INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.74 -- Available Here  (Read 17202 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.74 -- Available Here
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190074.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.74 (11/11/2013)

1. Faster: Acquiring images from an Android (or other WPD device) using Action Window > Camera is much faster.
2. Fixed: Possible crashes due to internal optimizations in the last couple builds.

19.0.73 (11/7/2013)

1. Changed: INI files are stored at UTF-8 instead of UTF-16 (only applies to portable installs and library backups).
2. Fixed: Possible crash serving cover art with the web service in build 72.

19.0.72 (11/6/2013)

1. Changed: Revision to how threading is managed when starting video playback (attempt to work around a sporadic hang on some systems when starting video playback).
2. Fixed: Some files could trigger unnecessarily as having external changes in build 70 and 71.
3. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Handheld/Sync to the web service.
4. SDK: MCWS/v1/Control/MCC can optionally wait for the command to finish before returning by setting Block=1.
5. Faster: Improved the concurrency of MCWS (previously calling the same function multiple times at once would cause the calls to take turns).
6. NEW: TV recording rules allow optionally specifying tags to apply to the recordings they make (similar to how auto-import folder tagging works).
7. Faster: Reduced the chance that clicking a list item will block until the drive spins up or the network path is tried.
8. Faster: When checking for the existence of a missing network drive, which can be slow on Windows, checking the state of other drives from other threads will not also be blocked.

19.0.71  (11/6/2013)

1. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.59.1. (Thanks, Hendrik)
2. Changed: When the library is empty, Library Server won't expose itself to other copies of Media Center on the network.
3. Changed: When television playback gets too close to the front edge of the time-shifting buffer, MC will pause video briefly until enough data are buffered.

19.0.70 (11/4/2013)

1. Changed: When playing audio calibration clips, shuffle mode is ignored and Playing Now is automatically displayed.
2. Fixed: When acquiring images from a memory card that had a volume name, the memory card could appear two ways in the list of sources (WPD and drive).
3. Changed: Revised how system file times are mapped to internal times to work around a legacy Windows issue with regard to DST (should be internal change, but could cause some file times to shift by an hour when updating library).
4. Fixed: The CD burning 'Status' column was not repainting nicely as a burn progressed.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
6. NEW: Added the ability for 'Clean File Properties' to move articles back to the front of a value (i.e. change 'Beatles, The' to 'The Beatles').
7. NEW: The option to move articles, ignore articles, etc. uses a list that includes English, Spanish, German, and French articles.

19.0.68 (11/1/2013)

1. Fixed: Starting playback in linked zones could crash in rare cases when using WASAPI.
2. Changed: Improved support for Theater View captions that use multiple lines (better display in lists, rollers, etc.)
3. Changed: When drawing mixed size text to a single line, the text system will vertically center the smaller text instead of top align it.
4. Faster: The skinning engine is faster at drawing user interface elements (it's now considerably faster than MC18 and earlier, even when using high resolution skin images).
5. Fixed: DVB television channels with E-AC3 audio stream were not found during channel scanning.
6. Changed: Pressing enter in a wizard could close the wizard without running the finish code.

19.0.67 (10/31/2013)

1. NEW: Zones and users are exposed on the top roller in Theater View views (only shown if you have multiple zones or multiple user accounts).
2. Changed: The Info button on an MCE remote will show Theater View Playing Now when in Theater View (and continue to show the OSD when in Display View).
3. Changed: Switched F11 and Shift+F11 so that F11 is equivalent to the green button on an MCE remote (and shift F11 will loop including Standard View).
4. Fixed: File path category grouping was not working properly in some cases.

19.0.66 (10/30/2013)

1. Changed: When doing real-time DSD output, changes of input sample rate will restart the hardware (otherwise an undesired resampler can end up in the audio chain).
2. Fixed: When switching output encoding to AC3, the channels box would switch to '4 channels' but not save the setting correctly so that playback could fail until you manually changed another setting on the page.
3. Changed: When searching for backdrop images from htbackdrops.org, artist mis-spellings will be better handled.
4. Changed: Updated YouTube integration to work better with recent YouTube changes.
5. NEW: CAF formatted audio files that contain Linear PCM data can now be played in JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in).
6. Fixed: Drawing of smooth transitions could blink incorrectly.
7. Fixed: WMA encoding was not working properly since build 19.0.34.

