INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android -- Now available  (Read 261952 times)

Inquisition

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2015, 02:11:57 am »

Yesterday when I hear music I see that the remaining time of the tracks didn't show correct in playing now window.

The first track I heard the remaining time we're shown correctly, when the next track starts the time will not start new and show the time of the new track, it runs the time of the first track again and will go to minus (for example - 00.20     - 00.55      -02.22 and so on).
The correct time only shows when I leave for a short moment the playing now window and go back to it.

I don't know if this already is a known error so I post it.

My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

trazom

• Love & Peace
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2015, 11:16:56 am »

Thank you very much for this great app - just bought it and already found almost everything I need - keep on!

dodesign

« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:15 am »

Dear JRiver/JRemote,

Thanks for bring this jremote to Android.
I use jremote with jriver for years and I really love them. I run JRiver on Windows Server 2012 with Audiophile Optimizer. With iOS JRemote I can use with my setup with no problem. But with current of Android version, JRiver just stop connection with jremote after a few sec when I try to list my album on jremote. Album cover showed on screen for a few album then it just stop. After this only restarting my pc can let JRemote(iOS) connect to JRiver again.

I just move from iphone to Samsung Note4. I hope this Android version will get to perfect working like iOS version soon..

Best Regards,
Supachai C.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available for testing
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2015, 09:36:16 am »

Posted this on the G+ group, then noticed the note about issue tracking here, so I'm moving it over to this thread:

I just installed the app and went to setup my server connections and noticed an issue.  I have two different JRiver installs, one that I expose to the outside world (server) and one that I do not (HTPC).  The HTPC reads the server's library, but I never connect to that one outside of my network.  I wasn't paying attention and typed in the HTPC's access key from my 4g connection.  It proceeded to tell me I was connected, but I was really connected to the other access key on my network (the server).

Once I connected to my wifi, I needed to delete the duplicate server from JRemote and re-add the HTPC key.  It's worth noting that when I looked at the two servers in JRemote, they had different access keys, but pointed to the same IP (my external IP).

FYI - I had this issue again.  

The HTPC was off, the server was on, but I was on my local wifi.  I opened JRemote, connected to the HTPC, but JRemote was pulling the library, view, etc from the server.  JRemote showed the library key for the HTPC, but was showing all the info from the other device on my network.  It's like JRemote validates the username/ password, local IP, then outside IP, but doesn't validate the library key when connecting.

To solve this, I had to close JRemote, turn on the HTPC, wait for it to boot up, then reconnect with JRemote.  Then it connected to the HTPC and not the server.  When I would do this with Gizmo, it would attempt to connect to the local IP, send a wake up packet, then give me a "could not connect" message until the HTPC was on.  

Thanks!

rikirk

• Recent member
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2015, 10:16:59 pm »

Hi there.
I would like to know if switching libraries is going to be a feature of JRemote for Android in the near future. I use the app daily on lollipop to run my main system and I am very happy with the first beta release. Thank you for the hard work!

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2015, 11:33:29 pm »

Found an issue when viewing my library on JRemote - Android.  I have several albums called "Duet" that are all from different artists.  While they exist fine in JRiver with different Album Artists, they are concatenated in JRemote - so I now have it shown as one album call Duets with 70+ tracks.

Can this be addressed?

sorepinky

« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2015, 05:15:06 am »

Just reporting that after an auto-update to MC 20.0.93, the full sized cover art issue that I posted about previously seems to have been resolved.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2015, 01:59:47 am »

Finally I'm in! And I must say I love it!  ;D One thing, though (leave it to me to find something related to zones...): It takes around 10-15 seconds from choosing a new zone and until it shows in the playback window. Isn't that a bit long? Gizmo does jump back to the home screen when I change zones, but when I go into the Playing Now within a second or two (as fast as I can press the screen, really) it will have changed to the correct zone, with the correct track being ready. If it matters this computer has 12 zones.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Spike1000

« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2015, 06:32:48 am »

Installed 20.0.8 on two Android devices last night (5.01 and 5.1).

Took a few minutes for me to get it to connect to either my MC (20.0.93) or one of my JRiver installs running as DNLA renderers (also 20.0.93); all running on Windows 7.

Restarted the App and generally 'fiddled' with it a bit and it made the connection to all 3 devices. Once I got it  connected it then took a while/bit of fiddling to get the players to appear as actual 'Players' and have the content streamed to them rather than play on the actual MC itself (which has no audio output devices attached!).

So it took me longer than with Gizmo to get the 'source' and play to 'destination' working, but I think I understand it now and have got it to JRemote to reconnect to the last used settings when re-launched so that helps with being able to remote control things really quickly when I want to start playing music again after it's been stopped.

