INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win 10 and MC23 Slow frame rate  (Read 1814 times)

yogui

Win 10 and MC23 Slow frame rate
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:56:31 pm »

Hi,

I was using MC 23 with no problems in Win7 x64 but fresh installed in the same hardware Win10 x64 with MC23 both current.

When playing video (MKV mostly) the Video shows slower than the Audio.
But when MC is on full screen and I do Right Click>Window>100% (Instead of "Fit Window") the video and audio are in sync.
I can even Zoom in to 150% (nearly Full screen) and stays in sync.

So it seems that the "Fit Window" makes the Video out of sync (screen size is 1920x1080)

I already try the following with no luck:
-Change Audio output (From Multichannel DAC to Direct Sound Device)
-Change Video (Hardware accelerated and back to default)
-Re-install the Matrox video drivers
-Re-install MC both 32 and 64 bits
-Install Shark007 codecs and disable MKV media foundation (I did try without any codec pack installed as well)
-Turn off Avira Antivirus

Any ideas please?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Win 10 and MC23 Slow frame rate
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 12:35:09 am »

You have to uninstall antivirus software to be sure.  Disabling it may not be enough.

Try setting video to Red October Standard.  That will tell you if madVR is a factor.

If that works, try Red October HQ with no changes to madVR.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam

yogui

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 06:22:08 pm »

Thanks for your replies Jim,

I've done the following and still not working:

1-Restored the fresh Win10 and JRiver fresh install (from Acronis Disk Image), with no antivirus but (Windows Defender default) still not working.
2-The install was already on Red October Standard (Default), but I also ran the "restore default settings.bat" file, rebooted and played the movie with Sync problem.
(The Red October HQ plays a black screen with the audio only)

Let me add the following,
The out of sync Video happens rather quickly, after playing about 5 seconds of movie.
So far happens on MKV files only (a few MP4 do play fine).
The sync problem happens only when on "Fit Window" or Zoom greater than %150.
I after the fresh install in Win10, I loaded a JRiver local library created previously on Win 7.

I am keen to try any other ideas please.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 01:06:22 am »

Please install MC 23.0.91:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113582.0.html

If you're getting a black screen with madVR, you probably have an older version installed.

Even Windows Defender has caused problems recently.

Are the files local or on a NAS drive or USB drive?

yogui

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 03:01:49 am »

Hi Jim,

I restored my fresh Win10 image, then disabled Windows Defender (Can not un-install I think, screenshot attached) and fresh installed Matrox drivers and JRiver 23.0.91

Still Video out of sync.

I have all files on a Synology DS1815 with a Cisco Switch in Gigabit Teaming x2, so Network is not likely the bottle neck, but I also copied one .mkv locally on the C drive and still Video out of sync.

After days of not feeling right about Win 10 experience, I looked at the C226 chipset for the  X10SLH-F is not ticked compatible with Win 10 x64 in the manufacturers site!!!

My PC is a CAPS PIPELINE assembled by Small Green Computers in 2014 (they did a great job)

I posted a comment in the ComputerAudiophile forum, will let you know if there is any firmware upgrade or user feedback.

After days crappy PC performance, so far my only bet is go back to Win 7 x64 and wait for my next PC upgrade.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/21983-article-computer-audiophile-pocket-server-caps-v4-pipeline/?do=findComment&comment=757810

yogui

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 04:46:32 pm »

I Flashed the Motherboard BIOS (see post from ComputeAudiophile)
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/21983-article-computer-audiophile-pocket-server-caps-v4-pipeline/?do=findComment&comment=758203

It made an improvement but still having the Video out of sync issue  :'(

By the way, I also fresh installed the same Win10x64 image on my old Surface 3 and JRiver 23.0.91 plays the videos fine from the Synology NAS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up