19.0.65 (10/28/2013)

1. Changed: For clarity, it's no longer possible to open DSP Studio for the format converter unless the option to apply DSP is on.
2. Fixed: Custom video mode settings were not being stored in the new zone options location, causing them to not clone properly to a new zone (requires manually (re)configuring settings one time before cloning).
3. Fixed: Some volume settings would not reliably clone to a new zone.
4. Faster: Improved the performance of gets on the filename field in the database by around 15%.
5. Faster: The FileFolder(...) expression is about twice as fast.

19.0.64 (10/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Multiple devices with the same name could cause playback to target the wrong device in some cases with WASAPI.
2. Fixed: Padded bitdepths could sound incorrect with build 63.
3. Fixed: Build 63 would not update list item text properly after an in-place edit.

19.0.63 (10/25/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for CAF audio files in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters).
2. Fixed: ASIO playback to big-endian devices might not have worked correctly.
3. Faster: Categories based on file path are faster.
4. Faster: Improved performance of core list and tree user interface component (helps  performance of fill, update, etc.).

19.0.62 (10/24/2013)

1. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output using DoP (configure in DSP Studio > Output Format).
2. Faster: Speed improvements to date handling that help performance in many areas of the program.
3. NEW: MC will import Apple "media type" ('stik' atom) value from mp4/m4v/m4a files, and map it to "Media Sub Type" field in MC.
4. Changed: Changed how MC builds DirectShow graph for Hauppauge HVR 1950 USB TV tuner device so video quality is better.
5. Changed: MC will use correct analog TV standard according to user configured country code, instead of relying on user configuring standard manually.
6. Changed: Removed extra entries for Greece from the countries list in television configuration.
7. Fixed: Preventing the display from turning off during audio playback works properly with playback in multiple zones.
8. Internal: Revised how menu tracking works (should be internal, but please report any menu related issues).
9. Fixed: A corrupted sorting cache file in app data folder could cause the program to fail to run.
10. Fixed: Lists were not always updating color information when switching skins.
11. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
12. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code.

19.0.60 (10/22/2013)

1. Fixed: Playing DSD content on Gizmo was not working nicely.
2. Fixed: High resolution minimize, maximize, and close buttons were not working properly with some windows.
3. Fixed: Possible deadlock in the server core when seeking Gizmo video.

19.0.59 (10/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Rainmeter was not working with the native CD Art Display support (remember to edit the Rainmeter player name to 'CAD').
2. Fixed: If loading a DLNA device's service failed (maybe because the device was turned off), the device could enter a permanent error state and not work properly even once it was turned back on.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: During drawing of the program, image data used for debugging could be put on the clipboard.
5. Fixed: MC saved incorrect country code for television, causing problems such as defaulting tuners to wrong type.
6. SDK: When rendering a skin item at a scale less than the skin item's native scale, any fixed sized borders will be shrunk accordingly.
7. SDK: Scrollbar skinning supports glyph overlays so that the arrow aspect ratio can always be correct regarless of scaling.
8. Changed: Updated Noire skin with high resolution resources (still a work in progress).
9. Changed: Reduced the amount of logging and computation in JR Bitrate Monitor filter.

19.0.58 (10/18/2013)

1. NEW: Added native CD Art Display support (thanks to poiru for his previous work here).
2. Fixed: Some MCC notification messages had their index shifted in the last few builds, causing possible problems with third-party plugins.
3. Changed: Encoder configuration dialogs work better with size settings other than 100%.
4. Changed: Library views (Playing Now > Playing From) work better with size settings other than 100%.

19.0.57 (10/17/2013)

1. Fixed: When converting audio to WAV format, the RIFF chunk size could be set wrong by 8 bytes.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Changed: The skinning engine uses high quality supersampling to shrink skin images so that high resolution enabled skins look better.
4. Fixed: Seeking of video was not working with Gizmo in the last two builds.
5. Changed: MC will fix incorrectly written root chunk size of WAV and AIFF files during tag writing.
6. Changed: Revised image drawing to only require SSE2 for acceleration instead of SSSE3.
7. Fixed: YouTube music video playback was not working.

19.0.56 (10/10/2013)

1. Fixed: In Theater View, when a dialog was shown, moving the mouse outside the dialog could shift the focus away and lead to problems.
2. Fixed: In some cases, the Genre value would not be retrieved for an episode when doing a TheTVDB lookup.
3. Changed: MP4 files are loaded and tested for media type before they are analyzed so audio files will not need to be sent to video engine.
4. Fixed: MP4 input plugin registration did not register 3GA file type correctly.