A few points I've seen while playing with it:
1) Took me ages to find the 'play list' screen. I could clearly see the currently playing screen, but didn't think to swipe left to see the 'list screen' as nothing hinted at it being there. . .
2) The time remaining goes negative on streaming radio (other people have reported negative times as well)
3) The "Frequency/bits kb/s" information (bottom right) is not so useful when streaming radio, sometimes they are all '0' sometimes just blank, sometimes I have frequency and bits but no kb/s. It depends on the meta data for that steam saved in the playlist, but it might be worth tailoring what's displayed depending on what metadata is available.
4) In the meta data display I'm assuming there's a typeo as I see "Compressio" rather than "Compression".

The on screen volume control is an excellent feature, something that I always felt was missing from Gizmo.

Not sure if this would be possible. but it would be nice to see the 'Audio Path' feature implemented just so I can verify it's still 'blue'. (One of my renderers restarted after installing windows updates and as the USB DAC was powered off JRiver defaulted to the JRiver output device. I thought things didn't sound correct. I had to 'remote' onto windows on the renderer and see what was wrong - my just be my fault for not having my "Windows 'ID'" set up in an optimal way  :) )

All in all a nice App, just took me a little bit of perseverance to work it all out from cold.

Spike

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2015, 07:08:29 am »

A new build is on its way to the Play Store. As always, it'll be a few hours until its available everywhere.

20.0.9 / 9 (04/17/2015)

1. Fixed: Playing an unsupported format with native playback enabled will automatically use transcoding.
2. NEW: Support for the Hardware Volume Up/Down buttons.
3. Fixed: Switching zone will properly refresh the Playing Now cover art.
4. Changed: Duration/Remaining Time in Playing Now will be hidden when not available, instead of showing negative numbers.

------

Regarding (1), the only native formats right now are MP3, AAC and FLAC.
Currently, we are limited by the format support of Android and the built-in MediaPlayer, but we may extend this further in the future.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

ericchoicw

• Recent member
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2015, 11:02:41 am »

Hi

I am downloaded JRemote for my Samsung Note 4, but could not connect to the server.
My computer' OS is Windows 7 and using  ESET Smart Security 8 Antivirus sofware.
My Router is TP-link AC 750 and was set the port forwarding to 52199.
I don't known which proceedure was wrong, can you help me?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:06 pm »

I will move this to a new thread later.

Are you connecting from your own LAN or from another location?

Please see the wiki topic on Network Access.

audiolover

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2015, 12:27:50 pm »

Is it possible to make the next release Android 4.0 compatible?

Al ex

Re: Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »

Is it possible to make the next release Android 4.0 compatible?
You mean Android 5 ?

audiolover

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2015, 12:35:39 pm »

No, I mean 4.0. I want to use my older tablet.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2015, 01:49:02 pm »

There are no plans to lower the requirement at this time. We use a bunch of functionality only available in 4.1 and up.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

drc

• World Citizen
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2015, 03:36:54 pm »

Can someone clarify and point me in the right direction regarding Gizmo...

Got it up an running... like how it works but need clarification.

What's the difference between the New Gizmo ($7.99) and the Free Gizmo... the free gizmo I've tested only thing it disconnects sometimes, but I'm fairly new to streaming.  Took me a moment to configure port...

If the new Gizmo makes a smoother connection, I'll buy it...  Will there be a trial Gizmo?

Thanks

Spike1000

« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2015, 04:44:29 am »

FYI. . .
20.0.9 - Reproducible crash:

Audio | Playlists | Smartlists | Audio-All then tap the search magnifying glass (the items have not loaded at this point).

'Unfortunately , JRemote has stopped'

Seems to crash on any Smartlist that has not yet displayed the items in the list and 'search' is selected.

Android 5.01 and 5.1

Spike

ericchoicw

• Recent member
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2015, 04:47:27 am »

Hi JimH

I am connecting to my own LAN.

I was followed the procedure to set the port, the firewall and the MC, but still could not connect ?

Thank you for you reply.

Spike1000

« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2015, 05:22:30 am »

Scroll Bars:

It might just be my 'fat fingers' or the small screens on my phone/tablet but I find the 'hot spot' for the tiny scroll bars is a bit on the small side so it's a bit and miss at times when you want to scroll 'super fast' to the bottom of a long long list.

Gizmo has a translucent square that appears after a second and presents a bigger 'hot spot' for my finger and seems to provide a more accurate scroll experience than JRemote at the moment.

Only been using the app for a day or so now, but it's working well.

Cheers

Spike

Spike1000

« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2015, 05:28:04 am »

I was followed the procedure to set the port, the firewall and the MC, but still could not connect ?

Have you tried to see if Gizmo will connect?

