipheren

• Recent member
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2015, 06:26:51 am »

I am having the same issues as above, it just will not show up in the sound settings. Have unchecked and rechecked, rebooted, etc.

This is a fresh install of Win 8.1 (64-bit) on a Brix 4010.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sipheren

• Recent member
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2015, 06:53:15 pm »

Are there any solutions to this issue?

I uninstalled JRiver and reinstalled to see if that would help but still nothing. I check the WDM box under features, it gives me the prompt, says it's installed and I need to restart JRiver. I do that, go to Windows Sound and nothing.

I see there are 2 dll's under drivers in the JRiver install dir, can I just move these somewhere to install them manually, I just want to force this to install so I can use it again.

Side note, before I reformatted the Brix this was running perfectly, so I have no idea why now the plugin just will not install.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2015, 08:49:26 pm »

Make sure you're using the latest build from the top of this board.  It's 20.0.108.

Sipheren

• Recent member
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2015, 08:59:39 pm »

Make sure you're using the latest build from the top of this board.  It's 20.0.108.

Thanks for that, I was downloading it from the homepage (which I figured would be the newest), turns out that was 103 not 108.

All working now.

Cheers

handliner

• Recent member
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2015, 05:12:07 pm »

Well I am getting closer but still need help. I am running MC 20.0.108 and at this time, I am playing youtube with JRiver Media center 20 as my playback device in Windows 8.1. thru the new local zone that I have created. Perfect playback. What I need, is to play Tidal, Pandora, youtube, Amazon prime music library, etc. thru Dynamic zones, the most important zone is (Squeezebox classic 3). Could someone try to help me figure this out, I have spent many hours trying to configure the dynamic zones, but am not getting anywhere.

val6807

• Recent member
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:26 am »

Hi guys,

I would be grateful to get  any recommendations regarding the followings:
After installing new WDM, I faced extremely high-volume sharp noise appearing really randomize while playing youtube streaming files. it surely can hurt any speaker and I shall very appreciate your help to fixing the issue.

Regards,
Val
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up