19.0.55 (10/9/2013)

1. Fixed: Sound Check values were not being written to the iPod's database during upload.
2. Faster: Improvements to the DLNA server to make it perform better under high load.
3. Faster: Speed enhancements to core XML code (used in many places in the program).
4. Fixed: Fixed a typo on the MP3 input plugin configuration dialog.
5. Changed: When using output encoding (AC3, DSD, DoP) the output plugin will no longer be restarted between tracks when the input sample rate changes.
6. Fixed: Double-click from an image preview view could crash.
7. Changed: VOB subtitle durations are better honored.

sunfire7

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.74 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:23:32 pm »

On Win 8.1, Media Server doesn't start at startup
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:18:54 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:20:44 am »

igor

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:51:19 am »

Hi! I decided to write to you, it is this version 74, that is doing something with the tempo of the music, the feed rate was gone, everything sounds volyazhno drawl. Neither of which I can not understand, or am I wrong?

shAf

preferred backup location not used
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:06:53 pm »

Via MC options, I have the preferred location for backup designated as:

C:\Data\JRiver\Media Center 19\Library Backups\

But for "File=>Library=>Backup Library" MC19.0.74 defaults to:

[This PC]\[Documents]\JRiver\Media Center 19\Library Backups

which, for Windows 8.1, happens to be:

C:\Users\[currentuser]\Documents\JRiver\Media Center 19\Library Backups
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

connersw

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 03:22:26 pm »

Video can no longer be controlled via the status bar in Gizmo.  Only Pause, Stop, and Skip work.  Audio control via status bar still functions; only Video is broken.

Reverting back to build 19.0.67 corrects the problem.   Related thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84468.0  Perhaps the fix for others broke it for me.

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 03:26:14 pm »

Media Editor hangs on decoding mp3 files. I can't open any of them.

Someone else posted this same issue on a previous release.

I'm using Windows 8, 64-bit, if that's relevant.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 04:09:51 pm »

Video can no longer be controlled via the status bar in Gizmo.  Only Pause, Stop, and Skip work.  Audio control via status bar still functions; only Video is broken.

Reverting back to build 19.0.67 corrects the problem.   Related thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84468.0  Perhaps the fix for others broke it for me.

I can reproduce.

There was a change to help a possible TV seeking issue that caused this problem.  We'll get it fixed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 04:20:27 pm »

Media Editor hangs on decoding mp3 files. I can't open any of them.

This will be fixed next build.  Thanks for reporting it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 06:23:40 pm »

Installed 19.0.74 and LAV filters are still showing as 0.58.2- see attached screenshot. The files in the plugin directory are dated 4th November 2013 and the graph info shows them as being loaded during playback.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 01:53:31 am »

You cannot open the properties page of the built-in LAV Filters, if you can open them, you installed a stand-alone copy somewhere which is out of date now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 02:31:24 am »

You cannot open the properties page of the built-in LAV Filters, if you can open them, you installed a stand-alone copy somewhere which is out of date now.

You are quite right- I am getting old and forgetful- I had registered the video decoder in MC18 plugin and forgotten to unregister and re-register when I migrated to MC19  :-[
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

mihamurp

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 04:30:27 pm »

Media Center 19 don't save the settings when I play youtube videos inside the player.
1.Choose a file from youtube to play inside the player. 2.Before start playing the file, MC is asking you a few options. 3.Choose  play the file in the player and put tick in the box for keep using this answer.

dean70

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 10:37:34 pm »

Adaptive volume causing bad clipping. For example peak with Adaptive volume disabled is -4,1db, enabled is +7.6db!

edit: only seems to affect 2 channel albums. Multichannel still seems to be OK with adaptive volume enabled.

edit 2: the affected tracks are "hot" to begin with. Adaptive volume seems to return the level close to where it was with both Volume Leveling & Adaptive volume disabled.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 04:26:04 am »

Has Expressions settings changed?

Just saw this in Theater View.
Example:
Before
(TV Show)
Extended Line shows: Season.Episode - Name - Watched   AND TV Show in the second line in the same field.

Now
Extended Line shows: Season.Episode - Name - Watched   AND TV Show all in one line now = Looks awful  :(.

Same behaviour in main line. Same "look" in Audio section.

Something changed, or a bug? It worked normal a few builds before, no changes were made by me since MC 19 arrived.

Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 03:29:41 pm »

Changing from a DSD64 track directly to a PCM 176.4kHz track causes a strong noise and the DAC still indicates that it is receiving a DSD stream.
Stopping and playing the same PCM 176.4kHz track again fixes the noise.

The other way, changing from a PCM 176.4kHz track to a DSD64 also causes the DSD file not playing properly and the DAC still indicates a PCM 176.4 kHz stream.