Have you tried restarting your tablet?

Took me a couple of goes to get JRemote to 'settle' and see everything it should, been fine ever since.

Spike

Spike1000

« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2015, 05:39:33 am »

JRemote seems to forget the 'view' selected when viewing an album track listing when the album is changed. It defaults back to "one line of text, no thumbnail" for the new album.

I use the 2nd setting "3 lines of text and thumbnail" as I like to see the artist rather than just the track for compilations. (the 3rd setting is thumbnails with text underneath)

Can there be an option under settings for the "default track list display" or can JRemote remember the last setting selected and not apply the default every time a new album track listing is displayed?

Cheers

Spike

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2015, 07:11:03 am »

Hi JimH

Thank you for you reply.
If the phone and the computer are on the same LAN, you don't need to do anything with the router.

Just turn on Media Network on the computer in MC's options, then use the Access Key you get there when you run the remote on your phone.

The wiki has topics on Access Key and Media Network.

ravanello

• Recent member
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2015, 10:05:06 am »

Can I install JRemote for 2 devices ( phone and tablet) ?

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2015, 10:53:31 am »

Gizmo works but I can't open the new JRemote. It asks for user name and access key (6 characters). I use the same as I have for Gizmo and what is visble in options/media network. The reply I get back is that "it has to be 6 caracters". But it is and I know no other user name or key of 6 characters.

I'm running W8.1 and Samsung Galaxy.

What is wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2015, 10:55:39 am »

There was another similar problem reported about a week ago and it had to do with the way the data was entered.  Something was adding a space, I think.

arixey

• Recent member
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2015, 11:06:26 am »

I just installed this on my Moto X (first generation).  It works great when I'm on the same LAN as my server, but when I'm using 3g or 4g it won't play anything to the device.

I can connect to the server just fine, browse and search, everything appears to be there.  But when I try to play to my device, nothing ever gets added to the playing now list.  Pop ups appear and say that the song/album/playlist is added, but nothing ever happens.  I've tried turning transcoding on and off, and used all three quality settings.  Gizmo works fine in this situation.  Any help?

Fex

• World Citizen
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2015, 01:45:25 pm »

Gizmo works but I can't open the new JRemote. It asks for user name and access key (6 characters). I use the same as I have for Gizmo and what is visble in options/media network...

Same problems here. This helped for me:

Tools>Options>Media Network: Deacivate "Authentication". Try to connect again.
If it connects (so on my side) set in MC a second step new user name and password and try to connect again with these new ones via Galaxy.

By the way: I love it!  ;D

daek

• Recent member
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

Hi folks!

I tested jremote but decided to not buy it because it does not have the functionality with editing metadata as is suggested.
For me there are the following issues when tagging with jremote:

1) I can only see tags with values, so how can I add a value to an empty tag?
2) Will there be an option to filter tags that I want to tag like in jriver?
3) When I changed a tag and touched 'save', the screen did note close, instead I had to touch back in android.
4) When I changed a tag with a value, that was not in the 'acceptable values' within the library, the result was that jriver just cleared the old value.

Will there be any improvements with the edit metadata functionality?

Is there any full feature description of jremote? For me it is not really clear if there is any benefit to eos...

Thx!

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2015, 03:31:59 pm »

just an fyi...still no successful video playback on s4.

* i'll wait to comment again, until i notice video playback in future version release mentioned.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2015, 10:00:12 pm »

Do I need to pay separately for each device it is installed on?
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

nsxelent

• Recent member
« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2015, 01:53:12 am »

Loving JRemote on my Samsung Note 4 w/ portable Oppo HA-2 DAC/Amp!  So far audio, video, navigation, tag editing, ratings all work great.  Bit-perfect with native audio option sounds fantastic!  I do wish DSD/DSF files could stream to my DAC without transcoding but otherwise it's doing everything I had hoped for.

Thanks!!

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2015, 03:36:30 am »

3. Fixed: Switching zone will properly refresh the Playing Now cover art.

Thanks! That fixed my problem too, it seems. It wasn't just the cover art, the playing track info took just as long to change. Keep up the great work!

ericchoicw

• Recent member
« Reply #233 on: April 19, 2015, 04:59:03 am »

I got the Access Key, turn on Media Network, and I restart my phone, my router.........
But still not working, failed to connect ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2015, 06:30:59 am »

Did you try the Play Store?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2015, 06:32:48 am »

I got the Access Key, turn on Media Network, and I restart my phone, my router.........
But still not working, failed to connect ?
Try turning Media Network off and back on.  That will generate a new Access Key.

ericchoicw

• Recent member
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2015, 11:25:55 am »

I tried to turn off and on the Media Network, but it generated the sam Access Key!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2015, 11:29:16 am »

I tried to turn off and on the Media Network, but it generated the sam Access Key!

try to open server/ tools/options/media network/ left click Access Key, chose reset.

ericchoicw

• Recent member
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2015, 11:52:09 am »

Yes, I reset My MC20 and Media Network. I got a new Access Key, but still failed to connect. :o

HTPC4ME

« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2015, 11:55:34 am »

you try by chance, clicking on test connection to server (same steps as above)
verify ports open?