Same thing happens between DSD128 and PCM 352.8

Changing between other combinations of sampling rates seem to work fine.

I am using WASAPI and DoP bitstreaming.

Thanks.

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 03:52:19 pm »

Changing from a DSD64 track directly to a PCM 176.4kHz track causes a strong noise and the DAC still indicates that it is receiving a DSD stream.
Stopping and playing the same PCM 176.4kHz track again fixes the noise.
If you haven't already, try enabling the "Play a little silence on DoP stop" option. (Tools > Options > Audio > Device Settings…)
You could also try enabling the "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" option and see if that helps. (Tools > Options > Audio > Settings)

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:03:06 am »

When requesting a jpeg image with pad=1

/MCWS/v1/Browse/Image?ID=1004&Width=300&Height=428&Pad=1&Format=jpg&Token=xsdgH5yo&FillTransparency=F9F9F9

then the 'padded' pixels are always black, while they should have the FillTransparency color?

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 10:49:27 am »

If you haven't already, try enabling the "Play a little silence on DoP stop" option. (Tools > Options > Audio > Device Settings…)
You could also try enabling the "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" option and see if that helps. (Tools > Options > Audio > Settings)

I tried both but the issue is still happening.

I also tried using PCM to DSD and to 2xDSD Encoding. The issue remains this way, too.

Despite I first noticed this issue on 19.0.74, it happens from 19.0.56 and and later versions.
I tried 19.0.51, 19.0.54, 19.0.56, 19.0.60, 19.0.67 and 19.0.74. 19.0.51 and 19.0.54 don't have this issue.

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 04:49:49 pm »

Can this feature be turned off? 

NEW: The option to move articles, ignore articles, etc. uses a list that includes English, Spanish, German, and French articles.

I have the James Bond film "Die Another Day".  It sorts wrong now in my movie list. I assume the change in sorting is connected to the above new feature in 19.70

I get that Das Boot is The Boot in German.  If I think of my German language class 45 years ago I can translate Die to The and figure out the sorting.  Of course at my age that is heavy lifting!  I assume Les Miserables is The Miserables in French.  Since I'm not a French speaker the movie now seems sorted wrong too.  No one in my household will find these movies with the new system!

Again, can this feature be disabled or controlled?

Thanks!

FastKayak / Larry

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 05:21:40 pm »

You would let me have this question and request again here.

Even with DAC and DSDx2 realtime up-sampling encoding settings, the audio track of YouTube mp4 video is always played back in its original PCM format and is not over sampled/encoded to DSDx2.

I understand that you would need to fully synchronize video movie with audio track, and therefore realtime DSDx2 encoding of video clip maybe difficult, but if possible, when payed directly on MC19 browser on internet or played by the stored/downloaded mp4 file, I would like to have audio track of YouTube video would be DSDx2 encoding fully synchronized with the video movie image.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 09:58:44 pm »

This version crashed. What it is the latest stable version?

chrisjj

Incorrect playlist and images paths on Creative ZEN
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 05:25:56 pm »

These V18 bugs were apparently fixed in 19.0.54 but are present in 19.0.74:

Incorrect playlist path on Creative ZEN
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81460.msg555627#msg555627

Incorrect images path on Creative ZEN
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81460.msg555632#msg555632

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:56 pm »

This version just closes (crash) with playing anything, music, movies, asio or wasapi, 44.1 or 96khz, sometimes MC closes after a few seconds,
sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 5 minutes

There is something wrong with this version. I tried Steinberg MR816X and Avid MBox pro 3.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate x64, official version, 12 GB DDR3 RAM

fridden

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 11:32:45 am »

The scrollbar in the Tag window disappears after editing a list field or description field. Or rather when I edit a field that will cover the entire Tag-window and close it the scroll bar has vanished, making it impossible to scroll.

I have to click on an ordinary field, like Name, to make the scroll bar reappear again.

I am not sure it came with 19.0.74 but I haven't noticed it before, or is it just me?

/Fridden

chrisjj

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 11:42:20 am »

The scrollbar in the Tag window disappears after editing a list field or description field. Or rather when I edit a field that will cover the entire Tag-window and close it the scroll bar has vanished, making it impossible to scroll.

FWIW, here the tag window doesn't show a scrollbar:

I wish it did, since it might let me see see more of Playlists.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 01:16:34 pm »

Disabling, 'analyze audio for audio files' in 'Configure auto import',
solved my problem. In the former version of MC19, leaving this selected, was no problem.

I think this narrows down some bugs.

I am happy, I didn't want to install something else to watch my tv series.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 01:17:26 pm »

The scrollbar in the Tag window disappears after editing a list field or description field. ... I am not sure it came with 19.0.74 but I haven't noticed it before, or is it just me?

/Fridden

I have seen this issue in previous builds as well.
No, it is not just you.

aigenga

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 01:54:53 pm »

On Win 8.1 playing audio files from my NAS: MC freezes and must be shutdown and restarted.  I have re-installed 3 times but no change.  Never had this problem on release 18.

I thought it was fixed by restoring the library again, but no it still freezes.  Once it froze on the screen while still playing!  But every other time it freezes both aurally and visually.

I was hoping for some help here.  Now all I want is a way back to release 18.

steven davenport

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 02:08:45 pm »

I am in my 60s going into my 70s the first thing I wanted to say was I've been downloading your program for some time. Even though sometimes I wonder how long the next one will be before you put out another one it seems as though you just start working the first and before you know it there's an upgrade. I don't have a problem with the upgrades otherwise I would not keep upgrading. My problem is that each time the upgrades are done by individuals that are so proud of their abilities that they want to show them off, consequently they make it very hard for the average individual my age to simply download the upgrade. It seems is a you have to go through one format after another just to simply get a upgrade from 17 to 19 and when you ask someone a question about this, they have informed you that it's in the format because they know the format and they assume that everyone is within their 20s and 30s, and are acquainted with their formats. >:( I guess they don't feel as though the older generation belongs to getting if it wasn't for us they wouldn't be here. But I digress although wanted to do was upgrade from 17 to 19 why can't you simply put a button for the older versions to be upgraded to the newer versions,? That way someone my age does not have to go through the rhetoric. I downloaded 19 some days ago and haven't figured out how to buy the darn thing for the upgrade price and that's a shame. You make it so hard that someone can even buy your product by simply pressing a button >:(

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »

Just download the latest version from the Download Page.  The rest should be obvious.

There is a link in the e-mail we've just sent to this page:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC19

There is an Upgrade thread at the top of this board.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 10:18:43 pm »

with disabling analyzing in auto import rules, I watched for hours to tv shows and listened to flac files.

I enabled it again to see if my problem would happen again, and yes, after about 2 minutes, MC
stops playing and closes without warning or crash, the log file indicates it is analyzing again.

I uploaded the log file.

http://ul.to/zp700swt

Thanks for checking this out.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 04:48:49 pm »

Using "Sync Handheld" on a portable drive to create an mp3 clone of my FLAC library skips numerous files while also creating duplicates that cannot be seen as 'dupes' because MC names them as

Artist - Album - Track #- Name.mp3
Artist - Album - Track #- Name (1).mp3
Artist - Album - Track #- Name (2).mp3
Artist - Album - Track #- Name (3).mp3
etc.

PLEASE fix this or provide a "Clone to lossy" function
(I need to keep a portable lossy version of my FLAC library for travel)
. . . the game is rigged

chrisjj

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 06:45:06 pm »

Using "Sync Handheld" on a portable drive to create an mp3 clone of my FLAC library skips numerous files while also creating duplicates that cannot be seen as 'dupes' because MC names them as

Artist - Album - Track #- Name.mp3
Artist - Album - Track #- Name (1).mp3
Artist - Album - Track #- Name (2).mp3
Artist - Album - Track #- Name (3).mp3
etc.

That's odd - it does not accord with the default Audio Path. Regardless, if you could changes Audio Path to make the names unique, this will prevent MC adding those annoying numbers.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 07:45:34 pm »

That's odd - it does not accord with the default Audio Path. Regardless, if you could changes Audio Path to make the names unique, this will prevent MC adding those annoying numbers.

The names are unique . . . those examples posted represent the fields used in the naming convention
[Artist] - [Album] - [Track #] - [Name]

MC names them properly except it creates duplicates and adds a suffix number to differentiate the files rather than over-writing them
(or better filtering out the dupe and not creating it)
. . . the game is rigged

chrisjj

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 08:10:33 pm »

The names are unique . . . those examples posted represent the fields used in the naming convention
[Artist] - [Album] - [Track #] - [Name]

MC names them properly except it creates duplicates and adds a suffix number to differentiate the files rather than over-writing them
(or better filtering out the dupe and not creating it)

Ah, I get it. I'd guess the match key is different for these duplicates. Here's that match key definition for a previous version http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56600.msg384192#msg384192 but I don't know the definition for V19.
Pages: [1]   Go Up