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2015, 08:10:00 pm »

Hi,
I have been using JRemote since quite a while on a Samsung Note II.
Even on wifi, I can't get it to play video (same as xtacbyme reported?).
Also, I am missing the bottom information bar (with the play and next command), when i swipe from playing now screen in order to get to the files list.
It it present on almost all screens but this one?
Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

Ekpen

« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2015, 10:43:51 pm »

There was another similar problem reported about a week ago and it had to do with the way the data was entered.  Something was adding a space, I think.

Greetings:
That was my issue which made me crazy for almost 12 days. It is fixed now.
Check your default keyboard.. go to Input and language.
Your handset may be using US keyboard type, or just use the Samsung keyboard to key in your info.
Disable all "options" related to the keyboard.

George

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2015, 04:57:41 am »

Feel like an idiot here, but I tried to find the Playing now list in JRemote, and I couldn't! Isn't it there, or was I just blind? I wanted to get in there to remove a track that I had added twice by accident.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2015, 05:07:11 am »

Swipe to the right on the playing now screen.

Wonder how it can be made more obvious that its there..
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2015, 05:09:01 am »

Aha! Well, it doesn't have to be more obvious to me. I'm embarassed that I didn't think of that before. I tried swiping both up and down, but never thought about from the right!  :-[

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2015, 10:30:54 am »

I'm seeing strange and inconsistent behavior when using JRemote's volume slider to remote control a system with volume protection enabled.  Sometimes it seems to ignore volume protection (which is scary), other times it seems to register a change to a higher volume in the JRemote UI, but the MC instance being controlled will report a different volume making future volume changes hard to manage (JRemote will report a volume setting that does not correspond to the actual volume setting on the remote controlled system). 

Gizmo seems to handle this issue fine, but it obviously doesn't have a graphical volume bar...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2015, 10:40:00 am »

JRemote just calls the MCWS SetVolume function, if that ignores volume protection, don't blame the poor JRemote!  :'(

A slider is always going to act funny with volume protection, as it may reset back to a lower value or something.
I should probably make it always update to MCs reported volume after a set action just to avoid any differences.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2015, 10:44:52 am »

JRemote just calls the MCWS SetVolume function, if that ignores volume protection, don't blame the poor JRemote!  :'(

A slider is always going to act funny with volume protection, as it may reset back to a lower value or something.
I should probably make it always update to MCs reported volume after a set action just to avoid any differences.

Sorry if I came on a little strong; volume protection is an issue close to my heart as my living room system would put out about 110dB at 100% volume.  Anytime I see apparent volume control issues I dive for cover  ;D

I'd be happy if it worked like MC's standard view slider bar where it only moves as fast as volume protection will allow (refusing to allow too high/too fast settings, jerking the dot back to the current reported setting, etc.). 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2015, 10:55:09 am »

Volume Protection seems to be working fine, with one caveat - when you drag the volume bar, JRemote increases the volume as you drag along (once every 300ms or so), not only once you let go. This can partly bypass the 5% volume protection limit if you drag or hold long enough, as it will simply send the same value again and again to MC until it reached it, in 5% increments.
Not sure if it would be better to just get rid of this "smooth" volume change, but it seems otherwise like a neat thing to have.

I also made it reliably report MCs actual volume after a volume change.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2015, 11:02:41 am »

Volume Protection seems to be working fine, with one caveat - when you drag the volume bar, JRemote increases the volume as you drag along (once every 300ms or so), not only once you let go. This can partly bypass the 5% volume protection limit if you drag or hold long enough, as it will simply send the same value again and again to MC until it reached it, in 5% increments.
Not sure if it would be better to just get rid of this "smooth" volume change, but it seems otherwise like a neat thing to have.

I think I could see arguments either way on the behavior it only continued to increase if you continued to hold/drag.  5% at 300ms intervals still comports with the volume protection spec (no more than 20% increase per second).  What I definitely don't want is a single press and release at 80% gradually increasing the volume to 80%!  

I also made it reliably report MCs actual volume after a volume change.

I think that will resolve the biggest issue as I'd have it showing 80% when the MC instance was only showing 25% or something, and it made subsequent volume changes very confusing.  I'm pretty sure I managed to get a too quick ramp up at one point, but I may have pressed and held without fully realizing it.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up